Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,948 members, 7,845,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings (21881 Views)

Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Kano Bomb Blast, Share Pic Of The Bomber / Boko Haram Claims Life Of Another Young Soldier (photo) / Boko-Haram Claims Victories Over Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 25, 2011
figment232:

@all

It baffles me how pple dont always hesitate to put blames on the doorstep of jonathan`s govt.I still beleive we christians have our own destiny in our hands,just as they are bombing our churches in the north i feel we shld start bombing mosques here too ,let them know that nobody has the monopoly of violence,just as they want to make the north inhabitable to christians we should also make the south uncomfortable for them too,enough ! is enough!!

Only sensible post i've read here so far! Let them keep praying while they get their butts blown into the next world.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by Onyocha: 4:47pm On Dec 25, 2011
figment232:

@all

It baffles me how pple dont always hesitate to put blames on the doorstep of jonathan`s govt.I still beleive we christians have our own destiny in our hands,just as they are bombing our churches in the north i feel we shld start bombing mosques here too ,let them know that nobody has the monopoly of violence,just as they want to make the north inhabitable to christians we should also make the south uncomfortable for them too,enough ! is enough!!

you know that most of us Yorubas are muslims in the south-west region,right? so are you going to bomb our mosques because of what northerners are doing?

two wrongs dont make a right my friends!
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2011
blacky77:

the million dollar question is where are this assholes getting their funds from

^^^Simple answer really: they're using the stolen loot from these numerous Bank raids you hear about, and also getting financial assistance from sympathisers and sponsors from within and outside the country.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 25, 2011
Onyocha:

you know that most of us Yorubas are muslims,right? so are you going to bomb our mosques?

How many of you yorubas are muslims?? Please don't spew bull s h i t on here!
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by maclatunji: 4:49pm On Dec 25, 2011
figment232:

@all

Exactly what Boko Haram would want to happen. Sad we have a clueless leadership.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by EzeUche(m): 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2011
Onyocha:

you know that most of us Yorubas are muslims in the south-west region,right? so are you going to bomb our mosques because of what northerners are doing?

Says who? I heard the Muslim/Christian ratio among the Yoruba is equal.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by Onyocha: 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2011
engineerd:

How many of you yorubas are muslims?? Please don't spew bull s h i t on here!

you can unleash your barbarity and blow mosques in the south-east and south-south.dont just come close to the south-west.yorubas muslims or not are not going to be your scapegoats and punching bag.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by aloyemeka1: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2011
EzeUche:

Says who? I heard the Muslim/Christian ratio among the Yoruba is equal.

Big lie. The ratio of Muslims to Christians to other religions in Yorubaland is 30:65:5.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by LEXYLOV: 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2011
It's so sad that in a civilized world some monster in a human flesh still living among us. Boko haram or whatever they are is full of cowards and miserable people. If they are really fighter or defender of their believe they should simply go face to face with the Nigeria military or simply go to aso rock or national assembly to confront the government. Why the poor innocent people who just go to serve their God cry cry cry. It's considerably truth that Nigeria do not have an effective leader at the moment, But still someone someone should stand up against this clowns. I'm now convince that the government is the cause of this, simply because there was no any strict implementation of action to address this issue for so long now. The last time GEJ threatening to give any BH convict a 5yrs jail time can you just imagine. My question is WHERE IS THE GOVERNMENT  
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by edetcnn(m): 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2011
I am angry, sad, disgusted, sick,, and every true human being should be.

Today, I challenge everyone who calls him or her self a Nigerian, especially those who call themselves, the leaders of this contraption of a country, which by God's grace will soon unravel to pause and consider what will happen if a mosque, ANY mosque, in this so-called Nigeria, is bombed during Ramadan ,

My stomach churns in disgust when I try to imagine the terms " President" and Goodluck Jonathan" together. Someone who wants to remove oil subsidy in 2012 because it is a waste on the national resources, is at the same breath, budgeting 280 MILLION NAIRA for TWO bullet proof cars, and ONE BILLION NAIRA for MEALS in the presidency.

