Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,902 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students (8955 Views)

Photos: 4 Nigerian Students Found Dead In An Apartment In Georgia / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by dellnet: 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2011
@justwise, majority carries the vote, right?
Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by wanaj0: 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2011
dell_net:

@dancewith, thanks for your input. It seems you know what is going on from the inside.

@wanaj0, If you are in Malaysia you should know africans are a target at large.

Which Africans are targeted? How many times do you have other Africans in the NEWS?

dell_net:

This is a lie where do you get your facts from? If you say thai women I will say yes, most indonesians I see go there to work in factories, restaurants, homes etc and they get abused sexually, mentally and physically not long ago Indonesia stopped sending maids to Malaysia, I don't know if they have settled now or not.

When singapore was asked why they stopped visa on arrival for Nigerians they could not give a definite answer but as much people were not abused in singapore as it is now in Malaysia.

Well, it may be lie to you but I am telling you what I know!

Indonesians that come to work as maids are brought in by agencies. Those that come for prostitution come in as tourist and they have clamped down seriously on them. Years ago get to beach club and it is Indonesians and Philipinos that you will find there. Now it is filled with Vietnamese.

As per Singapore, they dont owe anyone any explanation. Try and apply for a visa and see the procedure you will have to pass through. So at what time did Singaporeans started discriminating against Nigerians?

Years ago Malaysians welcome Nigerians with open hands so what changed?

We need to put our house in order and stop disgracing the BLACK RACE with our attitude and behaviour. We find it difficult to obey SIMPLE RULES and regulations and we expect others to put up with our excesses.

1 Like

Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by dellnet: 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2011
Is what happens in the news that matters? I thought you are in Malaysia, what about what happens on the street and in real life?

Indonesian prostitutes in Beach Club? hmm if you say filipinos I can say yes, even those filipinos are not prostitutes depending on how you play your game. I have been there and never saw any indonesian prostitute besides you cant really say who is who among indonesians and malays. Who said anything about singaporeans discriminating and this reminds me, I once took a train from KL to singapore and I was sided out me, some thais and I believe some indians so what do you say about this aint it discrimination? Stay focus and make a point, I thought you said you work with oil company which I assume you are offshore.

I dont know how you perceive things may be you guys are not fast enough to detect racism and discrimination or you don't know it, I don't care what settings you are in professional or not just get on a bus or train in any of these places and observe the attitude of people. Maybe you guys just glue to your PC and don't mingle in the society thats why you come on here and say things in a shallow way just for small and cheap talks.
Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by wanaj0: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2011
All countries discriminate against Nigerians because they are all racists? Ok ooo. Even in Ghana they discriminate against us. Are they racist also?

To each his own.

dell_net:

Is what happens in the news that matters? I thought you are in Malaysia, what about what happens on the street and in real life?

Indonesian LovePeddlers in Beach Club? hmm if you say filipinos I can say yes, even those filipinos are not LovePeddlers depending on how you play your game. I have been there and never saw any indonesian LovePeddler besides you cant really say who is who among indonesians and malays. Who said anything about singaporeans discriminating and this reminds me, I once took a train from KL to singapore and I was sided out me, some thais and I believe some indians so what do you say about this aint it discrimination? Stay focus and make a point, I thought you said you work with oil company which I assume you are offshore.

I dont know how you perceive things may be you guys are not fast enough to detect racism and discrimination or you don't know it, I don't care what settings you are in professional or not just get on a bus or train in any of these places and observe the attitude of people. Maybe you guys just glue to your PC and don't mingle in the society thats why you come on here and say things in a shallow way just for small and cheap talks.
Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by dellnet: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2011
Who discriminate you in Ghana? There is a good relationship between Ghanaians and Nigerians especially those from North, they marry each other etc. I know a lot of Ghanaian families in Lagos married to Northerners. So what are you saying, it is even a joke for Ghanaians to discriminate Nigerians infact how could they? I don't know what point you are trying to make here.
Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by Dave619: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2011
Malaysian government are seriously corrupting Nigerians with a jobless attitude,i live there and i know how wicked this people are, am hoping to return back soon, and will be the first to start treating thousands of them working over there in oil company as they deserve, and nobody should blame me over it even our government,
Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by justwise(m): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2011
Dave619:

Malaysian government are seriously corrupting Nigerians with a jobless attitude,i live there and i know how wicked this people are, am hoping to return back soon, and will be the first to start treating thousands of them working over there in oil company as they deserve, and nobody should blame me over it even our government,

How is that?
Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by dellnet: 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2011
@dave619, it will be very ignorant of you to come down to Nigeria and treat them otherwise.
Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by jidewin(m): 3:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
dancewith:

You may be the one living in denial. Ask yourself the number of those nationals you mentioned that live in Malaysia. Nigeria is a country of 140 million folks (albeit maybe more than 200m). This is the same problem India and China have and you will find that these overpopulated countries tend to export human resources more than others (with the possible exception of the United States)

I have come to realise that the Chinese and Indians are worse criminals than Nigerians but the society is prone to rush to negative publicity (especially in the west) when the crime involves blacks. Now Malaysia has taken it to a whole new levels and it seems ok with some folks here.

