Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (88025 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
Puyol is Barcas only threat at set pieces yet he still finds a way to get in headers
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
dayokanu: DROGBA is easily MOTM here

Ashley Cole, John Terry, Gary Cahill. You only see highlights.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2012
nateevs:

Ashley Cole, John Terry, Gary Cahill. You only see highlights.

I guess you are watching a different game.

Drogba alone has taken on all of Barcas defence and midfield and dominated them all game

even contributed his part to defence

Not your fault, You can hardly understand the game, Your understanding is limited to what AVB scribble down or speaks on portuguese media

Soo pathetic
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
I'm a big fan of sturridge.
It saddens me that he's become peripherial. I hope he takes a good look at himself and then hopefully work on areas where he is deficient/lacking.

Although he's been played out of position all season I'll still pick him ahead of Torres.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
This is what i am talking about in 89 min Drogba was in barcas box, 15 seconds later he has in Chelseas box clearing the danger off Dani Alvez
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
Jessusss wepttttt
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2012
dayokanu:

I guess you are watching a different game.

Drogba alone has taken on all of Barcas defence and midfield and dominated them all game

even contributed his part to defence

Not your fault, You can hardly understand the game, Your understanding is limited to what AVB scribble down or speaks on portuguese media

Soo pathetic

Of course. Highlight fans like you see the obvious.
You have to be a fish head to not acknowledge the absolute organization in defense.
Knowing when to move, when to stay and they kept the world's best player at bay.

I am not saying DD does not deserve the MOTM but "easily"?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
Chelsea WINNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Didier drogbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comes the moment comes the man

King DROGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2012
nateevs:

Of course. Highlight fans like you see the obvious.
You have to be a fish head to not acknowledge the absolute organization in defense.
Knowing when to move, when to stay and they kept the world's best player at bay.

I am not saying DD does not deserve the MOTM but "easily"?

If you are not a knobhead you would have noticed that the defence was a collective job where almost 7-8 players were defending at all time

Yet in attack Drogba was doing all by himself and even defending
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by edoyad(m): 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
With I've seen today, Bar a will progress with at least a 4 goal margin. Its a miracle Chelsea are still in it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
dayokanu:

If you are not a knobhead you would have noticed that the defence was a collective job where almost 7-8 players were defending at all time

Yet in attack Drogba was doing all by himself and even defending

Oya you win.
Please let me celebrate this win.
Go siddon!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
the chelsea defence was very impressive today and well organised but IMO Didier Drogba was obviously the man of the match
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
nateevs:

Oya you win.
Please let me celebrate this win.
Go siddon!

Don't only celebrate, take time to watch the game replayed and analyse every of Drogbas move and effort in the game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2012
edoyad: With I've seen today, Bar a will progress with at least a 4 goal margin. Its a miracle Chelsea are still in it.

You are just bitter.
Go jump off.

No one thought they won't have near chances.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2012
where's chic2chimp? grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2012
Great effort from the boys.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chic2pimp(m): 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
Wetin I dey hia..........
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
What is Nateevs talking about highlights fans.

Lampard is the anti-thesis of highlights player. The sheer amount of work he gets through in a game, the quick passes to release players on the left (which we saw today) is far from highlight stuff. I remember when Nateevs was telling me that highlight king Steven Gerrard (a player who throws away hollywood passes all game) was better than Lamps. Nateevs is the highlights man if you ask me.

As for MOTM, everybody was Man-of-the-Match except Mata, who does not have the physicality or stamina for this kind of defensive game.

Special mention to Cole, Cahill and Drogba, but every single man gave it his all except possibly Mata.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
nateevs: Great effort from the boys.

smash n grab.

chelsea - 192 passes
barcelona - 782 passes.

if ronaldo was playing for barca, tools like dayokanu
would say he hides in big games. see how everyone has kept
quiet about messi's performance tonight.

ronaldo assisted a goal last night - he's crap.
messi contributed nothing today - he's god!
football fans are fickle-minded!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2012
chic2pimp: Wetin I dey hia..........

remember what i said last night about barca-chelsea tie?
they just hate playing chelsea. with drogba diving 5 times per second to
disrupt their flow. it was tedious!

chic2chimp, the 6th placed team in the english league have beaten
spain's finest. should we also conclude la liga is crap? grin if the
roles are reversed, you continental bigots would say english league is rubbish.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by FBS: 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2012
Perfect!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2012
Ibime: What is Nateevs talking about highlights fans.

