Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,202 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland (17813 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by karpenter: 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2011
All i see here, is pharisees and saducees who like in the time of Jesus where always trying to trap Jesus by his word or actions, but they where always dissapionted.Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor Enoch Adeboye remain influential figures in this continent, and there is nothing anyone can do about it, Pls leave this[b] men of God [/b] alone.They have been more than a blessing to this nation.

Who are you to judge and conclude that they are men of God? My friend, talk about yourself and don't judge anybody because the bible is against it. What blessing to the nation, or did you mean to say, blessing to their families?
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by karpenter: 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
its such a wonder to me that the people you call DAFT and all manner of names(members of LFC) are busy buying and acquiring all the good things of life as promised in scriptures, you can spread hate on the net but you can't deny the impact.
its time to reflect, you can live heaven in this present world because even Christ said that that the work he did we shall do far more, pls don't die in poverty, sickness and stagnation, belief in the word of God and you shall be totally liberated.

If you can show me anyone amongst Oyedepo's congregation that has been liberated to the degree that he also has a private jet, then I will believe you. Or is the blessing of private jet limited to only the Chairman of the Winners Chapel business empire?
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by logica(m): 2:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
davidzfarm:

its such a wonder to me that the people you call DAFT and all manner of names(members of LFC) are busy buying and acquiring all the good things of life as promised in scriptures, you can spread hate on the net but you can't deny the impact.
its time to reflect, you can live heaven in this present world because even Christ said that that the work he did we shall do far more, pls don't die in poverty, sickness and stagnation, belief in the word of God and you shall be totally liberated.
Another materialistic mor0n who will probably mock Jesus if he came back to life. Your interpretation of the Bible is the polar opposite of Jesus' teachings. I can't believe this. I'm not a Christian and I'm having to teach "Christians" how to be Christians. This is ridiculous.

But I have to give it to you guys: you have a talent for twisting every little word to suit your greed and materialism (example above - translating Jesus' proclamation of Christians doing more than he did to mean they will acquire more wealth. How twisted).

But sometimes your DAFTNESS is evident as that defense for the acquisition of private jets; claiming they are the equivalent of the donkey Jesus rode into Jerusalem.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by davidzfarm(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2011
I'VE DECIDED TO REMAIN ON  THIS THREAD TO AT LEAST LIBERATE SMONE, MR KARPENTER JUST ASK SMONE NOT TO JUDGE, ARE U SURE YOU ARE PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH. CAN WE REALLY CHECK THE BIBLE AND SEE WHAT THE MINISTERS OF GOD DID THAT WAS NOT IN COMPLIANCE,
JESUS NEEDED A RIDE WAS GIVEN A NEW ONE
HE NEEDED A PLACE FOR CONFERENCE AND WAS GIVEN THE UPPER ROOM.
IF TRULY YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN AND A SON OF GOD, YOU SHOULD REFLECT WHO YOUR FATHER HIS. IF NOT SMTHING IS WRONG SMWHRE
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by davidzfarm(m): 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
mr logical, if smone mentioned anything abt ur islam clerics you will declare fatwa on such, why not bother abt happenings in ur religion.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by logica(m): 2:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
davidzfarm:

mr logical, if smone mentioned anything abt your islam clerics you will declare fatwa on such, why not bother abt happenings in your religion.
The simplistic mind of a simpleton: "If he's not a Christian then he must be a Moslem". This is not Primary school where there are 3 religions - Christianity, Islam & Paganism. You are still in Primary School mode apparently.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by ogaju007(m): 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2011
logica:

The simplistic mind of a simpleton: "If he's not a Christian then he must be a Moslem". This is not Primary school where there are 3 religions - Christianity, Islam & Paganism. You are still in Primary School mode apparently.

