Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures (4898 Views)

KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / Photos Of The New LASTMA Cabs Set To Be Launched / Several Dead As Trailer Crushes Commercial Bus At Ketu, Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by badesco(m): 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2011
It has been regular practice among some ignorant Lastma official in Lagos to drive a commercial vehicle when the driver committed a traffic offence. Let us look at this scenario holistically, in the real sense, even if a driver of commercial or private vehicle committed a traffic offense, Is it right for the Lastma official to drive this contravened vehicle? Supposing in the course of driving this vehicle he damage something in the vehicle or better still had an accident or something terrible happen to this contravene vehicle? who pays for the damges? state or the Lastma official? Your views are welcme.

Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by werepeLeri: 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2011
try and look wider than your local perspective. So, if a driver commits an offence, and gets arrested and cuffed and taken away, he will still be the one to drive the said vehicle away from the scene of the arrest?
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by badesco(m): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2011
werepeLeri:

try and look wider than your local perspective. So, if a driver commits an offence, and gets arrested and cuffed and taken away, he will still be the one to drive the said vehicle away from the scene of the arrest?

so In a situation whereby he was not handcuffed and the vehicle is working perfectly. so what happen? or in another scenario, whereby you are driving your private car and lasman official contravened your for an offence, would you be so gullible to allow him drive your car to their office, all because he is a lastma official. you need to wise up.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by dammytosh: 11:53am On Dec 23, 2011
werepeLeri:

Yes, i said it. No hope for this country. Does Lastma hand cuff offenders ? Your view sounds like your name.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by Baawaa(m): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2011

I believe u know more than this
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2011
dammytosh:

Yes, i said it. No hope for this country. Does Lastma hand cuff offenders ? Your view sounds like your name.
I tell ya, silly view,

@Topic, Well i guess that happens to danfo drivers only, i cant imagine lastman driving my vehicle, vehicle he cant afford, we go sleep for that road
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by Woke4all(m): 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2011
They do dat for security reasons.

Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by dammytosh: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2011
odiaero:

I tell ya, silly view,

@Topic, Well i guess that happens to danfo drivers only, i cant imagine lastman driving my vehicle, vehicle he cant afford, we go sleep for that road

They av attempted it on my vehicle before. The guy was so excited to drive it a new generation car. I just activated my security mode and told him he can not move my vehicle an inch.

I am now wiser. You dont come out of ur vehicle for any LASTMA official. No matter how grave your offence sounds.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by Woke4all(m): 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2011
dammytosh:

I am now wiser. You dont come out of your vehicle for any LASTMA official. No matter how grave your offence sounds.
EXACTLY grin

All you gat do is park at the middle of the road, wind up, cause traffic they'll let you go!
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by gulfer: 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2011
Definitely a capital NO!!!!!
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by Myself2(m): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2011
odiaero:

I tell ya, silly view,

Abi ooooo
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by gulfer: 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2011
Definitely a capital NO!!!!! They should not drive the vehicles which have commited road traffic offences,
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by txh(m): 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2011
thats Nigeria for you grin
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by werepeLeri: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2011
dammytosh:

Yes, i said it. No hope for this country.  Does Lastma hand cuff offenders ?  Your view sounds like your name.

No no no - its your brain that is in archive. Where did i say Lastma can handcuff drivers? So if an offence is committed, and a policeman handcuffs the driver- and a lastma guy is there, it is wrong for him to drive the car away?

No hope for this country? I bet yah- with folks like you around who makes noise on the internet. And as per my name - do not worry about it.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by werepeLeri: 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2011
Baawaa:

I believe u know more than this

No i dont- i know nothing bros - we need to learn from u sir.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by dammytosh: 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2011
werepeLeri:

No no no - its your brain that is in archive. Where did i say Lastma can handcuff drivers? So if an offence is committed, and a policeman handcuffs the driver- and a lastma guy is there, it is wrong for him to drive the car away?

No hope for this country? I bet yah- with folks like you around who makes noise on the internet. And as per my name - do not worry about it.

The poster mentioned LASTMA and u answered accordingly. Admit ur senseless post and move on instead of ranting here.

