Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? (8538 Views)

When You Annoy Your Mum On Christmas Day / Cooking Beans Can Be Very Frustrating (see Pics) / That Moment When Your Gas Finishes Late Night While Cooking Beans....(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Parisgoodman(m): 11:39am On Dec 23, 2011
Cooking rice and chicken on christmas day has become our culture in Nigeria. I want to try something different this season, has anyone cooked beans before? Did your visitors complain when u did it? Coz i feel like making that day unsual by cooking beans.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by dadicvila(m): 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2011
Am fully in support,go ahead and cook beans,if your people appreciate it and are happy with your choice of meal,then i will try it in 2012, wink wink
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by MissyB3(f): 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2011
Beans? I sure won't be visiting. grin

Do it your style. . . . whatever you feel like cooking/eating.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Parisgoodman(m): 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2011
I know ladies dont do beans that much, but trust me! I'm one hell of a cook. I can make u jollof beans, fried and even pepper soup, lol.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Kx: 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2011
Nothing wrong, matter of fact, poundy is the thing for me on xmass day
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by MissyB3(f): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2011
Parisgoodman:

I know ladies dont do beans that much, but trust me! I'm one hell of a cook. I can make u jollof beans, fried and even pepper soup, lol.
Photographic evidence, please? grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Parisgoodman(m): 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2011
i cooked this.

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by suogal(f): 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2011
there is nothing wrong wit dat,but dat is certainly not wat i wud want to eat on a day lyk dat
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Parisgoodman(m): 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
Yes, coz you are used to eating rice and turkey but if you try something different, i bet u, u will thank me.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by IbroSaunks(m): 4:51pm On Dec 23, 2011
my last birthday, my parents cooked beans and I told myself I'll never remind em anytime its my birthday again!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Afam4eva(m): 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2011
Beans on a christmas day? Which kind bad luck be that.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by efisher(m): 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2011
Variety is the spice of life. Carry on cooking. cheesy
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by sandee575(f): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2011
I will come with my bread in hand, come Xmas day. Bread + Ewa grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2011
Oh, I love eating porridge beans especially with sweet potatoes. I wish I could eat porridge beans this xmas.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by ronkebp(f): 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2011
Beans ke? with akamu or gari wink wink wink
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by mikron(m): 5:11pm On Dec 23, 2011
and wat d h.e.ll is wrong with cooking beans if i might add. @op pls im 100% behind u. Maybe i should do same. I like beans
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by kizito96(m): 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2011
The problem is not what you eat but the spirit in which you eat what you have
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Parisgoodman(m): 5:17pm On Dec 23, 2011
For the ladies, try cooking beans so ur husband won,t take in much cabohydrate that will give him pot belly.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by emesv26(m): 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2011
i prefer to eat this cus am done with rice chicken bean etc try this in a cook format and see hw far yori yori xmas ppls
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Parisgoodman(m): 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2011
kizito96:

The problem is not what you eat but the spirit in which you eat what you have
Are u saying there is a better spirit when eating rice and there is non in beans?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by ronkebp(f): 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2011
Parisgoodman:

For the ladies, try cooking beans so your husband won,t take in much cabohydrate that will give him pot belly.

My hubby hates beans with every passion in him.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Parisgoodman(m): 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2011
ronkebp:

My hubby hates beans with every passion in him.
Hmmm, he must be missing alot. He should try combining it with pawpaw and see what delicacy defines.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by ronkebp(f): 5:31pm On Dec 23, 2011
Parisgoodman:

Hmmm, he must be missing alot. He should try combining it with pawpaw and see what delicacy defines.

WIERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAWPAW and BEANS.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Afam4eva(m): 5:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
Beans is really depressing. It takes the special grace of God for me to put one spoon of beans in my mouth. making it a christmas meal is tantamount to inviting  satan for lunch. Tufiakwa.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by 195(f): 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2011
As long as there is FRIED CHICKEN on top

I'll accept it with a pinch of salt embarassed
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by IbroSaunks(m): 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2011
beans is awesome but it's not a meal for festivities. no one cooks beans for a wedding, or naming ceremony, or any other party. I guess that's just the way it is, @op u can try poundo for a change,
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Jenifa1: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2011
it's better to cook food that can be eaten in abundance for festivities. simple carbs and meat comes to mind.

beans cannot be combined with many things. and too much of it is bad. unless you want to end up with horrible stomach discomfort.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by IbroSaunks(m): 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2011
beans is awesome but it's not a meal for festivities. no one cooks beans for a wedding, or naming ceremony, or any other party. I guess that's just the way it is, @op u can try poundo for a change,
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by PrinceDudu(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2011
Parisgoodman:

Cooking rice and chicken on christmas day has become our culture in Nigeria. I want to try something different this season, has anyone cooked beans before? Did your visitors complain when u did it? Coz i feel like making that day unsual by cooking beans.

Abeg fry plantain join am. wink cool cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by youngmonie: 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2011
Cmmon not beans on such a dai, wake up sundai morning have a special family breakfast, got church, as an ekiti man comeback get my pounded yam!!!,
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by adereal: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2011
Hmmmmmmmm!! Is going 2 b one of d delicious meal people ever tasted during xmas, my guy! Go on soooon.nyc one tongue
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Cooking Beans On Christmas Day? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2011
no be to eat beans be the issue,
nobody wan talk about the m.e.s.s wey go follow am,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cow Oil (maishanu) / Puff Puff Recipe / What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.