Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,053 members, 7,845,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (88607 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by MeGaStReEt: 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
Imagine DS starting for Chelsea. AVB is a ****

Goodluck to Napoli. I hope we continue to lose till they sack AVB. rubish  Manager with rubish name
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chamotex(m): 11:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
So many Football Manager players on here. cheesy cheesy

afrodoc:

and i guess d portuguese league does?
if any of us here goes to manage Porto (and am including coogar n bluediva who r diametrically opposed in terms of tactics  grin) Porto would still have a 40 to 50 percent chance of winning their league! Porto will come top 3 in Portugal with a mannequin as manager,dts how poor d Portuguese league is.so AVB having one season of success doesnt mean he is d real deal.

I won the Portuguese league twice with Boavista in FM tongue grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 11:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
BlueDiva:

What did we achieve at the end?
Better to have sat back and wait for our own breaks.

We don't have what it takes to play attacking football.
A team that doesn't know how to find the net should sit back when playing the likes of Napoli away.

Anyhow, we are all watching.
Wondering what nonsense AVB will say again tomorrow. To think that the boy said we have a chance of winning the CL.

So you will keep quiet and not write a single word if AVB told us "Hey guys this season we don't have an attacking team so we are going to sit back like Wolves and watch teams play"

I have told you, sitting back is not guarantee of not losing a game. Watching tons of games, you'll find out you are more likely to lose a game with a negative approach. What if we sat back and lost 2-0? How do we overcome that in the second leg? Remember we cannot attack?

That's not a solution Diva.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 11:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
afrodoc:

but bros nateevs scolari had won d WORLD CUP and TWO COPA LIBERTADORES TITLES before coming to chelsea!sinnce he had a record of success wit different teams he was not a fluke,ur AVB on d other hand might be a one season wonder, he myt b d fluke!

oh please scolari won the world cup and his toughest opponents were turkey and germany.
with rivaldo, fat ronaldo and roberto carlos in my squad, i would win the world cup.

abeg, felipe scolari is clueless.
brazil had a very easy run to the final. the cheapest run ever by a world cup winning team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 11:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
So winning the Europa cup with FC porto is a bigger achievement that winning the World cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
United is doing well with players that are not better than ours.
Spurs is doing well with players not better than ours.

It's all about man management.
If we all agreed that AVB is learning the ropes, i for nor dey vex.
It's annoying when you hear that AVB is the best thing to have happened to us and the players are his problem.

BTW the following players should please tender their transfer request.

Cahill
Meireles
Malouda
Bosingwa
Torres

Would have added Luiz but if he is played properly ,he'll excel.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 11:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
@chamotex u r a bad guy  cheesy
but on play station i won d champs league using Aston Villa,can u beat dat?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 11:37pm On Feb 21, 2012
dayokanu:

So winning the Europa cup with FC porto is a bigger achievement that winning the World cup

with the squad brazil had in 2002, it would be a travesty if scolari didn't win the world cup.
they played china, costa rica, turkey(2), germany, belgium, england.

what's porto's budget when they won the europa league in comparison to their adversaries.
besides that, villas-boas went a full season unbeaten. a feat arsenal fans still celebrate.

villas-boas won a treble of titles. how did he fluke that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 11:37pm On Feb 21, 2012
At the end of the day, Im interested to see what current players can do in the absence of width.

Some Chelsea legends who overachieved in their day played without width for 5 years and took the team to finals, won cups and leagues and all sorts.

I remember when Ballack, Maka, Lampard and Essien were playing a midfield diamond with DD and Sheva upfront.

I remember when Lamps and Ballack were labouring to break through packed defence with no support from outwide.

I remember when these Chelsea legends were slated and castigated by some peeps on here for not dribbling their way through packed midfield to score in tight games.

God Bless those guys mehn cos current crop are showing relegation form without lack of width.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 11:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
afrodoc:

and i guess d portuguese league does?
if any of us here goes to manage Porto (and am including coogar n bluediva who r diametrically opposed in terms of tactics  grin) Porto would still have a 40 to 50 percent chance of winning their league! Porto will come top 3 in Portugal with a mannequin as manager,dts how poor d Portuguese league is.so AVB having one season of success doesnt mean he is d real deal.

Then go ask Victor Perreira why he isn't running away with the league if it's that easy.
Also ask Moyes, Redknapp, Hughes, why they didn't win the Europa since AVB did it without much ado.

You guys are just insanely illogical. Your emotions are taking over and your supposedly rational views are soo skewed it's unbelievable.
No one saying AVB is the real deal but no ordinary manger wins a treble in his first season, record points, records goals and playing admirable football without being something special. I bloody do not care what league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

with the squad brazil had in 2002, it would be a travesty if scolari didn't win the world cup.

what's porto's budget when they won the europa league in comparison to their adversaries.
besides that, villas-boas went a full season unbeaten. a feat arsenal fans still celebrate.

villas-boas won a treble of titles. how did he fluke that?

