Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865913 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
Charles. E:

O cool then. Shalom.

Exactly what I was trying to tell you on the other thread smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nbogu: 4:42am On Sep 18, 2012
My people,

Please, tell me what to do. I have a Master Card issued by my bank, Zenith. Can I use it in UK's ATM Machines to withdraw pounds? If yes, what are the charges involved like? I need advice on how to get my money down to the UK after I open an account in the UK. Please what is the best way to do this?

Answers will be well acknowledged.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 5:43am On Sep 18, 2012
Nbogu: My people,

Please, tell me what to do. I have a Master Card issued by my bank, Zenith. Can I use it in UK's ATM Machines to withdraw pounds? If yes, what are the charges involved like? I need advice on how to get my money down to the UK after I open an account in the UK. Please what is the best way to do this?

Answers will be well acknowledged.

Thanks

Your mastercard would pay you in the local currency of the country you are in when u use the ATM. So you would sure get pounds if in UK. Charges are N1000 per foreign ATM withdrawal. But 100% FREE for direct POS (point of sale) payments.

To get your money to your UK account, you can either initiate a foreign funds transfer via your internet banking if you use such service or depending on your family, you can leave the money with them and ask them to do a bank transfer for u after u get there and open a UK account.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Macheus(m): 8:21am On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

Did you apply to private college? Is your school highly trusted?

Yeah,its a private college,London School of Business and Finance presicely.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:41am On Sep 18, 2012
Macheus:

Yeah,its a private college,London School of Business and Finance presicely.

You will not be allowed to work
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2012
For those in the UK already,a new thread has been opened where you can share your experiences of how you've been able to settle down within the few days of arriving.
https://www.nairaland.com/1051376/those-uk-student-visahow-settling
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:37am On Sep 18, 2012
Dapto: For those in the UK already,a new thread has been opened where you can share your experiences of how you've been able to settle down within the few days of arriving.
https://www.nairaland.com/1051376/those-uk-student-visahow-settling

We have similar thread running for sometime now https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2012
Peeps make una help me thank God ooo. I've just received my visa! I wanna make a big shoutout to every1 who contributed to the success of my application: Justwise, Donxavier, Futuredon, Adebee, Charles E, Ikcbn, Steph7... God bless you all plenty plenty.

Aberdeen, here I come! grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 11:00am On Sep 18, 2012
Peeps make una help me thank God ooo. I've just received my visa! Shoutout to every1 who contributed to the success of my application: Justwise, Donxavier, Futuredon, Adebee, Charles E, Ikcbn, Steph7... God bless you all plenty plenty.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perekemeflint: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2012
oga Justinwise,am quite impressed with the manner u treat issues on this platform,kudos to u and more Greece to ur elbow.please i have an issue because my uk visa application was refused the only reason the eco gave was that the attempted to reach my bank and was unable to contact my bank to confirm my bank statement.and i used atlas micro finance bank.i have gotten a letter from the bank and am about applying for a review.do i have a strong case and how soon can the review concluded.i need ur urgent reply cos d final day of registration is on the 5th of october and my head is going gaga.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2012
richeyy: Peeps make una help me thank God ooo. I've just received my visa! Shoutout to every1 who contributed to the success of my application: Justwise, Donxavier, Futuredon, Adebee, Charles E, Ikcbn, Steph7... God bless you all plenty plenty.

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:40am On Sep 18, 2012
perekeme flint: oga Justinwise,am quite impressed with the manner u treat issues on this platform,kudos to u and more Greece to ur elbow.please i have an issue because my uk visa application was refused the only reason the eco gave was that the attempted to reach my bank and was unable to contact my bank to confirm my bank statement.and i used atlas micro finance bank.i have gotten a letter from the bank and am about applying for a review.do i have a strong case and how soon can the review concluded.i need ur urgent reply cos d final day of registration is on the 5th of october and my head is going gaga.thanks

Nobody can confidently tell you how long review will take but it does take longer than a month. You should have reapplied than going for review.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perekemeflint: 11:46am On Sep 18, 2012
i have already pulled out the cash.review is only my bet now and besides one of my friends got her review just after 2 days of applying last year.i think the should put the closing date of registration into consideration
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Estico: 11:58am On Sep 18, 2012
Hello guys, I got my entry clearnce but my kids didn't get theirs. I am not really happy but my mum will assist me take care of them.
Is there anybody going to University of Nottingham?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
perekeme flint: oga Justinwise,am quite impressed with the manner u treat issues on this platform,kudos to u and more Greece to ur elbow.please i have an issue because my uk visa application was refused the only reason the eco gave was that the attempted to reach my bank and was unable to contact my bank to confirm my bank statement.and i used atlas micro finance bank.i have gotten a letter from the bank and am about applying for a review.do i have a strong case and how soon can the review concluded.i need ur urgent reply cos d final day of registration is on the 5th of october and my head is going gaga.thanks

Bro,so sorry about the refusal.But it seems d Micro-finance bank u used didn't place you in a good stead with ECO hence,he has to call to verify and not being to established d contact with bank 'nailed d coffin' on your case.Pls,next time use d normal commeercial banks we have around,at least d ECO's are very used to them since they come in contact wit loads of bank statements coming from this banks.AS per d review,u can give it a try and who knows,u may end up smiling once again.