You goofed and it is understandable. just keep quiet. This is the last time i will reply you on this same response.

Good day.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by Intrepid1(m): 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2011
Woke4all:

EXACTLY grin

All you gat do is park at the middle of the road, wind up, cause traffic they'll let you go!

Bros, dem neva tow your moto before abi?
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by Pukkah: 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2011
Where is the issue of handcuffs coming into this for God's sake? Isn't a traffic offence a civil matter?

A traffic officer has no right to drive your vehicle. Anyone with a contrary view should provide his/her reason.

These traffic officers simply take advantage of ignorant or cowardly Nigerians. I once had cause to chide a LASTMA official who was driving an alleged traffic offender's car. He was embarrassed and he tried to mumble an excuse.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by dammytosh: 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2011
Pukkah:

Where is the issue of handcuffs coming into this for God's sake? Isn't a traffic offence a civil matter?

I wonder ooo. My brother.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by werepeLeri: 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2011
dammytosh:

The poster mentioned LASTMA and u answered accordingly. Admit your senseless post and move on instead of ranting here. 

You goofed and it is understandable. just keep quiet.  This is the last time i will reply you on this same response.

Good day.

Who has time for you? Thank God you wont reply. Mr. Know it All.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by Okijajuju1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2011
Not even the Nigerian Police has the right to enter your vehicle, let alone drive it.

Thats criminal trespass and is an offence under the law.

If you are found guilty, you would be arrested, charged and then your vehicle towed from the scene after proper investigation. LASTMA does not have the right to enter your vehicle either.

And if anything goes wrong with your vehicle under their custody, they are liable.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by Pukkah: 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2011
Okija_juju:

Not even the Nigerian Police has the right to enter your vehicle, let alone drive it.

If you are found guilty, you would be arrested, charged and then your vehicle towed from the scene after proper investigation. LASTMA does not have the right to enter your vehicle either.

And if anything goes wrong with your vehicle under their custody, they are liable.

It's a pity that Nigerians have become so ignorant and backward to the extent that they don't know their rights anymore. It's indeed a worrisome situation. I may be sympathetic to someone that says that he's aware of his rights but he's not able to enforce it because he is scared of 'accidental discharge' grin from policemen.

However, I find it queer that educated Nigerians are under the impression that policemen, even LASTMA officials, can just take over their vehicles because of a traffic offence.
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by KayDee4: 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2011
Okija_juju:

Ha ha ha, that Nigerian policemen operate under no laws coupled with our screwed up justice system renders all that irrelevant.

I used to argue with policemen a lot when i was younger and i once struggled with an armed policeman who wanted to take the key of the car i was driving. that i didnt get shot by a trigger happy policeman in those years of my craziness, na miracle. So now I approach them calmly and talk my way out of issues. If you talk of sueing, the courts will frustrate you. (Ive never tried this anyway but i know people who have).

As for unarmed LASTMA officials, no no no, he has no right to drive your car, i wont even let you in.

When will they start giving traffic tickets in Nigeria and stop wasting people's time on the roads ??
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by kizito96(m): 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2011
They don't know they Law. They are bullies
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by Joagbaje(m): 7:09am On Dec 24, 2011
PLS THROW MORE LIGHT

Okija_juju:

pls I'm interested in this part. May we know under what law? Is it in the criminal code or something? Can we have a reference? Thanks
Re: Lastma Official Drive A Commercial Bus- Is It Legal? See Pictures by phrankar(f): 8:02am On Dec 24, 2011
se its LASTMA driving offenders car dat u've seen dats making u worry dis much? Hmm, me i've seen wit my own korokoro eyes one of them asking for vehicle particulars, i almost came out of my car to slap d taxi driver for giving d man his papers. Or pls correct me if im wrong, do LASTMA hv d rite to ask for ones vehicle papers?

(1) (Reply)

Hissing Sound Wen Steering My Car; What's Wrong / Please Advise Me: Seller Has No Custom Papers / Innoson: Do Not Change Your Logo Or Accept Any Logo Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.