Who were Portos adversaries in the Europa cup

Wasnt it this same Scolari who led Portugal to beating Spain, Russia, England and Holland in the Euro cup

nateevs:

Then go ask Victor Perreira why he isn't running away with the league if it's that easy.
Also ask Moyes, Redknapp, Hughes, why they didn't win the Europa since AVB did it without much ado.

You guys are just insanely illogical. Your emotions are taking over and your supposedly rational views are soo skewed it's unbelievable.
No one saying AVB is the real deal but no ordinary manger wins a treble in his first season, record points, records goals and playing admirable football without being something special. I bloody do not care what league.

Winnning a treble of Portuguese league and Europa cup aint no big deal

Gerrard Houllier also won the UEFA cup, Carling cup and FA cup "tremble" in 2001 innit?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar has joined d debate.if he uses his "torres his gold" logic we r in for a long night! well me am off for d nyt,beta siddon look from here on
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
nateevs:

don't mind the charlatans.
anyone comparing the tools villas-boas is working with to the ones his predecessors used is a joker. a big bloody joker.
the truth is the senior performers at chelsea have all aged. petr cech of 2004-6 would have saved at least 2 of the napoli goals.

essien in that era was simply unplayable. . .so were drogba and lampard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
So you will keep quiet and not write a single word if AVB told us "Hey guys this season we don't have an attacking team so we are going to sit back like Wolves and watch teams play"

I have told you, sitting back is not guarantee of not losing a game. Watching tons of games, you'll find out you are more likely to lose a game with a negative approach. What if we sat back and lost 2-0? How do we overcome that in the second leg? Remember we cannot attack?

That's not a solution Diva

It's senseless to sit back at every game.
Not even a slowpoke would suggest that.

I will buttress my point by referring you to what GH played against Barca at home.
You can't match a scoring team in attacking football especially when your strikers are dud and your defense is rubbish.

Now that we tried it, didn't it backfire?

My problem with AVB is he is so predictable.
Same line up, same formation, same subs. Study your opponents and adapt.

The Napoli defense ain't so good either and we could have hit them at occasional breaks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 11:43pm On Feb 21, 2012
BlueDiva:

United is doing well with players that are not better than ours.
Spurs is doing well with players not better than ours.

It's all about man management.
If we all agreed that AVB is learning the ropes, i for nor dey vex.
It's annoying when you hear that AVB is the best thing to have happened to us and the players are his problem.

BTW the following players should please tender their transfer request.

Cahill
Meireles
Malouda
Bosingwa
Torres

Would have added Luiz but if he is played properly ,he'll excel.

With a mind set like yours, you can make anything mean anything.
One big difference between Spurs and Chelsea, they have Adebayor, Defoe and Saha.
You think I won't swap that for Drogba, Kalou and Torres?

Modric, VDV, Bale, Lennon. Please Diva.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Berbatov does not start. He comes in and over two games he scores 5 goals.
Do we have that? Hernandez? Ronney. We don't have a single winger as good as Valencia let alone Nani.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondly, how do think they achieved a state of stability? By spending over £80m on hiring and firing manager over 7 seasons?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 11:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
BlueDiva:

It's senseless to sit back at every game.
Not even a slowpoke would suggest that.

I will buttress my point by referring you to what GH played against Barca at home.
You can't match a scoring team in attacking football especially when your strikers are dud and your defense is rubbish.

Now that we tried it, didn't it backfire?

My problem with AVB is he is so predictable.
Same line up, same formation, same subs. Study your opponents and adapt.

The Napoli defense ain't so good either and we could have hit them at occasional breaks.

nateevs, can you read that?

bluediva is comparing the players guus hiddink used against barca 3 yrs ago to villas-boas who inherited dross. . . .
why do nigerians find it difficult to compare like for like for fecks sake?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 11:52pm On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

nateevs, can you read that?

bluediva is comparing the players guus hiddink used against barca 3 yrs ago to villas-boas who inherited dross. . . .
why do nigerians find it difficult to compare like for like for fecks sake?

Don't mind Diva. It was this time in 2009. Cech, Lampard, Drogba, Essien, Malouda, Kalou, Terry, Cole, Ivanovic, Mikel were all 3 years younger. They are all still here. They expect the same level of aspiration, commitment and fitness.

No to forget also that Chelsea had Ballack, Deco, Belletti, Stoch, DiSanto, Carvalho, Quaresma, and Joe Cole in that squad. All 3 years younger and contributed to the season in their own ways.

