Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,590 members, 7,958,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:45 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1724630 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by dukeuo: 1:29am On Jul 11, 2014
birdman: Other than htown rockets, I have never really been a fan of any team. I follow players rather than teams. That said, if Lebron plays for Dan Gilbert again, he will lose my respect. My main reason for championing this dude was how he stood up to the billionaire, in a way Kobe or MJ never did. In other words, understanding the game outside the game,. If he goes back to the "owner" who has already made his racist views on Lebron known in the past, I will have been mistaken in thinking Lebron became a man by leaving the Cavs. We go see by the end of this week angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:42am On Jul 11, 2014
dukeuo:
H town all day hopefully.we.get bosh

my guy, as much as i like the big three, i'm hoping bosh gets pissed with all the lebron attention and goes to houston.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by dukeuo: 5:10am On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=birdman]
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
Loooooooooool Lebron back to Cleveland. Haahahaaa so no more Heat fans right?

Looks like Bosh to the Rockets
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
A40: Loooooooooool Lebron back to Cleveland. Haahahaaa so no more Heat fans right?

Looks like Bosh to the Rockets
And the East died.

This is time for the Thunders to sneak one ring in
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
The return of the KING
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
This is why Lebron can never be Jordan or Kobe. Its not merely about titles and rings we can clearly see this ninja is all about taking the easy way out

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
ektbear: The return of the KING
Which kin yeye King? Always bolting at the slightest inconvenience

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
This puts the final nail on the coffin of who the greatest is?

ESPN analyst giving all the crazy excuses they can phantom and am sitting here laughing my butt off for real..

Granger, Birdman and Napier are the big three in Miami now..Chris Bosh is getting paid and am sure is the happiest from all this crap..

The Eastern conference would be worse next season, it's a huge shame.. What would be Miami's record next season?

Bandwagon follow follow Heat fans where una dey ooo, una Queen don leave una oo
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
ektbear: The return of the KING

Queen you mean?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
A40: This is why Lebron can never be Jordan or Kobe. Its not merely about titles and rings we can clearly see this ninja is all about taking the easy way out
How is this the easy way out it isn't like the Cavaliers will win next season ?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:06am On Jul 12, 2014
SIRcumalot:

exactly. dude is so stuck on hating one player he loses all objectivity. dont bother trying to convince him. he will believe 1+1 is 3 before he comes around.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:09am On Jul 12, 2014
i was going to rail on LBJ for this move, primarily because of the racist ish Dan Gilbert the owner pulled the last time. After reading the SI article, I grudgingly accept his reasons, even though I think he was being partially truthful. This is also a very good move for him, as it revamps his image, meaning more advertising dollars plus not having to take a significant pay cut. Btw I think players taking a paycut just to win is a stupid thing to do. The owner wont take a paycut to keep you. Why should the player?

I'll still be rooting for LBJ, albeit not nearly as much (I have always been a Bosh and Wade fan too), but at this point, its obvious LBJ is more interested in business than balling. I guess he is wising up faster than I would like tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:14am On Jul 12, 2014
http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

LeBron: I'm coming back to Cleveland

Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.

Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 2010? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left. Miami, for me, has been almost like college for other kids. These past four years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better player and a better man. I learned from a franchise that had been where I wanted to go. I will always think of Miami as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.

I went to Miami because of D-Wade and CB. We made sacrifices to keep UD. I loved becoming a big bro to Rio. I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that’s exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with those guys. I’ve talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are brothers for life. I also want to thank Micky Arison and Pat Riley for giving me an amazing four years.

I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He and Erik Spoelstra didn’t get along. … He and Riles didn’t get along. … The Heat couldn’t put the right team together. That’s absolutely not true.

I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.

I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Dan Gilbert, the booing of the Cleveland fans, the jerseys being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?
NBA
LeBron James announces his return to Cleveland Cavaliers
Complete SI.com coverage of LeBron's return to the Cavaliers

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.

say what you will, but this is better than "the decision". Not one, not two, not three...lol
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:19am On Jul 12, 2014
Roland17: This puts the final nail on the coffin of who the greatest is?

