Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? (1177 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Workers Protesting For Non Payment Of Salary In Osogbo (PICTURES) / SEC Workers Protesting For Oteh's Sack (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by igbo2011(m): 11:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCk_1dlJWWc&feature=youtu.be

They are standing up against political imperialism. Many people have been arrested in Canada and London so far. This is just the beginning. Why are Nigerians allowing this to happen the rulers STEAL EVERYTHING!!
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by asha80(m): 12:00am On Dec 12, 2011
igbo2011:

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCk_1dlJWWc&feature=youtu.be

They are standing up against political imperialism. Many people have been arrested in Canada and London so far. This is just the beginning. Why are Nigerians allowing this to happen the rulers STEAL EVERYTHING!!

have you lived in nigeria or amongst hoards of nigerians before?
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by igbo2011(m): 12:01am On Dec 12, 2011
asha 80:

have you lived in nigeria or amongst hoards of nigerians before?
Yes I have
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by asha80(m): 12:05am On Dec 12, 2011
igbo2011:

Yes I have

then you should know the mindset of the average nigerian(selfishness).
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Ikengawo: 5:40am On Dec 12, 2011
^that, and the fact that protesting isn't the solution for everything. The average nigerian would behave like an animal if he had access to the nations treasury, sadly our super theif politicians are probably in the bottom half of greedy self people in nigeria, the difference is they have access. All the people that would protest pay and rwecieve bribes on a daily basis with no source of correction. At least the nigerian government created the efcc to monitor and better itself as flawed as that institution is. What has the average nigerian done to make themselves less corrupt? Who are they to protest? Besides nigerians haven't seen 1/5 the corruption and evil congo has. R u willing to compare gejs election to kabilas?
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by igbo2011(m): 5:53am On Dec 12, 2011
Ikengawo:

^that, and the fact that protesting isn't the solution for everything. The average nigerian would behave like an animal if he had access to the nations treasury, sadly our super theif politicians are probably in the bottom half of greedy self people in nigeria, the difference is they have access. All the people that would protest pay and rwecieve bribes on a daily basis with no source of correction. At least the nigerian government created the efcc to monitor and better itself as flawed as that institution is. What has the average nigerian done to make themselves less corrupt? Who are they to protest? Besides nigerians haven't seen 1/5 the corruption and evil congo has. R u willing to compare gejs election to kabilas?
The EU and America rigged the elections with Kabila because Kabila is a puppet who does whatever the west wants. The west owns Congo for like 120 years. Killed Lumumba and supported Mobotu, kill Kabila of 2001 and supported the current guy. The west also does the same thing for Nigeria.

If I was president of Nigeria, I would serve the people, not myself.

Those leaders should at least keep that money in an Nigerian (at least African) bank, why put it in the west or Dubai to support their economies?
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Ikengawo: 7:16am On Dec 12, 2011
The west doesn't herald the same control over nigeria as it does other af. Countries. All nigerian coups have been based to local political and often tribal factors and all mil. N civilian leaders have been prowestern so why would the west overthrow one for the other? Lumumba showed the west he wasn't going to allow them to run and exploit congo, that's why they intervened. Anyways nigerians are just dramatic because they're impatient and short sighted, our goverance and country is improving by all indicators visible and invisible. The remaining long list of problems are being fought and addressed and our electoral process has improved dramatically since objs first election. Our governors are being held accountable, rigged elections are being overturned, the corrupt are being chased, our business sector is producing billionaire and nigerians are seeing sector booms. The list or fails exceeds the list of successes but for the first time were building on our list of successes and that alone is the greatest success.  A protest or roit isn't a quick fix button to solve all problems and seldom does anything but kill old problems and birth new ones. Nigera will take decades to build but for the first time its safe to say the country is being built.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Ikengawo: 7:18am On Dec 12, 2011
Besides anyone that says nigeria needs more protests is a fool. Protesting has caused every nigerian at least 1 years worth of education. All nigerians do is protest to a fault.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by igbo2011(m): 7:30am On Dec 12, 2011
The Naira's value is moving up and down as we speak because politicians are trying to move the money out of country. Probably to Dubai. KEEP THE MONEY IN THE COUNTRY!! DAMN!! Atleast put them in Nigerian banks so people can get loans, to star businesses. That is what Indonesia does.

