Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,162 members, 7,845,823 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! (2808 Views)

Finally! Alison-madueke Honours London Police Invitation. / Police Recovers Bombs, IED In Yobe (photos) / Erhiatake Ibori Wins House Of Assembly Seat In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 02, 2007
I feel like crying for naija when i read stories like this!! hah o ma se o. Niger deltans would continue to rot in penury while their "heroes" loot them to the bones. Please from now on, no niger deltan should open mouth complain again about the conditions there, as they have shown that they are a people that that rejoice for thieves, support theives and protect thieves. 

LAGOS — A LONDON court yesterday lifted its August 2, 2007 worldwide order preventing the immediate past governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori, Erin Aviation and others from dealing with their £35 million property in London.

The Southwark Crown Court also ordered the Crime Prosecution Service which brought the matter against Chief Ibori and the other parties to pay costs in respect of the restraint order.

Judge Goymer declared that the evidence against Chief Ibori was not strong enough to sustain the order. Counsel for the Crown, Jonathan Hall, had conceded at the hearing on August 2, 2007 that there was “something of a dearth of evidence against James Ibori.”

Judge Goymer had also said that at the resumed hearing yesterday he would “need to be satisfied that the Crown had made progress” and that “there was a real prospect of prosecuting the Respondent.”
Judge Goymer deemed “two months sufficient opportunity for the Crown to interview Chief Ibori and reach a decision on whether or not to charge him.”

Mr Hall relied heavily on Chief Ibori’s alleged false declarations as evidence of corruption - “false declarations alone do not give rise to corruption.”

Chief Ibori’s counsel, Mr. Ivan Pearce, in his defence said “there is no predicate offence in Nigeria.”
Judge Goymer in his judgment said: “I have allowed the Crown two months to put new material before the Court to support the allegations against Chief Ibori. If anything, on the material before me today there is less cause for me to believe that Chief Ibori has benefitted from criminal conduct in Nigeria.”

Celebrations in Delta

Reacting to the development, the Delta State government through the Commissioner for Information, Mr Oma Djebah, said: “This is not just a victory for Chief James Onanefe Ibori but also a victory for all Deltans both in the state and in the diaspora as well as the state government.”

He said the court’s decision was widely welcomed in the state and greeted with jubilation in places like Asaba, Warri, Sapele and Ughelli. “People were calling me from Warri when they heard the news over the radio. So, all Deltans were in jubilation,” he said.
Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan yesterday directed that there would be a thanksgiving service at the City Hall, Government House, Asaba to express gratitude to God for the victory.

“The thanksgiving, Mr Djebahsaid, “will serve as an avenue to thank all Deltans for their solidarity, love and demonstration of commitment to the three-point agenda of Dr Uduaghan‘s administration.”

“It is in demonstration of Governor Uduaghan‘s gratitude to God for the victory which has brought tremendous joy and further happiness across the state, that a thanksgiving be held tomorrow (today) to thank God and celebrate with all people of Delta State for their show of love and overwhelming support,” the commissioner stated.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/headline/f102102007.html
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by iykrion(m): 1:33am On Oct 02, 2007
shocked shocked shocked
Part of the wind of change blowing in Nigeria grin
Na wah ooo!
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by almondjoy(f): 3:05am On Oct 02, 2007
iykrion:

shocked shocked shocked
Part of the wind of change blowing in Nigeria grin
Na wah ooo!

Yes oh!  "Sweet Wind"!!!! cheesy
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by eagleu: 6:47am On Oct 02, 2007
So why are they rejoicing again?

Because, despite all the legal technicalities, Ibori still emassed property worth 35 million pounds- probably belonging to his own people who ironically are 'rejoicing' for having been robbed?

1 Like

Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by YangaRat: 7:20am On Oct 02, 2007
EagleU, na true talk you talk so. Look this man when teef 35 million pounds from state treasury, come go hide am for London bank, take the remainder buy house up and down for Britain.

Instead make him country people suspect am say na for where one man go fit see that kind heavy money if no be say he teef am for treasury, na rejoice dem dey rejoice when news reach them say the man don bribe one Lagos court to write magistrate order say make London police no go sieze that stolen money and property for UK.

All these mumu people when dey dance dey praise the man when loot all their gofment treasury finish, if dem fit manage see person when teef ordinary 5 naira fish for market, dem go line up to beat am to death and burn him dead body with moto tire, say na teef wey God don catch am.

