Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! (11807 Views)

Forex Shortage Hits Airlines As $575m Stuck In Nigeria / 3 Arik Staff Arrested For Stealing Jet Fuel From Arik Plane / Cheers To Screams As Jet From Ny Crashes In Guyana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Zenakoboko(m): 1:23pm On Dec 23, 2011
I dey follow laff O!
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by efisher(m): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2011
Refining 101:
DPK means "Dual Purpose Kero".

Assignment: Find out why the term "Dual Purpose" is used in DPK.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2011
^^^ God, another one. Nigerian Education really is in the shi*tters.

P.S: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-830759.0.html#msg9823547
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by twentycent(m): 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2011
I reserve my comment on this issue, bends down and continues what he's doing.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by efisher(m): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2011
Mr kingoflag, when people try to teach you something u don't know, humble yourself and learn. The bone of contention is not whether kerosene can be used to fly planes. The issue is the supply chain. Whoever is accusing Sahara Energy is saying that Sahara is using the supply chain of kero designated for domestic use to meet the demand in the aviation market. That is the issue here, thus as others have pointed out, the topic of the thread is wrong and all the argument is unnecessary.

Read Sahara Energy's "reply" here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=831061.from0;wap2#new
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 23, 2011
efisher:

Mr kingoflag, when people try to teach you something u don't know, humble yourself and learn. The bone of contention is not whether kerosene can be used to fly planes. The issue is the supply chain. Whoever is accusing Sahara Energy is saying that Sahara is using the supply chain of kero designated for domestic use to meet the demand in the aviation market. That is the issue here, thus as others have pointed out, the topic of the thread is wrong and all the argument is unnecessary.

Read Sahara Energy's "reply" here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=831061.from0;wap2#new

No, you humble yourself and admit that, like the others you have an issue with comprehension. Jesus!!! WTF do they put in the water you guys drink?!?!

Humble myself and learn?! Are you fu*cking serious?! DO YOU REALIZE THAT I PUT THE TOPIC UP or is something wrong with your freaking eyesight? I came on here humble as the devil in a Cathedral , but what did I get for my efforts. . . . The only thing y'all seem to respect is force, so I'll dish it worse than I get it.

When I put the topic up, I did not take a position, I just put it in the open.

The topic is wrong? So, when your child is given a multiple choice question e.g:

1. Which of the following is used to power Jet Engines:

A. Diesel.
B.Kerosene.
C. Aviation Fuel (DPK).
D.Gasoline.
E.Natural Gas.

You'll tell your child to choose B, abi? You guys just like arguing without making much sense. No need to specify, just say "Kerosene", case closed.

All Aircraft Engines burn various grades [/b]of jet fuel. Jet fuel is a relatively heavy and less volatile petroleum[b] derivative based on kerosene, but certified to strict aviation standards, with additional additives.

Im sure you can read.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by efisher(m): 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2011
No, I will tell my child the answer is Natural Gas. That is the future. Case closed. :8
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 23, 2011
^^^ Yeah, a FUTURE answer for a PRESENT question?! Nice going, buddy.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by efisher(m): 5:27pm On Dec 23, 2011
Just for your information (if you care). Do you know that jet engines (aero derivative turbines) can run on multiple types of fuel? I.e. They can run on natural gas as well as liquid fuels. Some aircrafts currently run on natural gas.

Why I said natural gas is the "future" is that it's a cleaner burning fuel not because it is not in use today. Ask me, I can tell u more as a professional in this business. cool
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by logica(m): 5:31pm On Dec 23, 2011
kingoflag:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

WOW!!!!! So, according to these geniuses: Planes fly on Kerosene?! The same Kerosene that is used as fuel when camping in the woods? Nigerians and their "Know-it-all" Mentality. No wonder most of you'd rather hide behind the walls of anonymity just to spew worthless bile.

kingoflag:

Jet fuel is a relatively heavy and less volatile petroleum[b] derivative based on[/b] kerosene, but certified to strict aviation standards, with additional additives.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2011
efisher:

Just for your information (if you care). Do you know that jet engines (aero derivative turbines) can run on multiple types of fuel? I.e. They can run on natural gas as well as liquid fuels. Some aircrafts currently run on natural gas.

Why I said natural gas is the "future" is that it's a cleaner burning fuel not because it is not in use today. Ask me, I can tell u more as a professional in this business. cool

Oh my God!!!! Theres just no way Cocaine use is not prevalent in Nigerian Society. Its either Law Enforcement is blind to it or you all are just very good at hiding your habits!

Jesus!!! Look at the bolded: DID YOU READ ANYTHING I POSTED OR DID YOU JUST COME ON HERE JUST TO ARGUE?!

I SMH for Nigeria. And he even dared to call himself a professional. Wow!!!!
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by logica(m): 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2011
@efisher,

I will advise you ignore this monkey. He's either a troll, or mentally ill.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by efisher(m): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2011
Thanks logica. Advice taken.
I hope I have educated someone out there today.
I'm out.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2011
logica:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

WOW!!!!! So, according to these geniuses: Planes fly on Kerosene?! The same Kerosene that is used as fuel when camping in the woods? Nigerians and their "Know-it-all" Mentality. No wonder most of you'd rather hide behind the walls of anonymity  just to spew worthless bile.

logica:

Jet fuel is a relatively heavy and less volatile petroleum derivative based on kerosene, but certified to strict aviation standards, with additional additives.

Logica, O ma se o. . . . . e go dey ok sha. Just pick up some English Comprehension books (3rd Grade--- No try punch past your weight class o) and you'll be fine.
Lmao. Wow. In one fell swoop this guy built and destroyed himself and he still thinks he's making a point. SMH
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Beaf: 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2011
@kingoflag

My guy, you are exceeding all known measures of id!ocy. Choi! Na pesin pikin be dis? shocked
Dude, we have an NGO that is looking to help your fellow akara sellers and sundry agbero's to store their goods free of charge. We are wondering if we can rent the vast empty space in your thick skull? Na free money for you be dat o! At least, you will be "using" your head for something positive! grin
We want to store goods such as the oil drums below, yams, beans, maybe sand, stones and even nails and iron rods!!! grin grin grin grin

You see now! These people have nowhere to store their goods, if you look behind you will see the drums just left by the roadside, yet your head is empty and the space is wasting. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2011
^^^ First, You store some brain in GEJ's head. Next, you give Dame Patience a book on English Comprehension.
Finally, you see those barrels of  Gasoline in the back ground? And the cigarette in dude's hands? Yeah. . . Now, take a shower in the gasoline and use the burning cigarette as a substitute for a towel; DO US ALL A FAVOR AND BOUAZZIZZI YOURSELF, you merchant of death. Sold his soul for crumbs. SMH What a low-life.

Ask yourself: IF YOU EVER MET AN UNTIMELY DEATH, AND IT WAS ANNOUNCED ON NL, BEAF, HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL MOURN FOR YOU?! HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL HAVE KIND WORDS FOR YOUR SOUL?

What a loser.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
ROFLMAO watching GEJ and the interviewers babble crap and why am I NOT surprised at the idi*ots I was battling above?! Product of a horrible education system. SMH

http://www.channelstv.com/global/live_video.php

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Relocated / Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London / Who has been to Belgium, Denmark, Norway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.