Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal (10977 Views)

Ambode Presents Y2016 Budget Proposal Of N665.588bn To House Of Assembly / Nigeria Labour Congress Warns FG - Don’t Increase Price Of Fuel / Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by dexterousg: 7:21pm On Dec 15, 2011
A major strike looms
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2011
all i can say is its really gloomy for this country. wise people would be making plans to run when the going gets tough.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by DesignHud: 7:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
Frankly speaking non or few Nigerians themselves have a solution to our problem. Taking to the streets won't solve the problem rather will lead to blood bath, we are too advanced to get into such a rumple with our so called leaders.
I want Nigerians to note that most of all so called Nigerian present leaders have nothing to offer. No good policies and no structures feasible in their mind set. they are just after what they'll acquire for their great grand children and the most expensive houses to acquire in Dubai.
It's no use trading words with them, cos they don't even see the sense in all the noise we make. Most of them have sold their heart to the devil, so no matter how embittered you feel, how deep you are hurt by their selfish policies, no matter how many Nigerians die everyday, they don't give a damn.
JONATHAN was not the best for Nigerian, he is just a puppet. He will never and can not fulfill his election promises, so let's get that into our heads.
He was not ready to lead Nigerian when OBJ called upon him. Just that they felt he was the best at that time.

I WANT TO MAKE A POINT
1. Can Good Luck Ebere Jonathan tell Nigerians how much makes from crude oil sales everyday?
2. Can GEJ tell Nigerians that he established a company which intends to export Nigerian coal abroad, which will yield him billions of dollars per month?
3. Can he tell Nigerians How many oil companies he has floated in Saotomi and Ivory coast?
4. Will he swear to Nigerians that he is not aware of the oil rackets his wife is involved in?
To mention but a few.

If Good Luck Ebere Jonathan is a true leader, with what is facing Nigeria now, I expect him to cut his salary and that of his subordinates, traveling expenses and state house expenses. It'll yield Nigeria so much billion to pay for our external debts, but I dare him!. That is patriotism.

My advice is this, whether we like it or not. This selfish set of leader we have will never and will not initiate any policy to better Nigerian masses.
Nigerian should learn to depend on themselves, self independence. Always believe that you 'DO NOT HAVE ANY GOVERNMENT'
We have to help ourselves in diverse way to be self reliant. We should find a way of sourcing drilling crude oil to refine our own petroleum, kerosene and diesel.
If you have idle land, let out to people that can cultivate on it to produce food at little or no cost.
We should learn how to do things ourselves without looking at our so called leaders. By the time they realize that the tax generated is nothing to write home about, they will have no more money to loath, then we'll come back to the drawing board. B'cos I am not expected to pay tax to any government that doesn't care for my walfare. If we don't pay taxes, let's see how government will be run.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by Remii(m): 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2011
This is budget they say would turn Nigeria fortune around.

Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by eros(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2011
Design Hud:

Frankly speaking non or few Nigerians themselves have a solution to our problem. Taking to the streets won't solve the problem rather will lead to blood bath, we are too advanced to get into such a rumple with our so called leaders.
I want Nigerians to note that most of all so called Nigerian present leaders have nothing to offer. No good policies and no structures feasible in their mind set. they are just after what they'll acquire for their great grand children and the most expensive houses to acquire in Dubai.
It's no use trading words with them, cos they don't even see the sense in all the noise we make. Most of them have sold their heart to the devil, so no matter how embittered you feel, how deep you are hurt by their selfish policies, no matter how many Nigerians die everyday, they don't give a damn.
JONATHAN was not the best for Nigerian, he is just a puppet. He will never and can not fulfill his election promises, so let's get that into our heads.
He was not ready to lead Nigerian when OBJ called upon him. Just that they felt he was the best at that time.

I WANT TO MAKE A POINT
1. Can Good Luck Ebere Jonathan tell Nigerians how much makes from crude oil sales everyday?
2. Can GEJ tell Nigerians that he established a company which intends to export Nigerian coal abroad, which will yield him billions of dollars per month?
3. Can he tell Nigerians How many oil companies he has floated in Saotomi and Ivory coast?
4. Will he swear to Nigerians that he is not aware of the oil rackets his wife is involved in?
To mention but a few.