All this matter prove say Nigeria people really love BIG teef when dey chop the whole of gofment treasury, but them HATE small teef when hungry force am to carry 5 naira fish.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by eagleu: 9:16am On Oct 02, 2007
That 35 million pounds= good roads, schools, hospitals, portable water, and government workers salary for delta people.

How else could he have made that much money while in office for the pst 8 years?

In China, you what could have happened to people like Ibori, Nnamani, etc?
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by McKren(m): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2007
Ibori obviously won this case because when London Met police came to visit the AGF Micheal Aondoakaa, the AGF simply refused to see London Met police but instead wrote a letter to Ibori's counsel stating that Ibori has no case to answer.

Thus the Judge at southwark crown court simply threw out the case for lack of strong evidence.

A clear example of fighting corruption through due process in President Yaradua's Nigeria.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by almondjoy(f): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2007
obviously some legs are longer and wider than others in Nigeria, like everywhere else in the world. undecided
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by McKren(m): 10:42am On Oct 02, 2007
How Attorney General, Michael Aondokaa stopped Ibori's case in London, Southwark Crown Court unfreezes his assets

Last View on Tue 2nd October, 2007
Last Modified on Tue 02nd October, 2007 3:43:31 am
Author: Admin Sahara

Attorney General, Michael Aondokaa stops Ibori's case
in London, Southwark Crown Court unfreezes his assets
By Saharareporters

Efforts by Nigeria's Attorney General, Michael Aondaokaa, to sabotage the prosecution of corrupt former and serving governors and other public officials bore big fruit in a London Court earlier today.

The Southwark Crown Court sitting in London earlier today lifted the restraining order placed on the worldwide assets of James Ibori, former Delta State governor. The court had on August 2, 2007 issued a freeze order on Ibori's worldwide assets estimated at $35 million. The ruling came as a result of a money laundering case the Metropolitan Police brought against the former governor.

In reviewing the order today, the court decided against granting more time to the Metropolitan Police,and therefore lifted the order.

Saharareporters has reliably learnt that Ibori's high-priced lawyers used a letter from Aondoakaa as a trump card to secure their temporary legal victory.
The court's decision to unfreeze Ibori's assets followed a cleverly crafted response to Ibori’s lawyers dated August 7th, 2007 issued by Attorney General Michael Aondoakaa in which he was replying to inquiries by James Ibori’s lawyers seeking to find out if he –Ibori-was being investigated by any agency of the Nigerian government.

The letter, a reply to this bogus inquiry, asserted that the Nigerian government did not regard Ibori as a subject of any money laundering investigations at present, though it admitted that the former governor was investigated while he was in office.

"Ibori got off on the basis of Aondoakaa's blatant lie," said one irate commentator, a London-based professional who is originally from Delta State who was present in court. "The AGF knows that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has a dossier on the former Delta governor. Aondoakaa has is securing his legacy as the attorney general of the corrupt leagues," he added.

Not only did Aondoakaa present a false testament to the British court, we have also learned that the content of the letter was not disclosed to the Metropolitan Police or their lawyers. Instead, Ibori's lawyers presented the letter in court at the hearing today. It was a joker that the judge could not ignore.

Saharareporters had reported in the past about the existence of a letter or affidavit issued by Attorney General Aondoakaa to exonerate Ibori and help him beat his rap in London.

Though the Press Bureau of the Metropolitan Police has not issued an official public statement on today's ruling, Saharareporters learnt that the British Foreign office and the police are meeting to come up with a plan to appeal the ruling. An anonymous source at the Mets told our reporters that "the odds are great that this will be appealed at a higher court."

Sources at the EFCC said the anti-graft agency was in shock over the ruling and the reported role of the Attorney General in the case. They vowed that the case in London will not interfere with their on-going investigations of Ibori in Nigeria. The EFCC source told Saharareporters that they have reached a stage at their local investigations that they can arrest and prosecute James Ibori whenever he returns to Nigeria. The London Metropolitan Police source also said the investigations of Ibori's corruption continues, they cited the case of his sister, Christine Ibie, mistress , Amaka Okoronkwo and his former assistant, Adebimpe Pogoson as a testimony of their determination to nail James Ibori, these three close relatives of James Ibori were recently re-bailed from Met's custody and are scheduled to return in November for possible prosecution.

Several weeks ago, fearing that the EFCC was about to arrest him, Ibori slipped out of Nigeria and headed first for South Africa and then to the U.S. He has since being living in Miami, Florida. Last week, he sneaked into New York where he met with Yar'adua to discuss his return to Nigeria. A source at that secret meetings said Yar'adua had assured Ibori that if he can clear "the London mess," he should feel free to return to Nigeria anytime as the government would then rely on an on-going court case involving Ibori and Delta State elders at the Appeal Court to stall further investigations by the EFCC.

