Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,527 members, 7,770,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:40 AM

Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video (29381 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Computer Game / Titi Tilapia: Download The Demo Now! / Favourite/best Computer Game Bad Guy/boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by thatni99a: 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2011
what is this? such games are developed by [b]six [/b]year olds in Japan. REAL TALK
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by TitiTilap1(f): 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2011
@2buff
ok, please explain?    the framerate? of the ingame video?

Seems pretty well paced to me though, as per titi's levels are purposely slower-paced to allow you enjoy the ocean views, the one with the turtle sliding is clearly faster,
Wud love to hear from u, Thanks again
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by TitiTilap1(f): 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2011
@nguvsi,
Thanks we will definitely be in contact,

@that ni99a
Lol, we are not in Japan now are we? and if you can directly link to proof of any done by a Japanese 6-year old, we would love to play it too, lol
Thanks anyways,  We realize we cant please everyone and appreciate your criticism
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by djsholi: 9:59pm On Dec 20, 2011
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.312718282077735.94642.120619737954258&type=1

This is not the first 3D game to be made in Nigeria. There has been one(SPLIT ASSASSIN) earlier by a single guy who was awarded BEST STUDENT PROGRAMMER IN NIGERIA NACOSS NATIONAL 2008. The link above is a picture of the game.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ogunlana-Olushola-Gabriel/120619737954258

This link is to his FACEBOOK PUBLIC PROFILE.

Thanks, it's good to see Nigerians try out stuff.
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 20, 2011
@titi the FPS of the ingame animation could be smoother.

@tha n99a, you can't and haven't made any so you don't really understand all that goes into making a game.
If you criticism isn't constructive, then it's not needed.
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by TitiTilap1(f): 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2011
@djsholi,
We appreciate your worry,
as with everything in life, Game Development is not measured by who starts but gets it complete and released (In the indie world, even getting a game complete is looked as a success),

We were unaware of "Split Assassin" and as far as we know it was never released publicly as either a commercial or free project,
All the same, Kudos on your efforts,
We would love your Comments and Criticisms as we work on this project
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by Cogito(m): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2011
Great stuff guys.

I also agree with 2buff, the framerate looked a bit choppy in the video.
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by TitiTilap1(f): 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2011
@2buff,
Nice one, lol, Tell am ooo( grin grin grin)

We'll look into the framerate thing, though i suspect it was from our screen capture program,

One luv (no homo, grin)
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by djsholi: 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2011
You are releasing a DEMO, while a couple of people have played my game DEMO already. So anyway at that, that never makes your release FIRST. Mine came FIRST. So please re-edit your status and website post for false claims, Sorry, If you are looking for something to claim with, why not try quality Thank you. Shola.vb.net

Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 20, 2011
LOL u're both not the first, but that's hardly important.

Titi's game does seem more "released" by the simple fact that is has a trailer and a web-presence, which is really what matters.
Sholi, your's seems more like a bedroom project made in solitude.
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by TitiTilap1(f): 10:57pm On Dec 20, 2011
@2buff, grin grin grin
Point, anyways all this is besides the point,
Nice products that Nigerians will be proud off are what we are after,
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by djsholi: 11:39pm On Dec 20, 2011
@Titi, it's nice you see the POINT. We are all trying the help the gaming industry in Nigeria, so you can avoid that phrase on your website or posts saying "Nigeria's First Game or Only game, ". This way, everything goes fine. You guys should update your site and say "One of the early Nigerian Game releases". Cos your current site details really contradict the true fact, and make Nigeria look too weak in gaming. Thanks and good job.

@2buff
You should check out my FACEBOOK PUBLIC FIGURE PROFILE, since you are talking of web presence, the game's screenshot had been there since NOVEMBER 2, a couple of LIKES, it has been shared on several FACEBOOK PAGES, The character is well animated, shooting, enemies, 3 stages for DEMO, has been played by a couple of people in Minna, Niger State.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ogunlana-Olushola-Gabriel/120619737954258
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.312718282077735.94642.120619737954258&type=1

My Number for further Talk: 07035567003, 08025741396
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by Seun(m): 11:44pm On Dec 20, 2011
Well done.
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 20, 2011
@bros djsholi, And I've had a game on the IOS appstore that sold quite a bit before I made it free since August 2010.  cheesy
Like I said you guys aren't the first, and I'm not claiming to be the first either as I'm sure there have been others before me.
Let's all just be humble, respectful and appreciative of other people's work.