ESPN analyst giving all the crazy excuses they can phantom and am sitting here laughing my butt off for real..

Granger, Birdman and Napier are the big three in Miami now..Chris Bosh is getting paid and am sure is the happiest from all this crap..

The Eastern conference would be worse next season, it's a huge shame.. What would be Miami's record next season?

Bandwagon follow follow Heat fans where una dey ooo, una Queen don leave una oo

i know! $118mill for 5years for Bosh? Lmao. Im still a heat fan tho. Always liked Bosh, always liked Ray and always liked Dwade. And Ill be rooting for Birdman like I have always done wherever he goes.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
Heat fans how market na?

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
kliq: Heat fans how market na?

grin

Heat no get fans na. Who wan answer you?
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Mynd44:
Heat no get fans na. Who wan answer you?

Lol

They had some during the playoffs....plastic fans I guess. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
kliq:

Lol

They had some during the playoffs....plastic fans I guess. cheesy
They know they are not fans....just groupies
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Mynd44:
They know they are not fans....just groupies

R.I.P Miami Heat fanbase : 2010-2014

tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
Lebron to cleavEland
Jeremy lin to lakers
Hehehehe!! cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Don't be naïve I can't even believe you are buying that eye-service homecoming bullcrap he obviously saw younger and budding talents with Wiggins and Kyrie and left knowing fully well Wade and possibly Bosh are past their peak. The Cavs might not win next season but the Championship window is waaaaaaay wider than for the Heat which was a calculated gamble Lebron took. I call BS

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
birdman:

exactly. dude is so stuck on hating one player he loses all objectivity. dont bother trying to convince him. he will believe 1+1 is 3 before he comes around.

I'm hardly suprised since you can't see past your Lebron tinted shades I have friends who are Lebron fanboys like you who have been honest enough to at least admit Lebron phucked up

They say he left because the Heat didn't bring in enough backup but I ask how many players in their career had the luxury of playing with a Wade and Bosh in their prime on the same team? How much help does this diva possibly need?

Its easy to join the Cavs knowing he can compete for at least half a decade with younger talent than Wade and Bosh
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:19am On Jul 13, 2014
A40:
I'm hardly suprised since you can't see past your Lebron tinted shades I have friends who are Lebron fanboys like you who have been honest enough to at least admit Lebron phucked up

They say he left because the Heat didn't bring in enough backup but I ask how many players in their career had the luxury of playing with a Wade and Bosh in their prime on the same team? How much help does this diva possibly need?

Its easy to join the Cavs knowing he can compete for at least half a decade with younger talent than Wade and Bosh

So he left a team that got to the finals 4 straight years, won 2 out of 4 championships, and just added granger and mcroberts to a team boasting wade, bosh and and a playoff tested coach for a team with one good point guard, a high draft pick and a rookie coach plus 10 other no name guys on the team which has sucked consistently since he left. As usual, logic is not your strong suite when it comes to LeBron. Enjoy your ignorance.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:59am On Jul 13, 2014
I heard Ray Allen also wants to join Lebron in Cleveland. Loool how pathetic! You 9 years older than him do you have a mancrush or something? Hahahaha

birdman:

So he left a team that got to the finals 4 straight years, won 2 out of 4 championships, and just added granger and mcroberts to a team boasting wade, bosh and and a playoff tested coach for a team with one good point guard, a high draft pick and a rookie coach plus 10 other no name guys on the team which has sucked consistently since he left. As usual, logic is not your strong suite when it comes to LeBron. Enjoy your ignorance.
You clearly cannot see beyond your nose when the subject matter is Lebron! When last was Granger relevant in this league? Who da phunk is McRoberts? Wade and Bosh have no upside! Bosh is already 30 Wade would be 33 in a few months so the only way for them is down! now compare that with Andrew Wiggins (a player touted as the next big thing in this draft) Kyrie Irving (one of the best PGs in the league) and a young flexible team that can only get better, the incentive is there to join the Cavs knowing fully well there would be numerous opportunities to win Championships even when he is past this prime because guys like Wiggins and Irving would have fully evolved