Before leaving the US, where he had addressed the UN Special Assembly, Yar'adua confirmed in interviews that he met with some of his former corrupt colleagues in New York, saying he didn't see anything wrong with it. However, he denied ever interfering with the current anti-corruption investigation of his former colleagues.

The Ibori case will test Yar'adua's credibility. A source close to Ibori said the former governor continues to brag that Yar'adua has no option but to shield him, noting that Yar'adua's stolen mandate was made possible by the N10 billion of Delta State funds that the former governor funneled into the
presidential campaign.

Meanwhile, Saharareporters has also learnt that a coalition of former governors facing corruption charges are pressuring Yar'adua to remove the EFCC's Nuhu Ribadu before the week runs out.

www.saharareporters.com
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by iykrion(m): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2007
McKren:

Ibori obviously won this case because when London Met police came to visit the AGF Micheal Aondoakaa, the AGF simply refused to see London Met police but instead wrote a letter to Ibori's counsel stating that Ibori has no case to answer.

Thus the Judge at southwark crown court simply threw out the case for lack of strong evidence.

A clear example of fighting corruption through due process in President Yaradua's Nigeria.

Oho! embarassed embarassed shocked shocked, this wind of change is gradually turning to hurricane Yar'Adua. We are still watching.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by mazaje(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2007
We are still watching.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by ono(m): 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2007
Truth be told, Ibori did extremely well in Delta, while he was governor of that state. Just go to the major towns and villages in Delta to see things for yourself.

I have been in Portharcourt for more than a year now, and have gone round the town a bit. There's practically nothing to write home about in this place. Ordinary Yenagoa of yestreday can now boast of steady power supply, good roads etc etc. . . . things work in Yenagoa.

All those dragging Ibori to court . . . . and I mean any court for that matter. . . . . are wasting their precious time and energy. The man is loved by his people at home and in the diaspora. So, why waste precious resources on nothing useful?
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by IykeD1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2007
@ono

All those dragging Ibori to court . . . . and I mean any court for that matter. . . . . are wasting
their precious time and energy. The man is loved by his people at home and in the diaspora.
So, why waste precious resources on nothing useful?

I think you are over-generalizing way too much. I am from Delta state and while the infrastructure
on the ground are much better than what you will find in other counterpart states in the region, its
still no excuse for Ibori to have stolen whatever he did from the state (if true indeed). Clearly, its
hard for Ibori to justify a 35million pounds assets (not even factoring what is in Nigeria or under the
care of fronts).

Also, as for him being loved at home and in the diaspora by his people, that is also a stretch. I can
tell you that the Urhobos are more antagonistic towards him than anyone else. I doubt very much
if they will give a hoot whether he is off the hook or not.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by naijaking1: 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2007
ono:

Truth be told, Ibori did extremely well in Delta, while he was governor of that state. Just go to the major towns and villages in Delta to see things for yourself.
All those dragging Ibori to court . . . . and I mean any court for that matter. . . . . are wasting their precious time and energy. The man is loved by his people at home and in the diaspora. So, why waste precious resources on nothing useful?

If Ibori did well in Delta, could you imagine how much extremely better he could have done with the additional 35 million pounds of his people's money he stashed away in a foreign land.

35 million pounds, ie $70 million, or 7 Billion naira. That is more roads, hospitals, schools, and salary like eagleu said.
Ono, are you saying that Deltans have enough of these facilities? In a state where the income per capita is less than $800/year, someone had the gut to steal $70million, and worse still people like Ono has the moral deprivity to praise him.

Ono, I used to think that you're a couragious Niger Delta fighter, but your warped views of progress in Delta during Ibori's regime explains your warped view of Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by almondjoy(f): 12:04am On Oct 03, 2007
;d :d ;d :d ;d
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by yvy1(f): 12:14am On Oct 03, 2007
ono:

the street in front of my father's house in Agbor has never been tarred. The Lagos/Asaba road is a deathtrap. The road in front of Obi's palace was just graded and not tarred. After 8 yrs in power. Isn't Federalism all about bringing the government closer to the grassroots? I'll reserve the insult of half current for the Federal Government

Pls explain to me 'what is extremely well'
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by almondjoy(f): 12:32am On Oct 03, 2007
yvy1:

the street in front of my father's house in Agbor has never been tarred. The Lagos/Asaba road is a deathtrap. The road in front of Obi's palace was just graded and not tarred. After 8 years in power. Isn't Federalism all about bringing the government closer to the grassroots? I'll reserve the insult of half current for the Federal Government

Please explain to me 'what is extremely well'

The guy is in N'Djamena for christ's sake.  How would he know? shocked
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by naijaking1: 2:04am On Oct 03, 2007
I am appalled by the so-called celebration by Deltans, and by people like ONO.