The Clouds are gathering Mr. Jonathan, or whatever you call yourself, and I feel very bad because I played a part in today's problems , by voting for you!
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by xtianh(m): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2011
I strongly believe that this Boko guys will surely attack southern nigeria very soon. When they start feeling and thnkng that the southerners are less concerned about the bombings cus it only happens in the north they will start planing on hw to extend their attacks to the south so they can truly effect their anger to the nation. This, if it happens will nt be good for this nation
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by oloriooko(m): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2011
what do you say about a group of lunatics that are supported by the muslims and the mosques they pray?

some idiots on this forum will still have the audacity to say that the muslim community never supports them whereas they are all smiles hearing that some christians died on christmas day! we can continue to describe their evil twisted minds in doing these evil acts but the muslims keep mute cos they secretly support their activities.

what about the statement the stupid Buhari made saying he would make the country ungovernable for GEJ? is this not the reality of this statement? and has our slow poke leader made any official statement about the unfortunate incident? but all he can see now is subsidy, what a blind man! this is very painful and unimaginable!!!

but i smell revenge in the air whenever a muslim becomes a president, the muslims should brace up for a hell of a time too!
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by propofol: 4:59pm On Dec 25, 2011
i'm sad . enough is enough. we have become a terrorist state,due to the ineptitude of this present government. i feel its not about religion. i feel its totally 100% POLITICAL, Why do i say so, ? minutes ago, the british foriegn minister has come out to totally condemn the bombing, calling the terrorists .how many prominent leaders in nigeria especially northerners ie babangida, buhari, the sultan of sokoto , aliko dangote atiku will come out to condemn these brazen attacks?. We are all waiting for them to attack Lagos. That my friends will be sooner than we think, cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2011
edetcnn:

I am angry, sad, disgusted, sick,, and every true human being should be.

Today, I challenge everyone who calls him or her self a Nigerian, especially those who call themselves, the leaders of this contraption of a country, which by God's grace will soon unravel to pause and consider what will happen if a mosque, ANY mosque, in this so-called Nigeria, is bombed during Ramadan ,

My stomach churns in disgust when I try to imagine the terms " President" and Goodluck Jonathan" together. Someone who wants to remove oil subsidy in 2012 because it is a waste on the national resources, is at the same breath, budgeting 280 MILLION NAIRA for TWO bullet proof cars, and ONE BILLION NAIRA for MEALS in the presidency.

The Clouds are gathering Mr. Jonathan, or whatever you call yourself,  and I feel very bad because I played a part in today's problems ,  by voting for you!

Man must chop now, all the food is going to his big nose!
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by TRUTHTELA: 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2011
YES, while we call for the DISINTERGRATION of Nigeria, people should not allow their emotions to overule their reasoning. If we have a SOUTHERN NIGERIA, how are we sure Jonathan will not budget over  (1 billion naira ) for his feeding. BOKO guys can bribe their way into your own country ( SOUTHERN NIGERIA). We should look @ everything in TOTALITY & OBJECTIVELY. If MEND, back in the day could have insiders @ the KADUNA MILITARY depot that supplied them WEAPONS.

I can assure you that BOKO, have a lot of INSIDERS helping them to be on TOP of their game. Unfortunately, innocent souls are dying, but their primay AIM?? THEY ALL WANT RETALIATION FROM SOUTHERNERS, which will culminate into anarcy, a MILITARY TAKEOVER, etc, Simply put " IF I CAN'T HAVE IT ( power ), I SPILL THE BEANS ( unleash  anarchy ).

While I condemn BOKO & their actions, I think The Nigerian RULERS subtly promote all the EVILS  going on in Nigeria thru their GREED.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for SSS, ARMY & POLICE  to  POLICE every church in Northern Nigeria. The RULERS should be SINCERE with themselves and DEAL with BOKOHARAM. Going by the DEFENCE BUDGET, I can assure you that a lot of those LOOTERS love & feed off something like this. Come to think of it, a known KLEPTO is the substantial MINISTER OF DEFENCE,be rest assured that the money will be " WELL SPENT".
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by phreakabit(m): 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2011
Well I am not surprised this is happening. Below is a quote from the national secretary of CPC on The Boko haram issue :

[size=15pt]Opposition parties and in particular those in the north, such as the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), say the government is underestimating the amount of support Boko Haram has among the population.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

Why didn't the president crush the Niger Deltans? That's a questions a lot of people in this part of the country are asking”

Bubu Galadima Congress for Progressive Change

CPC national secretary Bubu Galadima said many people in the north felt marginalized and excluded from wealth and opportunity.

