Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (43811 Views)

Buhari Inspects Made-in-nigeria Peugeot Cars(photos) / Fashola Inspects Isolation Unit For Ebola Virus Patients. PICS / FG To File Defence In Lekki-ikoyi Bridge Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by allspicebraind: 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2012
dplordx: since we have a business governor who doesnt do nothing without thinking of how to squeeze the masses of their meagre money and earning, Ekoile, how much are you guys intending to charge on this one.
And how many tollgates will be on this one o.
I am even thinking GEJ is more sincere and real than this oloshi called Fashola
U are a politician no doubt about that, most of u guys travel out and see what is obtainable, most roads and bridges are privately constructed in over sea for a token as toll gate. In Nigeria, when anyone or government does that people with myopic vision raise abuse just like this one here. I'm not a politician and will never be. I LOVE NIGERIA, I LOVE LAGOS. EKO ONI BAJE
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by allspicebraind: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2012
kizito96: Lets be realistic, Fashola is doing very well. If other previous Governors had provided infrastructure like this, the Country would have turned into something else

GOD BLESS U MY BROTHER. PEOPLE WILL NEVER SAY THE TRUTH COS THEY ARE BEEN TIPPED WITH TORO-KOBO
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 1:33am On May 08, 2012
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 6:46pm On May 30, 2012
naptu2: The key question is; WILL THIS BRIDGE BE TOLLED?

So it appears that the bridge will be tolled
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 6:49pm On May 30, 2012
Toll plaza?

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 6:53pm On May 30, 2012
More

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 7:01pm On May 30, 2012
Still more.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 7:05pm On May 30, 2012
naptu2:

So it appears that the bridge will be tolled

That can always be removed by the next administration, can't it?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 7:07pm On May 30, 2012
The bridge looks almost done!

Naptu2, around when do you think it will be open?
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 7:08pm On May 30, 2012
Unfortunately, this picture isn't so good. It's supposed to show that they are putting in the guard rail.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 7:21pm On May 30, 2012
These pictures show the Alexander end of the bridge. That stretch of bridge hadn't been done when I last took pictures. Although the government hasn't announced any date, but I don't think it'll be long before the governor commissions the bridge.

Sorry about the poor quality of some of the pictures.

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 7:29pm On May 30, 2012
More

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 7:35pm On May 30, 2012
jason123:

That can always be removed by the next administration, can't it?

Certainly. I'm not even against tolling, but I believe the stakeholders (residents, etc) should be informed on time and they should be given a platform to voice their concerns, so that the government can address those concerns.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 7:47pm On May 30, 2012
More

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:58pm On May 30, 2012
Nice pics. Can someone with a civil engineering background explain the function of the cables extending from the 'tower' to the main section below? I thought that they are meant to serve as suspension cables (kinda like the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco) to hold the bridge up?

From the little i've seen in the pics, it looks like the bridge doesn't need that kind of support as it's being constructed like the third mainland bridge. I'm thinking they're being used just for aesthetic reasons.....to make the bridge look grand.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2012
And another thing: i hope they place good halogen lighting at strategic points, so the bridge looks good at night when viewed from afar......kinda like the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This could then be used for postcard pics to showcase Lagos.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 8:21pm On May 30, 2012
Nice pictures. Can't wait! May God bless the project!
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 8:21pm On May 30, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
And another thing: i hope they place good halogen lighting at strategic points, so the bridge looks good at night when viewed from afar......kinda like the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This could then be used for postcard pics to showcase Lagos Nigeria.

Very solid point!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jmaine: 8:24pm On May 30, 2012
Nice update Naptu cool
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:28pm On May 30, 2012
Nice one BRF, at least a lasting Legacy to Lagosians than Street-naming. Please don't have any ideas of capping it all up by dedicating it to one You Know Who with a Native Cap with figure 8 abeg grin grin
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:38pm On May 30, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
And another thing: i hope they place good halogen lighting at strategic points, so the bridge looks good at night when viewed from afar......kinda like the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This could then be used for postcard pics to showcase Lagos.

BRF said he wants the bridge to be a tourist attraction. His comments+the bright lights currently on the tower make me believe that they plan to adorn the bridge with halogen lights.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 8:44pm On May 30, 2012
More

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 8:47pm On May 30, 2012
naptu2:

BRF said he wants the bridge to be a tourist attraction. His comments+the bright lights currently on the tower make me believe that they plan to adorn the bridge with halogen lights.

Are you saying the lights are already installed on it?
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 8:52pm On May 30, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Nice pics. Can someone with a civil engineering background explain the function of the cables extending from the 'tower' to the main section below? I thought that they are meant to serve as suspension cables (kinda like the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco) to hold the bridge up?

From the little i've seen in the pics, it looks like the bridge doesn't need that kind of support as it's being constructed like the third mainland bridge. I'm thinking they're being used just for aesthetic reasons.....to make the bridge look grand.

Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Engineer Obafemi Hamzat said in Lagos.
By design the type of the bridge is berthing for the first time in Nigeria it would be similar but slightly difference from the type already in South Africa. From the drawing, it is breathtaking; a whole massive structure suspended mid way by two giant pillars held down with 170 metres special cable.

It is built to a total length of 1,358 metres; 8 metres carriage ways and a walkway of 2.0 metres all on both sides and a clearance of 9 metres above high water
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 8:54pm On May 30, 2012
Hopefully, it will be like this:

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 8:55pm On May 30, 2012
The 1.4km long bridge with a cable stayed pylon of 90m in the middle and a full span approach and departing bridge linking Admiralty Way to Bourdillon Road will definitely be the cynosure of admiration and will make the list of iconic constructions in Lagos State..

The Lekki-Ikoyi Cable Bridge is located in Lagos metropolis. When completed, it will ease transport logjams in Lagos, one of the most populous cities in the world. It has been designed top connect two heavily congested districts of the city and no doubt will relieve the city of bottle -neck traffic congestion.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 8:57pm On May 30, 2012
The Lekki-Ikoyi Cable Bridge will not only ease traffic but also beautify the area as it has been regarded as a timeless monument for the future.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by naptu2: 9:09pm On May 30, 2012
At the moment there are lights at the top and halfway up the tower. At night you can clearly see the tower from Lekki-Epe Expressway.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by ahf(m): 9:40pm On May 30, 2012
naptu2:

Certainly. I'm not even against tolling, but I believe the stakeholders (residents, etc) should be informed on time and they should be given a platform to voice their concerns, so that the government can address those concerns.

Tolling the road....hmmmmm..... Only consolation is that alternate routes exist, hence it is optional and should cause less ripples than the Lekki-Epe Expressway
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by jason123: 9:51pm On May 30, 2012
naptu2: At the moment there are lights at the top and halfway up the tower. At night you can clearly see the tower from Lekki-Epe Expressway.

A picture at night will be awesome! Naptu2, I know you can pull that off! wink
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by PaulJohn1: 10:43pm On May 30, 2012
Fashola again shocked

Out of words.
This guy is too much.
Re: Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics by aljharem(m): 10:46pm On May 30, 2012
Paul John: Fashola again shocked

Out of words.
This guy is too much.

Na how we see am o !!!

watch as they would discredit him but still migrate to Lagos like parasites

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode On Sunday Igboho: No One Can Stand Against The New Leader / What Goodluck Jonathan Did To Me In 2015 – Amaechi / GEJ Accepts Twitter User Mohammad Deedee's Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.