But you are right, Nigeria is getting better little by little but it isn't fast enough. It could be SO much better. Right now, Egypt has a 1 million man march. Would Nigerians ever do that to stop corruption?

I mean that Nigeria can have almost all the citizens employed in 4 years. It is really easy if hey exploit agriculture, tourism, and manufacturing correctly. But the senators are stealing everything and putting the money abroad. That money never makes it back to Nigeria anyway so whats the point in putting it there?
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Godmann(m): 8:35am On Dec 12, 2011
Ikengawo:

Besides anyone that says nigeria needs more protests is a fool. Protesting has caused every nigerian at least 1 years worth of education. All nigerians do is protest to a fault.

And you call our useless worthless paper certificate education? Wake up guy. You can only sound the way you did because you are not educated.

If you have been opportune to pass through good school and know about through world history, you will be the one to lead our protest.

If you are truly educated as you claim, which of the world inventions came from your land? Counting from the little pen you use to write to spacecrafts, computers, phones, etc. Can you even feed yourself despite your arable land, good climatic conditions and the variety of crops that can grow in your land?

Why have your brothers that found themselves in Europe and America turned to instant Genius while those at home get wasted? Because your so called education is poo.

Plead that God allow you see the truth before you die. Wake up.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Thatdave(m): 8:50am On Dec 12, 2011
we have even fought a war!
2 million people went for it.
We have done thousands of strikes, we have done coups
and assassinations, we have done protests, and halted institutions with strikes, we have bribed and forged,
we have burnt pipelines
and killed white men,
we have kidnapped and suicide bombed.
We have killed our presidents by our own hands!
we have spilled our blood and gathered experience.
We have now decided to let God play his part.
And for the first time, we are starting to see hope.
Now , we can boldly tell you with unwavering certainty, that protest march will throw us back in time, considering our geopolitical setup and age.
Egypt , tunisia and lybia have only changed a government,
we can only tap their young back and say 'welcome to the beggining of the journey boys'
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Ikengawo: 10:25am On Dec 12, 2011
Godman, your post made no sens, thatdave you're 110% right. Congo egypt and libya are now going through what we went through in 1960. We have never had a leader dominate the country for decades like they have and we've done a lot to fight and ended tyranny in our country. Now we have to be realistic and patient for the rest of development to happen.we can have a 150 million man march, a thief isn't going to become a sait because he sees people on the street.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Ikengawo: 10:36am On Dec 12, 2011
Nigerian have short sight on history and are too emotional to be consistently analytical. Your nigeria is still more developed then your fathers nigeria which was more developed then his fathers nigeria. Just be patient. 9 there's no magic buttton that brings development which many of you think aimless copy cat protests are. We have protested more then any nation in africa, we in fact do it too much. How many times a year to doctors in nigeria go on strike? This is unheard of in most of the world n u still think protest is the answer? What are we protesting? Gej? Is he worst then yar adua? Was yar adua worst then obasanjo? Was obj worst then abacha and ibb? Were steadily improving, just calm down and do your part.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Godmann(m): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2011
Ikengawo:

Nigerian have short sight on history and are too emotional to be consistently analytical. Your nigeria is still more developed then your fathers nigeria which was more developed then his fathers nigeria. Just be patient. 9 there's no magic buttton that brings development which many of you think aimless copy cat protests are. We have protested more then any nation in africa, we in fact do it too much. How many times a year to doctors in nigeria go on strike? This is unheard of in most of the world n u still think protest is the answer? What are we protesting? Gej? Is he worst then yar adua? Was yar adua worst then obasanjo? Was obj worst then abacha and ibb? Were steadily improving, just calm down and do your part.

