Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President (7597 Views)

Nude Photos Of Diane Shima Rwigara, Rwanda's Presidential Candidate / Cindy Lee Campaigns Topless As French Presidential Candidate (Photos) / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
GOP candidate Carson: Islam inconsistent with Constitution; a Muslim shouldn't be president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ts2SMTJhI

WASHINGTON – Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson says he doesn't believe a Muslim should be elected president.

Carson is a devout Christian and says a president's faith should matter to voters if it runs counter to America's values.

Responding to a question on NBC's "Meet the Press," Carson describes the Islamic faith as inconsistent with the Constitution.

He says he "absolutely would not agree" that "we put a Muslim in charge of this nation."

Carson's comments come amid fallout over Republican Donald Trump's refusal last week to take issue with a man during a campaign event who wrongly called President Barack Obama a Muslim and said Muslims are "a problem in this country." Obama is Christian.

Carson says he believes that Obama was born in the U.S. and is Christian.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/20/gop-candidate-carson-islam-inconsistent-with-constitution-muslim-shouldnt-be/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Where I disagree with Carson is that I don't believe the POTUS is a Christian. See my thread for my reasons below:

https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-know-obama-not
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by Annunaki(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
Islam is also inconsistent with human values, muslims should not be allowed in any role of power.

2 Likes

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
Annunaki:

Islam is also inconsistent with human values, muslims should not be allowed in any role of power.

Is Sharia law compatible with democracy? How should sharia law work in a democratic government?

2 Likes

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by misreal(m): 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
I agree with Carson.

1 Like

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07am On Sep 22, 2015
misreal:

I agree with Carson.

Ben Carson must have been brave to make that statement knowing that it is not politically correct. It will only take a strong resolve and God's grace for him to win this election. I hope he wins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by misreal(m): 12:10am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Ben Carson must have been brave to make that statement knowing that it is not politically correct. It will only take a strong resolve and God's grace for him to win this election. I hope he wins.
he is truly a brave man.

1 Like

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13am On Sep 22, 2015
misreal:

he is truly a brave man.

Very much unlike the current POTUS. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by amalektch: 12:26am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Very much unlike the current POTUS. cool

Unlike the current POTUS, Carson doesnt actually have to govern. He can say any thing he likes and go to sleep with no responsibility whatsoever. When you have a responsibility, you mind what you say.

1 Like

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:51am On Sep 22, 2015
amalektch:

Unlike the current POTUS, Carson doesnt actually have to govern. He can say any thing he likes and go to sleep with no responsibility whatsoever. When you have a responsibility, you mind what you say.

The world is fed up of political correctness. What many people want to hear is the truth and not propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by amalektch: 2:15am On Sep 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The world is fed up of political correctness. What many people want to hear is the truth and not propaganda.

the world is equally fed up of political/cultural christians.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
amalektch:

the world is equally fed up of political/cultural christians.

What do you mean by political/cultural Christians?
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by mauriceju2(m): 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
every Moslem see shiria law as the supreme law of all law, so how will the do well in a democratic government?

2 Likes

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
mauriceju2:

every Moslem see shiria law as the supreme law of all law, so how will the do well in a democratic government?

It is their mandate to bring the world to its knees under Sharia law. Nigeria is a case study.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
mauriceju2:

Do you think a Muslim president would renounce the Sharia law?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by dalaman: 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

He will not win. He will not even be the republican nominee.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by dalaman: 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Ben Carson is a hypocrite propagandist in his own right.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by dalaman: 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
Where I disagree with Carson is that I don't believe the POTUS is a Christian. See my thread for my reasons below:

https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-know-obama-not

So what if Obama is not a christain? Americans love him as their President and they elected him twice, something Dr Carson can never be.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by dalaman: 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
The hypocrisy of Dr Ben Carson is blinding.

More about Dr. Ben Carson:
1. Raised by a single mother
2. Raised in public housing
3. Fed with food stamps.
4. Supported with welfare
5. Kept healthy with medicaid
6. Educated in public schools
7. Got eyeglasses from state agency
8. Benefited from affirmative action to enter college
9. Used federal loans and Pell grants in undergrad school
10. Benefited from affirmative action to enter medical school
11. Med school paid for with grant from USPHS*
12. Said: “The disintegration of the family unit and the welfare state are enslaving African-Americans and ruining their futures.”

Typical Tea Partier; He got his, he grew up on welfare and state support but wants to do away with Obama care, He wants the rest of Americans to be on their own after benefiting from the state.

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by amalektch: 2:49am On Sep 29, 2015
dalaman:
The hypocrisy of Dr Ben Carson is blinding.

More about Dr. Ben Carson:
1. Raised by a single mother
2. Raised in public housing
3. Fed with food stamps.
4. Supported with welfare
5. Kept healthy with medicaid
6. Educated in public schools
7. Got eyeglasses from state agency
8. Benefited from affirmative action to enter college
9. Used federal loans and Pell grants in undergrad school
10. Benefited from affirmative action to enter medical school
11. Med school paid for with grant from USPHS*
12. Said: “The disintegration of the family unit and the welfare state are enslaving African-Americans and ruining their futures.”