Do I need to explain these basic things?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 11:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
nateevs:

Don't mind Diva. It was this time in 2009. Cech, Lampard, Drogba, Essien, Malouda, Kalou, Terry, Cole, Ivanovic, Mikel were all 3 years younger. They are all still here. They expect the same level of aspiration, commitment and fitness.

No to forget also that Chelsea had Ballack, Zhirkov, Carvalho, Quaresma, and Joe Cole in that squad. All 3 years younger.
Do I need to explain these basic things?

bluediva is high on toxic suya missed with burantashi grin

a night like this presents the opportunity to hack down disliked players.
if you ask for the opinion of everyone, you would find out that everyone has a particular scapegoat they would love to blame for the loss.
for feck's sake, dayo has blamed torres tonight. he actually expected torres to score from the bench. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
 Defoe and Saha Modric, VDV, Bale, Lennon, Hernandez Ronney,

Are these names necessarily better than the ones below?

Fair enough, they ain't performing now because of bad management but are they worse than the ones above?

Mata > VDV
Torres > Chicharito, Saha, Defoe and Adebayo
Bale slightly > Cole
DS > Lennon

How about the England automatic shirt owners, Ashley and JT. Or the Ivorian giant?
Chelsea squad ain't that bad, our manager is whack. Full stop.  cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 22, 2012
bluediva is high on toxic suya missed with burantashi

if you ask for the opinion of everyone, you would find out that everyone has a particular scapegoat they would love to blame for the loss.
for feck's sake, dayo has blamed torres tonight. he actually expected torres to score from the bench

You were brought into a team for 15 mil and you don't ask for players?

AVB is a dummy.
He must have been satisfied with what he met.

A manager in a club like CFC should demand for players he can get results from.

The owner already shelled money to hire him, he woulda shelled some more for him to succeed.
If the players ain't good, blame AVB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 12:03am On Feb 22, 2012
BlueDiva:

Fair enough, they ain't performing now because of bad management but are they worse than the ones above?

Mata > VDV
Bale slightly > Cole
DS > Lennon

How about the England automatic shirt owners, Ashley and JT. Or the Ivorian giant?

you are still making the same error, bluediva.
you are fixated on names and not their fitness and their age.
of course on paper, scholes looks better as a name than modric but can scholes match modric's fitness?

that's the issue. the chelsea players have the talents but their legs are too aged to complete the required task.
so you just have a name on the pitch producing nothing.

BlueDiva:

You were brought into a team for 15 mil and you don't ask for players?

AVB is a dummy.
He must have been satisfied with what he met.

A manager in a club like CFC should demand for players he can get results from.

The owner already shelled money to hire him, he woulda shelled some more for him to succeed.
If the players ain't good, blame AVB.

he wasn't satisfied - i remember him pursuing modric to the very end of the earth.
abramovic was hesitant to roll out the dosh for villas-boas most probably because of the financial fair play.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 12:07am On Feb 22, 2012
coogar:

bluediva is high on toxic suya missed with burantashi grin

for feck's sake, dayo has blamed torres tonight. he actually expected torres to score from the bench. grin

This night Coogar has already blamed Lampard while Franks bum was glued to the bench
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 12:09am On Feb 22, 2012
dayokanu:

This night Coogar has already blamed Lampard while Franks bum was glued to the bench

lampard featured, torres didn't even kick a ball but you still blamed him cos if he's firing, there wouldn't be any need for drogba.
i blamed lampard when he came on cos i know what he brings. he doesn't have the urgency to chase goals in a match anymore, he can only come in to level things out. lampard is only good when chelsea are winning and they wanna see the game out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 22, 2012
dayokanu:

grin grin
It's a blame game.
As long as results remain this way we will trade the blames.

coogar:

you are still making the same error, bluediva.
you are fixated on names and not their fitness and their age.
of course on paper, scholes looks better as a name than modric but can scholes match modric's fitness?

that's the issue. the chelsea players have the talents but their legs are too aged to complete the required task.
so you just have a name on the pitch producing nothing.

he wasn't satisfied - i remember him pursuing modric to the very end of the earth.
abramovic was hesitant to roll out the dosh for villas-boas most probably because of the financial fair play.

Trust me Modric would have become a dud under AVB.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Modric playing as left back.  grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 12:11am On Feb 22, 2012
Yet coogar blamed Lampard for the the goals conceded
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by ritchboy(m): 12:13am On Feb 22, 2012
Napoli is the first Italian team I've really liked in a while. The way they go about their business is a breath of fresh air.

Can Chelsea score two or more goals without leaking one or two at the other end? It's not looking likely is it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 12:14am On Feb 22, 2012
BlueDiva:

grin grin
It's a blame game.
As long as results remain this way we will trade the blames.

i don't just thrust blames on the shoulders of players.
lampard was lethargic. subs are meant to make impacts in games - i cannot remember a single thing lampard did.

