Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,125 members, 7,957,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:27 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1069990 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
Realgeo:

Amen ooooo!!!. Hope you have already packed your bag and good to go. Celebration continues

Trying to sell my things got buyers which is good! !
just the Tb test thing we need to resolve in order to book . Looking for best options
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
joygirl2017:
Guys , Guys I need your help my original TB is with my husband he is scared of losing it through sending it to me or delays getting to me

I went to the Tb centre in lagos to see if I can get a reprint but couldnt .
I was told at the centre my husband should scan and send to me on my device and show them at immigration
Or
My husband meets me at the airport , i call him to gives it to me . ( I need to find my uk line )

Pls what can I do ? What's the best option need to book on time .
Thanks

I don't think that it's a problem cause most of people that travelled with their own was not even asked to present it but it's advisable to travel with it though to avoid the story that touches. Again, I will suggest that he scan and send it to your phone so that u can have it at hand should incase.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Lamakinde:
Please how much will I pay for IHS. Trying to register for it and calculations read £600. Is it correct?

Pls I need help on this!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
Lamakinde:

Pls I need help on this!

Have you checked the uk website to reconfirm the price ?

I think paid £600 . Sha check in case they reviewed price they are good at that .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
Realgeo:

I don't think that it's a problem cause most of people that travelled with their own was not even asked to present it but it's advisable to travel with it though to avoid the story that touches. Again, I will suggest that he scan and send it to your phone so that u can have it at hand should incase.

Thanks ore mi @Realgeo he has scanned it to me . He will bring it along to the airport just incase .
Thanks now am at rest .

How are you doing?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
Kemory12:
Good afternoon everyone, I just came across this site last week! Just want to share my experience and to encourage everyone waiting for their visa to hang on the faith! I went to UK in 2010 on student visa and due to some issues from home office. I couldn't renew my visa and overstayed! I met my husband 2014 thinking to get married and applied for spouse visa but was not possible instead home office sent me a letter to come and be signing, I complied and was signing till our solicitor ask us to go home and apply I came to naija last December to get married and applied in May. To God be the glory my visa came out today. God favoured me despite overstaying but God proved himself worthy. Pls to everyone still waiting don't loose hope if God can do mine he will sure do for everyone. I received the not straight forward email on 1st of August and my visa was approved on that same 1st of August. What a might God we serve.

Woow!!! Congratulations !!! Indeed what a mighty God .

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
joygirl2017:

I think paid £600 . Sha check in case they reviewed price they are good at that .

Thanks for the reply, I went through the UKVI website to check and it gave £600 but said I will have to pay in the course of paying for the visa fee.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
My people, good evening, quick one pls. This VAF4A appenix2 is amusing some bank n forth. Hubby is confused about financial requirement becaus c we have two kids who will be. Traveelling with me. Have their British passports with me and so I said it's 18600 for our application. They aren't regarded as dependants in our case....abeg pls help me....who is. Right o

It's 18600 right...urgent reply would be appreciated
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 9:56am On Aug 11, 2017
subomi2:
My people, good evening, quick one pls. This VAF4A appenix2 is amusing some bank n forth. Hubby is confused about financial requirement becaus c we have two kids who will be. Traveelling with me. Have their British passports with me and so I said it's 18600 for our application. They aren't regarded as dependants in our case....abeg pls help me....who is. Right o

It's 18600 right...urgent reply would be appreciated

Yes

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 11:03am On Aug 11, 2017
Thanks a bunch.

its kuku written in the form sef. na wa....this kain dotting the i's and crossing t's...
God dey

Oridiya:

Yes

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
subomi2:
Thanks a bunch.

its kuku written in the form sef. na wa....this kain dotting the i's and crossing t's...
God dey

Do you want to cross the i's & dot the t's ?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Rutharu: 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
joygirl2017:
Guys , Guys I need your help my original TB is with my husband he is scared of losing it through sending it to me or delays getting to me

I went to the Tb centre in lagos to see if I can get a reprint but couldnt .
I was told at the centre my husband should scan and send to me on my device and show them at immigration
Or
My husband meets me at the airport , i call him to gives it to me . ( I need to find my uk line )

Pls what can I do ? What's the best option need to book on time .
Thanks

They have never requested to see your TB results at the airport cause they know you definitely submitted it with your application or else your visa won't be granted but to be on a safe side let him scan to your device and be it bring it to the airport in case the village People no one free you.Pls don't use Turkish Airlines.Thank me later

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Alexlady: 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
subomi2:
congratulations!!!!