GBAM!!!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by karpenter: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
I'VE DECIDED TO REMAIN ON  THIS THREAD TO AT LEAST LIBERATE SMONE, MR KARPENTER JUST ASK SMONE NOT TO JUDGE, ARE U SURE YOU ARE PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH. CAN WE REALLY CHECK THE BIBLE AND SEE WHAT THE MINISTERS OF GOD DID THAT WAS NOT IN COMPLIANCE,
JESUS NEEDED A RIDE WAS GIVEN A NEW ONE
HE NEEDED A PLACE FOR CONFERENCE AND WAS GIVEN THE UPPER ROOM.
IF TRULY YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN AND A SON OF GOD, YOU SHOULD REFLECT WHO YOUR FATHER HIS. IF NOT SMTHING IS WRONG SMWHRE

I know who my father is. He is God in heaven and the only one that should be referred to as spiritual father not your Oyedepo that most of you blasphemously referred to as "Daddy", contrary to stipulations in Mathew 23:9. The truth is always hidden from brainwashed souls. May God forgive you all because, some of you honestly seek for God but are being misled by material obsessed so called "men of God". Amen.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by davidzfarm(m): 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2011
Q. “How did you find God?”

A. “I came to know God in a fairly dramatic way. I was born into a christian home and always gone to church because my parents said we had to go. But after I grew up and left home – I drifted away from church until I had a little problem that defied all solutions and then someone invited me to the Redeemed Christian Church of God – I came expecting the pastor would just pray and my problems would just go, but instead he said I would have to give my life to Jesus Christ first – that if my sins are gone, my problems would disappear. So of course I resisted for a while but eventually I surrendered and as he said gave my life to Jesus Christ and my problems disappeared.”

Q. “When was that?”
A. “1973 – I was just over 31.”

Q. “If you don’t mind – what was the problem?”
A. “If you don’t mind (laughs) – as the problem is gone now, we may as well leave it there.”

Q. “You’re originally a student of mathematics how was that change to become a pastor?”
A. “Well, it didn’t quite change – once a mathematician – always a mathematician. But at that time I was a lecturer at the University of Lagos – that’s when I met the Lord. And after the founder of the church saw my zeal – he ordained me as a pastor, and when I became a pastor – I began to travel – going to universities, colleges and other institutions to share with them – my testimony, my experience. And when the founder died – we read in his will that I was to succeed him. To take over the leadership of the church – now, there was no way I could command the two, I couldn’t continue as a lecturer and still do my duties as the general overseer – that’s where mathematics had to stand aside for Christ to take full control.”

Q. “Must have been heady days – beginning of evangelical movement in Nigeria – how did you feel at the time, travelling the country?”
A. “Well, evangelical moves had been on before I became born again but yes it was quite exciting in those days – travelling across the country – meeting young people, lecturers, sharing with them – realising that many of us had been living in ignorance and then seeing the joy.”

The Redeemed Christian Church of God was founded in 1952 by Josiah Akindayomi – but when he died he left only forty churches to his chosen successor – Enoch Adeboye.
It is a choice that has proven extremely successful.
The Redeemed church claims to have over five million members across 20,000 branches in 140 countries worldwide.
And there are at least 540 branches in the UK and Ireland alone
Pentecostalism has swept through Nigeria and Africa in the last two decades – offering the promise – not just of entry into heaven in the after-life but of jobs, marriage, children, health and money in this life.

Q. “In 1981 you were made the general overseer – how did you feel?”
A. “That was quite an experience. Of course I didn’t want to have anything to do with working fulltime for Christ – I preferred the way I was doing it – teaching at the university, preaching the gospel – because that allowed me more or less to be my own master. The university was paying me – in those days lecturers were well paid – and church was very poor. But then when the time came – I discovered, I might lack some things but I have a joy that money can’t buy. So it was quite fulfilling – challenging, but fulfilling.”

Q. “How do you feel when you’re at the altar, preaching?”
A. “Of course you feel excited. You feel fulfilled- you are being used by God to meet the needs of so many people at a time which is probably one of the greatest joys of being a pastor. In the university, yes you are influencing lives, teaching them – moulding them – but they are very few in number – I think the largest number of students I had in one class must be less than 100- now to see you could influence 1million people at a time can be very exciting.”

