Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,296 members, 7,850,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:27 PM

Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection (25701 Views)

Tinubu’s Massive Looting Of Lagos Uncovered…the Chagoury, Remi Tinubu Connection / What Do Nigerians Do With The Tinubu Documentary?- ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (punch) / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by delpee(f): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2011
Walala:

GANIYU OLANREWAJU SOLOMON for governor 2015, This is the man that will bring change to Lagos.  Tinubu fears him and knows that he cannot control him that's why he prevented him from becoming the Senate Minority Leader so as to clip his wings.  When they asked Tinubu about GOS, he said this is a man that puts the nation and people ahead of his personal interests. 

Seems Senator MAMORA was far better and well respected in the Senate. He could be a better choice if we still have to choose between the two rogue parties (ACN & PDP).
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by delpee(f): 10:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
Seems Senator MAMORA was far better and well respected in the Senate. He could be a better choice if we still have to choose between the two rogue parties (ACN & PDP)
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by aloyemeka1: 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2011
High_Chief:

^^^We heard you the first time

Roflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by philip0906(m): 11:05pm On Dec 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

Do you clowns really think I give a damn about your rumor peddling and market women routine.

What else can your do besides running your mouth on nl?  Nothing.  

You fools are not even competent enough to show what crime the man you are riding all over his dickkkk committed, but you running around the internet looking rumors to discuss like jobless losers.

lol @ these losers trying too out do each other with their rumors ,

SometimesI feel sorry for you dumb clowns.

muhehehe. . .y r u bitting ur nails so hard?I can c U've lost it."When d going was good" u would come in here trying hard 2 prove dat ur paymasters r doing a good job,but now u r confused and have resorted 2 cheap tantrums and insults in order 2 prove a point. . .

1 Like

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by aloyemeka1: 11:51pm On Dec 21, 2011
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by EkoIle1: 12:11am On Dec 22, 2011
philip0906:

muhehehe. . .y r u bitting your nails so hard?I can c U've lost it."When d going was good" u would come in here trying hard 2 prove dat your paymasters r doing a good job,but now u r confused and have resorted 2 cheap tantrums and insults in order 2 prove a point. . .

What's the meaning of this gibberish?  You clowns are not even trying to make sense anymore. Obviosly, you are too incompetent to formulate a coherent thought.

Get one of the other clowns to help you out .
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by aloyemeka1: 1:32am On Dec 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

What's the meaning of this gibberish?  You clowns are not even trying to make sense anymore. Obviosly, [b]you are too incompetent [/b]to formulated a coherent thought.

Get one of the other clowns to help you out .

How can any rational and sane human being be competent in returning abuse for abuse?
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by OneNaira6: 1:33am On Dec 22, 2011
Both parties are a disgrace to government but at least one has infrastructure to show despite their evilness and the others does not.   I'll pick ACN over PDP anytime, any day.  I pity Nigerians though,  I really pity that country.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by aljharem3: 1:44am On Dec 22, 2011
One_Naira:

Both parties are a disgrace to government but at least one has infrastructure to show despite their evilness and the others does not.   I'll pick ACN over PDP anytime, any day.  I pity Nigerians though,  I really pity that country.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=18pt]Hurraaayyyy !!!!! WE HAVE ONE SANE POSTER HERE grin grin grin grin[/size]

A toll gate can always be removed but the infrastruture would foreve remain there even after fashola and tiunbu die for a 200 years

the bridge would still stand

Would it not be better for PDP to build the second Niger bridge NOOOOWWWWW before it collapse and kill thousands of people ?

Would it not be better for PDP to build us our roads and bridges and be collecting their silly toll fee ?

One revolution can remove the toll gates aka touts but no revolution can build a road or a bridge
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by viceb: 5:54am On Dec 22, 2011
As far as am concerned, ACN is worse than PDP. Tinubu is a foolish panda whose end is in view. I dont want join Fashola in this. Tinubu can never keep reeping Lagosions off for his own aggrandizement. He is the worst leader Yoruba land has ever produced.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 22, 2011
I think both Fashola and Tinubu have made their mark in history and Nigeria need more of their type if we are to move towards the developed society that we all crave for.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by webmanlag: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
OP, Go bless you for sharing this information. These bandits will soon have nowhere to hide
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2011
webmanlag:

OP, Go bless you for sharing this information. These bandits will soon have nowhere to hide

The Rascals are not hiding FYI they are doing all the above mentioned in plain sight grin grin grin grin
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by webmanlag: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

The Rascals are not hiding FYI they are doing all the above mentioned in plain sight grin grin grin grin

oh really? why can't a serving governor be prosecuted in a Nigerian court of law? you don't understand the context of the sentence clearly
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by 2AMLasgidi: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2011
The burden of proof is the accuser this is a trite principle of law and social contract, We want Proofs. not empty allegations to mislead people. Let the poster give us hard fact and evidence that fashola is a part owner of LCC or Hi-Tech. I know that Corporate Affairs Commission is open to to us if we need fact on the owners of this companies.

