Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! (11804 Views)

Forex Shortage Hits Airlines As $575m Stuck In Nigeria / 3 Arik Staff Arrested For Stealing Jet Fuel From Arik Plane / Cheers To Screams As Jet From Ny Crashes In Guyana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2011
stagger:

OP,

Have you ever bothered to ask yourself what "dual purpose" in the DPK stands for?

There are three grades of kerosene:

ATK (aviation type kerosene which is essentially Jet A1)
HHK (household kerosene)
DPK (dual purpose kerosene which can be used as domestic cooking fuel and can be modified for aviation use).

Have you heard that any aircraft has crashed recently because they used DPK?

It is always proper for people to study situations and get their facts straight before publishing.

That said, it is unethical to source DPK locally at N40.90 (NNPC price) and sell the same as Aviation kerosene (Jet A1). At the end of the day, the high air fares being paid by passengers is the end-result of such practices.
And what exactly are you driving at ? The problem is not about usage but diversion of what is meant for the public to private airlines.Mind you,this product is already subsidized !
publisher:

Bros u seem to be the only smart one on this thread,so far. Nairaland is filled with first class Mugus whose porous IQs only get ignited by ANY form of bad news on Nigeria,verified or not.
ode and you still havent seen the main reason why Sanusi and co want subsidy to go. . .
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by publisher(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
[size=11
~Bluetooth:

And what exactly are you driving at ? The problem is not about usage but diversion of what is meant for the public to private airlines.Mind you,this product is already subsidized !ode and you still havent seen the main reason why Sanusi and co want subsidy to go. . .
pt]
You are the senior 'ode buruku' in this whole thread. Sahara Oil has always been known as a major supplier of aviation fuel. Someone wake ups and alleges that Sahara oil has now diverted and sells domestic kerosene to airlines in place of Aviation fuel,not yet verified and u are already taking sides? Is your father a tanker driver with Sahara oil? Maybe he has already confirmed this allegation in his ogogoro joint. ediot. grin[/size]
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by donguutti: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
This isnt suprising,when a was a kid at FAAN quarters ikeja in the early 90's,we usf jet A to cook when kero was scarce.they re aalmost identical structuraly(just addidives to jet A).THE only problem is corruption.the kero that is supposd to be sold at 50 is hijacked and resold as jet A,nd kero is nw at 140 .
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by stagger: 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

And what exactly are you driving at ? The problem is not about usage but diversion of what is meant for the public to private airlines.Mind you,this product is already subsidized !ode and you still havent seen the main reason why Sanusi and co want subsidy to go. . .

It is a waste of time answering people like you. Apparently you are so blind that you did not read the last paragraph in my post.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
publisher:

You are the senior 'ode buruku' in this whole thread. Sahara Oil has always been known as a major supplier of aviation fuel. Someone wake ups and alleges that Sahara oil has now diverted and sells domestic kerosene to airlines in place of Aviation fuel,not yet verified and u are already taking sides? Is your father a tanker driver with Sahara oil? Maybe he has already confirmed this allegation in his ogogoro joint. ediot. grin

If you wanna talk about sharp practices in the petroleum sector with me,i will beat you hands down.The allegation is the truth about what major marketers do.It's a normal thing to source from products and manipulate in order to maximize your profits.was is not the same people that will mix petrol with black oil and sell to the public as diesel ? Open your eyes and stop arguing blindly here,people are making billions of naira from ilegality in this country and the only thing you can do is either believe it or ignore it at your own peril.Maybe you should go and watch sanusi as he leaks part of the illegality in the oil sector.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2011
stagger:

It is a waste of time answering people like you. Apparently you are so blind that you did not read the last paragraph in my post.

It's you that should use your brain to know that greedy marketers will prefer to sell an already subsidize product at an extraordinary price to an airline than sell to the average Nigeria at the subsidized rate.have you ever ask yourself why there is scarcity of kerosene in this country ?
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by stagger: 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

It's you that should use your brain to know that greedy marketers will prefer to sell an already subsidize product at an extraordinary price to an airline than sell to the average Nigeria at the subsidized rate.have you ever ask yourself why there is scarcity of kerosene in this country ?

You were probably in secondary school when I started petroleum business, including kerosene. I can sit you down and send you to school over petroleum business. Don't talk to me about a business which you know nothing about and which I can teach yo
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2011
stagger:

You were probably in secondary school when I started petroleum business, including kerosene. I can sit you down and send you to school over petroleum business. Don't talk to me about a business which you know nothing about and which I can teach yo
interesting. . .you may start by telling me how diversion,illegal combination of products and bunkering is being carried out ?
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by udohzone(m): 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2011
Part of Deregulation, grin
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by stagger: 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

interesting. . .you may start by telling me how diversion,illegal combination of products and bunkering is being carried out ?

Why do you want to know about the illegal aspects of the business? Are you a criminal?
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
stagger:

Why do you want to know about the illegal aspects of the business? Are you a criminal?
Like I said,you be small pikin in petroleum business i.e if you have really gone far in it.Oil marketers make money from illegalities.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by stagger: 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Like I said,you be small pikin in petroleum business i.e if you have really gone far in it.Oil marketers make money from illegalities.