Q. “What is the Nigerian way of worship?”
A. “Our freedom of worship – the way we dance, shout, enjoy the almighty God – so I think that bit of us, bubbling enthusiasm – all is a good influence.”

Q. “Your style is not as loud, people describe you as being very humble, no expensive suits – why is that? Is there a reason behind it?”
A. “I believe the gospel is for all people. But I believe it is even more for the masses and majority of the masses – if you are going to reach for them you have to be at their level. If they see in you someone they can relate to – it’ll be easier for them to listen, to hear from you. One thing I’ve discovered about the masses – even though they might be poor and not high up there – there’s still something in them that doesn’t like being looked down upon. So they relate to someone who will talk to them at their level. But not just that – the so called high and mighty – if you get close to them, you will know that underneath the beautiful dresses – they’re human – presidents, heads of states, CEOs – they all still go to the toilet – they all still get tired, all feel pain – so if you go to the basics you will reach everyone. Because in every man there is that basic need.”

Q. “What do you think explains the explosion of evangelical churches?”
A. “Maybe we’ll say the economic situation, social problems that we face have been a very good catalyst in bringing people to Christ. I must add that some people exploited that – setting up fake churches – knowing that people will come to wherever they hear God is healing. But , like I keep telling people – any time you see a counterfeit – it means the original must be somewhere. You won’t see a counterfeit N2000 note – cause there’s no original.”

Q. “What happens if you find con-artists?”
A. “If we discover such a fellow – we dismiss him – we don’t compromise at all. And our people know that. If you find a pastor twisting the word of the bible to his own advantage – all you have to do is let me know.”

Q. “Do you think Nigeria is on a religious frontline?”
A. “There’s no doubt about that.”

Q. “That can become violent. Is that part of the course?”
A. “I believe – anytime light begins to shine – there’s bound to be a little resistance from darkness. So that’s a settled matter. Unfortunate as it may seem – some politicians go in the guise of religion to perpetrate evil. I do not think genuine Christians and genuine Muslims will fight. If you kill a Muslim – you are killing a potential convert – someone who is dead cannot be converted and of course a Muslim killing a Christian – you are also killing a potential convert. But I think most of the crisis are not really religion – it’s politics. Some politicians choose to use religion as a tool for their own ulterior motives.”

Q. “Do you think the church can play a role in politics?”
A. “Of course – who was it that said man is a political animal. Everybody should decide who is going to rule over him and you should not complain about anything you permit. If you fail to vote, fail to participate in the political situation and someone gets to become your ruler and you say you don’t like the way he’s ruling you – who’s fault? Where were you when he was being voted into power? And if someone gets into power and he’s not doing what you expect him to do – then vote him out.”

Q. “Does the church play enough role?”
A. “Maybe they should do more. Because I believe in the past – the people have been so focused on making it to heaven that they don’t want anything to do with politics – politics has gizzards, which is another way of saying politics can be dirty. Christians are the light of the world – should be shining a light not being the salt of the earth which is only of use if its applied – so I think we should be doing more than we are doing now.”

Q. “You have the ear of presidents – do you support, talk and support certain candidates?”
A. “When I am consulted I do talk. But then all you can do is advise – you can’t command – you can say this is the way I think this thing should be done then they’re free to decide whether they will take your advice or ignore it. You are free once in a while to make a move that will show the man on top the feelings of the masses because we are very close to the masses. I’m into saying presidents and governors are not close to the masses – but you know fully well, that if there’s total black out in the nation – lights will still be on in state house. But as we live with the people on a daily basis – we can feel their pulses better. So when things become a little too uncomfortable for the masses – we take some actions.”

Q. “Try to make them sway for a particular way to vote?”
A. “No. I mean – when you have this kind of congregation – you have members of every party in the congregation and if you want to retain their respect for you – you must be neutral. My suggestion would always be – make sure you vote for the person of your choice – if the choice you make turns out to be right – glory be to God, if your choice turns out wrong then maybe another time.”