GEJ is going to be the worst President that have ruled this country. Your argument is wrong. I don't know how old you are. I got into activitism during the Abacha days. Believe me things are getting worse. Abacha was worse than IBB. Abdusalam was a Criminal. Obasanjo is a bigger evil that even wanted to rule us for life. Obasanjo created the problem we are in today. He created a sick and dying President in Yar'adua. He purposely picked GEJ as a weakling he can control as VP. Today circumstances have made the weakling the President and we are in a mess.

Study GEJ very well and tell if if he has taken a single decision as a man since he emerged. Has he even been able to marry Patience as a wife after years of living together? How can one that cannot shape a single woman (or divorce her if she is unchangeable), transform Nigeria?

Why are we deceiving ourselves?

Sorry, I don't have enough time to argue this out with you. At work and need to account for my daily pay. These are posting I have made on Nigeria this morning and reading through them, you can see my line of thoughts.

I am convinced I am right; and also ready to die if it comes to that.

Mass revolts are not always the best (Comment on Naira land) ?

These are the lies they have put into our head in order to stop our capacity to force change on them. Tell me an advanced country in the world that was not founded on mass revolt or revolution.

It is only thru REVOLUTION that the foundations for nationhood is built. Our problem in Nigeria is that we have not passed through that, because it is only during revolutions that the terms of nationhood are drawn.

You have heard of the American charter; you know of Britain and Magna Carta. These are the bases, the Charter, the agreement that gave rise to the understanding of their government.

India's Independent was a Revolution. Ghana's was because Kwame Nkrumah had was elected from Prison. Later there was also a Rawlings that helped to put it well into people's head (The terms of their nationhood). No one has ever drawn our own Charter. What we have is an amalgam of power hungry thieves.

Until we pass through that, nothing can work. It was only during Revolution that the ordinary masses will come to appreciate what government is all about. It is only after it that the rulers will come to appreciate also that real power belongs to the people (the masses.)

Revolution is like a foundation upon which nations are built.

I challenge any one to give me a progressive nation on Earth without a Revolution, not necessarily by wasting lives. But an forced transition.

Even the democracy that we all shout today, the human rights etc were founded on people's protest. People died to make me and you live.

We must be ready to die (if need be), to secure a better future for those after us. Or we all will ever remain in this mess. And I don't think God will forgive all of us who refused to act.

Because his first command as recorded in the Bible is that we should cultivate (dominate) the earth. It means that we should use our heads and hands to make the world a better place guys.

Ours is not just to lazy around and selfishly "enjoy" all the fun living on the sweet of past generations. We must also "sow", or certainly head to hell on the last day.

Also.

