Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (210487 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Aiwehia: 9:05am On Dec 19, 2011
@Bastee; i'm going to saskatoon
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by cycline404(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2011
@all Jan applicant, has any one been called for medicals yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by tolyem(m): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2011
@Aiwehia

Congrats!!!!!!!! God had done this

@Bashtee, Usask4life and Cycline404

I pray this is our week, but I suggest we start planning for extention of the start dates with our schools ( I have done mine already).

If we get the medical invites now, we are till good to go. Our G O D is in control
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by tolyem(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2011
@Aiwehia

Congrats!!!!!!!! God had done this

@Bashtee, Usask4life and Cycline404

Lets exchange numbers, mine is 08029575185
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2011
@houz, am one of the canadian may hopefuls, and am planning on submiting my application as soon as possible so as to ensure ample time for processing, i want to ask for the kind of docs to submit coz my dad is my sponsor and he owns an engineering servicing company and am also going to study pre-engineering program at the university of winnipeg.The questions goes thus; do i have to submit the original copy of dad's certificate of registration?, do i have to make a court of affidavit of support?, pls i nid responses asap, tnx in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by tolyem(m): 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2011
@shavel

You will need to submit a photocopy of the cert of registration but it will be more honored if you notarized it too to make more acceptable.

Also, you will need to make a court sponsor's affidafit by your dad.

Submitt on time so that yours wont like ours ooooo ( January hopefuls)
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2011
tolyem:

@shavel

You will need to submit a photocopy of the cert of registration but it will be more honored if you notarized it too to make more acceptable.

Also, you will need to make a court sponsor's affidafit by your dad.

Submitt on time so that yours wont like ours ooooo ( January hopefuls)
lol, thanks bruv.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by cycline404(m): 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2011
@tolyem I have mailed my school, so there is no point of me going to the embassy tomorrow again, USASK4life my num is 08023591581
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2011
@ tolyem, thanks a lot for the email bruv. Hope to get a feedback from them soon, @ cycline, I didn't get ur previous post on time, anyways, was at cdhc today but was kindda late for enquiry, I was delayed by our new lekki tool road which caused heavy traffic congestion today. I have also sent an email to U of S, Hope to get something promising from them. Remain blessed bruv

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by cycline404(m): 8:13pm On Dec 19, 2011
@usksa4life, Let me have ur number so i can call u, !
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by SirP1: 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2011
I have a question, if you are going to study at a boarding school in canada (Pre - Uni) and you have already paid your fees (tution + accomodation + feeding) how much do you still need to have in your account? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 20, 2011
pals dis d embassy is doing is really dishearthning, next week will make four months i sumitted my application and not even a medical callup. Or do they send TRV without medicals cos i heard it happens at times, i live in benin and cannot come to lagos nw cos of the busy nature of the road, what do i do nw pals, sincerely need ur advice. Also help with their number so i can call them since their response to mail is application stil in process or a decision not reached yet.
My resumption date is 3rd january 2012. Thank u all
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bashtee: 11:23am On Dec 20, 2011
@prince christian
This is really dishearting,it is likely that you wil have to a new date.You shud try and go to their office yourself and insist to meet an offical to explain your situation personally rather than relying on mails.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2011
Prince christian. I understand how u feel, Believe me, both emailing and coming to their office doesn't change anything. U can't insist on seeing an official bruv. My home is a stone throw frm cdhc, it was in d past when people can actually go in to make enquiries. Things don change bro, I was there today though. I met some peeps there waiting just like we are. Anyways, as regards new start date, it is usually better if u knw d outcome of ur application before u go appplying for a new date and most times, they instruct u to get a new start date alongside ur meds instructions. And yes, I overhead one of the security guys saying they have seen lots of cases where they waive meds for students. Just keep ur head up partner.and uhmmm. Have u been given a new file no? D number that starts with S3?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Delta007(m): 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
Prince christian:

pals dis d embassy is doing is really dishearthning, next week will make four months i sumitted my application and not even a medical callup. Or do they send TRV without medicals cos i heard it happens at times, i live in benin and cannot come to lagos nw cos of the busy nature of the road, what do i do nw pals, sincerely need your advice. Also help with their number so i can call them since their response to mail is application stil in process or a decision not reached yet.
My resumption date is 3rd january 2012. Thank u all
Unfortunately, you are not going to make Jan 3rd. Differ your admission and use the opportunity to visit the embassy and find out first hand the status of your application while submitting a letter showing the new date.

