Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland (18041 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by ogaju007(m): 4:52am On Dec 22, 2011
come to think of it, has anyone seen a witch before? if yes, how did you know u saw a witch? how come witches are always kids? is it because we can bully them? if religion was as good as its fought for on NL, nigeria should be a better place.

i'm not bothered about you giving all your money to the church afterall its yours however, i'm bothered about the future of nigeria. this generation is being brainwashed into not thinking at all. graduates can't analyse their circumstances talkless of owning or managing companies. people are dumping hardwork and research for miracles. hmmmmnn undecided undecided
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 22, 2011
@ Ogaju, I had similar thoughts, do witches really exists?? if they do, to what extent do they cause damage to the society I believe its all superstitious,, and a way of using fear to extort people, cant wait to reach naija, and see some pastor talk about witches to me, I will knock out his punk a s s,
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by ogaju007(m): 5:03am On Dec 22, 2011
lol, hmmmn so who are these ppl that see witches around? i was told by a stupid pastor that witches drink blood during festive seasons thats why we have more accidents in december grin grin grin i guess he never thought the more the travellers, the higher the risk of having an accident. grin grin
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by iykak47: 5:04am On Dec 22, 2011
gohome:

What if writhing is his hobby?
Niceyenuf:

His joblessness which in a totally wrong direction is a fact which can be attested to by us all. Saying someone is silly, a cretin or an is not a fact. Escpecially when the insult comes as a defence of yourself and u really have nothing to say or rather nothing meaningful to add to the body of knowledge. "prodgect things" (lol).
 miceyenuf, insulting others who advice  you that ''men of God'' are not God makes look  worse than uselesszzzz.
You keep talking about job,job, you have job, how  much is your salary? nwa bingo.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 22, 2011
hahahahaha, these men of god are all job men, Very true prophets out there these days, we in the last days, so its no suprise, I tend to believe in my own thoughts, meaning THEY CAN'T TELL ME NOTHING!!!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by ogaju007(m): 5:11am On Dec 22, 2011
iykak47:

miceyenuf, insulting others who advice  you that ''men of God'' are not God makes look  worse than uselesszzzz.
You keep talking about job,job, you have job, how  much is your salary? nwa bingo.

lol i can tell you're a salary earner grin grin grin that takes you out of the rich claim game. grin grin
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by iykak47: 5:12am On Dec 22, 2011
iykak47:

miceyenuf, insulting others who advice  you that ''men of God'' are not God makes you look  worse than uselesszzzz.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by iykak47: 5:36am On Dec 22, 2011
ogaju007:

lol i can tell you're a salary earner grin grin grin that takes you out of the rich claim game
ogaju007 link=topic=829598.msg9813969#msg9813969 date=1324527093:

lol i can tell you're a salary earner grin grin grin that takes you out of the rich claim game. grin grin
You are 101 percent wrong. This is anonymous forum so i have nothing to prove to you.
oya slap yourself.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 22, 2011
ogaju007:

i'm not bothered about you giving all your money to the church afterall its yours however, i'm bothered about the future of nigeria. this generation is being brainwashed into not thinking at all. graduates can't analyse their circumstances talkless of owning or managing companies. people are dumping hardwork and research for miracles. hmmmmnn  undecided undecided

Classic!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 22, 2011
omo_to_dun:

@Niceyenuf
I'd like to think that this thread is meant for intelligent folks. When a poster makes idiotic statements or say that another poster is jobless because the latter wrote a thoughtful article, I'll be quick to call him or her by the apposite name. On the other hand, if I disagree with someone else's trenchant views, I'll simply tender mine, respectfully, as expected in a civil conversation. My dear, you live in a glass house, do not throw stones.