It is immaterial if they were after Nigerian criminals. When they chose to arrest and brutalize any Nigerian due to the activities of others, they have lost the moral and diplomatic right to claim self righteousness. Two wrongs cannot make a right. I won't believe only Nigerian nationals commit crime in Malaysia but these other nationals don't get to have their citizens brutalized for crimes their criminals committed. This is what is called selective justice and designed to emotionally degrade a certain race. Germans used this method to start the Jewish extermination attempt under Hitler and in Russia under Stalin.

If your argument is reasonable, it means the next time you vacation in Malaysia with your family it will  be acceptable for the Malay police to bundle you and your wife into jail for a few nights simply because you are carrying the green passport and a few greenbacks as some Nigerians just committed a crime across the block.

I do not have much sympathy for criminals but no one has the right, even remotely to class all Nigerians as criminals and treat them accordingly simply because of some dumb stereotype. If you chose to throw away your dignity on account of others actions, that is you and foreigners will treat you accordingly.
f your argument is reasonable, it means
the next time you vacation in Malaysia with
your family it will be acceptable for the
Malay police to bundle you and your wife
into jail for a few nights simply because you
are carrying the green passport and a few
greenbacks as some Nigerians just
committed a crime across the block.
[b][/b]
Uuhhhhh I shudder at the thought of that.
Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by dasparrow: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2012
dell_net:

Who discriminate you in Ghana? There is a good relationship between Ghanaians and Nigerians especially those from North, they marry each other etc. I know a lot of Ghanaian families in Lagos married to Northerners. So what are you saying, it is even a joke for Ghanaians to discriminate Nigerians infact how could they? I don't know what point you are trying to make here.

I have heared severally from Nigerians that live or have lived in Ghana that they do not like Nigerians. I heared that part of it has got to do with the fact that Nigeria sent Ghana packing in the early 80s whilst many of our generation where still babies, toddlers, young children or not even born yet. Again, I don't and have never lived in Ghana but if several people are making the same claims, then there has to be some atom of truth to it. Just saying.
Re: Our Raw Deal In The Hands Of Malaysian Police, By Nigerian Students by Ugosample(m): 1:02am On Aug 18, 2016
wanaj0:
When Nigerians DESTROYED their own countries and now moved to other countries to continue the destructive tendencies dont think others will stand bye and watch. If we've dealt with the BAD eggs in our midst we will not become the object of ridicule to the whole world.

As at 2008, Nigerians do not need a visa to visit Singapore BUT now the story has changed. We should be asking what made the Singaporeans to turn against Nigerians? Singapore now have SPECIAL visa requirements for Nigerians. Before Malaysians will give Nigerians one month visa but now maximum you will get is 14days with no extension. Other African countries get one month even with possibility for extension!

I know a Malaysian woman who was approached in Church by a Nigerian student. The excuse was that he was expecting his school fees and he needed an account that they can pay it in to. The 'racist' woman gave the boy the account number, money was paid into the account and was handed over to the boy. That was the last time the boy was in the church. Not long police came looking for the woman to explain the source of the money and what was done to it. The woman explained her side of the story only for the police to explain to her that her account was used to launder money! What do you think will be the reaction of the woman when next she comes in contact with a genuine Nigerian student making a similar request? If I know 10 Nigerians are 9 of them are criminally minded, then I will assume that 90% of Nigerians are criminals. That's what you use population sample for. Unfortunately, we seem to have a LARGE sample of criminals in Malaysia.

If Malaysians are racist are what will you say of South Africans, Kenyans etc. Even out there in Ghana we are not loved! Are they racist also? Are Nigerians the only BLACK people? Like they say, Bad people have spoilt the reputation of good people. Most Nigerians that Malaysians come in contact with everyday are into criminal activities. Most claim to be students but only very few are GENUINE students. Read through this site and you will see how people are planning to go to Malaysia to 'hustle'. We thrive and celebrate criminality! Just go through this forum and you will be shocked!

NB: Malaysians treat Indonesians in the same way. They've reduced visa for Indonesian women when they found out that they were mainly involved in prostitution. I see them clamping down on the Vietnamese to.

No one is saying that ONLY Nigerians are criminals. However while other nations hide to do their crimes we throw parties to celebrate it.

Of course everyone will claim innocence but the truth is clear for everyone to see!

You nailed it 100 %
The get rich quick syndrome in Nigeria is terrible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which City Has The Highest Number Of Hotels In Nigeria / Photo Of Bad Road In U.K. Brings More Photos Of Bad Roads Around The World / World's Longest Non-Stop Flights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.