Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! (11805 Views)

Forex Shortage Hits Airlines As $575m Stuck In Nigeria / 3 Arik Staff Arrested For Stealing Jet Fuel From Arik Plane / Cheers To Screams As Jet From Ny Crashes In Guyana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 22, 2011
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

WOW!!!!! So, according to these geniuses: Planes fly on Kerosene?! The same Kerosene that is used as fuel when camping in the woods? Nigerians and their "Know-it-all" Mentality. No wonder most of you'd rather hide behind the walls of anonymity  just to spew worthless bile.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Beaf: 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
kingoflag:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

WOW!!!!! So, according to these geniuses: Planes fly on Kerosene?! The same Kerosene that is use as fuel when camping in the woods? Nigerians and their "Know-it-all" Mentality. No wonder most of you'd rather hide behind the walls of anonymity  just to spew worthless bile.

You are the sort of mud munching creature that makes some folk think that the average Nigerian is dim:

Today, kerosene is mainly used in fuel for jet engines (more technically Avtur, Jet A and Jet A-1, Jet B, JP-4, JP-5, JP-7 or JP-cool. One form of the fuel known as RP-1 is burned with liquid oxygen as rocket fuel. These fuel grade kerosenes meet specifications for smoke points and freeze points. The combustion reaction can be approximated as follows, with the molecular formula C12H26 (dodecane):

C12H26(l) + 37/2 O2(g) → 12 CO2(g) + 13 H2O(g); ∆H˚ = -7513 kJ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerosene#Transportation

If frying akara is your trade, stick to it and stop making a fool of yourself on the internet.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2011
Beaf:

Aviation fuel is kerosene.
Dual purpose aviation fuel DPK is suited to fuelling aircraft with, so I do not see the reason why anyone would get on NL to scream themselves hoarse about that.

If there is a scam, then let the proper agencies investigate. It is also definite that the place for MOMAN to report any wrongdoing is NOT the pages press; doing so only makes the hoopla seem like an internal struggle for business turf that is growing ugly.

All of the above only goes to buttress the feeling of shame at the way people react sentimentally, rather than give a little thought and employ some research. There was a racist report against Africa by Richard Lynn, professor emeritus of psychology at the University of Ulster that puts the average African IQ at 67. It is noteworthy that Richard Lynn's work has been cited in at least, 20 scientific papers. For reference, mental retardation is defined as an IQ below 70: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_retardation

If those phucking racists tell such dangerous porkies about the African, does it not behove the educated ones amongst us to prove them wrong by displaying a grasp of critical thinking and a willingness to learn? Why should a normal adult scream hysterically about things they know nothing about? And not stopping there, be reluctant to gain the necessary knowledge that would free them from such instincts. Why should we give racists like Richard Lynn fodder to chew on?

I find a lot of what goes on on NL to be terribly embarrassing, I am sure many others feel that way too.

MOMAN reported this weeks ago in a letter to your dear aunt, who from all indications has done nothing, stop trying to obsfucate the issue with all this 'reporting to the press bs. sahara reporters obviously got hold of a copy of the letter

please spare us the empty crap about racists.

with the antics of some nairlanders Africans will son be classed as people of no integrity /honor
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2011
Beaf:

You are the sort of mud munching creature that makes some folk think that the average Nigerian is dim:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerosene#Transportation

If frying akara is your trade, stick to it and stop making a fool of yourself on the internet.

First off: WHO ARE YOU REFERRING TO AS A "MUD MUNCHING CREATURE"?!

Unlike you, I don't hide behind a cloak. I back my words up with my face; I CHALLENGE YOU TO DO SAME. . . . . then again some people have already outted your real identity.

I could have replied with a few choice words of my own like: "You mean your imb*ecilic father is a mud munching creature?" or "Ah, you mean your mother that gave birth to a blabbering mo*ron such as yourself, and fries akara for a living, is making a fool of herself on the internet?", but I won't because  I choose not to exchange words with a purveyor of death, hopelessness, poverty and destruction. I'd rather not entertain advocates of division.