GBAM
logica:

Wait a minute. Were you not the person that called a person "jobless" a few posts back? Is that an insult or not? Anyway I am not surprised; I have noticed religion dulls people's logic. When your logical acumen becomes too weak, you find yourself accusing people of doing THE SAME things you do. You end up being a hypocrite. It's the same reason all types of criminals file into churches and take front row seats without a feeling of discomfort: because whatever is being said in the church does not apply to them; it only applies to others.
Hmmm,
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by vezycash(m): 7:43am On Dec 22, 2011
abi oh!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Joey82(m): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2011
It is shameful to be rich in a poor country and shameful to be poor in a rich country,
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Detongue: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2011
Christianity is about peace, Islam is war, so ppl are careful 4 dir life
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Okijajuju1(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2011
Both men are criminal Jet owners who steal from the poor to enrich themselves.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by olawalebabs(m): 10:20am On Dec 22, 2011
Detongue:

Christianity is about peace, Islam is war, so ppl are careful 4 dir life
don't abuse the annoymity the cyber space confers.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by twentycent(m): 10:23am On Dec 22, 2011
Am confused, really short of words with a lot of happenings, hisses, shakes head and walks on.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by jimshimfe(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2011
I am not saying it is right to slap a person even in the name of witchcraft but i have seen in Islam and Christianity where persons accused of withcraft are flogged, chained, left out in the cold in the name of exorcising the spirits. My question, which is easier slapping a perceived witch or chaining her to a pole for months with various degree of cain,koboko etc lashes daily?
If a suspected witch comes close to you will you agree to slap him/her knowing he/she could be a threat if you treat them with kid gloves? For me i wont take it lightly if a so called/suspected witch comes close to me. I know we do not wrestle against flesh&blood, but many of us have been slapped in a molue for stepping on somebody's leg. How many slaps should a witch get then?
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by karpenter: 10:43am On Dec 22, 2011
Which interview was that?
Do you think you can see? What makes him a conman? has he conned you of anything? Has he violated you or any of your family members.
You claim to fight for the innocent yet you seat behind your desktop to accuse a man you will never make the kind of positive impact he has made in Nigeria even if you live up to 70 years. Shame on you. Hypocrite

Stop ignoring the main issue, which is "molesting an innocent girl." Address that!!! Is it okay because, Oyedepo did it?
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by jude33084(m): 11:01am On Dec 22, 2011
Enoch Adeboye dont go arround slapping people.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by karpenter: 11:06am On Dec 22, 2011
Well, ain't I surprised I get to be insulted. How does writing such a long story on Nairaland help solve Nigeria's problem. Every sane person will agree that writing such a long note is pure joblessness cos it won't change anything or anybody. How many pple read everything sef. Did u? Well only jobless pple would read it too. Concerning the name written under, how was I supposed to know that daretothink is not Segun Fakoya, or is daretothink your birthname. Even if u did not write it, U read it, agreed with and u took the effort of copying and pasting it. That is still joblessness. I presume u are an old man so look for something better to do. Well I am a student and i'll have u know that by the grace of God i'm doing very well in school (I love books and reading). God has made me one of the best among my peers. To Him alone be all the Glory. Waves of Glory shall continue till I graduate next year. (Amen). Pleas put the I in Niceyenuf. Thanks and God bless.

The time it took you identifying who's is jobless on nairaland, might just be the same time it took Segun Fakoya to write that long article. Writing is a special skill and a job of its own. If you’re in doubt, ask journalists. If you can't write, appreciate others who can. I suspect, you are mentally lazy, but you can prove me wrong by spending some time to dissect content of his article with no prejudice whatsoever. Once you do that, I am pretty sure you'll notice the validity of the points he raised. But I trust you won't, because, you're not “jobless” indeed.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by jude33084(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2011
ogaju007:

lol,  hmmmn so who are these ppl that see witches around? i was told by a silly pastor that witches drink blood during festive seasons thats why we have more accidents in december  grin grin grin i guess he never thought the more the travellers, the higher the risk of having an accident.  grin grin

Dont be angry, most of nigerian christians are gullible; they hav dropped rational thinking 4 urgent miracle. Imagine ur pastor telling u such. I thank God dat u didnt fall 4 d pastor.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by DrummaBoy(m): 11:42am On Dec 22, 2011
"The Bishop, the 'Winch' and the Slap"

COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU!

DON'T MISS IT!!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
@topic
because they are not better than our average thieving politicians.from long convoy with armed mopol,oppression,money laundering,slapping etc.All of them na thievies !
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by davidzfarm(m): 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2011
i actually listened to one of my Daddy's old message yesterday when he said that God told him way back in 1984 that what most people are saying on this thread are catalyst for moving forward.

Even some christian leaders started it and guess what, from Raji Oba to the Biggest Church Auditorium in the world(Guinness Book of Record).
from a Single jet to Three @ my last count.

