Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (88074 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2011
BlueDiva:

Explanation makes sense.
We let our youngsters waste at Chelsea.

not exactly. . . .

it's just that there's a wide gulf between the first team @ chelsea and the reserves.

jose mourinho and the other managers should be blamed for this.
in games where chelsea are leading 4-0, 5-0 with 20 mins to go, young players should be brought in for some match day experience, but that wasn't the case back then. drogba would start every chelsea game from carling cup, premier league and european nights! that is irresponsibility and pathetic squad management!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
coogar:

not exactly. . . .

it's just that there's a wide gulf between the first team @ chelsea and the reserves.

jose mourinho and the other managers should be blamed for this.
in games where chelsea are leading 4-0, 5-0 with 20 mins to go, young players should be brought in for some match day experience, but that wasn't the case back then. drogba would start every chelsea game from carling cup, premier league and european nights! that is irresponsibility and pathetic squad management!

How come Arsenal that specializes in using youngsters don't do well?
I wouldn't rule out the psychology factor. EPL teams are scared of Utd.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2011
BlueDiva:

How come Arsenal that specializes in using youngsters don't do well?
I wouldn't rule out the psychology factor. EPL teams are scared of Utd.

arsenal's youngsters are inferior to their united counterparts.
united's first team defence is rafael - vidic - rio - evra.

the defence of the reserve is jones - smalling - evans - fabio.
now compare this to the youngsters of arsenal, chelsea, liverpool and get back to me.
only tottenham and city can measure up and they still come short slightly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2011
when chelsea was on top and winning matches 3-0,4-0 they refused to blood their youngsters or give reserve players a chance.
instead of looking out for the future they were assisting their players in setting personal records e.g JT almost went a whole season without bin substituted in an EPL match,Lampard played for years n years without missing a match.these records were set in matches Terry or Lampard could hv bin rested for.how many young chelsea players hv bin given a real opportunity wit d first team?
one is not say chelsea shud go d other extreme n follow wenger's ideology of livin n dyin by d youth players but there obviously is a middle way e.g SAF's way, marrying youth with xperience
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 30, 2011
For the life of me, i don't know why we are killing McEchran and Bruma.
Loan these chaps out.

Meanwhile, why are we being linked to every player in the world?
Higuain, Hulk, Cahill, Kaka, Moura, Arshavin etc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by 195(f): 5:59am On Dec 30, 2011
^I seriously dont know
but how true is that 150m pounds given to AVB

He says he needs a striker, a winger, a player maker and a defender

exactly what we need
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by diggz: 7:06am On Dec 30, 2011
Thot bruma has bin on loan?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Suntemi(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2011
190_@:

^I seriously dont know
but how true is that [b]150m pounds [/b]given to AVB

He says he needs a striker, a winger, a player maker and a defender

exactly what we need

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 30, 2011
diggz:

Thot bruma has bin on loan?

My bad. Bertrand i mean.
Bruma is on loan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by MrTA(m): 11:42am On Dec 30, 2011
Gary Cahill fee agreed for you. Good cover for when JT gets his 6 month ban from football. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2011
@Diva,

You are looking at the difference in recruitment criteria over the years. The difference between United and Chelsea is that United spend wisely on their "squad" while Chelsea spend all they have on their first 11.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
nateevs:

@Diva,

You are looking at the difference in recruitment criteria over the years. The difference between United and Chelsea is that United spend wisely on their "squad" while Chelsea spend all they have on their first 11.

True this. That's why our players burn out early.
I envy United that can decide to field a second string team that will still perform.

We have a lot of decent youngsters on loan right now.
I just hope we wouldn't sell them off instead of bringing them back and integrating them to the team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2011
I predict another draw tomorrow. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by tayoast(m): 2:13am On Dec 31, 2011
BlueDiva:

I predict another draw tomorrow. cheesy

That makes two of us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2011
We are successfully on our way to a 4th draw. Very good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by ritchboy(m): 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2011
BlueDiva:

We are successfully on our way to a 4th draw. Very good.

You wish! grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 5:59pm On Dec 31, 2011
Hmmmm.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2011
End of Year Akpakoooooooooo!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

[flash=640,480]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6TMgwnFFq0?version=3&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2011
Maybe nateevs would have some explanation for this shame.
Our problem is not the players but the woeful inexperienced manager.

This guy would end up taking us to the Europa.
We are gradually turning into a mediocre team thanks to Mr Tinkerman.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2011
Shebi Lampard did not start? Shebi Ramires and Romeu started? Shebi Torres didn't start?

Abeg make persin find reason for this loss! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2011
BlueDiva:

Maybe nateevs would have some explanation for this shame.
Our problem is not the players but the woeful inexperienced manager.

This guy would end up taking us to the Europa.
We are gradually turning into a mediocre team thanks to Mr Tinkerman.