How quickly we forget? Those pouring invectives on fashola today may have forgotten the hard decision he took before Oshodi became what it is today. Have we forgotten how often people were robbed in Oshodi, Have we forgotten how often some of us missed our flights because of Oshodi?
I remember how Lagosians on Ikorodu axis protested against the BRT lane and system when it started, the same people are the ones you see on the queu today enjoying the services. BRT/LAGBUS was alledged to have been owned by Tinubu back then, today people with funds, banks, Investment organisation are participating in LAGBUS operations

I have come across all these misleading information especially in interviews of Bode George and Obanikoro (These are people who never contributed anything positive to lagos). Let a Jimi Agbaje or GOS -Ganiu Olanrewaju Solomon come forward to make this allegation and I amy have reasons to believe. recycling this allegation will not build infrastucture that we need most.

Fashola desrves some commendation as much as I know there is room for improvement. He has shown us that government can still work in Nigeria. Let PDP government come forward to show us what they have done especially in terms of infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by rasputinn(m): 7:39am On Dec 23, 2011
Even though I as well am paying the toll,I feel much tempted to say I told you so,some few months back when so many Thienubu goons and the majority gullible nairalanders were rooting for Tinubu and his ACN,those of us who knew the man's criminal and fraudulent nature did not mince words in describing Bola Ahmed Tinubu as a crook that should be in jail already,unfortunately most nairalanders were misled by the deception of this man's fake progressive posture and the scam of the so-called "achievements of Fashola",now the scales have started falling off your eyes abi
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by aloyemeka1: 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2011
2AMLasgidi:

The burden of proof is the accuser this is a trite principle of law and social contract,  We want Proofs. not empty allegations to mislead people. Let the poster give us hard fact and evidence that fashola is a part owner of LCC or Hi-Tech. I know that Corporate Affairs Commission is open to to us if we need fact on the owners of this companies.

How quickly we forget? Those pouring invectives on fashola today may have forgotten the hard decision he took before Oshodi became what it is today. Have we forgotten how often people were robbed in Oshodi, Have we forgotten how often some of us missed our flights because of Oshodi?
I remember how Lagosians on Ikorodu axis protested against the BRT lane and system when it started, the same people are the ones you see on the queu today enjoying the services. BRT/LAGBUS was alledged to have been owned by Tinubu back then, today people with funds, banks, Investment organisation are participating in LAGBUS operations

I have come across all these misleading information especially in interviews of Bode George and Obanikoro (These are people who never contributed anything positive to lagos). Let a Jimi Agbaje or GOS -Ganiu Olanrewaju Solomon come forward to make this allegation and I amy have reasons to believe. recycling this allegation will not build infrastucture that we need most.

Fashola desrves some commendation as much as I know there is room for improvement. He has shown us that government can still work in Nigeria. Let PDP government come forward to show us what they have done especially in terms of infrastructure.

Did you have proof when you believed that Abacha stole billions?. Do you have any proof that Abdulsalaami stole billions?. Show us proof please or Abacha should be declared innocent.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by EkoIle1: 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Did you have proof when you believed that Abacha stole billions?. Do you have any proof that Abdulsalaami stole billions?. Show us proof please or Abacha should be declared innocent.

Swiss banks hand back Abacha loot to Nigeria

SWISS authorities are handing back more than £370 million believed to have been funnelled out of Nigeria by the country's late dictator Sani Abacha, who died in 1998, and his cronies.

The move follows an out-of-court settlement under which the Nigerian government will release about £70 million to Abacha's family and drop criminal proceedings against them abroad.

In return, about £700 million will be returned to Nigeria from blocked foreign accounts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/1391502/Swiss-banks-hand-back-Abacha-loot-to-Nigeria.html

Olodo. Basic facts about your own country you no even sabi.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by 2AMLasgidi: 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2011
aloy/emeka:

This may be last time I will respond to some empty headed graduates (im just assuming you are one). before Abacha left office Swiss Bank & co had leaked his loot to the press. More importantly all his loots were documented and in Public domain. I need you to print my post as an assignment, go back to school and understand what "burden of proof means.

Olodo rabata!!! I can help you open your blocked brain at a token you know,
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2011
Who can hook me up with Tinubu - please grin I need to steal some of his billions grin grin Merry Christmas NL politicos
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by soloqy: 6:11am On Dec 25, 2011
Realities of the tolling system and the financial burden on people. I maintain that the tolling amount and system is too expensive.

Please read through the article before commenting on it. The lawyer there made some very valid and salient points.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/lagos-toll-how-we-have-been-marginalised-residents-in-lekki/
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Ovamboland(m): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2012
Just i little contribution which will hopefully enrich the discussions from the standpoint of cost of road construction

t all depends on the type of road and land cost as well.

For instance, a three-mile extension of Highway 509 — to create a trucking corridor from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to Interstate 5, plus more lanes on I-5 nearby — is now expected to cost $1.3 billion to $1.4 billion, up from an earlier estimate of $900 million, said Metropolitan King County Council member Julia Patterson, D-SeaTac. Patterson is vice-chairwoman of the Regional Transportation Investment District (RTID), a planning committee of county-council members.

State transportation leaders wouldn't comment on the new numbers.