It's like a child celebrating the victory of the thief who stole his lunch for 8 years. It doesn't make sense.

Ibori's victory is not that he was falsely accused of stashing away 35 million pounds, but that with some help from our current attorney general and President, the money he stolen would be returned to him.------ maybe, with interest!
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by ochocinco1(m): 2:05am On Oct 03, 2007
almondjoy:

The guy is in N'Djamena for christ's sake. How would he know? shocked

Better people dey go Paris, London, Tokyo, New York
my guy dey go N'djamena. He might as well have hopped
across the border and lived in Darfur cheesy
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by ono(m): 10:45am On Oct 03, 2007
Iyke-D,
I like the way you have expressed your thoughts up there compared to the others. So, I will reply your entry. Beside, I don't have much time to waste on posts that do not carry any weight these days.

So you see, untill such a time that Ibori is convicted of any crime, by any court for that matter, the man remains a free man. Maybe I kind of  ''over-generalised'' his ''innocence'' of all the charges proffered against him, and maybe the Urhobos do not llike him that much or at all, what is clear to all is that he did so much for Delta while he was governor. I'm not a mouthpiece for the man and I don't even know him from Adams, but I have gone round Delta State to see things for myself. It's only a shortsighted person who would think that being a governor of a rich state would amount to ''feeding'' everybody in the state fat!

The projects on ground in Delta are reputed to be of high standard compared to those of any other state in the country. From Bomadi Bridge linking the Ijaw waterside to other parts of the state, Omadino bridge, renovated and dualised Airport road, the new Warri City stadium, the now motorable Warri-Benin dual carriage way, the drainage systems in most parts of Warri, the high standard of Secondary education in Delta - thanks to the efforts of the immediate past Commissioner of Education - Mrs Veronica Ogbuagwu, facilities at the State University and almost all the secondary schools in the state to a host of others not mentioned here. The efforts of Ibori at restoring the lost glory of Warri in particular and Delta State in general is one that will stand the test of time.

I think Ibori strategy is the ''chop-I-chop'' type. Much as it cannot be ruled out that he pilfered from the state treasury, it cannot be disputed that he made a huge impact on the lives of many in Delta State.  Get my point now?
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by chidichris(m): 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2007
why was london met police visiting the agf instead of efcc?
are we not seeing some invisible hands in the matter?
all na game. the truth of the matter is that some people are too big for the country simply because they will surely implicate the big boys in one way or the other.
how come no one is asking what happened to the much tensed atiku issue.
he (atiku) was out to take obj along to the pit so the best option is to let him be especially when the intention to deny him april polls was achieved.
the efcc shld even stop further investigations and finish atiku issue first.
the pdp power plays are coursing nigeria and nigerians a lot of fortune
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by ono(m): 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2007
Several weeks ago, fearing that the EFCC was about to arrest him, Ibori slipped out of Nigeria and headed first for South Africa and then to the US. He has since being living in Miami, Florida. Last week, he sneaked into New York where he met with Yar'adua to discuss his return to Nigeria. A source at that secret meetings said Yar'adua had assured Ibori that if he can clear "the London mess,"

This Saharareporters people. Me, I fear them sha. And I don't think I'll advice anyone to just ''believe'' their story just like that.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by almondjoy(f): 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2007
Yes!  To Ibori, everything ends in warri to the detriment of other areas in delta state.  Some are still waiting for evidence of his guilt or innocence,  Where in the world did he amass wealth coming to 35 million pounds?  Has anyone seen his estates in London?   Someone of abject obscurity 8 years ago.  A cab driver in London and a bouncer at a night club?  His political birth is worrrisome--from a legacy of obscurity.  A former-Abacha boy!

Please all these so-called projects mentioned by Ono are ghost projects.  Look at the so called dualization of Benin-Asaba Road. Of course, the dualization of Benin-Warri road will be a state of the art affair. Any thing warri--gets the best!  You still have to deviate  through the "bushes" to make your journey wholesome.  As for the schools?  Pooh-Pooh!  Any school system without library facilities is just a waste of time.  Schools that are just building structures without necessary amenities to make any difference in the lives of the subjects or should I say "victims" of Nigerian educational system.