You need to do medicals to get a study permit to Canada; no short cuts!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Delta007(m): 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2011
usask4life:

Prince christian. I understand how u feel, Believe me, both emailing and coming to their office doesn't change anything. U can't insist on seeing an official bruv. My home is a stone throw frm cdhc, it was in d past when people can actually go in to make enquiries. Things don change bro, I was there today though. I met some peeps there waiting just like we are. Anyways, as regards new start date, it is usually better if u knw d outcome of your application before u go appplying for a new date and most times, they instruct u to get a new start date alongside your meds instructions. And yes, I overhead one of the security guys saying they have seen lots of cases where they waive meds for students. Just keep your head up partner.and uhmmm. Have u been given a new file no? D number that starts with S3?
Whoever you heard has no clue about the process. They do not have the power to waive medicals for a Nigerian(or African) looking to study in Canada. It's a law!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by meine: 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2011
I just got back from Canada on both business trip and holiday and i feel like encouraging the guys here. I was in Toronto, Montreal and Calgary for a while, these are like 3 diff regions, so i can chip in one or two things

I have been following this thread even though i wasn't going for study, just love seeing Nigerians making good suggestions and helping each other

I want all of you complaining about the stress and time you have to wait to plsss stop, because studying in Canada is one of the best choices you will ever make in your life grin grin grin. Its a country with happy people, who look forward to seeing you.  Honestly if i were a student and am being told to wait a year, i wont mind as far as i am given the visa. Infact i once met some Americans from Ohio who are planning to relocate to Canada. I vote for a study in Canada for the ff reasons

1. Blessed with Natural resources, oil and many more so it is self sufficient.
2. Good and responsible government.
3. Shielded by the USA from massive illegal immigration so crime is reduced (No Mexican gangs and drug fights).
4. For the religious its better than the UK because u are free even to build a Buddha temple.
5. Genuinely happy people, grin happiness can prolong your life. They respect you , the racism nonsense is almost zero
6. You get job easily after graduation, you can become a citizen in some cases after 3 years, you know the rest.
7. Don't be scared about the cold, tongue its enjoyable with warm clothing besides most houses have heaters. And if cold wahala too much you can move to more moderate areas like Vancouver and Toronto.
8. They don't poke nose like the USA,hence no single bomb threat.

The truth of the matter is that if your application is full proof, you have a 90% chance of getting your visa, i don't believe its much about praying,fasting without good preparation. Magic wont just work. I also want to appeal that if you feel you aren't fully prepared for them, don't apply wait for the right time. And that time will come if you work harder in nija. I was denied a US student visa 4 times about 15 years back but at the moment i can tell you that no consulate ever refuses me a visa. So timing and preparation is crucial, if you have doubts in your mind about your application please investigate it well and see what remedy u can provide.

These people have seen your country and they know what their country offer in exchange, so my dear they are never in a hurry to answer you tongue tongue tongue tongue. It can be a test of patience but its worth the waiting. If money is not a problem i will advise the use of those established agencies for application, because they would have put your documents thru the first phase of screening,thereby making the consular job easier. Agencies don't guaranty visas but any visa officer seeing such application is happier knowing that his job has been half done.

I wish you the best. Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 2:02pm On Dec 21, 2011
@ all, I just got an email from cdhc asking me to advise them of my passport number as it appears on my international passport and thank God I still have a copy of it. Pls, who knws why they want it cuz my heart just skipped a beat,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2011
meine:

I just got back from Canada on both business trip and holiday and i feel like encouraging the guys here. I was in Toronto, Montreal and Calgary for a while, these are like 3 diff regions, so i can chip in one or two things

I have been following this thread even though i wasn't going for study, just love seeing Nigerians making good suggestions and helping each other

I want all of you complaining about the stress and time you have to wait to plsss stop, because studying in Canada is one of the best choices you will ever make in your life grin grin grin. Its a country with happy people, who look forward to seeing you.  Honestly if i were a student and am being told to wait a year, i wont mind as far as i am given the visa. Infact i once met some Americans from Ohio who are planning to relocate to Canada. I vote for a study in Canada for the ff reasons

1. Blessed with Natural resources, oil and many more so it is self sufficient.
2. Good and responsible government.
3. Shielded by the USA from massive illegal immigration so crime is reduced (No Mexican gangs and drug fights).
4. For the religious its better than the UK because u are free even to build a Buddha temple.
5. Genuinely happy people, grin happiness can prolong your life. They respect you , the racism nonsense is almost zero
6. You get job easily after graduation, you can become a citizen in some cases after 3 years, you know the rest.
7. Don't be scared about the cold, tongue its enjoyable with warm clothing besides most houses have heaters. And if cold wahala too much you can move to more moderate areas like Vancouver and Toronto.
8. They don't poke nose like the USA,hence no single bomb threat.

