Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,543 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection (25681 Views)

Tinubu’s Massive Looting Of Lagos Uncovered…the Chagoury, Remi Tinubu Connection / What Do Nigerians Do With The Tinubu Documentary?- ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (punch) / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by abbey621(m): 6:26am On Dec 21, 2011
I for one believe the poster and his supporters are smoking crack! Agree, Fashola and Tinubu are probably exploiting their positions but by no means are they sucking the Lagos population dry, in fact, out of all the states in Nigeria, Lagos still remains the most developed and most lucrative for businesses. The sad truth is that most Lagosians don't pay their fair share of tax, including most of you here on Nairaland. Apart from taxes, most Lagosians are fond of blaming the government when they themselves are the ones spoiling the states, imagine the government spent billions on drainage systems only for it to be cluttered by people dumping trash and waste into drains. You claim that the government is not doing anything but you would rather spend the little you make on beer and party than to save for rainy days. The government is not the solution to all problems and should not be relied upon to do everything, what ACN has done in Lagos should not be underestimated and never taken for granted, sure TINUBU and FASHOLA embezzle money but at the same time they've helped developed Lagos and are a lot better than PDP, who would have embezzled just as much with nothing to show for it.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by moremi2008(m): 6:51am On Dec 21, 2011
abbey621:

I for one believe the poster and his supporters are smoking crack! Agree, Fashola and Tinubu are probably exploiting their positions but by no means are they sucking the Lagos population dry, in fact, out of all the states in Nigeria, Lagos still remains the most developed and most lucrative for businesses. The sad truth is that most Lagosians don't pay their fair share of tax, including most of you here on Nairaland. Apart from taxes, most Lagosians are fond of blaming the government when they themselves are the ones spoiling the states, imagine the government spent billions on drainage systems only for it to be cluttered by people dumping trash and waste into drains. You claim that the government is not doing anything but you would rather spend the little you make on beer and party than to save for rainy days. The government is not the solution to all problems and should not be relied upon to do everything, what ACN has done in Lagos should not be underestimated and never taken for granted, sure TINUBU and FASHOLA embezzle money but at the same time they've helped developed Lagos and are a lot better than PDP, who would have embezzled just as much with nothing to show for it.

You do realize that Lagos State levies a huge state tax on businesses and employees, right? You also do realize that a lot of his so-called improvements are funded with HUGE amounts of public debt? Are you also aware that his so-called PPP projects are just hand-outs to Tinubu and his boys? If you call this progress, then you must be out of your mind. When governors in other states are looting the public treasury, most people look away because it's Federal allocation money, but when you are taxing people's daily bread, tolling their means of livelihoods and then stealing the proceeds, then you are a bastard that isn't worthy of life. God will judge Fashola and Tinubu (and all their children and descendants) according to the works of their hands. They have stolen from poor widows and orphans but God sits in heaven and laughs because their end will not be good. Shelah.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by nsiadi: 7:41am On Dec 21, 2011
@ eko ile
Being foul mouthed pays nothing
Play to the rule, & try to distinguish dry jokes from pun
By the way you failed to confirm something,
Does Tinubu insult people in authority recklessly these days?
Plea bargain has many colours, can you contest that too?

@Macc Anthon
Thanks for cautioning our friend eko ile
Hope he still has the capacity to nibble since he seems to be fishyyyyyyyyy
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by gonon: 9:31am On Dec 21, 2011
As far as am concerned any politician, no matter what party, is corrupt. They keep destroying other parties ideas, while not providing solutions to any issue. Bastards
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by mrjingles(m): 9:35am On Dec 21, 2011
This is a typical "dem say" thread, I don't know when posting long diatribes constitute facts. Anyway this is NLand, teeming with angry youths and armchair "experts".
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:36am On Dec 21, 2011
^^^ You have to accept that Eko_ile is an unrepentant, unapologetic, fully-committed and devoted Tinubu-lover. There is no way in Hell you will get him to see Tinubu in any other light that the one he reveals to his teeming masses of impoverished, desperate and utterly rascally Oduduwa minions.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:38am On Dec 21, 2011
mrjingles:

This is a typical "dem say" thread, I don't know when posting long diatribes constitute facts. Anyway this is NLand, teeming with angry youths and armchair "experts".

And your faculties of mental deduction are not sufficient abi? grin
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by debosky(m): 9:54am On Dec 21, 2011
The so called 'facts' are quite silly in some respects.

