Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation (7489 Views)

Chris Ngige In Zambia At ARLAC 42nd Ordinary Session (Photos) / A Mobile App For Election Monitoring, Developed By Nigerians For Nigerians! / Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by aloyemeka1: 12:28am On Dec 24, 2011
[size=14pt]Zambia targets Nigerians for indiscriminate deportation [/size]
Written by John Alechenu

President Michael Sata

Nigerians in Zambia are being subjected to unpleasant treatment allegedly on the direct orders of the newly-inaugurated President Michael Sata.

Already, many Nigerians with genuine papers living and doing legitimate business in the southern African country have been deported for reasons ranging from the mundane to the

http://www.punchng.com/index.php/news/item/8734-zambia-targets-nigerians-for-indiscriminate-deportationincredulous.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Martin Uhuomoibhi, on Thursday said the Federal Government was aware of the situation and was using diplomatic channels to address the issue.

He said, "Nations respond in their own way to situations that confront them.

"We have very good bilateral relations with that country and we will do everything to keep it so.

"It is like business, there is always a risk in it. So, you take risks. We will normally not do anything that would hurt our diplomatic relations."

The situation came to light after a Zambian national daily, The Nation in its December 15 issue, exposed the systematic assault on Nigerians in that country.

A front page article with the caption, Sata Deports Nigerians, quoted government sources – including immigration officials – as saying they were acting on orders from above.

According to the newspaper, the president started deporting Nigerians, some simply for failing to support the Patriotic Front (Sata’s political party) in the run-up to the September 20, 2011 presidential and general elections.

The newspaper said, "Among the first to be deported is the Winners Chapel Pastor, Victor Adenedi (Adeniyi), who has received a letter directly from immigration authorities to that effect.

"Others include the manager of a bank that advanced for President Rupiah Banda (sic) $1m he used to construct the Mpundu Trust Fund, which police spokesperson Elizabeth Kanjela, claimed to be under investigation.

"Apparently working on instructions from the president, the immigration department has asked the duo to leave the country with immediate effect without giving proper reasons.

"According to information obtained by Daily Nation, government has asked Pastor Adenedi to leave the country with immediate effect for unexplained reasons or risk the closure of his church in spite of the fact that the clergyman has all appropriate documents to support his stay in the country.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Nobody: 3:05am On Dec 24, 2011
sometimes you gotta wonder what nigerians are doing in zambia. Every country seems to enjoy the business of deporting nigerians but when the countries go into political uncertainties, you would see our leaders in nigeria playing the big brother role. If these countries keep deporting nigerians, i think the best approach is to do same. What is good for the geese should also be good for the gander.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by aloyemeka1: 4:20am On Dec 24, 2011
I wonder o. Why can't we deport all the Sierra leonians, arabs, Liberians and so on walking around Nigeria aimlessly. Lets not talk about malians,Senegalese and Chadian criminals breeding more terrorists everyday in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by tpia5: 4:46am On Dec 24, 2011
oh well @ topic.

has republic of the congo [not dem. republic of the congo] started deporting nigerians yet?

how about central african republic?
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by tpia5: 4:48am On Dec 24, 2011
this is republic of the congo:

[img]http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/images/map-republic-of-the-congo.png[/img]

democratic republic of the congo is right beside it.

for those who dont know.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Ufeolorun(m): 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2011
Most of these African countries are better than Nigeria especially their infrastructure so It's very funny when some Nigerians ask arrogantly what their compatriots are doing in smaller african countries.

About  retaliation,the first question is how do you identify a Nigerian in Nigeria?

The Zambian president is just being stupid and he should be called out.
Nigerians should play local politics smartly to avoid possible backlash next time.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by aloyemeka1: 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2011
Ufeolorun:

Most of these African countries are better than Nigeria especially their infrastructure so It's very funny when some Nigerians ask arrogantly what their compatriots are doing in smaller african countries.

About  retaliation,the first question is how do you identify a Nigerian in Nigeria?

The Zambian president is just being silly and he should be called out.
Nigerians should play local politics smartly to avoid possible backlash next time.

Better how? Show me any of those countries that has cities like Lagos, abuja or PH?
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by KnowAll(m): 1:14pm On Dec 24, 2011
When you are in a foreign country especially African ones, play politics subtly, if it was GEJ too he woulddo the same thing, if some Ghananian or Togolese are playing bi- partisan politics openly, when and if GEJ wins he would send those people packing.