Did you even see the 3rd Villa goal?
If you did, then come back to the second line of your post.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by switch47(m): 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2011
BlueDiva:

I predict another draw tomorrow.  cheesy
  For where, When you want to win you will draw, when you want a draw- you lose. It will get worse for CHELSEA. that has always been my prediction CHELSEA IS DOOMED

Hahahahhahahahhaha. seriously it is not an unexpected scoreline CHELSEA has always been a small team and Nothing special about the team right from time like i always say it is a matter of time before the team goes down FINALLY. DEAD AND 4 GOTTEN. their fans are clueless . they believe Chelsea is a big team, BIG Deception . Chelsea is SHIIT!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by duduspace(m): 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
Erm, Abramovich only needs to shell out some more money. Methinks another £400m of investment should just about turn things around and maybe guarantee a top 4 finish cos there is another money miss road team in town.  tongue
Happy New Year people.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2011
nateevs:

Did you even see the 3rd Villa goal?
If you did, then come back to the second line of your post.

Without the 3rd goal we would still lose.
The players don't play with passion, they have no regards for AVB.

Your manager is tactically clueless abeg.
I expect AVB to start yapping again, " we played well, we are still in the race. . .bla bla bla"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2011
BlueDiva:

Without the 3rd goal we would still lose.
The players don't play with passion, they have no regards for AVB.

Your manager is tactically clueless abeg.
I expect AVB to start yapping again, " we played well, we are still in the race. . .bla bla bla"

So it's the manager again eh?
Do you know how many managers you have personally called to sack?
Is it really that difficult managing?
Oya let's sack this one again.

Another dude will come in.
You'll get a honeymoon period with the new guy.
We'll finish just above Arsenal, lose in the CL, win the FA Cup and congratulate ourselves.
It was nice we sacked AVB timely. Then Roman will buy Caroll and Arshavin for £60m a piece.
Give Lamps, Drogba, Ferreira and Malouda 2 more years' contract
We are off to a bright start. We beat WestBrom 6-0, Arsenal 2-0 Drogba scores. We lead the PL with 6 pts after 6 games.

November comes first draw. Then another and another. Then a loss. Then pressure. The newspaper stories.
Suddenly we are 4th. Gosh we are going to finish outside the top 4.
Then Diva will come again "It's not the players. . it's the useless manager"

And we'll begin the cycle all over again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2011
nateevs:

So it's the manager again eh?
Do you know how many managers you have personally called to sack?
Is it really that difficult managing?
Oya let's sack this one again.

No it's not difficult managing.
Can all our players really be that old and ineffective? No sir.

I'm beginning to think Torres will flourish under a decent manager.
Look at the magnificent Mata being wasted by playing him out of position.

I would stop any criticism of AVB if we beat Wolves on Tues.

AVB will only take us down, it's obvious.
Even CA did not desecrate the Bridge the way this man is doing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2011
BlueDiva:

No it's not difficult managing.
Can all our players really be that old and ineffective? No sir.

Of course it's not difficult managing.
So how come he can win a treble with Porto and cannot win jack with ours?

No all our player cannot be in efective at the same time but what do you expect from them though? Win every game?
What then do you expect from City who have twice the squad that we have?
You are just afraid to face it. With these bunch of players, we are just about where we should be.

I'm beginning to think Torres will flourish under a decent manager.
Look at the magnificent Mata being wasted by playing him out of position.

I hope you know Torres played under Roy at Liverpool, Ancellotti and still plays under Del Bosque.
So it's AVB affecting Torres eh?

AVB will only take us down, it's obvious.
Even CA did not desecrate the Bridge the way this man is doing.

Really? So far AVB has lost to Arsenal, Liverpool and Aston Villa at the Bridge.
Do you know how many game Ancellotti lost at the bridge?

Please get these facts right before you criticise.

----------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry but if you leave transition too late this is what you get.
We are just about as good as Spurs and Liverpool.
United win PLs year in year out because they refresh every so often.
You on this side adore your idols nd protect them from sitting on the bench yet you want United-style performances.
You think it's about about relying on 33 year-old for inspiration?

That's the difference.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
nateevs:

No! What do you expect from them though? Win every game?
What then do you expect from City who have twice the squad that we have?
You are just afraid to face it. With these bunch of players, we are just about where we should be.

What bunch of players?
Ramires, Romeu, Mata, Miereles, Luiz, Ivanovic, Sturridge, Ashely are all decent players.
If they were not playing for Chelsea you would have been naming them as players we ought to get.

I hope you know Torres played under Roy at Liverpool, Ancellotti and still plays under Del Bosque.
So it's AVB affecting Torres eh?

Indirectly owning up to Torres' failure?  cheesy

Really? So far AVB has lost to Arsenal, Liverpool and Aston Villa at the Bridge.
Do you know how many game Ancellotti lost at the bridge?

