Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,524 members, 7,770,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:25 AM

North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died (7644 Views)

Kim Jong-un EXECUTES His Defence Minister By Anti-aircraft Fire - For Dozing Off / Kim Jong-un Of North-korea Executes Ex-girlfriend Publicly / North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by vabrida: 5:50am On Dec 19, 2011
Kim Jong Il, North Korea's mercurial and enigmatic leader whose iron rule and nuclear ambitions dominated world security fears for more than a decade, has died. He was 69.
Kim's death 17 years after he inherited power from his father was announced Monday by the state television from the North Korean capital, Pyongyang. The country's "Dear Leader" — reputed to have had a taste for cigars, cognac and gourmet cuisine — was believed to have had diabetes and heart disease.
North Korea has been grooming Kim's third son to take over power from his father in the impoverished nation that celebrates the ruling family with an intense cult of personality.
South Korea put its military on "high alert" and President Lee Myung-bak convened a national security council meeting after the news of Kim's death.
In a "special broadcast" Monday, state media said Kim died of a heart ailment on a train due to a "great mental and physical strain" on Saturday during a "high intensity field inspection."
Kim is believed to have suffered a stroke in 2008 but he had appeared relatively vigorous in photos and video from recent trips to China and Russia and in numerous trips around the country carefully documented by state media.
Kim Jong Il inherited power after his father, revered North Korean founder Kim Il Sung, died in 1994. He had been groomed for 20 years to lead the communist nation founded by his guerrilla fighter-turned-politician father and built according to the principle of "juche," or self-reliance.
In September 2010, Kim Jong Il unveiled his third son, the twenty-something Kim Jong Un, as his successor, putting him in high-ranking posts.

http://news.yahoo.com/north-korean-leader-kim-jong-il-69-died-030848603.html
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by ochukoccna: 5:58am On Dec 19, 2011
A young inexperienced 20 something year old rookie running a nuclear armed state?
What 'll the white haired army generals do? Let's see what tommorow brings.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by itiswell1(m): 6:34am On Dec 19, 2011
rip
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 19, 2011
Foreign affairs
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 19, 2011
Lol @ front page Edition of topic grin
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Mobinga: 8:21am On Dec 19, 2011
So the mods saw it fit to say "North Korea's problem has finally died. Yay".

That is not only senseless, but moronic. It's not everybody that feels happy about someone else's death. Now please have some common sense and put up a humane title.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by zamirikpo(m): 8:24am On Dec 19, 2011
hi nairalanders, i have omething really bordering me now, would have loved to post it on the main page but dont know how to go about it pls can someone put me through
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by executinal(m): 8:42am On Dec 19, 2011
r.i.p
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by logica(m): 8:55am On Dec 19, 2011
Interesting. A "Communist Monarchy". This IS an oxymoron. Indeed some animals are more equal than others.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by begwong: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2011
zamirikpo:

hi nairalanders, i have omething really bordering me now, would have loved to post it on the main page but dont know how to go about it pls can someone put me through
Post your mail using 'send a topic' icon at the section related to yr mail,it is now left for the moderator(s) of that section to place yr post on the front burner!
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by member479760: 9:03am On Dec 19, 2011

- Osama Bin laden Death
- Gadaffi  Death
- The fall of Mubarak
- Kim Jong II Death
and ---
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 19, 2011
RIP Jong
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 19, 2011
nakedall:

- Osama Bin laden Death
- Gadaffi  Death
- The fall of Mubarak
- Kim Jong II Death
and ---
Boko haram perhaps.

And somebody is surprised that the news is treated as good news
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by 1025: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2011
So the mods saw it fit to say "North Korea's problem has finally died. Yay".

That is not only senseless, but moronic. It's not everybody that feels happy about someone else's death. Now please have some common sense and put up a humane title.

@mobinga,
every news will end up as a good one to some while to others, it will be a bad one.
i am among those celebrating the death of this evil man so choose your side. when abacha died, we all celebrated but when yar adua died, some did while others did not. if , dies tomorrow, we will celebrate the end of fuel subsidy removal.
in case you are still not ready to understand, you can try and hug a functional transformer.
let this idiot die so that some lives will be saved.
in the same manner, anyone that will lead nigeria to lost of lives, let that one die today and tomorrow so that we will gather here to celebrate.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by sadyeek(m): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2011
The front page title of this topic is totally absurd, if there are actually moderators on this forum, they should change it. Even though its not suppose to be in the first place.

Its a sad news, a human died. More sad is 1 of the few remaining Resistance to the west is gone.
This guys are slowly capturing the world, God help us.

In my own opinion.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by tempest01(m): 9:52am On Dec 19, 2011
I think he chose his third son as a successor because they had the same believes and ideologies, I think he has been groomed for a time like this. Its to early to say North koreas problems are over.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by KayDee4: 9:53am On Dec 19, 2011
"North Korea's Problem Has Finally Died. Yay!"  undecided undecided

. . . . . . . . . . his son takes over and the show goes on. Nothing really changes.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by justwise(m): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2011
tempest01:

I think he chose his third son as a successor because they had the same believes and ideologies, I think he has been groomed for a time like this. Its to early to say North koreas problems are over.