Typical Tea Partier; He got his, he grew up on welfare and state support but wants to do away with Obama care, He wants the rest of Americans to be on their own after benefiting from the state.

How else do you expect a black republican to get ahead in the republican party? The only reason he popped up as a viable candidate in the first place was using the national prayer breakfast to insult the president openly and call obamacare the worst thing since slavery. Anything else and no one would have given him the light of day.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by dalaman: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2015
amalektch:

How else do you expect a black republican to get ahead in the republican party? The only reason he popped up as a viable candidate in the first place was using the national prayer breakfast to insult the president openly and call obamacare the worst thing since slavery. Anything else and no one would have given him the light of day.

But someone like him that relied on the state for his education and was raised on welfare, should not condemn the very system that made him. He is just a ridiculous hypocrite.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2015
amalektch:

I am sure the Obama administration regretted the day they chose Ben Carson to speak at the prayer's breakfast because that was when Obama was taken to the cleaners. Watch the talk here: cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTdtL-hirRg
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31am On Sep 29, 2015
amalektch:

Why don't you address the OP and stop looking for emotional support? undecided
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by Seun(m): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ben Carson has the right temperament for a good leader, but the problem is that he believes so many wrong things because his entire life has been faith-based. Like all high achieving people of faith, he has developed the ability to shut down his highly intelligent brain whenever it's telling him something that is contrary to his faith. He wouldn't be as disastrous as Fiorina/Cruz because he will actually listen to advice when the advice does not contradict his religious beliefs, and he would continue Obama's legacy of avoiding actions that would make the world hate America. I think he hopes to be picked as a running mate to Donald Trump if Trump wins the nomination, but a JJC-JJC ticket makes no sense.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by dalaman: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
Seun:
Ben Carson has the right temperament for a good leader, but the problem is that he believes so many wrong things because his entire life has been faith-based. Like all high achieving people of faith, he has developed the ability to shut down his highly intelligent brain whenever it's telling him something that is contrary to his faith. He wouldn't be as disastrous as Fiorina/Cruz because he will actually listen to advice when the advice does not contradict his religious beliefs, and he would continue Obama's legacy of avoiding actions that would make the world hate America. I think he hopes to be picked as a running mate to Donald Trump if Trump wins the nomination, but a JJC-JJC ticket makes no sense.

He will not make a good president because he is a hypocrite. He wants to end the same welfare system that made him , the same welfare system that gave him all what he wanted while growing up as a child of a single mother who was poor. He religious conservative like him can not be president of the US at moments like this.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by biikeys(m): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
Seun:

He is actually someone that doesn't like to offend people as much as possible and likes to think things out deeply..which will make him an Obama-style pragmatic president. I think America needs a shade of the perceived firm, powerful presidency alongside that.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by amalektch: 2:56am On Sep 30, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I am sure the Obama administration regretted the day they chose Ben Carson to speak at the prayer's breakfast because that was when Obama was taken to the cleaners. Watch the talk here: cheesy

... and they care because? You know they care how? Obama will leave in 2017 and go down in the record books as one of America's presidents. Ben Carson will be forgotten.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by amalektch: 2:56am On Sep 30, 2015
dalaman:

But someone like him that relied on the state for his education and was raised on welfare, should not condemn the very system that made him. He is just a ridiculous hypocrite.

how do you expect him to get any traction in the party of white supremacy if he is not trashing fellow blacks?
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by dalaman: 3:10am On Sep 30, 2015
amalektch:

how do you expect him to get any traction in the party of white supremacy if he is not trashing fellow blacks?

Then he should leave the republican party since they are a party of racist and are making him act like a hypocrite.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by amalektch: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2015
dalaman:

Then he should leave the republican party since they are a party of racist and are making him act like a hypocrite.

Why would he? When he can make money lampooning democrats on fox.
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by birdman(m): 11:59am On Oct 01, 2015
biikeys:

He is actually someone that doesn't like to offend people as much as possible and likes to think things out deeply..which will make him an Obama-style pragmatic president. I think America needs a shade of the perceived firm, powerful presidency alongside that.

As Obama as shown, America doesnt do well with presidents that are too cerebral, so I can see a Carson presidency as a a foreign policy disaster. Plus the fact that he has managed to avoid even talking about police brutality, blacklivesmatter etc tells me all I really need to know. He reminds me of Condi Rice - very smart, used civil rights movement to advance, then got to the top and started singing another tune. When push comes to shove at the primaries, he is going down the same way previous black republicans have eg Herman Cain, Alan Keyes
Re: GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
amalektch:

... and they care because? You know they care how? Obama will leave in 2017 and go down in the record books as one of America's presidents. Ben Carson will be forgotten.

In my opinion Obama has made it difficult for African Americans who have the ambition to contest in the presidential election. It will take a miracle for Ben Carson to win due to the collateral damage Obama has caused by his policies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

India Considers Wheat Imports From Russia At Discount To Calm Prices / Protest Begins In Libya / Top 12 Most Racist Countries In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.