Trust me Modric would have become a dud under AVB.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Modric playing as left back.  grin

of course, just like david luiz plays as a goalie.

dayokanu:

Yet coogar blamed Lampard for the the goals conceded

a link would help your case in the court of law.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 12:44am On Feb 22, 2012
BlueDiva:

Mata > VDV
Bale slightly > Cole
DS > Lennon

Hehehe . . . They ain't performing due to poor man management.
Anything to blame AVB.

Last season, thank goodness AVB was not here.
How many goals did Drogba score?
How many goals did Torres score?
How many goals did Kalou score?

Last season at Porto, due to AVB's 'poor management',
Falcao scored 38 goals.
Veira De Souza scored 36 goals.
Varela scored 11 goals.

Come on Diva.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dyabman(m): 3:21am On Feb 22, 2012
I don't really know what to say this time around . . i just believe AVB is learning , and if RA won't sack him and he gets his backing, I see titanic ship coming to SB to ship-off all the duds including Lampard away from Chelsea . . Am waiting for his own team next season.

Yesterday . . Mereiles killed us and all back four made a very good impact against the team. .

AVB wake up cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by FBS: 9:27am On Feb 22, 2012
AVB the best thing since cornflakes? I laugh in kolanut.
And all of a sudden the Portuguese league is the toughest in Europe? ok ooo!
I even find it more difficult to understand why when we win, the Manager can be credited but when we lose, it's the players fault. That ain't right.

True, we all thought (including RA) he (AVB) was some genius and got carried away by his accomplishments of last season but by no means is he a flash in the frying pan.  grin
What annoys me is when folks here can't even agree that he is capable of making mistakes. If the players are solely responsible for what goes on the pitch, then why do we even need a manager? Afterall, AVB is not the one to tell Drogba how to score or Torres how to keep shape. He isn't the one to tell Luiz how to concentrate on the pitch or Tell Bose and Malouda to move happily to the reserves. Why do we need a manager?

imo, we can put this 'debate' to rest by agreeing that AVB is STILL LEARNING!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by FBS: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2012
19 goals in 28 apps. That's how good he is doing.
No sir. No one is saying no manager but all good manager had/have good players. Simple.
JM won the league with 91 points. The best season Chelsea ever had. You guys come here and paste AVB is chelsea's worst manager. However no remembers one important ingredient to JM's Chelsea's success. ,  . . £240m  Go figure.

I know some people who tell me till date they don't regard JM as a good manager until he goes to a team that had no hope without money and turned them into winners. Ask him why he was grumbling when we had Sheva who couldn't buy a goal.
The moment we went from buying top class talent to buying Sidwell, Pizzarro, Ben Haim, on a free and Malouda, JM couldn't do poo. If JM had remained at Chelsea that season he won't have won the league. The season after he would not have won the league.
Call it what you desire, there's no top manager who achieved without top class talent. SImple!

Real Madrid spent more than that not too long ago and won NADA! yep ZERO!
So what are you saying??
You just like to spew tomato cos you like typing or what?
How do you know he wouldn't have won the season after? WTF!
The way you shift posts nowadays sef.  grin
You were using the same arguments to support Scolari -flashing his WC resume but now you say, that don't mean a thing. And all of a sudden the Europa league is better than the World Cup. You were singing songs like
- "DD slows the team down, Lamps is too old. JT is the problem". Guus came and did wonders. abi no be with the same players?
Joe Cole's best season was under JM,
Ibra bagged the 'golden shoe' in Seria A - also under JM.
Did he buy both players? pray tell me, who has been outstanding this season under AVB?

Then came Torres who in your books is the real deal cos he keeps shapes but hey, you will take Defoe instead?
And you talk of hindsight? my friend, lo joko si bi kan mehn. no annoy me this afternoon.  cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:06am On Feb 22, 2012
No single person on here has ever stated that the AVB is some genius incapable of mistakes. Not even Fergie, Wenger, JM who have a wealth of experience are unable to make mistakes. I have no idea where you are making that up from.

I never thought AVB was a genius. If you thought so, then good for you. What I thought though was that he is a fine manager who having the backing of RA can take us places. I don't know where you are making that up from either.

Yes the Portuguese league is not the toughest in the world to win. How many managers do you know who won it unbeaten? How many managers do you know who won it, winning the Europa league and the cup in the same season. Why do I have to keep pointing this out? JM was Porto's most successful manager in the league. AVB beat JM's record in the league. AVB is the world's youngest manager to win a European title. If it was that easy, you won't be on Nairaland. Quit the gibberish.

And as to this. .

FBS:

imo, we can put this 'debate' to rest by agreeing that AVB is STILL LEARNING!

Hilarious! Please come back and name one manager you know that is "no longer learning"

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (101)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.