It claims the project started with rehabilitation in 2006, yet claims the project did not comply with the 2007 Public Procurement Act. Was the project supposed to be prescient to comply with future legislation? grin

The 'facts' claim that only 2km have been renovated, while the stretch rehabilitated from Falomo to the Lekki Roundabout is 6km - if you're going to call something a 'fact' then it better be accurate no? wink

If there is evidence that LCC asked for 1,000 hectares of land as payment, this should be easily verifiable within government records, where is the evidence?

If the initial agreement included the 4th mainland bridge and coastal road, etc, this should also be easily verifiable. Where is the evidence?

There is a lot fishy about the entire project, but a lot of this is pure speculation or regurgitation of previous rumours.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by DaDoctor: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2011

LAGOSIANS!!! GOOD MORNING!

THIS IS ONE IN A MILLION TO COME.
I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT. FASHOLA IS A STUDGE, TINUBU IS THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK. ENRINCHING HIMSELF.

HNNMMM. EKO ONI BAJE OH!!!
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:22am On Dec 21, 2011
Da Doctor:

LAGOSIANS!!! GOOD MORNING!

THIS IS ONE IN A MILLION TO COME.
I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT. FASHOLA IS A STUDGE, TINUBU IS THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK. ENRINCHING HIMSELF.

HNNMMM. EKO ONI BAJE OH!!!

A Misconception, Fashola is no Stooge, he is infact a Capone in this Racket, Tinubu is a Tiger slowly fading away - It must be tiring planning all this racket for a bleedin 8-yrs only for Fashola to take the cream in less than 4 yrs grin
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by babadlaw1(m): 11:12am On Dec 21, 2011
I'm not a politician but i never liked the party ACN, there is something fishy about the way they operate. Party full of thugs, now they think they own Lagos and can do nyhow, its only a matter of time.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by awuf2008: 11:32am On Dec 21, 2011
Why are you people crying foul now, afterall we all voted for him and most people belief is the messiah of our time. If he continues in this pace, the masses will one day rise up and do what is done in Libya, Egypt and Tunisia. Eko Oni Baje oooooooooooooooo
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Baawaa(m): 11:56am On Dec 21, 2011
Nigerians!!!What do we really want
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by megastu(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2011
Dear Posters,

I have never been so pained in my whole life like now. What pains me most is not that Tinubu and Fashola are using us like guinea pigs, rather it is the fact that Lagosians and probably Nigerians (Apart from northern Nigeria) are real cowards. Imagine people paying toll and complaining. I live in lekki and i will never pay that toll. This is total bull shit. Imagine, if you leave Ikoyi at 6pm, u get to chevron at 6.30pm, u dont get to Ajah until 9.30pm everyday. AH, THIS IS REALLY PAINFUL.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by megastu(m): 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2011
@ABBEY, You are taliking crap. Make i scan my tax clearance card show u. In my household, between my myself, my wife, her sister and cousin, we pay total yearly tax of over 1million to Lagos State Govt, yet we pay for our own water, estate security, burn our fuel for gen just name it. You dont live in lekki or lagos. U live in USA, even your USA, I have been there. I am tired of typing jare. One day sha, something will happen to correct this injustice.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by mrjingles(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

And your faculties of mental deduction are not sufficient abi?  grin
see what I mean? This is why I try to keep my posts short, but it still gives some people problems. Bros go drink your lager cos you are really in doubt now.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2011
mrjingles:

see what I mean? This is why I try to keep my posts short, but it still gives some people problems. Bros go drink your lager cos you are really in doubt now.

true talk. early friday grin
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by POTUT(m): 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2011
Tinubu and Fashola have not been sincere. Period!