This shows how warped your thinking is, and why Nigeria is the way it is. So those who are ripping off the masses and these countries are the big pikins, then those who play by the rules are the small pikins, right?

I rather be a small pikin in business doing the right thing than to soil my hands in illegality. Nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Yinkay: 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2011
SaharaReporters has not been able to confirm if the Minister for Petroleum Resources has taken any actions in response to the petition in order to save the country further air tragedies.

what action do we expect from the Minister? during the last Senate hearing when Oil Minister/NNPC GMD were summoned, Tonye Cole was sitting right behind the Minister and NNPC GMD.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
stagger:

This shows how warped your thinking is, and why Nigeria is the way it is. So those who are ripping off the masses and these countries are the big pikins, then those who play by the rules are the small pikins, right?

I rather be a small pikin in business doing the right thing than to soil my hands in illegality. Nonsense!
You are not even anything because I'm yet to see a credible oil marketer in Nigeria even those fuel attendants would still find a way to manipulate their engines to steal from the public.i still maintain my stand that the OP is correct about the allegation about this oil marketer.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2011
i also work in the oil and gas industry, and as i previously stated, i saw a copy of this letter . the company was not named though.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by otokx(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2011
Sahara Energy should give their own side of the story then FG through its appropriate organs should do their own work.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by zannie(f): 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2011
Stagger and Agoworo r very wise people
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by stagger: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
Abagworo:

Dpk and Atk can be used by any air craft. Dpk does not in anyway compromise the safety of an aircraft but the problem here is the economic sabotage. This is part of the reason why subsidy removal is very important.

Let us analyse the fraud being perpetuated by Sahara Oil. They import Dpk at a landing and profit cost of 130 Naira per liter and Government pays them 90 Naira as subsidy. That way they have already made profit and recovered the money invested. The fraud is that rather than sell to the local consumers at 40 Naira, they still went ahead to sell at more than 130 Naira to the airlines thereby making another profit of 90 Naira per liter.

As someone rightly pointed out, when you see one of the owners of this company sitting behind the GMD of NNPC and the Petroleum minister in a senate hearing, what does that tell you?

There are people at the top complicit in this monumental scam and anytime you pay N21,000 or N30,000 for a flight of 45 to 60 minutes in Nigeria, these are the people smiling to the bank.

But guess what? The judgement of God will come down hard on this people before 2015. God no dey sleep o!
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Konnektions146(m): 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2011
in Nigeria, anythin is possible. i ve seen where some naija guys sell some concortion in the name of deisel and those big truck drivers buy them and i wonder,
so this is not a suprising thin

nigeria is possibilities
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Kx: 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2011
one day, those airlines will buy water thinking they ve bought jet fuel.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Pharoh: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
Corruption left, right, center, up and down . . . shocked
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by POTUT(m): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2011
CBN Governor said this afternoon that corruption thrives because we create opportunities for rent. Minister for Petroleum Resources also said in the same forum that the kerosene we import is of the type that can be used for airlines as well, because the countries that export them do not find it profitable to refine the type of kerosene that can be used only for household.

My deduction is that by importing the higher grade kerosene (which airlines can use too), we have created an opportunity for rent, exactly what CBN Governor is against.

Having our own refineries in Nigeria that will refine on demand to suit our household demands will eliminate this opportunity for rent.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by aletheia(m): 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2011
The politics section of Nairaland is always good for laughs. Quite a lot of people do rush to comment without thinking through the facts. We Nigerians are too often led by our emotions and don't want to be confused by the facts.

Aviation fuel is more or less kerosene. Planes fly on kerosene.

Abagworo:

Dpk and Atk can be used by any air craft. Dpk does not in anyway compromise the safety of an aircraft but the problem here is the economic sabotage. This is part of the reason why subsidy removal is very important.

Let us analyse the fraud being perpetuated by Sahara Oil. They import Dpk at a landing and profit cost of 130 Naira per liter and Government pays them 90 Naira as subsidy. That way they have already made profit and recovered the money invested. The fraud is that rather than sell to the local consumers at 40 Naira, they still went ahead to sell at more than 130 Naira to the airlines thereby making another profit of 90 Naira per liter.
^This is the most sensible post so far. The portion highlighted above is the real problem but trust we Nigerians to major in minors, to leave the substance and chase the shadow. . .because we are largely devoid of facts and don't read.

Abagworo:

This is part of the reason why subsidy removal is very important.
^I agree 100% with this statement.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Beaf: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
aletheia:

The politics section of Nairaland is always good for laughs. Quite a lot of people do rush to comment without thinking through the facts. We Nigerians are too often lead by our emotions and don't want to be confused by the facts.

Aviation fuel is more or less kerosene. Planes fly on kerosene.
^This is the most sensible post so far. The portion highlighted above is the real problem but trust we Nigerians to major in minors, to leave the substance and chase the shadow. . .because we are largely devoid of facts and don't read.
^I agree 100% with this statement.

Precisely!