"The people are sympathetic to certain principles and ideas," he told the BBC.[/size]

Link : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15690981

Anyone who says Buhari isn't a supporter of Boko haram is an outright slowpoke. Himself and . . . . .  should be brought to justice!
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by Kizilala: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2011
Ojukwu and Gideon Orkar were right.God bless their souls.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by jude33084(m): 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2011
some dumb christians here r calling 4 prayers? mayb raise more offerings and collect tithes?
Keep on doing that while u roast in flames!
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by phreakabit(m): 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2011
More quotes from the link :

[size=15pt]"If people feel they are being denied anything or an injustice is being meted out to them then there is a likelihood that they will take the law into their own hands and help themselves."

Mr Galadima, who is from near Damaturu, where last week's attack took place, raised the case of the former militants from the oil-rich Niger Delta who were given generous financial packages from the government to keep them out of trouble.

"Why didn't the president crush the Niger Deltans? That's a questions a lot of people in this part of the country are asking," he said.

"Instead they are being rewarded for the economic destruction they brought Nigeria. Why can't the same be true for Boko Haram?"[/size]
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by maclatunji: 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2011
TRUTHTELA:

YES, while we call for the DISINTERGRATION of Nigeria, people should not allow their emotions to overule their reasoning. If we have a SOUTHERN NIGERIA, how are we sure Jonathan will not budget over  (1 billion naira ) for his feeding. BOKO guys can bribe their way into your own country ( SOUTHERN NIGERIA). We should look @ everything in TOTALITY & OBJECTIVELY. If MEND, back in the day could have insiders @ the KADUNA MILITARY depot that supplied them WEAPONS.

I can assure you that BOKO, have a lot of INSIDERS helping them to be on TOP of their game. Unfortunately, innocent souls are dying, but their primay AIM?? THEY ALL WANT RETALIATION FROM SOUTHERNERS, which will culminate into anarcy, a MILITARY TAKEOVER, etc, Simply put " IF I CAN'T HAVE IT ( power ), I SPILL THE BEANS ( unleash  anarchy ).

While I condemn BOKO & their actions, I think The Nigerian RULERS subtly promote all the EVILS  going on in Nigeria thru their GREED.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for SSS, ARMY & POLICE  to  POLICE every church in Northern Nigeria. The RULERS should be SINCERE with themselves and DEAL with BOKOHARAM. Going by the DEFENCE BUDGET, I can assure you that a lot of those LOOTERS love & feed off something like this. Come to think of it, a known KLEPTO is the substantial MINISTER OF DEFENCE,be rest assured that the money will be " WELL SPENT".

See sensible person. Oga Joe, leave Facebook and go to the field, you are the Commander-in-Chief not the Dodger-in-Chief.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by chinnyonwu(m): 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2011
ƚ think we should still try our best to enjoy our day. Boko Haram wants to make us moody throughout  †ђξ day. Mourn small, Flex too. Happy christmas, merry new year
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by splitnaija(m): 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2011
Any retaliatory attacks by Christians yet? I'm really tired of this monopoly being enjoyed by islamic Boko Ha.R.A.M.s
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by Kizilala: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2011
phreakabit:

Well I am not surprised this is happening. Below is a quote from the national secretary of CPC on The Boko haram issue :

Link : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15690981

Anyone who says Buhari isn't a supporter of Boko haram is an outright slowpoke. Himself and . . . . .  should be brought to justice!