If Good Luck Ebere Jonathan is a true leader, with what is facing Nigeria now, I expect him to cut his salary and that of his subordinates, traveling expenses and state house expenses. It'll yield Nigeria so much billion to pay for our external debts, but I dare him!. That is patriotism.

My advice is this, whether we like it or not. This selfish set of leader we have will never and will not initiate any policy to better Nigerian masses.
Nigerian should learn to depend on themselves, self independence. Always believe that you 'DO NOT HAVE ANY GOVERNMENT'
We have to help ourselves in diverse way to be self reliant. We should find a way of sourcing drilling crude oil to refine our own petroleum, kerosene and diesel.
If you have idle land, let out to people that can cultivate on it to produce food at little or no cost.
We should learn how to do things ourselves without looking at our so called leaders. By the time they realize that the tax generated is nothing to write home about, they will have no more money to loath, then we'll come back to the drawing board. B'cos I am not expected to pay tax to any government that doesn't care for my walfare. If we don't pay taxes, let's see how government will be run.

I so totally agree with you a 100%.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by untainted: 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2011
All these people calling NLC spineless, what can you do to remedy the situation?
labour unions did not initiate the Arab Spring mind you.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by Remii(m): 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^Tell them, NLC does not represent everybody in Nigeria, they represent only their members not even all workers. TUC is for Senior staff and Managers have no union.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by untainted: 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^^^Thank God we have people who can see the bigger picture!
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by okosodo: 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2011
Nuffin dey happen
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by nypha: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2011
Una wan die? make una sidon for house jus dey watch d mumu govt dey fool dem age.
if we no enter road, do like sey we no sen dem, na dem go tire kè.

even if we enter road, dem no sen us.
na ignorance na im go fit dis govt.
if na wetin we go gree, no buy fuel, no go work, sidon house rest 4 one week, when federal gvt do the maths, na dem go loose pass ordinary naijas!
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by ugosly(m): 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2011
GEJ need not acquire more arms to quell any uprising in Nigeria if or when it comes,all he needs do is exploit the poverty stricken situation of Nigerians by simply distributing bags of rice on the so called day of protest,and trust naija pips now, protest go turn to struggle for akpa/akpo rice.End of story.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2011
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by emmatok(m): 12:38am On Dec 16, 2011
Remii:

^^Tell them, NLC does not represent everybody in Nigeria, they represent only their members not even all workers. TUC is for Senior staff and Managers have no union.

When NLC went on strike during OBJ regime, where you able to do anything meaningful.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2011
Na today patting don dey for Yan-sh?Noise-makers! Most of them sit abroad pushing and encouraging Nigerians to revolt and go on mass protest.U wanna protest? Then take ur fat ar-se to Nigeria and do that.Dont stay abroad and encourage people on nairaland to do what you all can not do.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 16, 2011
i also do not like President goodluck but i think all the insults you guys are weilding at him are not worth it. for Heaven's sake, he's the presdent of the federal republic of Nigeria, (it doesnt matter if you voted for him or not)

such insults at a president; someone old enough to be your father really show that most people on nairaland insulting him to that point were raised in gutters (broken homes and dead homes)

Rhino.5dm,
obowunmi take note.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by ochizo(m): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2011
eros:

What shall we say to these things

It hurts me so bad that no matter the anger we vent on here, the curses and swear we spit on GEJ, PDP and every evil Politician that has destroyed Nigeria, none of it will fix the problem.

Can we for once STOP TALKING AND JUST FIX THE PROBLEM.

NIGERIANS HOW DO WE FIX NIGERIA.

This is our country and everyone of us has equal right just as GEJ and his goons to also govern Nigeria.

I ASK AGAIN, NIGERIANS HOW DO WE FIX NIGERIA.

How about you looking for a solution,

Our leaders should be very careful as I don't see NLC erupting alone. Very soon you'd know there are things stronger than NLC in Nigeria because its very clear that the masses are angry and many would do so many things.

President Goodluck Jonathan should be ready to face it because, till den,

I lafff
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by Godmann(m): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2011
Design Hud:

I WANT TO MAKE A POINT
To mention but a few.

You spoke very well; brought out all the facts but concluded wrongly. We cannot just fold up our arms and allow them loot all we have. In fact what you suggested is what we have been doing. We allowed them get away with all the stealing and abuse in government. Now the stealing is not enough. Our own oil, they denied us the capacity to refine, because they want to make further billions from us. Our taxes they could not account for; the trillions from crude sales they embezzled; our borders they have managed for their pockets by giving selective import licenses and concessions to themselves and their cronies.