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:22am On Jul 13, 2014
A40: I heard Ray Allen also wants to join Lebron in Cleveland. Loool how pathetic! You 9 years older than him do you have a mancrush or something? Hahahaha

You clearly cannot see beyond your nose when the subject matter is Lebron! When last was Granger relevant in this league? Who da phunk is McRoberts? Wade and Bosh have no upside! Bosh is already 30 Wade would be 33 in a few months so the only way for them is down! now compare that with Andrew Wiggins (a player touted as the next big thing in this draft) Kyrie Irving (one of the best PGs in the league) and a young flexible team that can only get better, the incentive is there to join the Cavs knowing fully well there would be numerous opportunities to win Championships even when he is past this prime because guys like Wiggins and Irving would have fully evolved

You are the same dude that claimed Rashard Lewis was a star player, because you wanted to prove Lebron had too much help. Now you are trying to prove Wade is over the hill, Bosh is old, Granger and McRoberts are nobodies. You went from hailing Rashard Lewis to dissing 2 all stars and 2 solid players. See yourself for ground? As I said, logic is not your strong suite.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:23am On Jul 13, 2014
A40:
Don't be naïve I can't even believe you are buying that eye-service homecoming bullcrap he obviously saw younger and budding talents with Wiggins and Kyrie and left knowing fully well Wade and possibly Bosh are past their peak. The Cavs might not win next season but the Championship window is waaaaaaay wider than for the Heat which was a calculated gamble Lebron took. I call BS
it makes for a good story especially if it ends in at least one NBA championship.
Still as a fan you have to enjoy how this move levels out the playing field in the east.
If he still remain with the heats I don't see how they won't reach 2 more finals or at least get one more ring
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
Paul Pierce gathering all the retirement fund he can accure by moving to the Wizards..."THE TRUTH"
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
A40:

Point cool
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
birdman:

You are the same dude that claimed Rashard Lewis was a star player, because you wanted to prove Lebron had too much help. Now you are trying to prove Wade is over the hill, Bosh is old, Granger and McRoberts are nobodies. You went from hailing Rashard Lewis to dissing 2 all stars and 2 solid players. See yourself for ground? As I said, logic is not your strong suite.
Stop being silly! You said Rashard Lewis was more or less a dud and I only tried to explain to you that it was not the case. Its obvious Lebron means so much to you you are willing to sound dumb just to prove a point! Wade and Bosh are stars but even a ret@rd knows that they are slowly moving past their prime if that is your interpretation of dissing then you are much dimmer than I thought
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
A40:
Stop being silly! You said Rashard Lewis was more or less a dud and I only tried to explain to you that it was not the case. Its obvious Lebron means so much to you you are willing to sound dumb just to prove a point! Wade and Bosh are stars but even a ret@rd knows that they are slowly moving past their prime if that is your interpretation of dissing then you are much dimmer than I thought

One moment Rashard is good enough. The next moment, Wade and Bosh are not good enough. The longer you argue, the more you ramble, because like I said, when it comes to James, you lose logical thinking. Even you have realized it, and have reverted to name calling in lieu of facts. All the names you can call me in this world doesn't change the plain simple facts grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:29am On Jul 14, 2014
birdman:

One moment Rashard is good enough. The next moment, Wade and Bosh are not good enough. The longer you argue, the more you ramble, because like I said, when it comes to James, you lose logical thinking. Even you have realized it, and have reverted to name calling in lieu of facts. All the names you can call me in this world doesn't change the plain simple facts grin
Wade and Bosh not good enough? When did I say that you ret@rd! So a player slowly edging past their prime means they are not good enough? Is that what it means in Simpletonia where you obviously come from? You are just a big eediot and arguing with you is simply a waste of time

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.