The truth of the matter is that if your application is full proof, you have a 90% chance of getting your visa, i don't believe its much about praying,fasting without good preparation. Magic wont just work. I also want to appeal that if you feel you aren't fully prepared for them, don't apply wait for the right time. And that time will come if you work harder in nija. I was denied a US student visa 4 times about 15 years back but at the moment i can tell you that no consulate ever refuses me a visa. So timing and preparation is crucial, if you have doubts in your mind about your application please investigate it well and see what remedy u can provide.

These people have seen your country and they know what their country offer in exchange, so my dear they are never in a hurry to answer you tongue tongue tongue tongue. It can be a test of patience but its worth the waiting. If money is not a problem i will advise the use of those established agencies for application, because they would have put your documents thru the first phase of screening,thereby making the consular job easier. Agencies don't guaranty visas but any visa officer seeing such application is happier knowing that his job has been half done.

I wish you the best. Peace.

Honestly if i were a student and am being told to wait a year, i wont mind as far as i am given the visa.

Infact,this keeps me going, +1
@meine,
You've said it all. Canadian education is worthwhile. In my case,God wants me to be patient. I won't lose hope. I will get myself treated and I know I will get the study permit ( by God's grace) Though I have to wait for minimum of 9mnths to 1year to get myself treated of relapse PTB. Yet,I am optimistic. I've got to keep moving.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2011
@HOUISE

do someone have to send toefl test score report to cdhc when applying , or u can tell them your didnt ask you that even though they did , do they usually contact the school
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2011
@bashtee,@delta007 and@usask, ! I appreciate you for all your advice. I have been given a new file number. I guess it will be better i wait for the embassy before i differ my application and requet for a new start date, I pray God's will be done in our lives.
Advice me if to wait for CDHL first before i proceed with my new start date. We all shall be canada in jesus name
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
@all
greetings in the name of the most High
I have little  issues with application. I have recieved my acceptance letter but the date for resumption is march 05 2012
can I still apply and also I have statement of a/c of about 3.4m naira of which I am hell bent on removing 600k from it wat could be my stand for visa approval as my statement of account still read 3.4m
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by tolyem(m): 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
@ sucre

Dont submit the application, coz it will definately be returned. Just beg the school to give you another with an advance date, going by my calculation, it does not meet the three months thing, even the processing time is more than 3 months.

On the issue of bank stattee no probs if unless you are sponsoring yursef and you havent pay any fees (not just deposit) but if u have paid the first semester fees then u are good to go
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by rowlandoo: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
@house

do i have to send toefl test report to cdhc for study permit application ?]
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by sucrecruz: 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2011
@toylem
bro i called the school and they instructed that I scan the letter from the embassy to them and I have not submitted it to the embassy what do I do
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by aayoola1(m): 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2011
@cruz

Jst refer them to the page link on d cdhc website that states
"Student Applications must be submitted a minimum of 3 months prior
to their Acceptance Start Date but not more than 6 months prior to the
start date. Due to current volumes Students should allow 4-6 months
for processing."

canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?view=d
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by lee007(m): 1:01am On Dec 24, 2011
Arrived in canada safely and trying to settle down, honestly this side is cool apart from the cold Toronto is a nice place to be, very multi-cultural with warm people always willing to help. school resumes after new year and am looking foward to it. to all the Canada Hopefuls i wish you the best, just hold on its worth it @ Newacca never give up on your dream man, someday it will happen!, cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by ifegy: 6:13am On Dec 24, 2011
Welcome to Toronto!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by snuteria: 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2011
I arrived canada safely, this place make sense o, 'cos I have been able to move around for shopping, and other things, it's a quiet place, everything organised. well wish you guys the best o, the truth is any thing cdhc does to you dont give up cos you will not remeber when you get the visa
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by usask4life: 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2011
@ lee 007 and snuteria, na wah oooo. Congratulations jaree, I mean, its actually happening. Congratulations once again and may u excel in all ur endeavors in canada. Goodluck,
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by cycline404(m): 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2011
@lee007, snuteria congratulations to both of u and Good luck to you both we shall all see in Canada, !
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2011
@Lee007,
Thx. a bunch. Nice one there. Wishin' u all d best in Canada. smiley

@Snuteria,
Wishin' u all the best in your career in Canada. c ya there one day. smiley

@All,
Wishing all the Xtians both in 9ja,Canada and all over d world a very merry xmas.
ciao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.