You are a TOTAL DISGRACE to humanity; not just Nigeria, Africa or the black race.

For your info, you are the numero uno character (Chief amongst about 7 others) I was advised to avoid when I was encouraged to register on NL. So, Please: STAY THE FU*CK AWAY FROM ME AND GO ON ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS SELLING LIES TO THE GULLIBLE. . . . AND STICKING YOUR FACE BETWEEN GEJ's as*s crack.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Beaf: 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2011
^
Not a "munching creature," but a mud munching creature who probably fries akara day and night, yet wants to argue that aviation fuel is not kerosene.
You really disgraced yourself with that show of shame, now you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry! Why na? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Small pikin go wound wit laf o!! grin
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
Beaf:

^
Not a "munching creature," but a mud munching creature who probably fries akara day and night, yet wants to argue that aviation fuel is not kerosene.
You really disgraced yourself with that show of shame, now you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry! Why na? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Small pikin go wound wit laf o!! grin

Only the good lord knows how slow your comp is (that you didn't notice the modification) . . . Probably slower than your brain.

But its Ok, as the saying goes: "When you argue with a foo*l. . . . ." , so, this should be my last reply.

It figures. Mr. "Know-it-all" but knows nothing at all. I  do not come on here pretending to know everything about everything. I read the same thing you read (and probably have more access to material that focus on[b] the specifics and different grades of petroleum products [/b]than your hypocritical self), yet, I did not come on here claiming that KEROSENE fuels Jet engines. I made my point: make yours without insults.

Typical Nigerian. Trying to teach English to those that English is their first language. Its cool though. . . . Just stay away from me.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Beaf: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
kingoflag:

Only the good lord knows how slow your comp is. . . Probably slower than your brain.

But its Ok, as the saying goes: "When you argue with a foo*l. . . . ." , so, this should be my last reply.

It figures. Mr. "Know-it-all" but knows nothing at all. I  do not come on here pretending to know everything about everything. I read the same thing you read (and probably have more access to material that focus on[b] the specifics and different grades of petroleum products [/b]than your hypocritical self), yet, I did not come on here claiming that KEROSENE fuels Jet engines. I made my point: make yours without insults.

Typical Nigerian. Trying to teach English to those that English is their first language. Its cool though. . . . Just stay away from me.

Errr. . . You said aviation fuel is not kerosene and I replied that mud munching akara friers would make such an argument. Na im you come begin vex like tokyo and Eleweomo! grin grin grin
Na wa o! Never make a fool of yourself on the internet. Aviation fuel is kerosene.

Now, run along and fry me some akara. Abi you be hunter? grin grin grin grin grin

Commercial jet fuel, known as Jet-A, is pure kerosene and has a flashpoint of 120 degrees Fahrenheit (49 degrees Celsius). It is a high-quality fuel, however, and if it fails the purity and other quality tests for use on jet aircraft, it is sold to other ground-based users with less demanding requirements, like railroad engines. Commercial jet fuel as well as military jet fuel often includes anti-freeze to prevent ice buildup inside the fuel tanks.

http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Evolution_of_Technology/fuel/Tech21.htm
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

No! Gaddem!!!! Akara frier said its a lie, because he has been mixing jet fuel with ogogoro to "shine" his eye! Ogbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by OmoTier1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
The digitally unsigned e-diot called beaf is spewing rubbish again! He thinks referencing wikipedia would lend credit to his inglorious and lack of debt on the matter afore discussed!

Beaf! We know better,
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2011
^^^ Why you guys keep paying him any mind is beyond me. The time is coming when his likes would be skinned alive in public arenas, you just watch. Its history. Its only a matter of time.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
Commercial jet fuel, known as Jet-A, is pure kerosene and has a flashpoint of 120 degrees Fahrenheit (49 degrees Celsius). It is a high-quality fuel, however, and if it fails the purity and other quality tests for use on jet aircraft, it is sold to other ground-based users with less demanding requirements, like railroad engines. Commercial jet fuel as well as military jet fuel often includes anti-freeze to prevent ice buildup inside the fuel tanks.