The mistake you guys make is to associate Revolution with waste of human life. This is not always true.
1. Revolution is just but a change forced on the ruling class. If you through European histories, you will see they have series of Revolution (Some violent and some not.) It is not for me and you to determine which Revolution will be violent or not. It is the ruling class that determines that. When the masses are determined for a change, the ruling class will want to counter them by force giving birth to possible loss of lives. If they ruling class perceives are reasonable or perceives there is no way they can win by force, they will yield to the demands of the masses.
2. Secondly, you can never reach a compromise with a thief. The ruling class knows quite well that they are destroying the country. But they also know that they are beneficiaries of this evil system. As a result they will never give up their advantage unless they are forced to. If you keep pleading for their understanding without element of threat, they will never give up. It is natural for humans to want to keep any advantage they have over others. The thieves will never give up those advantages unless they perceive forceful action that will put them to advantage. The fear of the people’s reaction can force a change. But if we all remain docile and pray that they will change; I bet they will never. Imagine your Jonathan who has just entered Aso Rock from poverty. He bought his first car by 1996 (a rickety car at that), but today he has forgotten his roots because he want to keep the advantage he has just gained over us. That is the way human minds work. You force change. You don’t plead for it.
3. Lastly, I wonder why you refused to answer my question. I want some one to tell me a progressive country on earth that has not passed through some kind of forceful demand for change by their people? This is what we are lacking. We need to awaken our people from slumber. We need to put it on their head that this government is our and must be accountable to us. We need to put it on every body’s head – both the governed and the government.
4. As for dying. Forget it. No one will die. If they try killing peaceful demonstrators, the International court will go after them. It is easier for them to kill in secret and this they have done and keep doing to date. But they will never have the gut to kill innocent and peaceful demonstrators. All we need do is to get all the international media to cover any protest and to make sure the protest is peaceful.
5. There are forces strong than that from the barrels of the gun. The force of justice, the force of logic any day will defeat crude guns. Never you be afraid of one.
6. And if you die fighting for justice, heaven becomes a sure gift. Always ask yourself, knowing fully that we will all die: He that dies today and he that dies yesterday, who is better? None. Will you want to die an uncelebrated coward, or would you want to die a celebrated heaven bound hero? Why didn’t Christ and the apostle’s abandon the Christian fate because of the deaths that awaited them?
7. What matters about death is the pains you might go through during the dying process and the people you will miss. Nothing more. Let get this into our head. Nothing can stop us from pursuing our rightful demands.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by chillbabe(f): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2011
@Godman are u ok no matter what GEJ is still the president of Nigeria so a little respect is in order. More so it is not your place to comment on how he handles his wife. We don't need a revolution in Nigeria it will only take us years back. The once who will suffer most are women and children. U can make your point without insults.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by efisher(m): 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2011
I agree with Thatdave and Ikengawo. We have passed that level and we now have better tools to move us as a nation forward. Let's make use of our democratic process, which is more sustainable, rather than follow the path of violence and rancor. We should be more concerned about how to ensure the right people get voted and keep enlightening others who are less informed. Democracy may be a slow process of change but it is a sure and sane way to build a strong nation. It is left for us to take advantage of it.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Godmann(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2011
chillbabe:

@Godman are u ok no matter what GEJ is still the president of Nigeria so a little respect is in order. More so it is not your place to comment on how he handles his wife. We don't need a revolution in Nigeria it will only take us years back. The once who will suffer most are women and children. U can make your point without insults.

A president that wastes a generation like all of them have done (not just GEJ alone) is worth for the gallows. They all deserve to be hanged for wasting our people. Our best brains are being wasted. Our opportunities and you tell me to respect them. Do I have another country or another life.

Any day that GEJ sits on that throne and refuse to do the right thing is a waste to all of us Nigerians. It is a grave waste to all the black nations that awaits on Nigeria to show the way.

If you can equate the pains they have caused us (including the children that they themselves will beget), you will be the first to condemn them.

It is not about GEJ, it is about our nation, our lives, our opportunities. I am annoyed because myself, my brothers, my friends, my generation have been wasted by those criminals without head.

A man that held his people down by bad policies is worse than an armed robber.

I am very okay and sound. GEJ is unworthy of my President. I cannot vote for his kind as my President. I m sure I have the facts better than him. That is why he is messing up.

People without knowledge should stay in their villages and allow well informed minds rule this nation. I want transformation, like he said. My annoyance is that I am so convinced even before the election that he lack every knowledge required to transform the country.

Even him admitted so as reported in Wiki leaks. But greed make him stay put. Now he is there and lacks any direction.

What I said about his wife is the truth and truth alone. Even you know it. Period.