Please get these facts right before you criticise.

No, do tell.
I'm not into stats.  cheesy
----------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry but if you leave transition too late this is what you get.
We are just about as good as Spurs and Liverpool.
United win PLs year in year out because they refresh every so often.
You on this side adore your idols nd protect them from sitting on the bench yet you want United-style performances.
You think it's about about relying on 33 year-old for inspiration?

That's the difference.   

How many 33 yrs old do we rely on? The 33yr old you criticize is the reason you are still in the CL.
You are begging the issue. It's not about age. TH is almost 35 yet they all want him at the Emirates.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by JomoGbomo3(m): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2011
We should just allow AVB see out the season to complete the transition. No turning back now.  We know for sure that if AVB play the oldies, we would make 3rd place easily (and I include Alex and Anelka in this). That said, once a process is in place, we might as well complete it and cross fingers we can finish fourth this season.

A lot of this still comes back to the decision to allocate a large percentage of the club's resources to signing Torres this time last year. Those wages and transfer fees woulda provided for three good players, plus saved a lot of political headache and squad unbalance and demoralisation. I didnt watch the game, but I'm curious as to why we once again went back to the tried and failed DD/Torres partnership. Did Studge get injured? I woulda thought that Studge is more suited to playing in 4-4-2 than any of these two. FFS, if DD could not make a 4-4-2 work with the unselfish Anelka, whats the point persisting with trying to shoehorn DD and Torres into the same formation?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 31, 2011
Jomo Gbomo?
Lol. . .WTF happened? Jomo Gbomo of all names?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2011
What bunch of players?
Ramires, Romeu, Mata, Miereles, Luiz, Ivanovic, Sturridge, Ashely are all decent players.
If they were not playing in Chelsea you would have been naming them as players we ought to get.

Oh really? You think I will name Ramires and Meireles as players Chelsea should get.
Seriously? Abeg cancel those two names from your list.

And yes the other 6 players are top players I will admire in any other team.
However, last time I checked, you cannot win the league with 6 players.
Infact in this age, you need an able squad of 25 to stay in the top four.
We spent years splashing on the first team. You cannot expect your top players to be in super year-in year-out.
Therefore you need to have players who can step up and do a job.

We have a game in 48 hrs and we cannot afford to make 4 subs.
If you think we can, name them players you will play.

Indirectly owning up to Torres' failure?

You cannot be sucked up in what you have to say that you forget what people's views on a topic are.
I have told you time and again that so far Torres has never been a failure. What's the point of your statement?
On the contrary you are blaming AVB for Torres woes claming another Manager will get the best out of him.
I point out your errors. You should accept it and take that statement back instead trying to deflect.

How many 33 yrs old do we rely on? The 33yr old you criticize is the reason you are still in the CL.
You are begging the issue. It's not about age. TH is almost 35 yet they all want him at the Emirates.

Too many in crucial positions. Goodluck though with comparing us with Arsenal.
They are not serious. . just like us. No clear strategy and that's why like us, they won't win anything.

No, do tell.
I'm not into stats.

If you are not into stats, then why claim AVB already has more losses at home than CA?
Would that assertion not depend on stats?

Diva are you not the same person who in 2009 was calling for the end to the CA experiment?
How come 2 years later you are using the same CA as a yard-stick for another manager's performance?
These were the same pattern of results we were getting until ManU and Arsenal slumped and we picked up some form.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362607.1184.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362607.1152.html

A little history should give you a tap in the backside.
Read how you lot had no single belief in the CA team. Now you are are judging AVB with the same CA you failed to support.
WE are back to the same point again. . It's till the manager eh?

Your post on March 16th, 2010.

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here on: March 16, 2010, 11:29 PM
CA is turning SB into a joke.
Soon Hull and Stoke will feel they can come to the Bridge and win.

It's the manager again eh?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 7:36pm On Dec 31, 2011
Jomo Gbomo:

We should just allow AVB see out the season to complete the transition. No turning back now.  We know for sure that if AVB play the oldies, we would make 3rd place easily (and I include Alex and Anelka in this). That said, once a process is in place, we might as well complete it and cross fingers we can finish fourth this season.

A lot of this still comes back to the decision to allocate a large percentage of the club's resources to signing Torres this time last year. Those wages and transfer fees woulda provided for three good players, plus saved a lot of political headache and squad unbalance and demoralisation. I didnt watch the game, but I'm curious as to why we once again went back to the tried and failed DD/Torres partnership. Did Studge get injured? I woulda thought that Studge is more suited to playing in 4-4-2 than any of these two. FFS, if DD could not make a 4-4-2 work with the unselfish Anelka, whats the point persisting with trying to shoehorn DD and Torres into the same formation?

Hehehe . . . Ninjah did you get yourself banned?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.