WHAT A BLATHERING FOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!! SOMEHOW, THIS FREAKING GENIUS FAILED TO NOTICE THAT THIS KIND OF KEROSENE IS NOT FOR USE IN PRIVATE HOUSEHOLDS.

Fuel for Battle Tanks, Fighter Jets, and Trains is what this irredeemable beast now tells us is okay to use in the homes where children, women and old folks reside. smh

Why did I even waste my time replying this nincompoop?

p.s: I got the above from the monkey himself.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by icez: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2011
na wa. shocked
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Beaf: 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2011
kingoflag:

WHAT A BLATHERING FOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!! SOMEHOW, THIS FREAKING GENIUS FAILED TO NOTICE THAT THIS KIND OF KEROSENE IS NOT FOR USE IN PERSONAL HOUSEHOLDS.

Fuel for Battle Tanks, Fighter Jets, and Trains is what this irredeemable beast now tells us is okay to use in the homes where children, women and old folks reside. smh

Why did I even waste my time reply this nincompoop?

p.s: I got the above from the monkey himself.

--Beaf looks into kingoflags head, stirs the akanmu between his ear's and hits a stone! Gaddem!--
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Aviation fuel is kerosene. Even lil secondary school students learn that in elementary chemistry. Mud munching creatures and akara friers sha! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2011
Beaf:

--Beaf looks into kingoflags head, stirs the akanmu between his ear's and hits a stone! Gaddem!--

Aviation fuel is kerosene. Even lil secondary school students learn that in elementary chemistry. Mud munching creatures and akara friers sha! embarassed embarassed embarassed

And the same Kerosene that your Grandmother uses to cook in the village is the same one Delta Airlines Jets supposedly uses to transport people from Atlanta to Cali, right?
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by logica(m): 12:05am On Dec 23, 2011
kingoflag:

And the same Kerosene that your Grandmother uses to cook in the village is the same one Delta Airlines Jets supposedly uses to transport people from Atlanta to Cali, right?
You do realize that similar to petrol, kerosene has various grades right? You do know there are different grades of petrol (using the Octane Rating) don't you? Anyway, I forget this is Nigeria where grades don't matter and importers just bring in any rubbish they can find; and still sell at the same fixed price.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by godfadda6(m): 1:08am On Dec 23, 2011
Well I wanted to just read and just smile or just ignore, but i decided to drop my own little comment. I work in an airline, and i know before Jet A1 is put on any aircraft, it is tested before the fuel bowser is connected to the aircraft,

So I'm sure someone some where just wants to discredit SO aviation, they deliver ontime, they are prompt and professional, on the ramp at the airport, SO aviation is the pride to most airline, so me just think someone has something against them,

well all cant be dumb, if airline A does not know the difference will airline B and C not know the difference and checkmate that?

Also, I know SO has some of the smoothest machinery for aviation fuel distribution and all,

so my own little view is that someone , somewhere just wants to rubbish the organization.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Beaf: 1:28am On Dec 23, 2011
kingoflag:

Akara friers and their wonders!

Dude, anytime I peep into your hard skull, I only see guguru and epa. . . even when I search with stadium light, still no brain!!
Laf go broke small pikin waist o!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Aviation fuel is kerosene.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 23, 2011
logica:

You do realize that similar to petrol, kerosene has various grades right? You do know there are different grades of petrol (using the Octane Rating) don't you?

Like, is comprehension a fu*cking problem in Nigerian Schools?! Don't they teach it in schools when teaching you grammar? Where the hell did you sprout from and can't you read? Did you go through my posts at all or did you just decide to post just for posting's sake?

