Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865614 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samueltin: 7:25am On Jul 03, 2013
Well, am a new member on this forum but i think i can share some questions i was asked last week @ the interview section.
Name?
Date Of Birth?
Name of Schl applied to?
Programme applied for?
Relevance. Of my programme to my career aspiration?
Why did i choose to study in UK?
Plans after studies?
Where am i living or planning to stay?
Av i ever been to UK?
Wat was d last course i took?
Erm. I hope u understood all i asked. You?"I said yes" cheers dats d end of the interview.
The guy was not even confident enough to watch me eye ball to eye ball.
Strictly. Skype and he was saying erm erm .lol

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by momomufasa: 8:34am On Jul 03, 2013
justwise:

Like i said before you don't need to attach the letter of refusal from the ECO, all you need to do is to explain why you were refused either in separate paper or within the form, they know why you were refused and all that details will pop up immediately your name is entered in the system. They only testing your honesty

Good Mornin Bro

Thanks for your input so far. I have one more question for you. Do i need to carry out a transaction on the account before asking for a printout?

****The last transaction date was in June and the 28days lapsed yesterday although on the bank statement,there is a CLOSING BALANCE listed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:56am On Jul 03, 2013
momo-mufasa:

Good Mornin Bro

Thanks for your input so far. I have one more question for you. Do i need to carry out a transaction on the account before asking for a printout?

****The last transaction date was in June and the 28days lapsed yesterday although on the bank statement,there is a CLOSING BALANCE listed.

If the printout of your bank statement states closing balance then you don't need to carry out any transaction.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by softtouch2(m): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2013
samueltin: Well, am a new member on this forum but i think i can share some questions i was asked last week @ the interview section.
Name?
Date Of Birth?
Name of Schl applied to?
Programme applied for?
Relevance. Of my programme to my career aspiration?
Why did i choose to study in UK?
Plans after studies?
Where am i living or planning to stay?
Av i ever been to UK?
Wat was d last course i took?
Erm. I hope u understood all i asked. You?"I said yes" cheers dats d end of the interview.
The guy was not even confident enough to watch me eye ball to eye ball.
Strictly. Skype and he was saying erm erm .lol

Thanks for sharing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2013
Plz house, ow is the university of greenwich lyk? Anyone in the house dere?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samueltin: 11:17am On Jul 03, 2013
Greenwich is an Old University with less international out reach. why not go for Heriot Watt! grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
Oga justwise, pls i want to ask d following questions on dependent. Am in recipent of government sponsorship for M.sc and i want to take along my wife with me to UK in september. 1. Can i use my statement of account for her maintenance money for d visa application since am using an official letter for my own?
2. What documents will i need for both application?
3. Can i book appointment before the 28 days period of printing d bank statement?
4. Explain fully d application process pecular to my own situation?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
damsey: Oga justwise, pls i want to ask d following questions on dependent. Am in recipent of government sponsorship for M.sc and i want to take along my wife with me to UK in september. 1. Can i use my statement of account for her maintenance money for d visa application since am using an official letter for my own?
2. What documents will i need for both application?
3. Can i book appointment before the 28 days period of printing d bank statement?
4. Explain fully d application process pecular to my own situation?
Thanks in anticipation

This PDF file will answer question 2 and 4.

3. you can only book an appointment when you are ready to apply. You fill the application form online and submit then they will send you an appointment date, you still have to print copy out and take to the center when going for your appointment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
Please nairalanders, I want to know if international students pay their full tuition at enrolment after paying a deposit of 4000 pounds because I want to fix my remaining balance so that I can make some little returns on my school fees. Please advice......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
kem000: Please nairalanders, I want to know if international students pay their full tuition at enrolment after paying a deposit of 4000 pounds because I want to fix my remaining balance so that I can make some little returns on my school fees. Please advice......

Yes they do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
kem000: Please nairalanders, I want to know if international students pay their full tuition at enrolment after paying a deposit of 4000 pounds because I want to fix my remaining balance so that I can make some little returns on my school fees. Please advice......
Justwise is quite right, but some (or even most) schools allow installmental payment from self funding student. However, you must balance your fees before 2nd semester exams...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
Hello justwise and all! Please i will like to find out how many days the visa takes to be processed for someone that submitted last week? Will it take the 15 working days?wondering cos this isn't peak period. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Thanks oga justwise,the link to d pdf u are reffering me to is not posted. Help me post d link.
Regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damsey: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
justwise:

This PDF file will answer question 2 and 4.

3. you can only book an appointment when you are ready to apply. You fill the application form online and submit then they will send you an appointment date, you still have to print copy out and take to the center when going for your appointment.

