Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (43809 Views)

Buhari Inspects Made-in-nigeria Peugeot Cars(photos) / Fashola Inspects Isolation Unit For Ebola Virus Patients. PICS / FG To File Defence In Lekki-ikoyi Bridge Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 6:41am On Oct 31, 2012
More

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 6:46am On Oct 31, 2012
Still more

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 31, 2012
stillme: The bridge shall be named after fashola.

No..we will name it after the Retardeen...
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by xterra2(m): 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
naptu2:

Unfortunately my battery died just as a took this picture. I promise to go back and take more pics for you.

Thank you so much
May God bless you
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Horus(m): 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Fhemmmy: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
Can we see more pix of the bridge and not the just anchor . . . By the way, beautiful piece
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by dayokanu(m): 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
When are we going to blame Tinubu for this
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Horus(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2012

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by seanet01: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
This is not fair. Why can Fashola be building bridges when he can be sharing this money with pdp
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by seanet01: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
dayokanu: When are we going to blame Tinubu for this
When gej grow some balls
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
seanet01: This is not fair. Why can Fashola be building bridges when he can be sharing this money with pdp

why you..##%^^@@ angry
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
The images quality is very poor. Please, try to upload something better because I can see them clearly.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by GARRIx7(m): 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
all4naija: The images quality is very poor. Please, try to upload something better because I can see them clearly.

Go buy "quality" fone.... grin grin
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Horus(m): 12:11am On Nov 09, 2012

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 09, 2012
Beautiful! Why is it so difficult to get good images from Nigeria by Nigerians?! angry angry angry
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
The roundabout on Admiralty Road at the foot of the bridge.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
View of the bridge from Alexander Road, Ikoyi (one hour ago).

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
go back
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by obitwo: 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2012

Up next. The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge grin

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by obitwo: 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
all4naija: Beautiful! Why is so difficult to get good images from Nigeria by Nigerians?! angry angry angry

It's the same world over. That's why there are amateur and professional photographers ... and cameras grin
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
musiwa7: because I said they should build a bridge into ikoyi... go back to my thread..

Musiwa is more influential than Goodluck Jonathan.

https://www.nairaland.com/917751/musiwa
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by PaulJohn1: 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
Wow. This is lovely.

I think Lagos now has an iconic structure to represent her anywhere in the world.

Wish more Nigeria cities can have theirs. Still waiting for that of Abuja, the city gate is not of excellent quality to represent outside Nigeria.

We can take a leaf from that of Dabai, paris, NY, San Francisco,...
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by PaulJohn1: 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
obitwo:

Up next. The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge grin

I pray for it
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 03, 2012
Wow!
This is great news. These are the sort of threads we need on the front page. Not the depressing bad news we get to read everyday.
@Naptu
Why not create a fresh thread armed with your recent pictures of the bridge so more people get to know it has finally been completed? I just stumbled on this by chance.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2012
Soon some lousy foul mouthed folks will tell you in some years that FG did this.....
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 11:57am On Dec 03, 2012
tkjoke: Wow!
This is great news. These are the sort of threads we need on the front page. Not the depressing bad news we get to read everyday.
@Naptu
Why not create a fresh thread armed with your recent pictures of the bridge so more people get to know it has finally been completed? I just stumbled on this by chance.

Very good suggestion. Thanks very much.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
naptu2:

Very good suggestion. Thanks very much.

While I think it is not too late, I drove both sides of the bridge lats month and I imagine the traffic will be horrendous at both ends because there is very little room for vehicles intending to run the bridge to branch-off and allow traffic going straight on to continue without hindrance. it will be a toll-bridge would it not? There is just no room.. cars will have to wait until they are tolled before non bridge-crossing cars can go their way. unless they want to toll on each side at the end or start of the bridge.. what are your thoughts - the round-about at the end of the Ikoyi section is a bummer
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

While I think it is not too late, I drove both sides of the bridge lats month and I imagine the traffic will be horrendous at both ends because there is very little room for vehicles intending to run the bridge to branch-off and allow traffic going straight on to continue without hindrance. it will be a toll-bridge would it not? There is just no room.. cars will have to wait until they are tolled before non bridge-crossing cars can go their way. unless they want to toll on each side at the end or start of the bridge.. what are your thoughts - the round-about at the end of the Ikoyi section is a bummer

Finally, someone who gets it. We were discussing this issue on the other thread.

According to a report, Ebun Olu-Onagoruwa is taking the Lagos State Government to court because, according to him, the government intends to charge a toll fee of 500 naira per journey. He felt that this was too much. If his claim is true, I suspect that the toll fare is that high in order to reduce traffic on the bridge. The bridge will thus be a premium bridge for few people who want to quickly go from Lekki to Ikoyi, without minding the cost.

I've also looked at it from the Lekki end of the bridge (from the very first time it was announced that a bridge will be built, Lekki residents have been concerned that the bridge will cause traffic jams on Admiralty Road). They've built a roundabout on Admiralty Road to ensure that traffic flow is not greatly affected by the bridge (one lane for those going straight and the other for those who intend to use the bridge), but I think what will happen is that those who intend to go straight will use the road that runs parallel to Admiralty Road (the road behind Divine Mercy Church).

However, I do feel that the bridge might cause traffic jams on Alexander, Bourdillon and Gerard Road in Ikoyi.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by edoyad(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
This is the best way to reply critics. Why hasn't anyone come to bash the bridge since the pictures emerged?
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by anulaxad(m): 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
the bridge is so ugly uhhh it needs to be covered with metal its just ugly tongue such poor quality nigeria what can we do .
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2013
Aerial view of the bridge

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

#NorthIsBleeding Protest Erupts In Abuja / APC Cracks Widen, Tinubu, Governors Lock Horns As Court Suspends Oshiomhole / Femi Fani-Kayode On Sunday Igboho: No One Can Stand Against The New Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.