Figures will be released in the next week or two, state Department of Transportation spokeswoman Joy Carpine said. "We're still working on the numbers," she said. However, some local officials got an early briefing this week.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/accountability/2005GasTax/QandA.htm
2005 Transportation Facts: Questions & Answers

6. How much does it cost per mile to build a new lane of highway?
It depends on where you are, and factors such as land costs, people or businesses to relocate, environmental needs arising from construction such as noise walls for neighbors and storm water cleaning for streams and wetlands. It also depends on the elements in the project - are we just building a road, or are new bridges or interchanges also included?

Here's a sampling of project construction costs:

+ SR 18 widening in rural King County - about $24.5 million per mile.
+ US 12 widening south of Tri Cities - about $3.7 million per mile.
+ I-5 widening in Vancouver – about $20.2 million per mile.
+ I-90 truck climbing lanes east of Cle Elum and at Vantage – about $1 million per mile.
+ I-5 HOV lanes from Tukwila to Fife – about $7 million per mile.

These costs are for construction only and do not include costs for engineering and design and for a widely-varying factor, land acquisition costs.
Sources: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003469356_highways09m.html
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by chatterly: 9:12am On Jan 04, 2012
I am not a Fashola or Tinubu supportter but my comment is about our penchant for hearsay and chinese whispering.For a fact i know that the oriental hotel is owned by the chinese guys that own WEMPCO in Ikeja who are more connected in the Federal Govt and state govt levels than u can imagine . cry

1 Like

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:01am On Jan 04, 2012
chatterly:

I am not a Fashola or Tinubu supportter but my comment is about our penchant for hearsay and chinese whispering.For a fact i know that the oriental hotel is owned by the chinese guys that own WEMPCO in Ikeja who are more connected in the Federal Govt and state govt levels than u can imagine . cry

WEMPCO guys also own shares in the company I work for - they also provided building re-modelling expertise for the corporate office. and you are right, they are very connected.

1 Like

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by laudate: 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2012
Ovamboland:

Just i little contribution which will hopefully enrich the discussions from the standpoint of cost of road construction

The day Nigerians start earning the same dollar denominated salaries as their American counterparts, then this argument would fly. In Ghana, Botswana & quite a large number of countries, cost of road construction is far less. why don't you use such examples to buttress your points?
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Rad1cal: 10:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
Another bunch of cabal grin
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by TommyEnny(m): 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2012
What I always say is simple our politicians can never be trusted. if we(the populace) do not wake up, these people(politicians) will definately sell the country for next to nothing just to fulfill their selfish ambitions. We(the citizens) are the govt. and we have to tell these people what we want not the other way round and the only way we can do this is to ensure we participate in the governance of our dearly beloved nation. We are NIGERIA. God Bless NIGERIA.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
james1:
Thieving bastards.may thunder fire them!!!
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
tolu001:
(ACN+PDP) * FRAUD = Bad Leadership

(Nigeria * Revolution) - Corrupt Politicians = Better Future

Useless bunch of thieving bastards

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by hucienda: 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
2011 thread relevant even in 2017.

The OP, aloyemeka1 broke it down. Feel for those in that axis of the state. They are virtually in bondage - as Nigerians are wont to - as Fela succinctly put it - 'shuffering and shmiling'.
Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
hucienda:
2011 thread relevant even in 2017.

The OP, aloyemeka1 broke it down. Feel for those in that axis of the state. They are virtually in bondage - as Nigerians are wont to - as Fela succinctly put it - suffering and 'shmiling'.
This is why I had to bring it back from the archives. We have to learn from history. Instead of complaning now,if Lagosians made an effort to put a stop to this fraudulent deal a few years ago they won't be complaining.

They have been enslaved by Tinubu and Chaugory who will keep increasing the tolls over the coming years at short notice.

2 Likes

Re: Facts On Lekki Toll & The Tinubu Connection by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
aloyemeka1:
16. THE BIG FRAUD

This is the biggest fraud ever conceived!

(a) A road that was initially constructed by two previous administration and that belong to the Lagos State Government is now being jointly owned by Tinubu-the former governor and Fashola-the present governor through his crony-Dr Tunji Olowolafe under the consortium LCC

(b) LCC was appointed without conforming to the Public Procurement Act of 2007. There was no public bidding process, no competing bids from other consortium and the fact that the former Governor and the present Governor have personal interest is criminal in nature.

(c) LCC will collect toll from the taxpayers of Lagos over the next 30years. The amount to be collected was not subject to any negotiation or law by any regulatory agency. Which means it is arbitrary and could be changed without notice anytime through the duration of the 30 year lease.

(d) In addition, landowners and prospective builders of homes are being charged heavily as infrastructural charge, land use charge and personal income tax and are now required to pay road tax or toll. This is multiple taxation in its worst form.

(e) The people’s livelihoods have been disrupted for the past 3 years without compensation and there is no alternate road anywhere as it is in practice in other parts of the world where there are toll roads.
December 19, 2011 5:47 PM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christians Fueling Rumours About Buhari’s Health On Social Media – SGF / Lagos State LG Election (Live Updates) / Buhari: Tinubu Has Set Standard In Leadership, Governance, Philanthrop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.