Whatever Tinubu has sown, he will surely reap. Time will always tell.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by joeyfire(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
When I interact with majority of lagosians I wonder if eko oni baje is not an enchanted word designed to put a spell of ignorance on the weak minded. Its not
unheard of for naija state and federal governments to be innately corrupt, what scares the crap out of me is the deification of the oppressor. I'm happy that people are beginning to wisen up but lagosians need to take back their state from the company that lagos has become with lagosians as the customers. This lekki road gist stinks to high heavens but some people are just too replete with idiocy, follow follow mentality or wannabeism to speak the truth
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by daphil: 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
Sincerely, Lagosians are simply money generation machine for ACN. Where else do you expect them to generate funds if not lucrative state like Lasgos? They need to generate enough fund in order to bankroll the party expansion in other states. This can only be achieved by burdening Lagosians.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by joeyfire(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^ I blame obasanjo for creating this monster. His witholding of lagos state allocation gave tinubu free hand to tax the hell out of even birds in the air and people (me included) cheered him on because we hated obasanjo. Tinubu saw the opportunity and took it, now the rest is history
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by superior1: 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2011
daphil:

Sincerely, Lagosians are simply money generation machine for ACN. Where else do you expect them to generate funds if not lucrative state like Lasgos? They need to generate enough fund in order to bankroll the party expansion in other states. This can only be achieved by burdening Lagosians.

An ACN Local Govt Chairman told me this in private, you will be surprise at the amount deducted monthly from their allocation to finance ACN fuctions
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by MarcAnthon(m): 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2011
Like someone said earlier Lagosians are taxpayers so they have a right to be concerned about how their money is spent. The rest of Nigeria barely pays tax. I paid tax for a bit before leaving, hence I should be concerned too. Besides it's still my country.

Btw, thank you Debosky for the little you chipped in. No one in his right mind refutes irrefutable argument. We are not necessarily criticizing, we simply want to understand, and make the government understand also that we are watching, since the state assembly has lost its voice. But please stop asking for evidence, or dismissing these 'allegations'. When the opposition also accuses the Feds, no one asks for evidence to their claims. Just tell us why you think these allegations are illogical. Instead Mr Eko-ile and his ilk resort to insults.

So I have narrowed it down to these for anyone that has answers, don't forget that we already know the answer to some of these:

1. Is Tinubu the owner of LCC and ARM and part owner of HITECH? If yes, is it proper for a governor to award a contract to his consortium while in office? Does that not amount to malfeasance on his part?

2. Was there a competitive bid for the contract? Were there competing bids, quotes and professional evaluations from other parties?

3. Why would a road construction cost N1B per kilometer? Is the road made of gold? Is that not fraud of the highest order?

4. Why isn't there an alternative motorable road as exists in other parts of the world with tollable roads, so that it becomes the choice of the motorist whether or not he wants to go through the tolled road?

5. Why would any sane government agree to 3 toll plazas over a 50 km stretch and not put a cap over how much can be charged, thereby leaving the people it serves at the mercy of the greed of the contractors?

6. How does the rest of the project figure here? The 4th mainland bridge and the coastal road, what's the 411 on those?

PS: Please advice the government to have those guys pull down those fences along the road. It makes absolutely no sense at all. I have never seen the like before.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Dof: 4:31pm On Dec 21, 2011
It's now clearly shown that ACN started well but now planning to end up badly. Most of their program now does not have any meaningful impact on the people who voted for them.
Let just watch and see, time will judge them.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by johnie: 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
megastu:

Dear Posters,

I have never been so pained in my whole life like now. What pains me most is not that Tinubu and Fashola are using us like guinea pigs, rather it is the fact that Lagosians and probably Nigerians (Apart from northern Nigeria) are real cowards. Imagine people paying toll and complaining. I live in lekki and i will never pay that toll. This is total bull poo. Imagine, if you leave Ikoyi at 6pm, u get to chevron at 6.30pm, u dont get to Ajah until 9.30pm everyday. AH, THIS IS REALLY PAINFUL.

Megastu, you still that our end?

Long time! Na only once in a long while you[i] dey [/i] show face for these our Lekki threads nowadays.

Anyway, take am easy o. E go better!
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by abbey621(m): 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2011
@ABBEY, You are taliking crap. Make i scan my tax clearance card show u. In my household, between my myself, my wife, her sister and cousin, we pay total yearly tax of over 1million to Lagos State Govt, yet we pay for our own water, estate security, burn our fuel for gen just name it. You dont live in lekki or lagos. U live in USA, even your USA, I have been there. I am tired of typing jare. One day sha, something will happen to correct this injustice.