Thank you so much
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Alexlady: 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
Thank you for the feedback and congratulations........all I am saying is that let us give advice based on facts, not jump into conclusions and find a way forward and not emphasise on something that cannot be changed. I don't want sugar coated advice. I understand my story was quite unique as most people's refusals are usually due to missing documentation etc. My hope is that my experience would encourage those that unfortunately find themselves in our similar situation....

Lexusgs430:

My advice(s) justifiable you felt was harsh, but you thankfully remembered my final point.
I said the visa would still be granted, I stated your time would be wasted, but eventually you guys would come out trumps........

One point you have to understand is, when people seek advice, clarifications or directions. And people sugar-coat the advice they give, the requester might not have a clear direction.

But telling you what you might not like to hear, but that aspect been the truth is the best approach......

The level of advice you might have received, albeit been a combination of negative and positive, spurred you in a positive direction and the desired outcome was achieved......

Congratulations in advance.... In life, we learn everyday. No one person is an island of information. That is the simple reason people find this thread a positive approach to their individual spousal visa application process.....

Glad you came back to issue a feedback on our dealings.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Alexlady: 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
Thank you for the congratulations......it was all God's work.

What were the specific conditions attached to your leave? If they do not think 320 11 applies then they may overturn before court. They do not have to mention aggravating circumstances in the refusal letter, they just have to explain what they are. You certainly breached the immigration rules by overstaying and breaching the conditions, but what were the conditions? Your situation may be viewed as extreme due to the fact you were here to visit and certainly as a visitor you should not do a lot of things including studying. The aggravating circumstances may be that not only did you study once, you studied twice and deliberately ignored your conditions. This makes the situation more contriving hence why they had to refuse on 320 11. The list of aggravating circumstances is not necessarily exhaustive. I still believe that a Judge may see it differently especially because of your family life, perhaps you can argue that studying is not an example of aggravating circumstances. Have you got children?

What are your grounds of appeal?

Mfdoom1:
Wow, congrats Alexlady! Your story is so inspiring. I've also been refused under 320 (11). Please read a summary of my case below. I sent my appeal about a month ago. I'll be really grateful if you can advice me on what to expect.

I applied for an entry clearance as a partner of a British citizen. My application was refused on 320 (11). The two main points made by the ECO are: overstaying the 6months stay limit on my multiple entry visit visa and breaching the conditions attached to my leave by undertaking studies (University degrees). Both of these conditions result in 'contriving in a significant way to frustrate immigration laws', BUT there was no mention of 'aggravating circumstances' in my refusal letter.

I moved to britain as a child, with my family, and stayed there for 12 years (I was granted a 10 year visit visa). The decision to settle down in the country was taken by my parent. I met my wife in 2014, a year before the 10 year visit visa expired. The the 10 year visa expired the year after (2015), and I moved out of UK in February 2017, at my own expense, without the home office having any knowledge of me overstaying, detaining me or forcefully sending me out. I married my wife in Nigeria, then we filed the app in April. My wife has lived in Britain all her life.

During the 10 year period, I undertook studies and gained two university degrees at a time when my visa didn't allow me to do so. However, I paid for the degrees with my money, and never used student loan or any sort of benefit. I was able to enrol with utility cards and bank card, as I didn't have any other form of ID (driver's licence, residence card etc). Although I've met all the other requirements for the spouse visa, my application has been refused for 'contriving in a significant way to frustrate the immigration rules', without any mention of the aggravating circumstances attached to 320 (11), and I've been told that studying is not an aggravating circumstance. Also, the phrase 'aggravating circumstances' was not used in the refusal letter, although 320 (11) was used.

It may be important to state here that I have neither been involved in any criminal activity, nor benefitted from public benefits, during my stay in Britain. I also did not sought or partake in any form of employment during my stay in Britain.

I sent an appeal about a month ago, with the help of a lawyer, and also got my MP involved, who has sent a letter to UKVI. What are my chances in this case? Can the decision be overturned before hearing? I'll really like to hear from you.