Oh my, you guys make my head spin. How the hell people stay on here for years on end is starting to mystify me. A good number of you guys are freaking slow its just unbelievable. . . . .
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 23, 2011
As for the other beast, its best to just ignore him. When his boss gets impeached or flushed out in that inevitable Palace Coup next year lets see what his source of livelihood is going to be. Probably, praise singing the leaders of the new regime. . . hopefully they execute him before he gets to the second verse of his song.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 23, 2011
godfadda6:

Well I wanted to just read and just smile or just ignore, but i decided to drop my own little comment. I work in an airline, and i know before Jet A1 is put on any aircraft, it is tested before the fuel bowser is connected to the aircraft,

So I'm sure someone some where just wants to discredit SO aviation, they deliver ontime, they are prompt and professional, on the ramp at the airport, SO aviation is the pride to most airline, so me just think someone has something against them,

well all cant be dumb, if airline A does not know the difference will airline B and C not know the difference and checkmate that?

Also, I know SO has some of the smoothest machinery for aviation fuel distribution and all,

so my own little view is that someone , somewhere just wants to rubbish the organization.

Gladly, you claim you work in the Aviation so you definitely should have more insight than most of us (even those that claim that Palm Oil from 2-day old Egusi Soup can be used to power B52-s Bomber Jets).

"Someone" (the usual Naija explanation for all their troubles) might truly be trying to rubbish the company, however, (with regards to the bolded) didn't you see in the original article where its said that various other airlines refused to do business with Sahara Oil because of what they considered an anomaly in their method of doing business?

The longer I stay on NL, the more I realize that----JUST LIKE THEY DO IN REAL LIFE---- a lot of Nigerians "hear", but they don't listen. They read but don't comprehend. You don't have to be so eager to jam your points down someone's throat because: THAT PERSON MIGHT HAVE EVEN ALREADY AGREED WITH YOU BEFORE YOU  EVEN STARTED ARGUING YOUR POINTS. You just might be on the same page.

Wow, this place is starting to give me a freaking headache.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by manny4life(m): 6:01am On Dec 23, 2011
All these arguments, yet no sense made at the end of 3pages.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by logica(m): 7:41am On Dec 23, 2011
kingoflag:

Like, is comprehension a fu*cking problem in Nigerian Schools?! Don't they teach it in schools when teaching you grammar? Where the hell did you sprout from and can't you read? Did you go through my posts at all or did you just decide to post just for posting's sake?

Oh my, you guys make my head spin. How the hell people stay on here for years on end is starting to mystify me. A good number of you guys are freaking slow its just unbelievable. . . . .
There's no point reading all your posts because you are obviously a m0ron. I just felt like addressing your last mor0nic comment. I'm sure you have much more id!otic posts but I wouldn't bother reading them.

But it's obvious you want to talk a lot about things you have no clue. Did you do Chemistry? If you did, start by checking what the chemical formula for kerosene is. I'm sure if someone told you diamond is carbon, a baboon like you will start making noise.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 23, 2011
logica:

There's no point reading all your posts because you are obviously a m0ron. I just felt like addressing your last mor0nic comment. I'm sure you have much more id!otic posts but I wouldn't bother reading them.

But it's obvious you want to talk a lot about things you have no clue. Did you do Chemistry? If you did, start by checking what the chemical formula for kerosene is. I'm sure if someone told you diamond is carbon, a baboon like you will start making noise.

The typical Nigerian: Cant help but expose his idiocy to the world. Always thinking screaming at the top of his lungs or insulting people in place of making a point is a show of intelligence. Carry on. . . .

You're dismissed now.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by stagger: 8:19am On Dec 23, 2011
logica:

You do realize that similar to petrol, kerosene has various grades right? You do know there are different grades of petrol (using the Octane Rating) don't you? Anyway, I forget this is Nigeria where grades don't matter and importers just bring in any rubbish they can find; and still sell at the same fixed price.

My brother, don't mind them.

Every compound has a basic chemical structure which is the backbone. And like the human body, different bonds can be added to alter the overall structure of that compound.

The fact that our faces are different does not mean some are human beings and others are not.