That is true, the son is too young to control nuclear weapon and i fear for North Korea even more.

I really hope that the son put the interest of his people first than wasting money on nuclear weapon while his people die of hunger.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by snthesis(m): 10:15am On Dec 19, 2011
nakedall:

- Osama Bin laden Death
- Gadaffi Death
- The fall of Mubarak
- Kim Jong II Death
and ---
2012 is prepping up
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by dadicvila(m): 10:19am On Dec 19, 2011
South Korean Military suddenly at alert, na them kill the Man?? undecided undecided
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by lafuria1(m): 10:23am On Dec 19, 2011
Seriously hw has his death solve north korea prblms and wat are n.korea prblms?. U say he was evil, hw is dat too, was it wrong 4 him 2 hv a nuclear weapon. Any country dat d U.S paint as bad is automatically accepted by sme nigerians as bad. Wetin concern us wt n.korea. Did he engage any country to a nuclear war? Did he go about killin his pple. Finally y shld d 5 permanet U.N members b d only set of pple 2 own nuclear weapons and odas dont hv d rite 2. If war shld broke out, u think d U.S wont use dia nuclear weapon against iran eh.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by maclatunji: 10:27am On Dec 19, 2011
Seun, it is totally wrong to celebrate the death of a fellow human being with the way you posted this topic on the front page. Irrespective of whether or not you think he was evil- you have to respect the dead. It is something you should hold sacred- this your post makes me question your moral compass #Seriously
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by isquar3d3(m): 10:32am On Dec 19, 2011
Terrible heading! U think he chose his third son 2 take over frm him 4 nthng? Jong Un is as heady nd strongwilled as d late Jong Il. His older sons were 'weak' 2 him. He might be young bt lets hope he doesn't bcom worse dan his father.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by dadicvila(m): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2011
a man who is down fears no fall thats why am wary of countries like North Korea,they have notin to loose if they start a nuclear war,a country where the wealth is in the hands of mere 3%, but if it comes to conventional warfare South Korea will beat them into submission with modern war machines provided by the big bros, U.S.A kiss kiss
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Pain(m): 10:44am On Dec 19, 2011
So Kim Kardashian's Name Sake is Dead? cry cry
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by BlackBaron: 10:55am On Dec 19, 2011
For you all thinking N. Korea is cool tongue

You need to watch http://www.vice.com/the-vice-guide-to-travel/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-3

But doubt this signals the end of a totalitarian stranglehold on the country. . .
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Tuns71: 11:33am On Dec 19, 2011
Kim Jond Il successor-his 3rd son is 27yrs old(CNN). The mourned leader is a friend to the east for his communist policies and nuclear programmes but villain to the west for same reason. He too(Kim Jong Il) succeeded his own father(founder of North korea after WW2)) on July 8, 1994).
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by houvest: 11:41am On Dec 19, 2011
his son may turn out even worse and may evrn be the one to start off ww3 with its Mutually Assured |Destruction
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by maasoap(m): 11:50am On Dec 19, 2011
I'm of the opinion that the man achieved his goal before his demise and really brought respect for his country. It's not a new thing to see many zombie Nigerians who can't think freely but always regurgitating whatever America vomit. Can America, Israel and EU put together use their military might to threaten North Korea today? The answer is simple NO. Hunger and poverty in North Korea? We that are not nuclear armed, are we better than them socio-economically? At least, their leader made sure he won them the respect of the powerful nations before he died. RIP.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by moremi2008(m): 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2011
Some Nigerians are truly brain-dead. I came in here hoping I wouldn't find some knuckle-heads defending Kim Jong Il and mourning his death but low and behold, it was too much to expect this. I am sure there are some Nigerians that regret that the slave trade ended.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by Mobinga: 12:55pm On Dec 19, 2011
1025:

@mobinga,
every news will end up as a good one to some while to others, it will be a bad one.
i am among those celebrating the death of this evil man so choose your side. when abacha died, we all celebrated but when yar adua died, some did while others did not. if ,  dies tomorrow, we will celebrate the end of fuel subsidy removal.
in case you are still not ready to understand, you can try and hug a functional transformer.
let this  die so that some lives will be saved.
in the same manner, anyone that will lead nigeria to lost of lives, let that one die today and tomorrow so that we will gather here to celebrate.

In essence your saying its okay for the mods to head a thread, Ojukwu is dead. Thank God. It's offensive to one out of two parties.

There should be neutrality.

This just personifies the unintelligence of most Nigerians.
Re: North Korean Leader Kim Jong II, 69, Has Died by iykak47: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2011
I wonder why some people celebrate the death of their fellow human being as if they are above death.
The west hate the man because he had nuclear weapon, i dont blame the guy because America and Nato
would think twice before hitting any country that has such weapon and Iran is not unaware of this.
They deceived Ghadafi, he dismantled his own and we all know the result.
One of the main reasons North Korea economy has not recorverd is not because Kim jong Il was  evil as the west claim but because of wicked sanctions impose by those that believe they have monopoly of nuclear weapon.
MUST EVERY PRESIDENT  AGREE WITH AMERICA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Al Qaeda Looking To Target Planes In Europe, UK Security Minister Warns / An Ultra Modern Recreational Park In Kumasi-ghana / The Indians Lie Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.