Q. “People want better life – not just in the afterlife but today – would it not be better to protest outside government house?”
A. “Prayers can move mountains. Protesting outside government house – how much has it achieved? You go there – you carry placards, if you’re fortunate – you will return home alive, if you are not fortunate – some overzealous police officer might accidentally discharge some bullets. And you protest day after day after day and after some time you get tired.”

Q. Do you think church has brought people out of the widespread poverty?”
A. “Sure – we are trying our best – the problem is huge – we might not see results to soon but we are doing our best we have programmes that are talking about how to start little business, we have seminars on small scale farming, seminars on almost everything – in other words we’re saying don’t look onto government for everything – be creative.”

Q. “What else do you like doing apart from the Redeemed, religion?”
A. “I love fishing. I used to be a boxer – unfortunately I can’t box anymore, except box the devil maybe.”

Q. “How did you feel about Newsweek?”
A. ‘I felt humbled. Because – how could they possibly leave all the archbishops and big, big names and chose a small pastor in one little jungle. I was surprised and humbled and drove me closer to God.”

Q. “Is it a responsibility – the influence you have on people?”
A. “Of course it is- if I had my way, I would not want influence over anyone but my little family. Particularly as the bible says on the day of judgement – judgment is going to be based on this influence – how have you used this influence – for good or evil. One man was complaining to a great preacher – the preacher said what is your problem, the man said – my congregation is only fifty people in number. And the preacher said – you have a lot of people to answer for when you get to heaven – you should thank God there are only fifty.”

Q. “What else do you like doing apart from the Redeemed, religion?”
A. “I love fishing. I used to be a boxer – unfortunately I can’t box anymore, except box the devil maybe. And I go for walks, long walks. Unfortunately I don’t have time for any other thing. It’s difficult for me to now even walk in the streets – everybody wants to come and ask me to pray for them. Occasionally I want to go to market – to buy things for myself – but last time I went to the supermarket I had to run back into the car because the people who were around the shop left the shop and wanted to turn the place into a crusade ground. So I can only walk in the night when they’re supposed to be sleeping and they can’t disturb me – and once in a while I go to fish in a place that is excluded – just for the fun of it.”

Q. “Would you like to retire? Will you keep going until the end?”
A. “I would have loved to retire – I had plans of what I could do in retirement – when you are retired – you are more or less your own master – wake up whenever you like, go where you want, when you want. If I’m retired I don’t have to be in charge of the congress – I can just come and enjoy.”

Q. “Where would you like to see Redeemed go from here?”
A. “Still a long way from our goal. We want to reach the whole world – want to have churches in every nation and have members in every family in the whole world and that’s where we believe God will take us before I leave this world.”
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by bezimo(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2011
I know who my father is. He is God in heaven and the only one that should be referred to as spiritual father not your Oyedepo that most of you blasphemously referred to as "Daddy", contrary to stipulations in Mathew 23:9. The truth is always hidden from brainwashed souls. May God forgive you all because, some of you honestly seek for God but are being misled by material obsessed so called "men of God". Amen.

Why Did prophet Elisha call prophet Elijah when he was leaving the earth enroute to heaven "my father, my father, the chariot of Isreal" 2kings 2:12, also 2kings 6:21, the king of Isreal was referring to Prophet Elisha as my father,Pls confirm your Facts thoroughly from scriptures so you dont confuse anyone here, pls recognize that there are individuals that God has placed in our midst that we should recognize as Spiritual Fathers.Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor E.A Adeboye are fathers to many including me.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
karpenter:

The time it took you identifying who's is jobless on nairaland, might just be the same time it took Segun Fakoya to write that long article. Writing is a special skill and a job of its own. If you’re in doubt, ask journalists. If you can't write, appreciate others who can. I suspect, you are mentally lazy, but you can prove me wrong by spending some time to dissect content of his article with no prejudice whatsoever. Once you do that, I am pretty sure you'll notice the validity of the points he raised. But I trust you won't, because, you're not “jobless” indeed.
Well, thank you Carpenter.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by karpenter: 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
Why Did prophet Elisha call prophet Elijah when he was leaving the earth enroute to heaven "my father, my father, the chariot of Isreal" 2kings 2:12, also 2kings 6:21, the king of Isreal was referring to Prophet Elisha as my father,Pls confirm your Facts thoroughly from scriptures so you dont confuse anyone here, pls recognize that there are individuals that God has placed in our midst that we should recognize as Spiritual Fathers.Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor E.A Adeboye are fathers to many including me.

You are exhibiting signs of un-repentance and I can only but pity you and others in the same class. How could you refer to Elijah/Elisha tale, instead of the ONLY LAST WORD in Christianity-JESUS CHRIST? Are you sure you are a Christian? Me, by the grace of God, I am a Christian and will forever comply with Jesus Christ teachings, which in this case, requested me in Mathew 23:9 not refer to anybody on earth as a spiritual[b] father[/b]. QED. Carry on as you fancy, that's your business.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Melinde: 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2011
thank i am a catholic, catholic church will always tell you nothing but the truth.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by fred2265: 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2011
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 22, 2011
jim shimfe:

I am not saying it is right to slap a person even in the name of witchcraft but i have seen in Islam and Christianity where persons accused of withcraft are flogged, chained, left out in the cold in the name of exorcising the spirits. My question, which is easier slapping a perceived witch or chaining her to a pole for months with various degree of cain,koboko etc lashes daily?
If a suspected witch comes close to you will you agree to slap him/her knowing he/she could be a threat if you treat them with kid gloves? For me i wont take it lightly if a so called/suspected witch comes close to me. I know we do not wrestle against flesh&blood, but many of us have been slapped in a molue for stepping on somebody's leg. How many slaps should a witch get then?
The contents of your comment goes to show how much of an uneducated slowpoke you are, Was she delivered after the slap? Nigerians are just so dumb and that is why everything is just jagajaga. Watch that video properly and you would see that girl is an illiterate and probably had difficulty expressing herself, She obviously is not a witch, SHE was trying to tell that douchebag that she was not a witch, have you not heard people say stuffs like I am a radical for Jesus? She probably heard someone say that and decided to do same, grow up all of you trying to justify this unholy, despicable act. What is wrong is wrong, Wrong can never be redefined.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by y2kaustin(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
What amazes me with Nigerians is the fact that we ignore pressing issues and major on issues that shouldnt even be an issue in the first place. But when they are tired of talking, they will keep quiet, just like they got tired of talking about the schools and jets. Our politicians are hoodwinking us, president and vice's feeding is almost a billion naira , but we comment little about those. This attitude of majoring on minor issues is why the country is still the way it is.!!

Ppeople should Fear God Ohhh
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by ogaju007(m): 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
y2kaustin:

What amazes me with Nigerians is the fact that we ignore pressing issues and major on issues that shouldnt even be an issue in the first place. But when they are tired of talking, they will keep quiet, just like they got tired of talking about the schools and jets. Our politicians are hoodwinking us, president and vice's feeding is almost a billion naira , but we comment little about those. This attitude of majoring on minor issues is why the country is still the way it is.!!

Ppeople should Fear God Ohhh

you know what, the developed countries solve big issues by solving the small ones first. that gives you a baseline to work upon.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Chichilas: 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
All those nairalanders who are in support of Adeboye slapping a lady in the name of deliverance should watch people like pastor Chris and TB Joshua displaying superior spirituality over witches during deliverance, you would then be in a position to judge the action of your so called man of God. Not saying chris and Tb are men of God but they always display stronger power over the people they are suppose to be delivering unlike this case where he had to slap to prove he was superior and then condemn her without deliverance. How funny.

