Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths (9950 Views)

"Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / 2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan / Boko Haram's Protest Is For Social Injustice - Yuguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by WilyWily4: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2011
Chyz*:

This is the funniest post on this page.
And another laugh abt OPC chasing out The Ijaws from Ajegunle. The Ijaw boys gave them a whippin and did not run. What tin u dey talk?
Ijaws will defeat Yorubas any day any time.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2011
Na to dey make mouth na em nija ppl sabi, make una dey do ACTION !!!! if una wan figth, figth!!! dont talk!
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by emmatok(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2011
Wily¬Wily:

Ijaws will defeat Yorubas any day any time.

LOL,

See internet warriors, when last did you hear about ND militants in Ajagunle or Bakasi-Boys in Alaba. They were chased out!!!

Your Igbo brothers  who proved stubborn were dumped into the Lagoon at Apongbo.

The irony is that you people running your mouths here will start shouting GENOCIDE when crisis start.

1 Like

Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2011
^^ Abi oo.

When we unleash another Bejamin Adekunle on then they would start screaming Gevena convention Genocide bla bla bla

And they would skip town to their favourite destination ABIDJAN
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Yacoco: 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2011
Na wa oooo
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by moshoodn(m): 10:31pm On Dec 14, 2011
Let OPC rule!!!!!!!
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by tobiju: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
i see myself as a NIGERIAN first before i see myself as a Yoruba, i have stayed in almost all states in this nation, and i have seen that the northern leaders are not true to themselves and their people, if we are to talk about corrupt leaders we have 9 of them from the north and yet their people are really backwards in terms of good education and legacies, and the should try and clean their hands off boko haram sect and you will see that there will be peace, the boko haram is the one causing tension in the nation and even in the world, i for as a person will surely look at my Hausa friend twice if i am in the north cause he might be the next bomb terrorist that is about to blow innocent people,,,,what OPC did was just to tell the northeners in the western region that they should not help or aid any of the boko haram evil agenda in the west or east or else, tell them we go school well well and we self sabi do and even do pass them, we are not going to hide, we are not going to blow innocent babies, we are not going to attack defenseless citizens , but we are going to be all out , and i like the decisions of the middle belts traditional rulers, no more meaningless meetings with hypocrites that knows the genesis of boko haram and terrorism and pretend to be ignorant, why, i beg leave OPC and mind ur BOKO HARAM SHIT
sadjavascript:void(0);
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by Leopardd(m): 12:12am On Dec 03, 2015
Chyz2:
[size=15pt]OPC protest unnecessary –Northern youths, Ezeife, others[/size]
•It’s in order –Osoba

By WILY EYA and OMONIYI SALAUDEEN

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Diverse interest groups in the country have reacted to Thursday’s anti-Boko Haram protest in Lagos by the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) against any violent attack on the Southwest region.
Tthe group led by its founder, Fredrick Fasehun, took to the streets with gun-wielding youths calling on the dreaded Boko Haram to steer clear of the region.

But president of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Alhaji Shetiima Yerima, in an interview with Sunday Sun, said the act of the OPC was unnecessary, as it was capable of heightening the tension in the country.
According to him, the group should have made its position on the threatening security challenge known to the government rather than organizing a protest that could be hijacked by unscrupulous elements in the society to perpetrate their criminal activities.

His words: “I do not know exactly what informed the protest. But for me, the protest was unnecessary because already there is tension in the country. Besides, we all know that that some people have been taken undue advantage of the Boko Haram to perpetrate their criminal acts. I think what they have done was to make their position on the security situation in the country known to the government rather than taking to the street and causing more tension in the land.”

The aftermath of the protest, he noted, was already causing apprehension within the Hausa communities in Lagos.
“Since they staged the protest, I have been inundated with several calls from northern leaders expressing worries over the safety of Hausa communities in the South West. But because of our good relationship with OPC, I have spoken extensively with Dr. Fredrick Fasehun and he assured me that the intension was not to attack any tribe in the region.”
Speaking in the same vein, a former governor of old Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, said though the protest was not out of place, it could heighten tension in the land.

“Everybody is on the edge because of the attitude of Boko Haram . So, I don’t blame anybody for coming out loud to issue such a warning threat, especially when you have evidence of possibility of their coming to attack people in the South West. The only thing is that it could heighten fear among the people when you hear such warning. To that extent, it is dangerous. But I am sure; they are not reacting for nothing. When you see people who are not wishing you well, you have to warn them from a reasonable distance not to move near you.”

On his part, Secretary-General of Aka Ikenga, an Igbo socio-cultural group, Goddy Uwazuruike, described as treasonable any action that is capable of undermining national security.
“The OPC has a right of assembly and right of holding views. But if there is violence and threat to national security, it is treason. Boko Haram carrying out violence and threatening national security is treasonable. Nobody has a right to unlawfully carry arms in Nigeria and I do not support that even if everybody or group has a right to assembly and free speech.”

However, former Ogun State Governor, Segun Osoba, expressing a divergent view, argued that there was nothing wrong in what the OPC did to protect the interest of the Yoruba.
“They were merely exercising their rights to protect their community. In Yoruba, every family has members of Islamic faith and Christians. So, turning religious issue to violence is unacceptable in Yoruba land. Government should find way of talking to them as they did to the militants. And, of course, government has a lot of channels through which it can solve the problem,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/11/national-11-12-2011-008.html

Lol.
Re: OPC's Anti-Boko Haram Protest Are Unnecessary – Northern Youths by basilo101: 12:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Lol, protesting with guns? Hypocrites

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hundreds Of PDP Members Decamp To APGA In Imo / National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister / Andy Uba Shuns PDP Disciplinary Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.