He that cannot manage a house will never manage a country. It is only the big hearts and intelligent persons that can transform a nation. Schemers no do. Liar and manipulator cannot.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2011
Nigerians believe in hope that one day my person will be there and my life will be sorted,they see government as opportunity to gold mines, so with that kind of mind set how can it be possible? their  mind set need to change first,and am not seeing any changes yet.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2011
I just don't see how Nigeria will change. Even protesting won't change anything. Like someone said, we've fought a war. We have rioted. We have protested,. Women have protested bare-chested, yet nothing happened. Nigerians are just getting used to any situation they find themselves. I can imagine if another war is occurs in Nigeria, the president will probably be telling us that he's on top of the situation and that foreign investors should not panic. That's how bad Nigeria has gotten and only a special intervention from wherever can salvage the situation.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Ikengawo: 7:02pm On Dec 12, 2011
Nigerrians dramatically exaggerate their lot. There's no problems nigeria is facing that 90% of the third world isn't facing. Our problem isn't only our government its also the wrecklessness and self serving mentality of our people. Let's stop obsessing over government, the us wasn't developed by the us government outisde of military and building modes of gtransportation. Industry light science were all provided by free americans doing their part not the government. There are nigerians taking huge strides in and out of nnigerias gov to improve the country and all evidence shows were improving. This evil obj, didn't he give us debt relief, the efcc, strong economic growth and restore our role as a non pariah internationally by ending 2 civil wars? This evil yar adua didn't he end the niger delta crisis and svae us from total economic collapse? Did he not put order to the central bank by instilling sanusi who is only hated by nigerians out of all of the worlds ppls for tribal reasons? Under yar adua an igbo became head of military for the first time since biafra. Under the 2 of them did we not become africas largest telecoms entertainment and banking hubs in terms of scale and growth? Did this evil gej not give us Our fairest freest election to date? Has our power grid not improved? Nigeria now has 2 computer manufactures and 2 car assembly plants that didn't exist 2 years ago. Gej has strengthened our instituions and ruled 100% according to the constitution, he has oversaw nigerias fastest economic growth to date, and has caught the suspects of every single boko haram attack to date. Our governors are improving. Is fashola not 100X better thn tinubu? Rochas 100X better then the cross eyed bat he replaced. Amaechi better then odili? Imoke, sullivan, who are these people killing? Should they be overthrown for putting roads schools free trade zones polytechs industry and farming at the forefront? Nigeria went from having 0 telecoms lines under obj to being africas telecoms giant. No real banks in 2000 to being the worlds fastest growing banking sector winnin cbn of the year. And now were openning branches in the uk ghana us and elsewhere. Did gej not bring the railroads back? Nigerians when I lived back home were complimnted for avoiding starvation, now everyone is complimentedd for avoiding obesity because were becoming a land of excess. Our middle class is back, senators, governors and their lot have all been arrested for criminality,
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by Godmann(m): 9:41am On Dec 13, 2011
Ikengawo:

Nigerrians dramatically exaggerate their lot. There's no problems nigeria is facing that 90% of the third world isn't facing. Our problem isn't only our government its also the wrecklessness and self serving mentality of our people. Let's stop obsessing over government, the us wasn't developed by the us government outisde of military and building modes of gtransportation. Industry light science were all provided by free americans doing their part not the government. There are nigerians taking huge strides in and out of nnigerias gov to improve the country and all evidence shows were improving. This evil obj, didn't he give us debt relief, the efcc, strong economic growth and restore our role as a non pariah internationally by ending 2 civil wars? This evil yar adua didn't he end the niger delta crisis and svae us from total economic collapse? Did he not put order to the central bank by instilling sanusi who is only hated by nigerians out of all of the worlds ppls for tribal reasons? Under yar adua an igbo became head of military for the first time since biafra. Under the 2 of them did we not become africas largest telecoms entertainment and banking hubs in terms of scale and growth? Did this evil gej not give us Our fairest freest election to date? Has our power grid not improved? Nigeria now has 2 computer manufactures and 2 car assembly plants that didn't exist 2 years ago. Gej has strengthened our instituions and ruled 100% according to the constitution, he has oversaw nigerias fastest economic growth to date, and has caught the suspects of every single boko haram attack to date. Our governors are improving. Is fashola not 100X better thn tinubu? Rochas 100X better then the cross eyed bat he replaced. Amaechi better then odili? Imoke, sullivan, who are these people killing? Should they be overthrown for putting roads schools free trade zones polytechs industry and farming at the forefront? Nigeria went from having 0 telecoms lines under obj to being africas telecoms giant. No real banks in 2000 to being the worlds fastest growing banking sector winnin cbn of the year. And now were openning branches in the uk ghana us and elsewhere. Did gej not bring the railroads back? Nigerians when I lived back home were complimnted for avoiding starvation, now everyone is complimentedd for avoiding obesity because were becoming a land of excess. Our middle class is back, senators, governors and their lot have all been arrested for criminality,