@Megastu- I would very much like to see a scan of your tax clearance card that details your total tax contribution for the year. You claim that four people in your household pay a total of 1 million in taxes but you failed to establish your occupation, if and what type of business you own and what exactly were you taxed on. You're right My residence is in the U.S but I own a house in Lagos and I'm also a consultant for a friend of mine who owns a business in Lagos, I'm familiar with the tax system. What exactly does taxes have to do with water or electricity? Even here in the U.S we are taxed on every pay check between 15% to 33% and we still have to pay our water and electricity bills, as if that's not enough, we pay sales tax on everything from fruits to burgers , the main point is that we are glad to pay it, for a sensible citizen knows that in order for government to function effectively it has to have an efficient tax system. We cannot put all the blame on the government, we must evaluate ourselves and see if truly we are contributing to the welfare of the state. Imagine most people go to Alaba or electronics market and buy what they need but they don't factor in taxes, not only is the consumer cheating the government but the seller also. Without sufficient income, the government cannot run effectively, corruption or no corruption, facts will be facts. We all dream of an efficient society like the U.S but we are not willing to make the crucial sacrifices, so the government shall continue to impose itself until we learn to do the right thing.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Walala(m): 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
GANIYU OLANREWAJU SOLOMON for governor 2015, This is the man that will bring change to Lagos.  Tinubu fears him and knows that he cannot control him that's why he prevented him from becoming the Senate Minority Leader so as to clip his wings.  When they asked Tinubu about GOS, he said this is a man that puts the nation and people ahead of his personal interests. 

PDP is NOT the answer to Lagos problems so you can forget that.  If Bode George and his cronies get into Alausa, they will want to catch up with Tinubu and his companies and the only ones that will suffer once again are the masses.  The same PDP that were fighting over the little change they received for campaign money? A devil you know is better than a devil you don't know. 

Take a look at the gubernatorial debate for Lagos last time and tell me which of those clowns would you want to lead the city? Old Man J.K Randle?  Clown Dosunmu or Fashola?

Yes Fashola and Tinubu are chopping but tell me once state where the governor is not chopping?  Delta? Rivers? Edo? or even your federal Govt.

All Hail the ASIWAJU of the YORUBALAND, the Jargabon of Lagos, the LION of Bourdillion.  We the Yoruba youth are fully behind you so pay no mind to guys with names like Aloy/Emeka.  In fact please send them back to their land to go and complain about their own state of origin.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by abbey621(m): 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2011
GANIYU OLANREWAJU SOLOMON for governor 2015, This is the man that will bring change to Lagos. Tinubu fears him and knows that he cannot control him that's why he prevented him from becoming the Senate Minority Leader so as to clip his wings. When they asked Tinubu about GOS, he said this is a man that puts the nation and people ahead of his personal interests.

@Walala- You must be joking right? GOS for 2015, are you kidding? I lived in mushin for over 24 years, and witnessed the incompetency of GOS both at the local level and at the state level. As a chairman, he was very ineffective , crime in Mushin skyrocketed and it became known as one of the dirtiest place to live in Lagos. In the senate, he has been a "no show" only there to take part in the sharing of funds. Abeg, look for better candidate, there's no way GOS can be governor without the help of TINUBU, and that's a solid fact!
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by EkoIle1: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

^^^ You have to accept that Eko_ile is an unrepentant, unapologetic, fully-committed and devoted Tinubu-lover. There is no way in Hell you will get him to see Tinubu in any other light that the one he reveals to his teeming masses of impoverished, desperate and utterly rascally Oduduwa minions.

Do your clown really think I give a damn about your rumor peddling and market women routine.

What else can your do besides running your mouth one nl?  Nothing.  

You fools are not even competent enough to show what crime the many your are riding all over his dickkkk committed, but you running around the internet looking rumors too discuss like jobless losers.

lol @ these losers trying too out do each other with their rumors ,

SometimesI feel sorry for you dumb clowns.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Do your clown really think I give a damn about your rumor peddling and market women routine.

What else can your do besides running your mouth one nl?  Nothing.  

You fools are not even competent enough to show what crime the many your are riding all over his dickkkk committed, but you running around the internet looking rumors too discuss like jobless losers.

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by EkoIle1: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Do you clowns really think I give a damn about your rumor peddling and market women routine.

What else can your do besides running your mouth on nl?  Nothing.  

You fools are not even competent enough to show what crime the man you are riding all over his dickkkk committed, but you running around the internet looking rumors to discuss like jobless losers.

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by HighChief4(m): 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^^We heard you the first time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rejected By APC, What Is Fani-Kayode’s Next Move? / Fulani Herder Shot Dead In Ondo / Tinubu In Owo To Condole Akeredolu’s Family (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.