Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865385 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guapo(m): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
sup gud people, my brother picked up his passport today and it was successful. He has bin full of thanks all day cos i directed him frm start to finish. Its only fair to forward those thanks to the wonderful guyz who took out time to help frm part 1 til date. Justwise, donxavier, kunlewoye, dharkchild, azed and d rest, i say thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Guapo: sup gud people, my brother picked up his passport today and it was successful. He has bin full of thanks all day cos i directed him frm start to finish. Its only fair to forward those thanks to the wonderful guyz who took out time to help frm part 1 til date. Justwise, donxavier, kunlewoye, dharkchild, azed and d rest, i say thank you.

Congrats to your bro. All the best in his endeavours. Really happy with the news today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
johann86: @charles congrats 2 ur friend, pls where did he submit his application? Abj or ikeja/lekki cos my friends and I submitted on d 31st in ikeja and are yet 2 pick up or even get any notification..

He applied in Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
Guapo: sup gud people, my brother picked up his passport today and it was successful. He has bin full of thanks all day cos i directed him frm start to finish. Its only fair to forward those thanks to the wonderful guyz who took out time to help frm part 1 til date. Justwise, donxavier, kunlewoye, dharkchild, azed and d rest, i say thank you.

Congrats. Best wishes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
ikcbn: That very first email came in 2day( d̶̲̥̅̊ one stating ϑaτ̅ my application has bin amended)

Then you start today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
dolz11: THIS COURIER NA ONE CHANCE. MY VFS STATUS APPLICATION SAYS 'PROCESSED APPLICATION IN TRANSIT' THIS CHANGED LAST NIGHT AROUND 7/8PM. HOWEVER THE TRACKING NUMBERS I HAVE FOR THE COURIER STILL CONTAINS NO DETAILS. PLS IS THERE ANYONE WHO IS SOMEWHAT EXPERIENCED OR CAN EXPLAINING WHATS GOING ON??

I feel your pain bro and wish I could help you on this. Whynot call the VFS? Call them up and tell them your concerns
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lummie800: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
please justwise and co... is it true if your application hits 9 to 10 working days, there is a probability it would come out positive cos a friend argued if they gonna refuse it, they dont waste lots of time.. from your experience what do you think.. please reply.. anyone with experience.. I LOVE THIS FORUM..........GEEEZ.. all info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lummie800: 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
please justwise and co... is it true if your application hits 9 to 10 working days, there is a probability it would come out positive cos a friend argued if they gonna refuse it, they dont waste lots of time.. from your experience what do you think.. please reply.. anyone with experience.. I LOVE THIS FORUM.............GEEEZ.. all info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donxavier:

Then you start today.

20 working days frm 2day i§ on d̶̲̥̅̊ 20/09/2012, my CAS has 17/09/2012 as my starting date and my course starts on 24/09/2012. Are U̶̲̥̅̊ saying ϑaτ̅ i should wait and apply 4 a visa den??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
lummie800: please justwise and co... is it true if your application hits 9 to 10 working days, there is a probability it would come out positive cos a friend argued if they gonna refuse it, they dont waste lots of time.. from your experience what do you think.. please reply.. anyone with experience.. I LOVE THIS FORUM..........GEEEZ.. all info

That is not true at all, all applications are processed before been refused or issued a visa. You may be refused a visa after 20days or given after the same period of time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lummie800: 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
justwise:

That is not true at all, all applications are processed before been refused or issued a visa. You may be refused a visa after 20days or given after the same period of time.
ikcbn:

20 working days frm 2day i§ on d̶̲̥̅̊ 20/09/2012, my CAS has 17/09/2012 as my starting date and my course starts on 24/09/2012. Are U̶̲̥̅̊ saying ϑaτ̅ i should wait and apply 4 a visa den??
hmmmmm thanks...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lanrewajew(m): 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
yipeee! got ma visa today! cheesy
I applied on the 30th of July and picked it up today at ikeja.
Now i see how easy the whole thing is, follow the rules to the letter and you will be given your visa. simples cool
thanks to Justwise and every other person that helped with needed advice and instruction.
Actually we were Three(3) that arrived the collection section at the same time, and we all got the entry clearance. smiley
To all those waiting, if you have done the right thing then you dont need to fear or fret, just chill and pray, pray and chill. wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lummie800: 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
lanrewajew: yipeee! got ma visa today! cheesy
Now i see how easy the whole thing is, follow the rules to the letter and you will be given your visa. simples cool
thanks to Justwise and every other person that helped with needed advice and instruction.
Actually we were Three(3) that arrived the collection section at the same time, and we all got the entry clearance. smiley
To all those waiting, if you have done the right thing then you dont need to fear or fret, just chill and pray, pray and chill. wink
Congrat mate! 17 working days? wow!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
I have anoda proposal, i secured admission @ the university of sheffield 2 study Envi & Energy Engr and this course requires an ATAS clearance,i was also admitted @ Cranfield Uni 2 study Environmetal Engr and this one doesn't require an ATAS clearance.
Right nw i have all d̶̲̥̅̊ necessary doc 4 my visa application expect 4 d̶̲̥̅̊ ATAS clearance which d̶̲̥̅̊ first requires. Pple 4 d̶̲̥̅̊ ATAS sent me an email 2day stating ϑaτ̅ i should allow up 2 20 working days 4 d̶̲̥̅̊ outcome of my ATAS clearance which would b on 20/09/2012 y d̶̲̥̅̊ course starts on 24/09/2012. Cranfield uni starts on 01/10/2012 and requires no ATAS.
My question nw i§ if i can apply 4 my visa using cranfield info and CAS nw since it doesn't require an ATAS bt wen i get 2 UK, i would go ahead and register wit The uni of sheffield since that's my preferred Uni choice and course and by den i must have received d̶̲̥̅̊ said ATAS clearance, hw visible i§ this? Plz kindly advise if U̶̲̥̅̊ think ϑaτ̅ i might run into trouble along d̶̲̥̅̊ line and wat my best option could be.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2012
ikcbn:

I don't understand. Haven't you applied already for the Visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2012

Congratulations, i'm happy for you and your friends.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dolz11: 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donxavier:

I feel your pain bro and wish I could help you on this. Whynot call the VFS? Call them up and tell them your concerns

Their number is practically non-existence. But I just tracked now and the courier tracking number is now active(finally). So I expect delivery tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2012

Cheers mate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donxavier:

I don't understand. Haven't you applied already for the Visa?

No cos i can't apply 4 visa without d̶̲̥̅̊ ATAS clearance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
ikcbn:

No cos i can't apply 4 visa without d̶̲̥̅̊ ATAS clearance

So what's the problem? Can't you get an extension.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donxavier:

So what's the problem? Can't you get an extension.

If d̶̲̥̅̊ clearance will b ready on d̶̲̥̅̊ 20th Sept, i jst have 4days 2 my start date so hw do i apply 4 an extension and den my visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
ikcbn:

If d̶̲̥̅̊ clearance will b ready on d̶̲̥̅̊ 20th Sept, i jst have 4days 2 my start date so hw do i apply 4 an extension and den my visa?

You need to call your school and explain things to them or betterstill email them and state all your concerns.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ Makomen

What's up? How did it go? Any news?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]@ Donxavier, check this out

I have anoda proposal, i secured admission @ the university of sheffield 2 study Envi & Energy Engr and this course requires an ATAS clearance,i was also admitted @ Cranfield Uni 2 study Environmetal Engr and this one doesn't require an ATAS clearance.
Right nw i have all d̶̲̥̅̊ necessary doc 4 my visa application expect 4 d̶̲̥̅̊ ATAS clearance which d̶̲̥̅̊ first requires. Pple 4 d̶̲̥̅̊ ATAS sent me an email 2day stating ϑaτ̅ i should allow up 2 20 working days 4 d̶̲̥̅̊ outcome of my ATAS clearance which would b on 20/09/2012 y d̶̲̥̅̊ course starts on 24/09/2012. Cranfield uni starts on 01/10/2012 and requires no ATAS.
My question nw i§ if i can apply 4 my visa using cranfield info and CAS nw since it doesn't require an ATAS bt wen i get 2 UK, i would go ahead and register wit The uni of sheffield since that's my preferred Uni choice and course and by den i must have received d̶̲̥̅̊ said ATAS clearance, hw visible i§ this? Plz kindly advise if U̶̲̥̅̊ think ϑaτ̅ i might run into trouble along d̶̲̥̅̊ line and wat my best option could be.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
^^^
I don't know the consequences of this proposal of yours but it looks dangerous and doesn't sound right to me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 24, 2012
ikcbn: [color=#990000][/color]

Your UK visa is granted specifically for the university you obtain your CAS for. As such, the university's sponsor license code will be printed on your visa. You therefore cannot use a Cranfield Visa to register with Sheffield...unfortunately. And if i recall, the rule states, if you have to do that, you'd have to return to the country the visa was issued to obtain another visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by yemann: 12:03am On Aug 24, 2012
Hello, I have a problem regarding my uk visa.i wasn't aware of the new increased maintenance funds, so I already prepared for the previous funds and by the time I got to know it was late doe I added more money to my account and also called up my school to ask for an extention. And I am given the grace till 30th of september but the problem is the counting till 28days which will be complete on the 23rd of september. I don't know what to do. Pls advise me.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 12:09am On Aug 24, 2012
Donxavier: ^^^
I don't know the consequences of this proposal of yours but it looks dangerous and doesn't sound right to me.

Tanx all d̶̲̥̅̊ same
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 12:13am On Aug 24, 2012
eezeebone:

Your UK visa is granted specifically for the university you obtain your CAS for. As such, the university's sponsor code will be printed on your visa. You therefore cannot use a Cranfield Visa to register with Sheffield...unfortunately. And if i recall, the rule states, if you have to do that, you'd have to return to the country the visa was issued to obtain another visa.

Tanx bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 24, 2012
yemann: Hello, I have a problem regarding my uk visa.i wasn't aware of the new increased maintenance funds, so I already prepared for the previous funds and by the time I got to know it was late doe I added more money to my account and also called up my school to ask for an extention. And I am given the grace till 30th of september but the problem is the counting till 28days which will be complete on the 23rd of september. I don't know what to do. Pls advise me.[/color][color=#990000]

There is insufficient time to process the visa even with the extension. Can you defer the admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by yemann: 12:15am On Aug 24, 2012
yemann: Hello, I have a problem regarding my uk visa.i wasn't aware of the new increased maintenance funds, so I already prepared for the previous funds and by the time I got to know it was late doe I added more money to my account and also called up my school to ask for an extention. And I am given the grace till 30th of september but the problem is the counting till 28days which will be complete on the 23rd of september. I don't know what to do. Pls advise me.pls any advise. Am so confused.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 24, 2012
ikcbn:

Tanx all d̶̲̥̅̊ same

Why not go for Cranfield?

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.