It is clear from the Video that he condemned that lady to hell. "Is he God?" If he has no power to make her surrender, then he should simply turn in shame and find someone else to manipulate.

Nigeria will never move forward with the mindset of so many people. Go the UK, America and Europe to see how churches are run, it is not a family affair like Nigeria where husband is pastor, wife is assistant pastor, son is accountant, daughter is branch pastor.

How else do you want to explain this, supporters of this churches and their actions are part of the reasons why Nigeria keeps going backward. What a shame.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by drstone1: 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
Reading comments here on nairaland is an experience of sorts. I think the issue at stake will continue to offend scoffers, atheists, religious bigots, and liberals. and there may be no end to the abominable vituperations, since no one can be censored for opening his mouth to any adjustable circumference and just reeling out any acrid and poisonous effluents from his/her degenerate mind(s). And if i may add, the Moderators have decided to cast off all restraints in ensuring decorum, decency and orderly discussions on their web forum.
Be that as it may, One of the quotes i have long kept at heart is a quote by C.S. Lewis i read years ago, EDUCATION WITHOUT GOD ONLY MAKES MEN BECOME CLEVER DEVILS!!!

This is the trend of the new world order. In the name of Human rights, literacy, modernity and being liberal!!! It is now not modern(crude and barbaric) to effect corrections and discipline your child by use of the rod, when necessary. Capital punishment should be totally abrogated . You must accomodate other peoples sensibilities by not condemning gay & lesbian lifestyles, while they may not care about yours. A new legislation now says you can have sex freely with any animal of your choice and very soon you have a right to request to be joined for marriage with a Dog by a Church if you so desire and they may not have to object because it is will be viewed as criminal and a transgression of the law of the land. It is the thinking of this school, that religious persuasion should be outrightly discarded as it has brought about more hatred, division and destruction.  Man needs no moral Law to guide his affairs;  the Human mind and Reason should be elevated above any moral Law or Authority. That there really is no after life, God, spirits,  or other such forces(good or evil) in life but that we are all an accident of evolutional history and matter. So, let us cast off all restraints!!

It is this kind of thinking that has brought some people to the point where they can say whatever they feel and give no hoot about it.
Education has brought man a point where you may not have any qualms questioning anything.
From what we know in history, this same Education as we have received it, is the fruit of arduous effort by religious men to understand their world. Most of these leading icons of knowledge and discoverers of remarkable inventions, acknowledged that the inspiration they got could not have been by themselves but was entirely divinely assisted. They built the first monasteries, universities, schools to rescue people from the grips of ignorance and better the world and society by their inventions.