For your information, every problem with Nigeria is tied to bad leadership. Nigerians in the 1960 were not the most corrupt people on earth. It is the government that shaped our mentality towards corruption because the poor masses see what is happening around government; the smelled the billions that connected people make from government. We all abandoned our farms because the government have teached us how to make easy money. The government is the father of corruption.

As for your so called achievement, he that wasted four years, destroyed millions only to achieve few things should be celebrated for the little things he achieved after wasting our 4/8 years, after killing so many people. Yes. Obasanjo supervised the emergence of telecoms, but what did he put in? nothing. He rather made 285million dollars both from Econet and MTN for the licence and could not provide infrastructure. He helped Globacom stole a licence they did not pay enough of after settling with them and the real owners behind.

People spent billions in research to invent GSM. Ours is just to sit and enjoy it. Our so called Telecom miracle is a lie. It is a technology that just arrived which we were just oppurtyned to benefit from. Find out when GSM technology came into being. If our government is serious, where are the landlines? What have they done to give us cheap and reliable connection? Nothing. Which country in teh world does not have land lines? None. Why is our internet connection poor and costly? because there are no land lines. Find out about broadband internet connections in other countries of the world. Our internet is all thru GSM because our criminal leaders that you want us to celebrate cannot provide the much needed backbones.

Obasanjo brought EFCC, but have been proven to be the most corrupt leader in Nigeria. A poor chicken farmer by 1999 is today one if the richest men in the world. Nigeria earned as much money under Obasanjo's 8 years as it earned from 1960 to 1999, where is the money? What about his term term? What about Bola Ige? Ogbonna Kalu? Hary Marshal and co? What about the atrocities in Anambra state? You want us to forget these oga?

Who gave us a sick and dying Yar'adua as President? Who gave us a man that could not manage his wife as President? Most importantly, why did he do so? This is a man you want me to celebrate? Which other crminality is worse than those? Tell me a country in teh world that a President was caught trying to alter the laws of the land? Were you not aware when Obasanjo tried to alter a passed Elecoral bill and proposed to his fellow criminal that they will call it printer's devil if caught?

So you honestly are not aware of all these? Or are they not criminal actions?

As for you Jonathan, what is happening in Bayelsa state? Is that Democracy? What decision has he taken like a man? Is he actually fighting corruption? Was he right to waste all our money in Australia at the same time he wants to further squeeze us? DO you not have unemployed in your house, in your village, in your street? Whose responsibility is it to provide an environment that can give them job? Whose responsibility is it to provide our security? Is safeguarding our money not part of security? what has GEJ done to reduce corruption? Has he shown any focus despite having nearly spent 2 years as Acting and full President?

Is Jonathan not part of PDP? How many years did it take Brasil to transform their economy? 10 years. How many years have PDP ruled us? What have they achieved? Producing criminals. They gave us MEND, they gave us MASSOB, they gave us OPC, they gave us BOKO HARAM. Find out the rule brains behind all these group. Are they not majority PDP Politicians?

Did your acheiver Jonathan with his fellow animal Atiku not share dollars in the last PDP convention? What does that mean -? - they have no regard for your national currency. How can people without regard for a national currency protect that currency and it economy. How can a man that deal in dollars protect naira?