Everyone knows that in times of war when fuel supplies are limited, DPK is used in airplanes and they fly. Yes the burning properties may be different, but planes fly on kerosene.

I don't know why some people just argue; just like beaf said, some brains have suffered from too much akara munching or mud munching!
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by logica(m): 8:27am On Dec 23, 2011
kingoflag:

The typical Nigerian: Cant help but exposing his idiocy to the world. Always thinking screaming at the top of his lungs or insulting people in place of making a point is a show of intelligence. Carry on. . . .

You're dismissed now.
Rather, I think you should dismiss yourself as you cannot do anymore damage. Your a$$ is already wide open. But if you think you can still do more damage, how about you tell us what kerosene is. What is kerosene?
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 23, 2011
can we leave this diversionary hair splitting and return to the topic
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 23, 2011
Mansions are homes too so We all live in Mansions. Kerosene is gotten from crude oil so Your Grandmother cooks with crude oil. No need to specify just claim anything just to make a point. Oh, fire crackers, being an explosive can be used in war.

SMH. So sad when people try uber-hard to seem intelligent. I should have listened when my friend told me to especially steer clear of "the ones that were born and raised in Nigeria. . . . their mentality is very different, they see their own truth, to them distortion of facts is nothing, and an affinity for the truth is not part of their strongest attribute".

Personally, I attribute it all to a lack of proper education and an inability to properly comprehend. . . always having an urge to argue or disagree.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 23, 2011
oyb:

Its funny it didn't take long to witness the madness and id*iocy I was warned about. You're right, its about time I ignore these people. The glaring fact that most of them did not grow up in a civil society just manifests with every page I visit on NL. Very uncultured bunch.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by logica(m): 8:46am On Dec 23, 2011
kingoflag:

Its funny it didn't take long to witness the madness and id*iocy I was warned about. You're right, its about time I ignore these people. The glaring fact that most of them did not grow up in a civil society just manifests with every page I visit on NL. Very uncultured bunch.
B!tch, what is kerosene? Answer or get the fvck out of here. "Those born in Nigeria". Why am I not surprised an id!ot will say such a thing? Who here can you identify were born in Nigeria? So you are the only person born "abroad"? Ode. So you were born where? Somalia? Your place of birth has given you no advantages as you are still as dumb as they come.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by logica(m): 8:54am On Dec 23, 2011
oyb:

The topic says "Nigerian Company selling Kerosene to Airlines as Jet Fuel". Now that's a ridiculous topic in itself because Jet Fuel IS kerosene. It's like saying "a man sells computers as laptops", for you to see how ridiculous it sounds.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 23, 2011
logica:

B!tch, what is kerosene? Answer or get the fvck out of here. "Those born in Nigeria". Why am I not surprised an id!ot will say such a thing? Who here can you identify were born in Nigeria? So you are the only person born "abroad"? Ode. So you were born where? Somalia? Your place of birth has given you no advantages as you are still as dumb as they come.

Lmaaaaaooooooo. First he calls his mother a bi*tch, then he rants about my place of birth. Who said anything about where I was born? Oh, and how can I identify where you were born? Reread everything you've written from the very start; does it show a person that was born in a good part of town?
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 23, 2011
logica:

The topic says "Nigerian Company selling Kerosene to Airlines as Jet Fuel". Now that's a ridiculous topic in itself because Jet Fuel IS kerosene. It's like saying "a man sells computers as laptops", for you to see how ridiculous it sounds.

Everyone, read the bolded and say hi to this Super-Intelligent Imb*ecile.

Wow.
Re: Nigerian Company Selling Kerosene To Airlines As Jet Fuel! by aletheia(m): 10:09am On Dec 23, 2011
kingoflag:

Everyone, read the bolded and say hi to this Super-Intelligent Imb*ecile.

Wow.
^
Beaf:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Relocated / Who has been to Belgium, Denmark, Norway? / Turn Off The Light: The Daily Life Struggle Of Nigerians In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.