Thank God most of you are not paying tithe in His Church, We do and we see the result.
why have you not asked urself if the men of God you mentioned in this thread are the only one collecting tithes and offering and what do others do with the collection.
I was a muslim, before the Holy Ghost speak to me to join this church and whao the testimonies are too much to mentioned.

can you imagine leaving a life of daily victories
not having to be sick or under depression.
God answering your prayers before they are mentioned.

Pls don't die in Ignorance, Biblical prosperity is real and I'm a wonder testimony of such.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by ogaju007(m): 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
Detongue:

Christianity is about peace, Islam is war,  so ppl are careful 4 dir life

one word!!! (DAFT)
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by yme1(f): 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
DrummaBoy:

"The Bishop, the 'Winch' and the Slap"

COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU!

DON'T MISS IT!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
or
"The Bishop, The winch For Jisox and The slap"  grin grin
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by ogaju007(m): 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2011
davidzfarm:

i actually listened to one of my Daddy's old message yesterday when he said that God told him way back in 1984 that what most people are saying on this thread are catalyst for moving forward.

Even some christian leaders started it and guess what, from Raji Oba to the Biggest Church Auditorium in the world(Guinness Book of Record).

Thank God most of you are not paying tithe in His Church, We do and we see the result.
why have you not asked urself if the men of God you mentioned in this thread are the only one collecting tithes and offering and what do others do with the collection.
I was a muslim, before the Holy Ghost speak to me to join this church and whao the testimonies are too much to mentioned.

Pls don't die in Ignorance, Biblical prosperity is real and I'm a wonder testimony of such.

thank goodness for you. if you're a true xtian, u will know the purpose of going to church is to praise God and not to look for miracles. i have done very well not because of religion but because I BELEIVE IN MYSELF.  but like i said if it works for you, then carry go.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by karpenter: 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2011

May God forgive you for this blasphamy. "And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven." Mathew 23:9
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by whitegal: 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
who is dat running their mouth lyk dirty water? will you shout up b4 God do it for you 4ever. Who gave u d guts to say the  servant of God is dis, and dat, I pity your generation, can u remember wen Elisha was angry cuz some children were calling him bare-headed man and immediately he called out beast to swallow them up, how much more being angry bcus some1 is blaspheming the Holy ghost. So shut up!!!!!!!!!!! where were you wen white garment prophets flog their members with brooms in a bid to deliver them from witch craft, who said anything about that, Dis is to tell you that  people will always castigate people that are destroying the devil and his kingdom, 1 more advice, shout up b4  God shut u and your generation up,
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by ogaju007(m): 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
whitegal:

who is dat running their mouth lyk dirty water? will you shout up b4 God do it for you 4ever. Who gave u d guts to say the  servant of God is dis, and dat, I pity your generation, can u remember wen Elisha was angry cuz some children were calling him bare-headed man and immediately he called out beast to swallow them up, how much more being angry bcus some1 is blaspheming the Holy ghost. So shut up!!!!!!!!!!! where were you wen white garment prophets flog their members with brooms in a bid to deliver them from witch craft, who said anything about that, Dis is to tell you that  people will always castigate people that are destroying the devil and his kingdom, 1 more advice, shout up b4  God shut u and your generation up,

OYEDEPO IS A BASTARD!!! and you are daft, is oyeslapper now the holy ghost? you're a confused empty head.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by bezimo(m): 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2011
All i see here, is pharisees and saducees who like in the time of Jesus where always trying to trap Jesus by his word or actions, but they where always dissapionted.Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor Enoch Adeboye remain influential figures in this continent, and there is nothing anyone can do about it, Pls leave this men of God alone.They have been more than a blessing to this nation.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by davidzfarm(m): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2011
its such a wonder to me that the people you call DAFT and all manner of names(members of LFC) are busy buying and acquiring all the good things of life as promised in scriptures, you can spread hate on the net but you can't deny the impact.
its time to reflect, you can live heaven in this present world because even Christ said that that the work he did we shall do far more, pls don't die in poverty, sickness and stagnation, belief in the word of God and you shall be totally liberated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Donates N5 Million To Man Whose Wife Was Killed By Police In Lagos / No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki / Man Claims Using Make-ups Will Lead Ladies To Hell - Twitter Users React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.