If they have managed our borders well, more of our youths will have jobs; but they allowed all sorts to be dumped on us by the countries of the worlds. As a consequence, our industries are dead. Simple policing with law and order they refused us; a working judiciary they also refused; our schools they destroyed so that our people will never be empowered while their own children they all train abroad.

What else must be do, than to allow them kill all of us.

I disagree with you on this, honestly. I think it is better when we meet them on the streets.

Truly lives may be wasted; but millions also have died as a result of their mis-governance. Methink it is better to die a brave man than to continue to die in cowardness as we have been dying. It is their wickedness that cause our average lifespan to be 47. Our people are dying in their droves as a result of the hardship in the land. Every stroke victim, every accident victim, every one that our failed hospitals could not cure of his sickness is killed by the criminals that rule us.

We must meet them on the streets before we all die. Meeting them on the streets, can create some accidental deaths, but it will save the millions that die as a result of the denials in the land. It will guarantee a better life for those that will live after.

What we should do is to ensure that after the confrontation, that we do not allow any member of the evil gang to come near our government. What we must do is to ensure that at the end of the fight, that  a true people's government is restored in our land.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by conquerorb: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2011
@all, the bible has long prohecied man's dominance over his fellow man. are we any surprise? sings of the last days wen God's kingdom government will take over rulership on earth. that time we all must wait to see, its not long from now, pple!
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by tiwola: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2011
But seriously, where are all those ambitous young lieutenants and majors?
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by bankers: 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2011
Hardship 2012! watch my new movie coming out soon! please book your copy now to avoid rush!
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by Remii(m): 11:56pm On Dec 16, 2011
emmatok:

When NLC went on strike during OBJ regime, where you able to do anything meaningful.

That does not make them representatives for all. I never said strikes would not affect the country but who do NLC represent. If govt offered them some "palliative" relief they would call off strike and the rest of the populace continue to suffer. What we need is all sections, including those not represented come out to protests, that is when you can say the people have spoken. If non represented are on street, they would be more powerful than represented, because no one to buy over or negotiate with until demands are met.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by PointB: 12:35am On Dec 17, 2011
It is stu.pid threats of strikes and indeed senseless strike such as this one that NLC is planning that are actually responsible for sky high inflation. Immediately the strike commences, motorists react by pushing transport fare to roof, others join them in a chain reaction. Even when the cause of the strike is eventually addressed or removed, price generally does not come down.

At any rate I will watch on the sideline as 'poor masses' protest since they are the ones affected. I will also be praying for these 'poor masses' that God should deliver them from 'poverty' so that they don't become a recurring decimal at protest grounds. Amen.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by Demdem(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2011
U can't compare the so called inflation that will occur as a result of the nlc strike to what will happen when fuel is sold at above 120naura.that will be disastrous.
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by kinguy(m): 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2011
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by Godmann(m): 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2011
PointB:

It is stu.pid threats of strikes and indeed senseless strike such as this one that NLC is planning that are actually responsible for sky high inflation. Immediately the strike commences, motorists react by pushing transport fare to roof, others join them in a chain reaction. Even when the cause of the strike is eventually addressed or removed, price generally does not come down.

At any rate I will watch on the sideline as 'poor masses' protest since they are the ones affected. I will also be praying for these 'poor masses' that God should deliver them from 'poverty' so that they don't become a recurring decimal at protest grounds. Amen.

TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITOR.

Demdem:

U can't compare the so called inflation that will occur as a result of the nlc strike to what will happen when fuel is sold at above 120naura.that will be disastrous.

Why waste you time on him? You seem not to be aware that some people are paid to deceive us even in nairaland. Watch out for this fellow and Beaf
Re: Official Reaction Of Nigerian Labour Congress To 2012 Budget Proposal by docchuks(m): 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
the relationship between Nigeria Labour Congress and the government.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi Appoints Directors For Local Councils, Elected Council Chairmen Suspended / Felicitation As Hon Nkeiruka Onyejeocha Marks Birthday Visiting Motherless Homes / 2023: Young Professionals In Diaspora Give Jonathan One-Week Ultimatum To Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.