The beginning of your fall is when you start thinking you're better than everyone else for doing something that, compared to the world scale, is still mediocre.
Until you start churning out the likes of AAA games, only then should your ego be permitted to swell.

For now, your major goal should be identifying those with the same passion, who aren't just mouth and who have proven that they can RELEASE, whom you can at some point work together to collaborate and make at least a AA game. . . not beating your chest  grin

Everyone has something to teach or learn.

Kudos to you guys for doing what you've done thus far. I should know, being able to create and RELEASE, is a great achievement.
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by djsholi: 12:05am On Dec 21, 2011
LOL @ 2buff, nice write up. Yea, we should all strive for high quality. For me, I didn't feel SPLIT ASSASSIN had enough quality looks, but I was shocked when this type of **** quality was being shouted about as Nigerians First Game, But anyway, we all look forward to better games. #####TILAPIA GUYS HAVE BEEN DELETING MY POSTS FROM THEIR SITE OH, #####. See ya 2buff. Shola.vb.net
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by TitiTilap1(f): 12:16am On Dec 21, 2011
Yaaaayyyyy, the boss himself "Seun" has poped in to say well done, (Enterpreneur of the year, we dey hail oooo)

@2buff, enuf said,
(Much respeCt)

Check us out on facebook at
www.facebook.com/TitiTilapia
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by TitiTilap1(f): 12:26am On Dec 21, 2011
Or you prefer to tweet?

Then it's

www.twitter.com/TitiTilapia
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 21, 2011
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by Jenifa1: 2:24am On Dec 21, 2011
i'm loving this!! cheesy

thumbs up
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by Tedpgrass: 4:45am On Dec 21, 2011
interesting!

kudos to y'all
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by igbo2011(m): 5:20am On Dec 21, 2011
This is good, it starts somewhere then it gets better and better.
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by TitiTilap1(f): 5:22am On Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for all the support, We love u alll
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by makizee(m): 8:46am On Dec 21, 2011
Good ones Guys, Thumbs up for the guys wey do this,
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by JUO(m): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2011
great work
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by Pato5(m): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2011
Guys, i'm a teenager , i luv nairaland(adicted) d responses are rili encouragin.,.titi crew THUMBS UP, waitin 4 dis 4 a long tym, plz guys i'm beginnin 2 luv PROGRAMMING, i nid help
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by samyng(m): 9:49am On Dec 21, 2011
[size=13pt]wow Nigeria here we go GOD BLESS NIGERIA as we continue to move forward as there will be waves of young creative minds 2012 in JESUS NAME AMEN, Thumbs up Titi Tilapia,, Waiting to play the game on demo[/size]
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by kevoh(m): 10:12am On Dec 21, 2011
To tititilapia and the other game developpers on this thread I hope you guys will permit me to make a review of your games and publish on my new blog. Please let me know?
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by TitiTilap1(f): 10:36am On Dec 21, 2011
@kevoh, definately, We are humbled and grateful for all the intrest this is even generating, we would love to send u an email, heading to your blog now to see if I can find a contact email addy, or u could drop it here if ur comfortable wit that,
Thanks again,

@Pato5, We are extremely excited that by doing this we are able to inspire other young nigerians that if u can dream it and stick wit It, u can achieve it,
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by Ignatio(m): 10:42am On Dec 21, 2011
Nice development. It's one step at a time. Why did the bad octopus' name had to be Okoro?
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by TitiTilap1(f): 11:02am On Dec 21, 2011
Lol @ignatio, no vex oooo,
We had decided that he was an octopus and wanted a popular short nigerian first name that began with "O",
And there arent many so Okoro was our choice, lol
I hope it's not ur name or somone close to u ooo, hehehe
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by UyiIredia(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
Good job !
Re: Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video by alhassan3(m): 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2011
hi,
have the programmers created the game that they planned to create?
Where could i find it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Connect Dream League Soccer 17 Multiplayer Mode For Android Devices / HELP!! Cheats For Unlimited Coin For Dream League Soccer 2016 / !!yes!!! How To Play Multiplayer On Ppsspp Using Pes 2016 **picz** **hot**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.