If any man, by reason of the exercise of HIS right to  FREEWILL of CHOICE, decides not to choose GOD either by the "superior" judgement of his reason, education, intellectual sagacity,means or comfort, he has also by the exercise of that will, made a choice even if it is not meant, to subjugate himself to the tyranny of EVIL and become its slave. Evil must become his master, tyrant and dictate his existence. bottom line_FEAR GOD; even while freely expressing your candid OPINION on NairaLand. With all that you think you know, admit, wisely that there is so much more about REALITY that you may not know and as such, even your most passionate and tightly held conclusions may still be tainted with a very wide margin of error!!! Wishing you all a merry christmas and a very happy new year.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by stede(m): 4:24am On Dec 23, 2011
The society has degenerated to the extent that even witches are so free to say whatever they like in the name of fundamental human (witches?) right.
The slaps and blows we receive from the politicians today ( house of assembly, gov house, secteriats) are unprecedented anywhere in the world, resources are being unfairly shared, lives and destinies are being wasted(before, during and after election); while we find it difficult to rise up to challenge these pilferers effectively,we waste Nairaland pages discussing how to deal with a bishop for slapping a witch.    
Wake up Nairalanders,
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by EagleNest(m): 6:12am On Dec 23, 2011
Do not be decieved, God is not mocked. Whatever a man sows so shall he reap. Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Instructions on daily living and prophecy of this age is in the bible. Knowledge + understanding + application = wisdom. No wonder the children of darkeness are wiser than children of Light. Do u know what time it is? Joy to the Wise!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Ezejesi: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2011
well in as much as some of us wants to sound reasonable,its only a fool that will say there is no God. what right do you have as a mere mortal to curse the one God has blessed, it would have been better that you were not born. Adeboye and Oyedepo are men God. you talk about him buying jets and building schools,do you also talk about wen at the age of seventeen Adeboye did not have even a slippers to wear. "touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm". jugdement belongs to God. Irest my case.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by y2kaustin(m): 11:03am On Dec 23, 2011
TRue word Ezeajese
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Psteve: 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
The Bishop is a man of unequal intellegence and had shown that intellegent people can become something from nothing as we can see in the world class ministry,publishing and education.Nigerians should be proud of a man like this.I have learnt that when people are idle for too long, their brain becomes the devil's workshop. Satan's 3 mission is simply to steal, kill and destroy anything good or anyone doing well. They did to Benson Idahosa of blessed memory and these agents are still very much around, But don't you wonder why their attention are always on frontline Pastors? I'm aware this little girl came back 2months latter to apologised and to received her freedom. This forum should not be fooled. And not all postings merit our attention here. Let these agents Leave the Bishop and his father Papa Adeboye alone!
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by mikeapollo: 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2011
Psteve:

The Bishop is a man of unequal intellegence and had shown that intellegent people can become something from nothing as we can see in the world class ministry,publishing and education.Nigerians should be proud of a man like this.I have learnt that when people are idle for too long, their brain becomes the devil's workshop. Satan's 3 mission is simply to steal, kill and destroy anything good or anyone doing well. They did to Benson Idahosa of blessed memory and these agents are still very much around,  But don't you wonder why their attention are always on frontline Pastors? I'm aware this little girl came back 2months latter to apologised and to received her freedom. This forum should not be fooled. And not all postings merit our attention here. Let these agents Leave the Bishop and his father Papa Adeboye alone!

We should be proud of a Bishop that slaps an innocent and defenceless girl? Can he slap a full blown Occult Babalawo like that?
What he did to that girl is a disgrace and embarrasment. But Jesus is not mocked nor surprised, He had said it that 'by their fruits ye shall know them', and 'not all thee that call me Lord, Lord shall enter the kindgom of God, but only those who do the will of God'. Physical assault is not a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Shame
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by dare2think: 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2011
mikeapollo:

Physical assault is not a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Apparently it is, in Africa.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by tavon(m): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2011
hahahahaha laughing at the stupidity of uneducated Nigerians. Putting their foolish local champion pastors in comparison to the likes of Jesus. Poverty will kill all of you. Moronic christian fanatics
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 24, 2011
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by dasparrow: 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2011
@OP
I guess because they both pastor extremely large populations of worshippers? I don't know. I do know that Oyedepo's face is all over the internet right now because he slapped a young girl for saying "she is witch for Jesus" or something like that.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Comus98: 11:33am On Jan 04, 2012
Niceyenuf,when dr Segun Fakoya was trying to educate you why did you say that he is jobless?Don't worry I already know the answer,you are a black African and like most black Africans,you hate the light and appreciate the darkness.You even sound like someone who attended a very local secondary school hence your highly intellectually deficient answer to such a wonderful and insightful post by Segun Fakoya.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by Comus98: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2012
Tavon,Iagree with you ,most Nigerian christians are ready to compare Mr "Private jet give me your tithes or you die" to Jesus of the bible.So sad,no wonder poverty of the mind is affecting them.
Re: Why So Much Attention On Bishop Oyedepo And Pastor Adeboye On Nairaland by amor4ce(m): 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2012
Which of these "pastors" have correctly interpreted the assurance that GOD gave to Abraham as recorded in Genesis 15?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To God's General - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Surrogate Mother: What Does The Bible Say? / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.