Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865126 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:48am On Nov 30, 2012
emmanuelson20: Good morning House, pls, i have few questions that needs answers. Tanx~ (1) Can Both Parents Act as "Joint" Sponsors for a Student? (2) Do UK Accept Microfinance Bank Statements? (3) Must a Student have IELTS? (4) Must a Student have GMAT for MBA? (5) How early can a Student apply for a Study Visa? (6) How early can a Student travel to UK when granted a Study Visa? Please note: question 3 & 4 as to do with Embassy requirements. Tanx~

Have you been given an admission? Any English language requirement condition from your school?

Your mum & daddy can jointly sponsor you.

You have problems with micro-finance bank statement as its not easy to verify, use ordinary bank.

If your course is starting Jan 2013 then you have to apply now (its even late cos of xmas break)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmanuelson20: 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2012
justwise:

Have you been given an admission? Any English language requirement condition from your school?

Your mum & daddy can jointly sponsor you.

You have problems with micro-finance bank statement as its not easy to verify, use ordinary bank.

If your course is starting Jan 2013 then you have to apply now (its even late cos of xmas break)
Tanx~ its late already. Looking forward to September 2013. A school requested for GMAT as well as IELTS while another requested only for BSc. Just want to be sure if doing either GMAT or IELTS (or both) is necessary (or an added advantage) for Visa application should in case a school waives it. Tanx~
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gokeke(m): 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
My school asked me 2 provide IELTS if English lang is nt my first language,n i did submit any IELTS n i av bin given admission.so if u av such clause'if first lang',then ignore dat n submit other additional doc u r asked 2 submit
emmanuelson20: Good morning House, pls, i have few questions that needs answers. Tanx~ (1) Can Both Parents Act as "Joint" Sponsors for a Student? (2) Do UK Accept Microfinance Bank Statements? (3) Must a Student have IELTS? (4) Must a Student have GMAT for MBA? (5) How early can a Student apply for a Study Visa? (6) How early can a Student travel to UK when granted a Study Visa? Please note: question 3 & 4 as to do with Embassy requirements. Tanx~
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmanuelson20: 11:19pm On Dec 01, 2012
gokeke: My school asked me 2 provide IELTS if English lang is nt my first language,n i did submit any IELTS n i av bin given admission.so if u av such clause'if first lang',then ignore dat n submit other additional doc u r asked 2 submit
Tanx~ Are you in School?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by proflake: 6:26am On Dec 03, 2012
Hi house , could u please help on this .

I have a sponsor who happen to be my father and lives in london , the qustion is ; how much do I need for my maintenance if I will be staying with my father ? What document do I need to show ukba concerning accomodation and probably feeding cos he's paying anyway and lastly can I stay in west london going to school at kent ? Note : uel is an option too .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 11:35am On Dec 03, 2012
justwise: [/b]

You will not be given a visa there, you will still go home and wait for further communication from they.
Thanks very much justwise I attended the interview this morning and was asked some few questions about. My study and travel history and also on who is sponsoring me and what do I intend to do after my course.it was pretty calm and straight forward.i wasn't the only one even a lot of people on visit where called for interview and the security gave us the hint that they just started the new method of selecting people to interview.i was told at the end of the interview she would forward info on the interview to her coleuge in Abuja who would look into my application and then I should get my passport back ending of the week or early next week.i pray all comes out well in JESUS name.Amen!.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:39am On Dec 03, 2012
dove30: Thanks very much justwise I attended the interview this morning and was asked some few questions about.[b] My study and travel history and also on who is sponsoring me and what do I intend to do after my course.[/b]it was pretty calm and straight forward.i wasn't the only one even a lot of people on visit where called for interview and the security gave us the hint that they just started the new method of selecting people to interview.i was told at the end of the interview she would forward info on the interview to her coleuge in Abuja who would look into my application and then I should get my passport back ending of the week or early next week.i pray all comes out well in JESUS name.Amen!.

That is what it all about, good luck and hopefully you will get positive news soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
Pls, what wld be the right answer to give to the person that wld interview me, when am asked who is ny sponsor? In ny case, the balance of my tuition and naintainance funds are in my own account but it was my parents that paid it into my account...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gokeke(m): 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
justwise,can a person use his brother or cousin's bank statement,who is willing to sponsor him,to apply?is it only limited to ur Parents/guardian or ur personal account?...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
gokeke:
justwise[b],can a person use his brother or cousin's bank statement,who is willing to sponsor him,to apply[/b]? NO

is it only limited to ur Parents/guardian or ur personal account?..YES
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2012
peteafrik88: Pls, what wld be the right answer to give to the person that wld interview me, when am asked who is ny sponsor? In ny case, the balance of my tuition and naintainance funds are in my own account but it was my parents that paid it into my account...

That's the right answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:58pm On Dec 03, 2012
gokeke: justwise,can a person use his brother or cousin's bank statement,who is willing to sponsor him,to apply?is it only limited to ur Parents/guardian or ur personal account?...