Point of correction:  The deltans rejoicing are from Warri and not the other areas of delta state that have been terribly marginalized by Ibori and his clan.  After all, his operated state affairs from Warri and Oghara.  Rarely did he spend time in the so called state capital Asaba.  Only for ceremonial occasions or when passing by to see his "friends".  So who are we fooling here?

Then man goofed.  His chop-I-chop sydrome does not make him less a crook that than Igbinedion or Odili or any other governer in Nigeria under OBJ.  They all did nothing but take Nigeria several ages back.  Now Usman---Finance minister, wants to borrow more money to save Nigeria.  Back to IMF days.  Only because the treasury has been so pilfered by OBJ and his boys and girls, that nothing can function with what was left in there.  Poor Yaradua!

So Ono, please say something else!  We do not need saharareporters to tell us about Nigeria.  One visit to Nigeria and you know the whole story.  See for yourself and clear all doubt.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by osereka(m): 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2007
SO they rejoice for
theif ibori and theif alarm
BUT LATTER THEY SHOUT MARGINALIZATION BY THE NORTH
remember theif ibori and theif alarm no be from north o.
and the money they stole, no be north get am o

na una shear of the national cake those theif de carry go buy
house for london so.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by McKren(m): 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2007
I think Nigerians should wake up from slumber!!!!!!!!!!!

People should stop calling for Aondoakaa's sack and start attacking President Yaradua' s anti-corruption policies, how difficult is it to understand this President's sloppiness in the fight against corruption.

Aondoakaa is simply doing Yaradua's dirty job.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by ono(m): 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2007
almondjoy:

Yes!  To Ibori, everything ends in Warri to the detriment of other areas in delta state.

Warri is at the heart of Delta State. That place deserves all the attention it can get. You sound like someone from the northern part of Delta. Well, as far as I am concerned, the Anioma area of Delta state is a separate state of it's own. I'll say it's a part of Anambra State. The people over there had better ask for their own state - another Edo state? from the FG. I say this not because I have anything against the Aniomas; but because of what I've read about the utterances of the leaders of that area in the past. And that's an entirely different subject of discussion.

almondjoy:

Please all these so-called projects mentioned by Ono are ghost projects.
Well, let them be ghost project. I was at Bomadi a couple of years back. And I saw that Bomadi bridge commissioned by OBJ and reputed to be one of the biggest project ever embarked upon by any state government. It might be a ghost project to you; but I know the Ijaws called Ibori their Deputy Governor General of Ijawland for that feat.

If Asaba and environs did not benefit from the present arrangement, you'd better search inward and know where your people have gone astray.

almondjoy:

Some are still waiting for evidence of his guilt or innocence,  Where in the world did he amass wealth coming to 35 million pounds?  Has anyone seen his estates in London?   Someone of abject obscurity 8 years ago.  A cab driver in London and a bouncer at a night club?  His political birth is worrrisome--from a legacy of obscurity.  A former-Abacha boy!

You seem to know so much about Ibori's pasts. Those ones you've dug out are stale. Bring up something pretty fresh.
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by almondjoy(f): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2007
McKren:

I think Nigerians should wake up from slumber!!!!!!!!!!!

People should stop calling for Aondoakaa's sack and[b] start attacking President Yaradua' s anti-corruption policies,[/b] how difficult is it to understand this President's sloppiness in the fight against corruption.

Aondoakaa is simply doing Yaradua's dirty job.

Please you can't blame him.  He is only doing what those that elected him asked him to do.  A product of the legacy of Nigerian politics.  Wait till Jonathan Goodluck takes over after those kidneys pack up.  Then you will see that the games have not even started. Madam Etteh is just a "child's play" event.  We are going back to surviving on IMF loans.  Mark my words!

1 Like

Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by osereka(m): 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2007
YOU MEAN NA MALLAM YARADUA GO FIRST DIE?
nna you wicked o
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by almondjoy(f): 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2007
ono:

Warri is at the heart of Delta State. That place deserves all the attention it can get. You sound like someone from the northern part of Delta.

Well, as far as I am concerned, the Anioma area of Delta state is a separate state of it's own. I'll say it's a part of Anambra State. The people over there had better ask for their own state -

another Edo state? from the FG. I say this not because I have anything against the Aniomas; but because of what I've read about the utterances of the leaders of that area in the past. And that's an entirely different subject of discussion.