If Jonathan is not such a coward,people like Buba Galadima should have been arrested
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by xterra2(m): 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2011
I'm waiting for the word of Mr president
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by TRUTHTELA: 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2011
@Phreakabit, LET ME BE THAT 'SLOWPOKE, but I disagree with you. Buhari is NOT in support of BOKO, and will never identify such. He passionately want to WIPE OUT ALL THE MONSTERS LOOTING THE TREAUSRY ( SE,SS,SW,NE,NW,&NC ). One thing y'all fail to understand is this. A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THE NORTH ALWZ WANT TO RIDE ON HIS BACK TO ACHIEVE THEIR SELFISH AIMS, BE IT GOOD OR BAD. LET's be OBJECTIVE, the man you quoted did not speak on behalf of CPC & if Buhari dumps CPC today, millons of people in the NORTH will follow him, WHY? cos of his HONESTY, FYI, this guy could have been like IBB, ABDUSALAMI, OBASANJO &co, interms of PRIMITIVE ACQUISIATION OF WEALTH,he had the time, but did chose NOT to PILFER our COMMONWEALTH. Why do you think Jonathan & co respects him? If you jail Buhari today, it will not bring BOKO,to a stop. Rather, BOKOHARAM, have their MEN in PDP, cos PDP is EVIL and that was why Nigerians did not vote for PDP,but voted for " JONATHAN",funny people.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by Hardeyoye: 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2011
This is outright wickedness, wickedness of d highest order. Our president will still fold his arms like a lame duck. Am so convinced that judgement is coming on these people soon.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by otokx(m): 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2011
Looking at the pictures of the victims on thisday website and shaking my head, 40 feared dead and rising.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by manchy7531: 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2011
With this happening again, answer the following questions:
1. Is this getting closer to 1966 massacre in the North?
2. Were the Igbos justified to figth back and ask to form their own country?
3. Was Awolowo, though I respect him, right in using starvation as a weapon of war to punish Igbos for saying enough is enough.
4. Did the Yoruba and Middle Belt make a mistake supporting the brutal execution of the Civil War?
5. Was Ojukwu right?
6. Are you now happier with the decisions of 1966?
7. Was Gowon not a Christian and from Middle Belt?
8. Are Gowon's people happier today with their 1966 decision?
9. Now then, who will bell this new cat?
10. Have you spilled the milk already or not?
Finally, what the child climbed the Iroko tree for forty five years to see, the wise elder had seen it while sitting down Forty five years ago.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2011
@those who r accusn buhari,stop lookn for d easy way out, lazy fools.didnt buhari crush the maitsaine in the eighthies?is it in his old age he will bcome a religious fanatic?isnt fanaticsm inbreeded in the youing because they r easily influenced?in ur myopic stupidity u refuse to use ur brains instead are hell bent on spreading fallacies.boko is an offshoot of alquieda who have gained prominence after america's war on terror.boko is being trained by al sheba(sic)of somalia,the expert said the bombs factory had all the signature.stop postn ur tunnel visioned views where all begins and stops with buhari.untill u begin to accept the bigger picture that nigeria is now a terrorist breeding ground,u can arrest all the senators and opposition candidates but things will still remain d same
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by manny4life(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2011
splitnaija:

Any retaliatory attacks by Christians yet? I'm really tired of this monopoly being enjoyed by islamic Boko Ha.R.A.M.s

Retaliatory attacks? Yeah right, that is till thy kingdom come, smh
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by Concept(m): 5:30pm On Dec 25, 2011
@all

What you are saying now is to kill my brother because he is a muslim. My maternal great grandfather was a muslim, my best friend when I was in higher institution was a muslim. I do not think this is the right way to settle this crazy act. Boko Haram members are not invisible, they live among us, let them be fished out. This is a task for everybody; Government agencies and the individuals. This kind of suggestion can hardly work in the South West, I do not know of the South East.
Re: Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings by TRUTHTELA: 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2011
Nigerians should get REAL, Jonathan and anyone in PDP,careless about LIVES.  What do you think they want to achieve when they arm their THUGS with WEAPONS during elections. DEATHS LIKE THIS MEANS NOTHING TO THEM, THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT OVER 3,000 people died on Sept 11th in the USA,so there's nothing new. For all I care, PDP, and the people RULING Nigeria are well informed about BOKO & its MODUS OPERANDI,hence, THEY WANT TO USE THEM TO DISTRACT PEOPLE & pass all the GREEDY budgets they have proposed for 2012. ( DEFENCE &JONATHAN's feeding & subsidy removal ). All these actions are been used to HOODWINK una, MARK MY WORDS, WHEN THEY PASS THE 2012 BUDGET, BOKO's activities will be TAMED by the same people acting as if they were taken UNAWARES today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okorocha Advocates One Senator Per State To Cut Cost Of Governance / Lagos Civil Servants Back Ambode For APC Primary / How I ‘outsmarted’ Adamu To Deliver Tinubu As APC Candidate – Omisore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.