Congrats again.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Alexlady: 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
Please understand my post, I was never looking for sugar coating, just facts....yes he breached the rules and that could not be changed, so was looking for a way forward........the admittance that they made an error in their refusal gives us gladness that mistakes can be forgiven.
Realgeo:

@Lexusgs430, well spoken. The truth told that hurts but spours one to positive action is better than lies that will sweet the ear and lead to destruction. We should try not to in any means breach immigration rules. These rules has been made and we must keep them if we want to enjoy the benefits. Mistakes is for us to learn not our destruction.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 11:24pm On Aug 11, 2017
Uncle Lexus he yaff come ooo.. .i want o

Lexusgs430:

Do you want to cross the i's & dot the t's ?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
subomi2:
Uncle Lexus he yaff come ooo.. .i want o

Nah the ciroc dey intoxicate me ....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 6:45am On Aug 12, 2017
[quote author=Rutharu post=59378916][/quote]

Thanks so much . cheesy . Honestly cant go near turkish airline wink lol .

air maroc nko?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2017
Pls do I need to fill part 4 of the appendix 2 form?..

It's meant to be for those who aren't required to meet financial requirements . It doesn't apply to me....confused if it applies to our kids...but they aren't applying now? Pls help my good people....

Lexusgs430:

Nah the ciroc dey intoxicate me ....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
subomi2:
Pls do I need to fill part 4 of the appendix 2 form?..

It's meant to be for those who aren't required to meet financial requirements . It doesn't apply to me....confused if it applies to our kids...but they aren't applying now? Pls help my good people....

No

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 9:06pm On Aug 12, 2017
joygirl2017:

@joygirl2017, was charged $816 for IHS. While the visa fee was $1918 thereabouts.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by muskham(f): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2017
Alexlady:
Thank you for the feedback and congratulations........all I am saying is that let us give advice based on facts, not jump into conclusions and find a way forward and not emphasise on something that cannot be changed. I don't want sugar coated advice. I understand my story was quite unique as most people's refusals are usually due to missing documentation etc. My hope is that my experience would encourage those that unfortunately find themselves in our similar situation....

Congratulations lady, you came, you saw, you conquered.
Can you put down for me ,all the supporting documents you guys submitted please. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2017
House please I need your advice urgently, I have just submitted online yesterday waiting to do biometrics on Thursday but discovered I answered wrongly somewhere on 32 asking if I have been refused visa to which I have always been saying yes with proof of it and for past visas even in April this year until this last one. What can I do to remedy this as I cannot edit the form once submitted.
Should I write a letter signed stating the mistake and putting the date of refusal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2017
Lamakinde:
House please I need your advice urgently, I have just submitted online yesterday waiting to do biometrics on Thursday but discovered I answered wrongly somewhere on 32 asking if I have been refused visa to which I have always been saying yes with proof of it and for past visas even in April this year until this last one. What can I do to remedy this as I cannot edit the form once submitted.
Should I write a letter signed stating the mistake and putting the date of refusal?

You need to do that else you are likely to be refused
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

You need to do that else you are likely to be refused
Thanks for the response, I will write one, get it signed and take it along to the biometric centre. Also intend to scan it to my wife to include in the supporting documents already with her to be sent to Sheffield.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
Lamakinde:

Thanks for the response, I will write one, get it signed and take it along to the biometric centre. Also intend to scan it to my wife to include in the supporting documents already with her to be sent to Sheffield.

Babe , calm down if I told u I made mistakes on form including my visa dates all I did was typed out the error numbers and besides typed the correct answer
Like this I wrote:

Pls I would to bring to your notice errors made on my application form while filling . I have included the correct dates to the questions

Error /// correct answer
●32 ( put the wrong answer) ( put the correct answer)

Just go straight to the point as I knew I wasnt the only applicant there are handling go straight to
the point

When you get the biometric place [/b]make sure you tell the woman to scan your additional information cos she almost didnt with mineb]
Tell her you have additional even if she doesnt ask pls dont forget speaking out of experience
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
Lamakinde:

Sure you can do that, it's a good idea as you haven't submitted supporting documents already
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by muskham(f): 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
Kemory ,alexlady, can you both kindly post your timeline and list of your supporting documents please.thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 6:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
joygirl2017:

Babe , calm down if I told u I made mistakes on form including my visa dates all I did was typed out the error numbers and besides typed the correct answer
Like this I wrote:

Pls I would to bring to your notice errors made on my application form while filling . I have included the correct dates to the questions

Error /// correct answer
●32 ( put the wrong answer) ( put the correct answer)

Just go straight to the point as I knew I wasnt the only applicant there are handling go straight to
the point

When you get the biometric place [/b]make sure you tell the woman to scan your additional information cos she almost didnt with mineb]
Tell her you have additional even if she doesnt ask pls dont forget speaking out of experience

Thanks so much for that word of encouragement. I will remember to do all as advised.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
justwise:

Sure you can do that, it's a good idea as you haven't submitted supporting documents already

OK Bro, I got that. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (511) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.