If he cares about naira, inflation and our local economy; if he cares about our people, the poor people; will he be contesting minimum wage of 18k? As a lecturer did he earn as low as that? Has he lost his senses how painful it was to live on such small amount? What formula has he proposed to get us out of the mess? None.

Oga, they are all criminal and should be hanged.

Those of you that support them are either un-informed are sycophants that wants their own bread to be buttered. After all that is how GEJ got there and the whole nation is bearing the brunt of electing an unprincipled, un-educated, un-exposed coward to rule us.

I repeat, leadership is a serious business. No one can deliver a nation without knowing enough of past nation, without knowing enough of economy, without enough guts to stand his feet no matter the consequence, without enough empathy for his fellow men.

When next you want to vote for a President search out this type and Nigeria will change. Not scheming cowards. Obasanjo was a coward. Find out his record before he got to the top. That was why he turned dictatorial.

Watch out for GEJ, if he has his way, he will soon show his character; he will turn dictatorial. My knowledge of human psychology tells me that power is unsafe in the hand of cowards because they abuse it.

Watch out for it in GEJ, if what is happening in Bayelsa is not yet enough sign for you.
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2011
Godman_n:

For your information, every problem with Nigeria is tied to bad leadership. Nigerians in the 1960 were not the most corrupt people on earth. It is the government that shaped our mentality towards corruption because the poor masses see what is happening around government; the smelled the billions that connected people make from government. We all abandoned our farms because the government have teached us how to make easy money. The government is the father of corruption.

As for your so called achievement, he that wasted four years, destroyed millions only to achieve few things should be celebrated for the little things he achieved after wasting our 4/8 years, after killing so many people. Yes. Obasanjo supervised the emergence of telecoms, but what did he put in? nothing. He rather made 285million dollars both from Econet and MTN for the licence and could not provide infrastructure. He helped Globacom stole a licence they did not pay enough of after settling with them and the real owners behind.

People spent billions in research to invent GSM. Ours is just to sit and enjoy it. Our so called Telecom miracle is a lie. It is a technology that just arrived which we were just oppurtyned to benefit from. Find out when GSM technology came into being. If our government is serious, where are the landlines? What have they done to give us cheap and reliable connection? Nothing. Which country in teh world does not have land lines? None. Why is our internet connection poor and costly? because there are no land lines. Find out about broadband internet connections in other countries of the world. Our internet is all thru GSM because our criminal leaders that you want us to celebrate cannot provide the much needed backbones.

Obasanjo brought EFCC, but have been proven to be the most corrupt leader in Nigeria. A poor chicken farmer by 1999 is today one if the richest men in the world. Nigeria earned as much money under Obasanjo's 8 years as it earned from 1960 to 1999, where is the money? What about his term term? What about Bola Ige? Ogbonna Kalu? Hary Marshal and co? What about the atrocities in Anambra state? You want us to forget these oga?

Who gave us a sick and dying Yar'adua as President? Who gave us a man that could not manage his wife as President? Most importantly, why did he do so? This is a man you want me to celebrate? Which other crminality is worse than those? Tell me a country in teh world that a President was caught trying to alter the laws of the land? Were you not aware when Obasanjo tried to alter a passed Elecoral bill and proposed to his fellow criminal that they will call it printer's devil if caught?

So you honestly are not aware of all these? Or are they not criminal actions?

As for you Jonathan, what is happening in Bayelsa state? Is that Democracy? What decision has he taken like a man? Is he actually fighting corruption? Was he right to waste all our money in Australia at the same time he wants to further squeeze us? DO you not have unemployed in your house, in your village, in your street? Whose responsibility is it to provide an environment that can give them job? Whose responsibility is it to provide our security? Is safeguarding our money not part of security? what has GEJ done to reduce corruption? Has he shown any focus despite having nearly spent 2 years as Acting and full President?