Answer there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 9:18am On Dec 04, 2012
Hello all,if someone has been given a Study Grant would you get and apply for your visa the same way everybody does?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Alexapa22: 9:45am On Dec 04, 2012
Hello friends,please i have my school fees balance and my living cost fixed in my Daddy's account now.The money was fixed on the 20th of november and since then d account has not been used and we've planned to leave d money there till the 28 days completes.Hope there'll not be a problem if d account is left without any transaction made?Please i'll like u guys to throw more light on this.Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by afroman23: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
Please can anyone give me a direct link to download the application form for student visa, i have been searching for hours now i cant find the right form to download, also on my CAS i was told to submit the original copy of my pearson test of english the problem now is that pearson dont issue original copy, you can only print it online, will that be ok? Also i was told to submit the orignal copy of my statement of result, the problem i have now is that, i have lost the original copy but i have the photocopy with me then a letter i went to pick from my school yesterday confirming that i have completed my degree, please house will that work? And please link to download the application form. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by afroman23: 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
^^^^^ Can someone please answer my question above.. am planning to apply tomorrow please..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
afroman23: Please can anyone give me a direct link to download the application form for student visa, i have been searching for hours now i cant find the right form to download, also on my CAS i was told to submit the original copy of my pearson test of english the problem now is that pearson dont issue original copy, you can only print it online, will that be ok? Also i was told to submit the orignal copy of my statement of result, the problem i have now is that, i have lost the original copy but i have the photocopy with me then a letter i went to pick from my school yesterday confirming that i have completed my degree, please house will that work? And please link to download the application form. Thank you

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-app81.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-guidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
afroman23: Please can anyone give me a direct link to download the application form for student visa, i have been searching for hours now i cant find the right form to download, also on my CAS i was told to submit the original copy of my pearson test of english the problem now is that pearson dont issue original copy, you can only print it online, will that be ok? Also i was told to submit the orignal copy of my statement of result, the problem i have now is that, i have lost the original copy but i have the photocopy with me then a letter i went to pick from my school yesterday confirming that i have completed my degree, please house will that work? And please link to download the application form. Thank you

Online print-out will do.

I don't think the embassy will accept photocopy maybe the letter from your school will help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:11pm On Dec 05, 2012
Alexapa22: Hello friends,please i have my school fees balance and my living cost fixed in my Daddy's account now.The money was fixed on the 20th of november and since then d account has not been used and we've planned to leave d money there till the 28 days completes.Hope there'll not be a problem if d account is left without any transaction made? Please i'll like u guys to throw more light on this.Thank you

There is no problem with that, that is perfectly ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannywest: 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
Going to Abuja for my Visa tomorrow... Wish me luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by afroman23: 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
justwise:

Online print-out will do.

I don't think the embassy will accept photocopy maybe the letter from your school will help.

Thank you for your reply.. I hope the confirmation of Result will help.. i also explained to them in my additional information reason why i could not provide the original copy of my statement of result, i hope that make sense or i shouldnt have written anything in the additional information?.

Thank you once again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 6:25am On Dec 06, 2012
@Dannywest; Goodluck folk... May your wish be granted. Dont forget to drop helpful tips when you are thru on this page for others that are yet to come... Which school/ part of UK are you headed to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 6:41am On Dec 06, 2012
Please, can someone explain to me what this "Money lodgement" issue is all about? According to what I read lately, one's account statement should show all transactions for the last six months. But in my own case, I just opened my account. paid my part tuition fee from there, and also have the remaining balance and that of accomodation there too.
With this, I think my account statement would show only transactions for the past month, going by when my account was opened. Hope it will not affect my visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 06, 2012
Hello,I'll like to find out those 1 need this tuberculosis certificates before applying for student visa,cos most schools put it up as part of their applying for visa instructions and Nigeria was recenly included in  high incidence list for tuberculosis,how necessary is it? And btw d embassy was meant to release a list of acceptable institutions to get  tb certificates from and they haven't,I hope that won't be an impediment for visa applications made
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:36am On Dec 06, 2012
Has anybody being helpful to you in this thread? nominate that person here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1119661/nominate-travel-section-poster-year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
Alexapa22: Hello friends,please i have my school fees balance and my living cost fixed in my Daddy's account now.The money was fixed on the 20th of november and since then d account has not been used and we've planned to leave d money there till the 28 days completes.Hope there'll not be a problem if d account is left without any transaction made?Please i'll like u guys to throw more light on this.Thank you

You've got no problems
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
peteafrik88: Pls, what wld be the right answer to give to the person that wld interview me, when am asked who is ny sponsor? In ny case, the balance of my tuition and naintainance funds are in my own account but it was my parents that paid it into my account...
#

There is no interview. Take ur completed forms with the required documentation to VAC and submit. Shikena!

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.