Same thing here, obviously Nigerians are comfortable with the old proven adage that incumbent does not lose elections hence why they threw their hats behind the former president, I am sure a lot of Nigerians can learn from this. cool
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by doctokwus: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2011
Ufeolorun:

The Zambian president is just being silly and he should be called out.
Unfortunate assertion frm s/body that has not obviously travelled out.Despite our challenges& high level of corruption,nig is still way ahead of many sfrican countries,except for south africa& few scattered others
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2011
when people say better infrastructure, i begin to wonder where? Zambia has better infrastructure than nigeria, How now? If you go to skyscrapercity.com, and compare the infrastructure photos of those african countries to nigeria, you would clearly see that nigeria is far ahead except for south-africa, namibia( very small cities like a town in a nigerian city), morocco, tunisia, egypt, libya ( before the war) and algeria. None of the other countries compare to nigeria interms of infrastructure. For me, it's more of a problem of our foriegn ministry and embassies abroad. If a country start's deporting nigerians en masse( without us comitting any crimes), we should first reciprocate the gesture before coming to the table to talk. Not this dialogue approach thing first.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2011
@doctokwus, you could not have said it better, despite prevailing levels of corruption in nigeria, our infrasture is way better than you have in the african countries that keep deporting us, up and down. I remeber when i visited ghana for the first time ( would never go back there), it was out of peer pressure and nigerians making the place sound like heaven in africa, that i visited. And honestly, i wish i did not.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Afam4eva(m): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2011
How exactly is Nigeria better than Zambia? A country with a good power, water, good roads and other infastructure. It's unfortunate that some people think infastructure is means buildings scattered everywhere. It's much more than that. We have to start getting used to the fact that most countries in the world are better than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by crissmac: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2011
@ afam4eva
dont be so sarcastic! truth is we are miles ahead of most African countries in terms of infrastructural development. i tink itsrather sad that d zambian president is bent on carrying out his vendatta on innocentNigerians for no other cause than 4 failure to contribute to his election fund. however, he should note dat u neva throw a stone in the market place cuz it might just land on your head.
nuff said.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2011
@ afam4eva, nigeria is way better than zambia. If you want to compare nigeria and anyother african country please visit skyscrapercity.com. Every country has atleast over 1000 photos, so you can clearly compare. In nigeria we say we lack this and that, true, very true. But, it's not to say they are non-existent. For example in benin, you get 4 days of uninteruppted electricity, and then on the fifth day when, phcn eventually takes the eclectricity, it's usually for an 1hour atmost and the cycle continues. Not to say, that is the situation in the whole of nigeria though. But we've seen remarkable increases in the distribution of power. Same for roads and other infrastructures in nigeria. And yes the type of buildings you see in a country also tells you how developed the country is.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by tpia5: 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
The likes of afam4ever are perpetual whiners who have minimal exposure.

Thus they see everything as better than their village since the village is all they know.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Afam4eva(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
@chrismac and Henry
Development is not about having skyscrapers and Kentucky fried chicken in Nigeria. The most important indices in my opinion is being able to boast of 24/7 uninterupted power supply, quality roads, good healthcare, a top notch education system and other basic social amenities. The failure of any nation to provide this incentives, puts such nation among the list of failing nations, just to put it nicely.

@tilapia
If you don't have anything meaninful to add to this thread, I suggest you get off my back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Rossikk(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
Ufeolorun said

This is what poor education does to people like you. I bet you've never set foot in Zambia, Uganda, Malawi etc to utter this ignorant nonsense. Each of these nations has just one or two main cities with some infrastructure, and outside that, it's pure desolation. Next time travel around Africa before opening your ignorant mouth to spew garbage.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by tpia5: 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2011
Afool4ever

you sound too d.aft to even post on the thread.

If your tilapia mother didnt give you sense, then you're stuck that way, i'm afraid.

Pele.

Keep whining- na your life and your own problem.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Rossikk(m): 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2011
afam4ever said

How exactly is Nigeria better than Zambia? A country with a good power, water, good roads and other infastructure.

Have you been to Zambia? I have, and I can tell you you are a dreamer or you're stupi.d. Outside Lusaka, Zambia is just bush. Roads are like gold. Electricity? Forget it. Their villages are desolate. You can't even drive to them as there are no roads to reach them.

It's unfortunate that some people think infastructure is means buildings scattered everywhere. It's much more than that. We have to start getting used to the fact that most countries in the world are better than Nigeria.

You have to get it into your skull that you're the thickest dumbito in the house.  undecided undecided
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Afam4eva(m): 4:00pm On Dec 24, 2011
Rossikk:

Have you been to Zambia? I have, and I can tell you you are a dreamer or you're stupi.d. Outside Lusaka, Zambia is just bush. Roads are like gold. Electricity? Forget it. Their villages are desolate. You can't even drive to them as there are no roads to reach them.

You have to get it into your skull that you're the thickest dumbito in the house.  undecided undecided

It's not about having so many dirty cities. It's about turning those cities into something meaningful. Zambia may have one major city(Lusaka), but when it comes to standard of life, they tower above Nigeria. They don't have the kind corruption in Nigeria that's anywhere between abysmal and astronomical. people don't get kidnapped like in Nigeria. Bombing is not the order of the day. So, what are you whining about. I'll also advise you to watch your tongue.

tpia@:

Afool4ever

you sound too d.aft to even post on the thread.