Thanks oga justwise,the link to d pdf u are reffering me to is not posted. Help me post d link.
Regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by marshal44: 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
Plz house, ow is the university of greenwich lyk? Anyone in the house dere?... Kellyemms.. We are on d same page bro. Going for my Msc dis sept..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
damsey:

Regards.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kem000: 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
Another question please, a friend of mine wants to know if her uncle's wife who has been taking care of her since childhood sponsor her for her masters as she already has admission and the woman is ready to sponsor her because her uncle is late.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spazio: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
Justwise, i have an uncle,who happens to be my guardian and is willing to sponsor me.i am actually using his statement to apply for my visa.Can you pls advise what sort of documents i need to put it in to show he is my legal guardian

Hope to hear from you soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
spazio: Justwise, i have an uncle,who happens to be my guardian and is willing to sponsor me.i am actually using his statement to apply for my visa.Can you pls advise what sort of documents i need to put it in to show he is my legal guardian

You can only use your biological parents bank statement to apply with the back up of your birth certificate showing that they are your parents. Your uncle can't be your sponsor,he should transfer the money into your personal bank account and then you leave it in there for 28 days. It is either your account or your biological parents. Hope this helps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
spazio: Justwise, i have an uncle,who happens to be my guardian and is willing to sponsor me.i am actually using his statement to apply for my visa.Can you pls advise what sort of documents i need to put it in to show he is my legal guardian

It is allowed for 'LEGAL' Guardian to sponsor a student. It however means you have to go to court to register him as your guardian and you have to do some notarisation I think.... But the best is let him transfer the money into your account to avoid all the stress
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2013

kem000: Another question please, a friend of mine wants to know if her uncle's wife who has been taking care of her since childhood sponsor her for her masters as she already has admission and the woman is ready to sponsor her because her uncle is late.

nanie89:

You can only use your biological parents bank statement to apply with the back up of your birth certificate showing that they are your parents. Your uncle can't be your sponsor,he should transfer the money into your personal bank account and then you leave it in there for 28 days. It is either your account or your biological parents. Hope this helps

presiade:
It is allowed for 'LEGAL' Guardian to sponsor a student. It however means you have to go to court to register him as your guardian and you have to do some notarisation I think.... But the best is let him transfer the money into your account to avoid all the stress

@kem000 & spazio

Those are your answers there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 05, 2013
Justwise is there any centre in Victoria Island cos the centers I see here re ikeja and lekki
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2013
@justwise with regard to d doc I should submit should I only submit the document that reflected as evidence in my CAS that is apart from the assessment form nd sponsorship letter. thanks as I await ur swift response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by carfreak: 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hmm... Justwise, still on this? Mighty commendable. Just concluded my MBA and only just missed my Distinction target. Saw a post about someone... Kollingz or so, asking about living in Swansea. Well, you can let him know that its better for him to stay off campus as it is out-rightly cheaper, having lived here for the past 18 months. He can get more information on private accommodation on Zoopla, or simply send me an e-mail. vansa.126170@students.smu.ac.uk

Well done mate...Good job.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by James121: 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
Nairalanders, JustWise, I hail una ooo. I just got admission into UCL London but the fees are out of this world. Please which scholarship can I apply for to be able to resume in October. Also is there anyone that has studied, is studying or that is a prospective UCL student
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2013
James121: Nairalanders, JustWise, I hail una ooo. I just got admission into UCL London but the fees are out of this world. Please which scholarship can I apply for to be able to resume in October. Also is there anyone that has studied, is studying or that is a prospective UCL student

UCL is a prestigeous, first rate university. Students are often picked for premium jobs.
This comes at a price!
You should have been aware of these things before you applied. All information and costs are shown up front.

As for scholarship, they will only be awarded to students with exceptional results.

The uni is well attended and they don't need to buy in poor students.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spazio: 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
Justwise, i am having a hard time convincing my uncle to transfer the living costs into my account.i am toally confused and was told if that is the case,it better i ask him to swear an affidavit and provide other documents to show he is my legal guardian.i am confused and don't know what to do.Pls justwise,can you pls advise me whether to use the option being proposed by colleagues and how do i go about it ??

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by danieslim(m): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
Just want to know if there's anyone here going to Oxford brookes university for Msc this september? Though I also have offers from university of northampton, university of bedfordshire,Queen mary university of london, and university of central lancashire but I settled for Oxford brookes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Jul 06, 2013
masperano: Justwise is there any centre in Victoria Island cos the centers I see here re ikeja and lekki

Honestly i don't know, never use any of those services, i hope people give you the right answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Jul 06, 2013
masperano: @justwise with regard to d doc I should submit should I only submit the document that reflected as evidence in my CAS that is apart from the assessment form nd sponsorship letter. thanks as I await ur swift response

Yes that is the case
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Jul 06, 2013
carfreak: Hmm... Justwise, still on this? Mighty commendable. Just concluded my MBA and only just missed my Distinction target. Saw a post about someone... Kollingz or so, asking about living in Swansea. Well, you can let him know that its better for him to stay off campus as it is out-rightly cheaper, having lived here for the past 18 months. He can get more information on private accommodation on Zoopla, or simply send me an e-mail. vansa.126170@students.smu.ac.uk

Well done mate...Good job.

I know...i'm still doing this, i guess retirement time is calling.. grin

Congratulation on your graduation, its a massive achievement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.