I wonder why people rush to scream so loudly? Especially when they have little knowledge and are not bothered to do a little research? It is quite embarrassing considering that a forum like NL is frequented by foreigners from areas across the Globe.
There needs to be some sort of check on this sort of behaviour that is almost like an animal instinct.

Aviation fuel is basically kerosene and as stagger pointed out earlier, DPK can be used as aviation fuel.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2011
^^^^^

the big question of the day is why your aunty failed to take any action on the serious accusations presented by MOMAN, a consortium of major oil marketers

not all this hair splitting of atk, dpk, hhk
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by sartorius(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
How are we sure that the story is not fabricated so as to lodge them out of the business. it may or may not be politics. i think the ppra should do their job
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by texazzpete(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2011
Beaf:

Precisely!

I wonder why people rush to scream so loudly? Especially when they have little knowledge and are not bothered to do a little research? It is quite embarrassing considering that a forum like NL is frequented by foreigners from areas across the Globe.
There needs to be some sort of check on this sort of behaviour that is almost like an animal instinct.

Aviation fuel is basically kerosene and as stagger pointed out earlier, DPK can be used as aviation fuel.

There were TWO issues raised by Sahara Reporters

1) Potential hazard of using Kerosene as aviation fuel
2) Massive scam in reselling subsidized Kerosene to the likes of Arik et al for N140.

The first point has been proven to be not the doomsday scenario Sahara Reporters envisioned, but the second one is also an extremely serious allegation that you should not be in a hurry to dismiss out of hand.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2011
texazzpete:

2) Massive scam in reselling subsidized Kerosene to the likes of Arik et al for N140.

The first point has been proven to be not the doomsday scenario Sahara Reporters envisioned, but the second one is also an extremely serious allegation that you should not be in a hurry to dismiss out of hand.
which is why we have the horrible fuel queues

in addition to this there are rumours floating about that that some marketers are blending low margin kerosene with higher margin diesel
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by citee(m): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
As the proud owner of a brand new $25million Gulfstream4 luxury jet, Pastor Eunuch Adejale need not be concerned if his aircraft is "accidentally" filled up with cooking kerosene rather than with jet fuel, since Big Daddy has already invented a car whose engine reportedly ran for 200 miles with NO fuel other than prayer.

With such a proven background in alternative fuel MODALITIES, similar prayers can easily be deployed as needed by Pastor Adebole, for the purpose of converting into Jet-A1 fuel ANY liquid piped into the tanks of his bird.

From the above any wonder why our students are always failing their NECO and other exams.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by OmoTier1(m): 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2011
Please, the 'olodos' of Nairaland should stop misinforming people that planes fly on kerosense! They DO NOT FLY ON KEROSINE! I will leave it at that.

@topic, NCAA has already began move on this issue. Very serious issue!

All aircraft engines have GRADED fuel the OEM/Cert Authority specify to be used on engine type and at certain specification content.

Beside, the real issue here as someone already pointed out is the alleged DIVERSION of what is ment for public consumption to private entities!

Again, why will a single company be given the POWER to import just about anything into this country? How will competition trive?
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by stagger: 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Please, the 'olodos' of Nairaland should stop misinforming people that planes fly on kerosense! They DO NOT FLY ON KEROSINE! I will leave it at that.

@topic, NCAA has already began move on this issue. Very serious issue!

All aircraft engines have GRADED fuel the OEM/Cert Authority specify to be used on engine type and at certain specification content.

Beside, the real issue here as someone already pointed out is the alleged DIVERSION of what is ment for public consumption to private entities!

Again, why will a single company be given the POWER to import just about anything into this country? How will competition trive?

Those are the kinds of questions I expect the Magnus Abe-led Senate committee to be asking.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Beaf: 7:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
texazzpete:

Aviation fuel is kerosene.
Dual purpose aviation fuel DPK is suited to fuelling aircraft with, so I do not see the reason why anyone would get on NL to scream themselves hoarse about that.

If there is a scam, then let the proper agencies investigate. It is also definite that the place for MOMAN to report any wrongdoing is NOT the pages press; doing so only makes the hoopla seem like an internal struggle for business turf that is growing ugly.

All of the above only goes to buttress the feeling of shame at the way people react sentimentally, rather than give a little thought and employ some research. There was a racist report against Africa by Richard Lynn, professor emeritus of psychology at the University of Ulster that puts the average African IQ at 67. It is noteworthy that Richard Lynn's work has been cited in at least, 20 scientific papers. For reference, mental retardation is defined as an IQ below 70: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_retardation

If those phucking racists tell such dangerous porkies about the African, does it not behove the educated ones amongst us to prove them wrong by displaying a grasp of critical thinking and a willingness to learn? Why should a normal adult scream hysterically about things they know nothing about? And not stopping there, be reluctant to gain the necessary knowledge that would free them from such instincts. Why should we give racists like Richard Lynn fodder to chew on?

I find a lot of what goes on on NL to be terribly embarrassing, I am sure many others feel that way too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Brothers Aged 12 And 14 Drown In Kwara River (Photo) / Relocated / Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.