If your tilapia mother didnt give you sense, then you're stuck that way, i'm afraid.

Pele.

Keep whining- na your life and your own problem.

Why i'm i not surprised.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2011
@ afam4eva, let's say by your assertion india is also a failed state. Given your parameters ( which are correct by the way), i can say india is a failed state( with all her billions). Truth be told, there are atleast 37 cities in nigeria, and given our level of corruption, we are still way, way better than these other african countries, where the use of donkey's is still a major mode of transportation in there major cities, It's not like these infrastructures don't exists or all are in a total state of neglect in nigeria. NO! in rivers state, state government schools are way better than private schools. The hospitals or primary health centers are also top notch. Most of the roads in state are also under construction. Let me derial abit, Even without corruption in nigeria, is it the 25 billion usd a year we make that would take us to the level of turkey or iran or uae, given our mass and population. in truth, with all our problems, you would ordinarly think that all these other african nations would be ahead of us in light years, but when you visit them, it's nigerian businesses that run them.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Ufeolorun(m): 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2011
You may disagree with my point of view
but you don't have to be really silly about it

The point is most of them have well planned cities or city and I don't care what their villages look like.

Ten years of telecom in naija ordinary voice call is still a big issue talkless of heavy data communication.
Nepa nko o? but we arrogantly assert and look down on better performing countries relative to available resources. Go look at top university rÀnking in Africa and you will find unis from some of this 'small,no-do-good countries beating the almighty Nigeria(Ougadougou,Dareesalam,Nairobi,even Sudan.Olodumore o!)

Like  I said earlier sata is  naive and needs to be cautioned but Nigerians in Zambia should play local politics smartly

The topic of my sermon: oh! squarepants!stop the condescending response,reactions to things or issues concerning other African countries. grin
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Afam4eva(m): 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2011
The average Nigerian has an ego the size of Africa that's why it's not surprising to see them trying to defend mediocrity in the name of giant of Africa. The day we start telling ourselves the bitter and unfortunate truth, the better it is for generations to come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by otokx(m): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2011
A colleague of mine in Port Harcourt went out on a training course to Kigali in Rwanda and was marveled. Where shall we start from? Is it the airport, the clean and neat streets, to the omnipresence of electricity - leave. Our leaders have done us a great injustice.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by tpia5: 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2011
Ufeolorun:

You may disagree with my point of view
but you don't have to be really silly about it

The point is most of them have well planned cities or city and I don't care what their villages look like.

Ten years of telecom in naija ordinary voice call is still a big issue talkless of heavy data communication.
Nepa nko o? but we arrogantly assert and look down on better performing countries relative to available resources. Go look at top university rÀnking in Africa and you will find unis from some of this 'small,no-do-good countries beating the almighty Nigeria(Ougadougou,Dareesalam,Nairobi,even Sudan.Olodumore o!)

Like I said earlier sata is naive and needs to be cautioned but Nigerians in Zambia should play local politics smartly

The topic of my sermon: oh! squarepants!stop the condescending response,reactions to things or issues concerning other African countries. grin

please move there.

end of story!
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Afam4eva(m): 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2011
tpia@:

please move there.

end of story!

You have no manner. You come across as someone who didn't have the opportunity to the get the fatherly and motherly love that some other people have. Is the US not better than Nigeria? Why i'm i not there? Okpoko.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by tpia5: 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2011
^^obviously, your lack of fatherly and motherly love has made you consider everything and everywhere-even pit latrines- better than your village, not so?
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Ufeolorun(m): 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2011
^^
Well!!!!!!!!!,
I am strongly considering that after my educational 'sojourn'
Botswana,Gambia,Senegal,Ghana etc won't be bad for a pan-african, working class ACA. Lol!
I move with loads of other Africans.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by tpia5: 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2011
^good for you.

dont let the door hit you where the good Lord saw fit to split you.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by Ufeolorun(m): 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2011
^
Ma'ami
Why would you want the door to hit me?,that's not fair mae. You should be all Chrismasy by now!
Lol!
You giving me joke,seriously.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by tpia5: 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2011
i see you have a problem with english comprehension as well as yoruba syntax.

oh well, find someone to explain my post to you.

i definitely cant be bothered.

i suggest you stick to whatever language is spoken in your village since english and yoruba are not your forte.
Re: Zambia Targets Nigerians For Indiscriminate Deportation by babsjnr(m): 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2011
Wats gud abt zambia?

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERAP Asks Governors To Emulate ‘makinde’s Open Asset Declaration Example’ / President Buhari Leaves For Burkina Faso For ECOWAS Counterterrorism Summit / It's A Massacre - Nigerian Airforce Massacre 30 Villagers In Aro Ndi Izuogo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.