Is Jonathan not part of PDP? How many years did it take Brasil to transform their economy? 10 years. How many years have PDP ruled us? What have they achieved? Producing criminals. They gave us MEND, they gave us MASSOB, they gave us OPC, they gave us BOKO HARAM. Find out the rule brains behind all these group. Are they not majority PDP Politicians?

Did your acheiver Jonathan with his fellow animal Atiku not share dollars in the last PDP convention? What does that mean -? - they have no regard for your national currency. How can people without regard for a national currency protect that currency and it economy. How can a man that deal in dollars protect naira?

If he cares about naira, inflation and our local economy; if he cares about our people, the poor people; will he be contesting minimum wage of 18k? As a lecturer did he earn as low as that? Has he lost his senses how painful it was to live on such small amount? What formula has he proposed to get us out of the mess? None.

Oga, they are all criminal and should be hanged.

Those of you that support them are either un-informed are sycophants that wants their own bread to be buttered. After all that is how GEJ got there and the whole nation is bearing the brunt of electing an unprincipled, un-educated, un-exposed coward to rule us.

I repeat, leadership is a serious business. No one can deliver a nation without knowing enough of past nation, without knowing enough of economy, without enough guts to stand his feet no matter the consequence, without enough empathy for his fellow men.

When next you want to vote for a President search out this type and Nigeria will change. Not scheming cowards. Obasanjo was a coward. Find out his record before he got to the top. That was why he turned dictatorial.

Watch out for GEJ, if he has his way, he will soon show his character; he will turn dictatorial. My knowledge of human psychology tells me that power is unsafe in the hand of cowards because they abuse it.

Watch out for it in GEJ, if what is happening in Bayelsa is not yet enough sign for you. 
very articulated cool cool cool cool
Re: Congolese Are Protesting For Their Country, Why Not Nigeria? by igbo2011(m): 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2011
afam4eva:

I just don't see how Nigeria will change. Even protesting won't change anything. Like someone said, we've fought a war. We have rioted. We have protested,. Women have protested bare-chested, yet nothing happened. Nigerians are just getting used to any situation they find themselves. I can imagine if another war is occurs in Nigeria, the president will probably be telling us that he's on top of the situation and that foreign investors should not panic. That's how bad Nigeria has gotten and only a special intervention from wherever can salvage the situation.
Most people on NL are in privledged positions. Middle to upper class people who travel the world. But the average Nigerian is not that way, very poor living with nothing. Gaddaffi made sure every Libyan had a house what has GEJ done with all this oil money? PDP just steals everything. They are controlled by foreign powers and do as their masters say. Look how they let Gaddaffi die and didn't do anything.Gaddaffi and Mugabe STAND UP FOR AFRICA. Gbagbo too what is GEJ doing? Giving national awards, going to australia, france and other countries to get foreign investment.

WE DON'T NEED ANYBODY WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED IN AFRICA. Goodluck should put money into the military industrial complex not ship the money overseas. Atleast put the money in a Nigerian bank, do something for Nigeria. These criminals have been stealing and this is democracy? rather have Gaddaffi as pres than GEJ. He needs to stand up to imperialism and back himself up. He shouldn't go to foreigners for weapons, he should be making his own ships, planes, guns. THis will keep people working instead of boko haram.

Those Boko Haram boys could be in the military fighting for the country but now the military is fighting against the. If it wasn't for the SAP by IBB in 1980s then this wouldn't be here. Every Nigerian should get free education and every pregnant woman and child under 5 should have free healthcare. Instead of building hopspitals we build CHURCHES! Instead of building schools we build MOSQUES!! We pray for god to save us but how long have people ben praying for?

Nigerians will be slaves forever unless they stand up to imperialism and make thier leaders do their job. Democracy doesn't work everywhere. We don't need house and senate all that bull shit. We are not ready for that, we need one person with one goal and vision.

(1) (Reply)

O / Biafra Applied To UN,AU As Observer Member,independence Nov 5 -vanguard / Nigeria: Thief Obasanjo's Endless Fuel Price Hikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.