Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

My Job Is Not Challenging - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Not Challenging (5822 Views)

I Want To Leave My Job For Masters / Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). / Engineering Vs Medicine "which Is More Challenging?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by suze(f): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2007
You better take it easy and dont let your gra gra be too much. You just started, you are only about a month old and you are complaining, You wait and see, by the time they start giving you work,inshort you would wish for idleness.You would think back and remember the good old days of fine face sitting behind computer .

But on a more serious note, if your pay is o.k. Dont resign. Wait and see if it will be more challenging at least in the next 6 months.Do you know how many people want to be in your shoes that are complaining of too much pressure at work. Meanwhile, make good use of your time,you are connecterd to the net, you can learn a lot of things or even start looking for another job via the net.And by the way werent you given a job description.

I had a similar situation when i first started working.I kept complaining of nothing to do and being bored and i kept wondering if this is what working is all about. But after about 2 months, in short, my eye saw pepper due to work pressure to the extent that i longed for idleness. You can imagine. So take it easy my sister.
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by GeeCee(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ Poster,

It sometimes happen like that wen you get to a new place of work. wen i joined the coy i'm presently working with, i was very IDLE (in capital letter). It was so bad i approached one of our directors that i have a free flow with and complained to him about d idleness. He replied that i shuld take my time to enjoy the idle period cos a time will come that i will pray to get a break from the job but it won't happen. Honestly, he was right. I culd not even go on my annual leave. I took just 5 days out of my total annual leave this year and it was as if i was gone for 2 months. I culd not even enjoy the leave as i sometimeshave to come to the office to sort out some things.

So my dear, be calm. Whoknows the tasks you are asking for may be coming heavily soon. Hpwever, you can still be looking for another job while you wait. But DON'T LEAVE YOUR PRESENT JOB UNTIL YOU HAVE ANOTHER ONE.

Cheers!
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by jameelah70(f): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2007
Hello,

I am taking IT in college right now, and I know how angry I would be after I earn the degree if I were ignored and given no challenging work. I think you should stick it out, though. Stay at the job and fight for your rights. Go to the supervisor and report the problem, if he/she won't listen, go to the person above that. Type a letter, don't just talk face to face or on the phone, there has to be something written for proof. Tell the supervisor that you have qualifications and are being ignored and you need the opportunity to earn your pay. If you leave, it may be seen as bad, that you were not reliable, not a long term employee, etc. This may end up giving you problems when searching for another job. Also, talk to some co-workers. See if they had the same problems when they first started working for the company. It may be a test for you, to see if you will run or if you will stay, smiley

I do hope things work out for you, and I hope my advice helps smiley
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by dremoney(m): 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2007
angrywonders will never end on this nairaland!!!

so na say them no giv u job do dey vex u after accepting d offer?, Haba Aunty,by now u suppose b patient 4 phychiatric hospital.

haha,c me c trouble o, they fuckn need time to study your anxious asshole before trusting your decisions bout any responsibility.

Guess your boss knows u wuld mess up whatever's assigned to u because of anxiety,reason perhaps he kept your dumb-head wit d system.

Abeg cool down OR preferably resign(RESIGN RECOMMENDED THOUGH).

I get pissed wit dis kindda thread.

YEYE tongue
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by BeckyUK(f): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2007
Hey, my advise is that you should remain in the employment and make the best of the situation. I was once in a similar situation and I failed to let circumstances around defeat my vision and goals. I seized the opportunity and used it to my advantage - 6+ yrs on, I'm in the same organisation and promoted 3 times.

Good luck and see beyond the negative. A personal motto kept me going "a job is what you make of it".
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by LanreDaMan(m): 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2007
Guy na waoo How I would love to be in your shoes.

I have to learn 1 million things in 3 weeks.

I just got an I.T position in a World class Multinational coy.

Bros, I got no training but I have 3 weeks to learn

and Boy there is so much to learn

I thank God for my Colleagues they are making the process seamless

But the Pressure is on me to deleiver cos I want to establish my self as early as possible
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by cooldude62(m): 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2008
hi original poster, can you send a mail to me please, i like us to talk.
[email]d.jacob62@yahoo.com[/email]
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by ooe1: 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2008
@poster
How can you be complaining when you have a job? I hope you will not complain if you have to leave the office by 10:00 pm just to acomplish a task like some of us.
I'll advice you use this time to develop your IT skills through studying and practice.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese stop complaining and stick to that job.
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by MethodMan3(m): 1:07am On Jun 18, 2008
@poster
If your job is not challenging, fucking pack it in and go hiking!

o_oe:

@poster
How can you be complaining when you have a job? I hope you will not complain if you have to leave the office by 10:00 pm just to acomplish a task like some of us.
I'll advice you use this time to develop your IT skills through studying and practice.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese stop complaining and stick to that job.

i think it is pretty dumb to ask someone to stick to a job they dont find stimulating and challenging

stick to a job by force becoz of wat?!JOKE
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by Afribiz(f): 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2008
This is the opportunity for you to engage in a business as part time job.
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by obybabe(f): 11:48am On Jun 26, 2008
if ur job is not challenging better dam the job and search for another. there are many careers that are more challenging in town.

Get to the field, search , u can always be opportuned to be connected to one
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2008
Follow your mind,its part of experience.

Face whatever consequence comes your way and learn from it.
the saying that goes thus "You don't know what you have till you loose it" isn't fiction.

Heed elderly advise and sit up.
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by obybabe(f): 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2008
ijapa888:

Follow your mind,its part of experience.

Face whatever consequence comes your way and learn from it.
the saying that goes thus "You don't know what you have till you loose it" isn't fiction.

Heed elderly advise and sit up.
that is life experience in challenging economy
Re: My Job Is Not Challenging by Bossman(m): 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2008
It sounds like you are in IT. Use your time there to pick up some skills (IT is constantly changing), brush up your resume and start looking for something else. Get the heck out once you secure something that suits you.

I am not sure what IT jobs are like there, however they are quite challenging here. Because there is always something new to learn everyday.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is A Third Class In Computer Science Useless? / Launching a Career in 2024: Advise a Fresh Graduate / Nursing(a Great Career)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.