Lampard is the anti-thesis of highlights player. The sheer amount of work he gets through in a game, the quick passes to release players on the left (which we saw today) is far from highlight stuff. I remember when Nateevs was telling me that highlight king Steven Gerrard (a player who throws away hollywood passes all game) was better than Lamps. Nateevs is the highlights man if you ask me.

As for MOTM, everybody was Man-of-the-Match except Mata, who does not have the physicality or stamina for this kind of defensive game.

Special mention to Cole, Cahill and Drogba, but every single man gave it his all except possibly Mata.

Bros cool down. Did you not see me disagreeing with Coogar on Lamps input in this game?
How many shots have you had?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chic2pimp(m): 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2012
coogar:

remember what i said last night about barca-chelsea tie?
they just hate playing chelsea. with drogba diving 5 times per second to
disrupt their flow. it was tedious!

chic2chimp, the 6th placed team in the english league have beaten
spain's finest. should we also conclude la liga is crap? grin if the
roles are reversed, you continental bigots would say english league is rubbish.

You said nothing new about the Barca-chelsea tie.
It fairly obvious to everyone that they do struggle against sides that park the bus.(Inter Milan and Real in last season's copa)
I guess it's kinda a role reversal for Barca. Getting a little taste of their own medicine.

However said Barca was unbeatable?.....Dude Barca(so called best team ever) have been beaten 5 times in La Liga this season. So it's nothing new
Also I bet you would be hard pressed to find a post of mine calling the EPL crap. All I said it is overhyped and I still stand by that statement.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by chic2pimp(m): 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
coogar:

ronaldo assisted a goal last night - he's crap.
messi contributed nothing today - he's god!
football fans are fickle-minded!

Are u saying Ronaldo had a better game last night? How so?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by AlabaSlim: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
2nd leg wil dside if hellc wil mk it by packin d BUS again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2012
chic2pimp:

Are u saying Ronaldo had a better game last night? How so?

than messi? he certainly did!
he assisted a goal for feck's sake.

barcelona's last five away games in england as part of the champions league knock-out stages:

Chelsea 1 - 0 Barcelona
Arsenal 2 - 1 Barcelona
Arsenal 2 - 2 Barcelona
Chelsea 1 - 1 Barcelona
Man Utd 1 - 0 Barcelona

you know, i think andy gray was on to something about barca and midweek games in english weather conditions..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by AlabaSlim: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2012
@least wi know dat messi's pa4mance was BETA dan kristi's lasnite
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2012
Are we still having AVB vs RDM debate?

AVB woulda lost that game 4-0
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2012
LOL

I think now would be an appropriate time to measure AVB vs RDM

Yet Knobheads like Nateevs still think its "New managers luck"

RDM has won all 4 games in the CL till date
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by broomstick: 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
Enthralling game of football. i think rode on luck at times but credits to them they defended exceptionally well. MOM for me is Ramirez,inspite of the criticism he's had, they ran his socks off, tracked every run.special mentions to Cahill,Cole, Mikel and the Drogba. I think Lampard has past it, absolute liability. Coogar is right afterall, here's my submission as a neutral.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2012
dayokanu: LOL

I think now would be an appropriate time to measure AVB vs RDM

Yet Knobheads like Nateevs still think its "New managers luck"

RDM has won all 4 games in the CL till date

One of the many reasons I can't stand you is your penchant to twist issues or isolate sentences to prove a point.
Can you find a post where I mentioned "New Manager's luck"?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
broomstick: Enthralling game of football. i think rode on luck at times but credits to them they defended exceptionally well. MOM for me is Ramirez,inspite of the criticism he's had, they ran his socks off, tracked every run.special mentions to Cahill,Cole, Mikel and the Drogba. I think Lampard has past it, absolute liability. Coogar is right afterall, here's my submission as a neutral.

thank u, mr broomstick.
anyone comparing lampard to mata in terms of performance this season is an absolute w@nker.
in a game like this where chelsea simply parked the bus, there was no need to even start mata.
he's not suited to stoke fc's kinda tactics. if the mentality is defensive, why play a creative
midfielder?

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (101)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (6 - 0) On 10th February 2019 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.