2.0Well, let them be ghost project. I was at Bomadi a couple of years back. And I saw that Bomadi bridge commissioned by OBJ and reputed to be one of the biggest project ever embarked upon by any state government. It might be a ghost project to you; but I know the Ijaws called Ibori their [b]Deputy Governor General of Ijawland for that feat.[/b]

If Asaba and environs did not benefit from the present arrangement, you'd better search inward and know where your people have gone astray.

You seem to know so much about Ibori's pasts. Those ones you've dug out are stale. Bring up something pretty fresh.

I am not from Delta state --- It does not really make a difference anyway. The good news is that with all the stolen wealth in Delta state all the people of warri can boast of is armed robbery and toutism.  Educational achievement is at an all time low in the warri area.  You think God is asleep.  Nothing to show for it.  As the youths take to the favorite past time of ravaging and looting the environment.  The area headquarters of Nigeria.  Nothing good comes out of there so why should I be bothered?  

Let us not forget the work ethics.  Area fathers provide for their young ones there and so no need to procure any gainful employment.  So the money stolen by Ibori and co will keep being wasted for salvaging the lives of touts that will never see any future besides stealing and looting.  No need to wait for God's punishment.  They are receiving it here on earth for being the chosen ones of "areaness" in Nigeria!!!

As for the residents of Anioma and Asaba or whatever they call themselves--they are also getting their just rewards.  It is tha Nigerian symdrome of complete social  and moral decadence in the stinking poitics of Nigeria.  I am only a devils advocate and do not really care what happens to Nigerians who cannot take control of their furture. let them all burn. kiss  We are discussing the loot of 35million pounds and how it has not improved the lifes of you waffarians---how can this be stale? tongue  Fresh of the wire.

You are one of the separatists in Nairaland---I wish you and your dreams well. Anioma should have their own state so the loot can finally come to warri and oghara? cheesy Well done! Like I said who cares. You are not going to be better off anyhow. "Areaness" is your calling in life!
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by osereka(m): 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2007
ha!
Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by almondjoy(f): 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2007
osereka:

YOU MEAN NA MALLAM YARADUA GO FIRST DIE?
nna you wicked o

No it is not wickedness.  It is obvious that the man will not survive the mayhem that awaits him.  Surrounded by area fathers, sons and daughters of Nigeria?  I am not wishing him death, do not get me wrong. My prediction is that he will not survive the next 71/2 months of his tenure.   The dude is such a weakling.  I think someone might just poison him--get rid of him the good old Nigerian mafia war.  Then my real fear will consume me.   The fear of Jonathan Goodluck  ruling Nigeria in Ibori's style---area father style!  Nigeria will totally die as a country never to be revived.  Mark my words!

1 Like

Re: Ibori Wins Against London Police, Recovers £35m Assets. Deltans Rejoice! by ono(m): 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2007
almondjoy:

I am not from Delta state --- It does not really make a difference anyway. The good news is that with all the stolen wealth in Delta state all the people of warri can boast of is armed robbery and toutism.  Educational achievement is at an all time low in the warri area.  You think God is asleep.  Nothing to show for it.  As the youths take to the favorite past time of ravaging and looting the environment.  The area headquarters of Nigeria.  Nothing good comes out of there so why should I be bothered?  

Let us not forget the work ethics.  Area fathers provide for their young ones there and so no need to procure any gainful employment.  So the money stolen by Ibori and co will keep being wasted for salvaging the lives of touts that will never see any future besides stealing and looting.  No need to wait for God's punishment.  They are receiving it here on earth for being the chosen ones of "areaness" in Nigeria!!!

As for the residents of Anioma and Asaba or whatever they call themselves--they are also getting their just rewards.  It is tha Nigerian symdrome of complete social  and moral decadence in the stinking poitics of Nigeria.  I am only a devils advocate and do not really care what happens to Nigerians who cannot take control of their furture. let them all burn. kiss

Then I suggest you stick your nose where you deem fit and stay clear of other peoples business. Why make the problems in Delta state your own? I think you should have enough to grapple with where ever you come from. Take some time out, think about the problems of your state and come and discuss it with us here. You never know, we can help suggest some useful solutions to your state's problems. Your state sure have some problems to tackle, right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judge Disqualifies Self From $180m Halliburton Bribe Case ! / Igbinedion To Face Corruption Charges Today / Emirs Leave Palaces As Buhari Visits: In Nasarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.