All d best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
richeyy: Peeps make una help me thank God ooo. I've just received my visa! Shoutout to every1 who contributed to the success of my application: Justwise, Donxavier, Futuredon, Adebee, Charles E, Ikcbn, Steph7... God bless you all plenty plenty.

Congrats man. With GOD your success was certain.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
Alleluia, got my visa today. May God bless all He has used to bless us in this forumm(Amen)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2012

Let me know when you get to Aberdeen. The cold is overkilling here. Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
;DHello house.
Arrived in UK dis morning. D entry smooth wella. I was only asked about meat & fish. lol.
Thanks Justwise et al, u guys are wonderful.

Btw dis Edinburgh cold sha.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 6:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
Donxavier:

Let me know when you get to Aberdeen. The cold is overkilling here. Congrats

I surely will. Have you secured an apartment? Wts d price range & how close is it to the campus?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adebee16: 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
richeyy: Peeps make una help me thank God ooo. I've just received my visa! I wanna make a big shoutout to every1 who contributed to the success of my application: Justwise, Donxavier, Futuredon, Adebee, Charles E, Ikcbn, Steph7... God bless you all plenty plenty.

Congratz dear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2012
Make we no bring fish?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 10:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
richeyy: Peeps make una help me thank God ooo. I've just received my visa! I wanna make a big shoutout to every1 who contributed to the success of my application: Justwise, Donxavier, Futuredon, Adebee, Charles E, Ikcbn, Steph7... God bless you all plenty plenty.

Congrats bro, make sure u enjoy ur studies ova there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 18, 2012

congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 19, 2012
richeyy:

I surely will. Have you secured an apartment? Wts d price range & how close is it to the campus?

Not yet. It's quite tough to get one now. There is mad rush. Email me fopeolutogun@yahoo.com.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nbogu: 7:03am On Sep 19, 2012
Charles, thanks a lot, u are always there for me. God bless u plenty.

Please, regarding paying the fund into any of my family members account, I thought I would be asked to produce my prove of fund for my fees and living expenses at the airport. Is it not going to affect me at the airport if I move the money out of my account into a family members account before travelling?

Let me know if u can please.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2012
Nbogu: Charles, thanks a lot, u are always there for me. God bless u plenty.

Please, regarding paying the fund into any of my family members account, I thought I would be asked to produce my prove of fund for my fees and living expenses at the airport. Is it not going to affect me at the airport if I move the money out of my account into a family members account before travelling?

Let me know if u can please.

Cheers

Amen. Well, Border Control may ask for anything. But very rarely would they ask you for prove of funds from the testimonies seen. As many nairalanders who have landed UK recently have testified, they were either asked for just their passport, some where only additionally asked the name of their school and course, none was asked for prove of funds.

But you may choose to leave the remaining money in your account and hold like a 1000 pounds in cash as you travel. When you travel and have concluded with opening your UK Bank account, you can send a duly signed mandate via email to your bank in Nigeria with your UK bank details requesting they do a transfer. You may discuss this with your account officer before you leave so that your bank in Nigeria doesn't delay you with trying to authenticate your request et al
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donrum: 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
Is there any1 that applied on the 29th of August at ikeja...please if I applied on the 29th of august when should I be expctn my visa,school starts soon..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perekemeflint: 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
bros,there was no phone call nor email to my bank from what the bank told me.then they bank has written including all their contact details in the letter and have already submitted for the admin review hoping luck smiles on me.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hello guys. I think this forum is great. I desperately need your advice.i have paid my full tuition fees and was told it was short with about £700 pounds which I have paid but I'm still waiting for my CAS statement to be updated so it won't affect my visa application as I have only the maintenance funds in my account. Problem is, my CAS has not been updated and time is RUNNING Out. What do I do? Go ahead and submit visa application or wait? Please help with your advice and suggestions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Oyibopepper: 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
Tell me more about the OANDA conversion print out.

You missed absolutely nothing! Expect your visa soon![/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
@justwise,
Just an update, and maybe this might help someone, especially the person whose children were not given a Visa.
Concerning the question I asked about a pregnant Tier 4 applicant, Well, She stated in her application that she was pregnant, and her husband applied with her (he changed his mind after much persuasion). She was phoned from the British High Commission after the 9th day or thereabouts and she was asked her course details, and also asked to confirm how much she had paid for tuiton. Then she was asked how many weeks pregnant she was, and how she intended to cope with academics and pregnancy. They also asked if she was aware that they would not grant her baby (when the baby is born) permission to stay in the UK unless she can prove that her husband was with her in the UK, in addition to the funds for maintenance that would be required (and I think this is very strange and unusual by the way) she answered all their questions. Well, both she and her husband were granted the visa and they came into the UK this morning.
So one should just be as truthful as possible when applying for entry clearance in addition to reading all their guidelines and complying with them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.