Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630904 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2014
Naaaaaaate robinson!........3 dunks in two minutes....one alley hoop dunk and two putback dunks......all in 2minutes......dis guy can be explosive yo

Seems d nets have started pickin up wins..... cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:22am On Jan 08, 2014
Welcome J. Bayless, a good trade if you ask me, in exchange for C. Lee... A good backup PG when Rondo is healthy again.

L. Deng to the Cavs for unwanted Bynum who has already been waived by the Bulls, kids career is nose diving..
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pistons taken down like its nothing.

Onto the next.

#KnicksTape
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
Knicks exploring J R Smith trade options... Absolutely about fuc...king time!
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:07am On Jan 09, 2014
Another defeat....really tough times for the Lakers with a record of 14-22 angry
I doubt we make it to the playoff as we are 7.5 games under .500,pretty sad sad the season looks so bleak already,guess we should concentrate on building our roster for the future

#LakerNation
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:49am On Jan 09, 2014
kliq: Another defeat....really tough times for the Lakers with a record of 14-22 angry
I doubt we make it to the playoff as we are 7.5 games under .500,pretty sad sad the season looks so bleak already,guess we should concentrate on building our roster for the future

#LakerNation

you were actually thinking about playoffs? lol. i respect you optimism though
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:52am On Jan 09, 2014
birdman:

you were actually thinking about playoffs? lol. i respect you optimism though

Lmao grin

Yeah and i still believe the playoff berth is within reach regardless how tough the western conference is(never say never)
Look at the Nets,they are up there now and are balling tight @ the moment(8th position)
By the time our injured players(Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Jordan Farmar and Xavier Henry)get back,we move on from there.

#LakerNation
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
kliq: Another defeat....really tough times for the Lakers with a record of 14-22 angry

#LakerNation
Playoffs ke? Mission impossible bruh
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
A-40:

Playoffs ke? Mission impossible bruh

Lol.....impossible is nothing bro smiley and besides it's still just the 1st half of the season....at the end of it,i'll say "remember i told ya" grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
kliq:

Lol.....impossible is nothing bro smiley and besides it's still just the 1st half of the season....at the end of it,i'll say "remember i told ya" grin
Fingers crossed! I want to see the Lakers in the playoffs but its hard when you see guys like Gasol that have mentally checked out from that team already
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 8:21am On Jan 10, 2014
Heat taken down by the Knicks.... #Knickstape #Knicks cheesy

4th time in 5 regular season meeting ... Love that my beloved Knicks
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:01am On Jan 10, 2014
A-40:

Fingers crossed! I want to see the Lakers in the playoffs but its hard when you see guys like Gasol that have mentally checked out from that team already
Kool and true about Gasol....the Gasol/Bynum deal would have been a great 1 but it's all good...we just have to make d best of what is on the roster as well as cope with d many injuries.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2014
Polio: Heat taken down by the Knicks.... #Knickstape #Knicks cheesy

4th time in 5 regular season meeting ... Love that my beloved Knicks

Knicks,Heat's beater 4 of 5 grin
Let's see if the Nets can pull 1 tonight against the heat
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 10:18am On Jan 10, 2014
kliq:
Knicks,Heat's better 4 of 5 grin
Let's see if the Nets can pull 1 tonight against the heat

its a good time to take on the Heat and claim a scalp

Nets can do it!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:41am On Jan 10, 2014
kliq: Kool and true about Gasol....the Gasol/Bynum deal would have been a great 1 but it's all good...we just have to make d best of what is on the roster as well as cope with d many injuries.
I know tanking is not in the Lakers DNA sha but I think trading Gasol not for Bynum might be a good move. Let's see how yall handle the Clippers

Superb effort from the Knicks! Without Chandler and JR
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
Wow.....finally the lock-out on here is over,draft done(lakers got randle cheesy ) NBA free agency around the corner with so many stars opting out of their contracts to enable them recruit fellow stars.....my B-ball people what's up?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:50am On Jun 28, 2014
Marcus Smart: am I glad we drafted him? Hmmm not too sure, for one it's raised my worries about Rondo long term, i followed Smart's college career with Oklahoma, talented prospect, born leader with a lot of up sides including his jump shooting and ability to drive to the rim but shot selection and his inability to control his emotions during games is a weak point, he is targeted by opponents and easily falls for it, amasses a lot of technical fouls owing to this weak point, another worry is his reputation for flopping which I was a witness to, it's definitely not a vibe that is associated with us (Celtics) I wish we still got Doc Rivers, he works well with moulding young Guards, but hey Danny Ainge is still very much available copled with young Coach Brad Stevens, I hope we can help him fulfill his potentials..

James Young: this is one player I am sooooo excited about, James young exploded with the Wildcats last season, the Monster dunk he had in the finals against David Ollie and the Huskies still amazes me, he drives to the rim with authority and is not scared of the big stage, I hope he carries his humble persona to the NBA, i am looking forward to the new season in anticipation and belief that the rebuilding would take shape this year for us..

#greenrunsdeep

Glad to have Nairaland back..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 5:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
Cavs selects wiggins!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:21am On Jun 29, 2014
Na waa oo! So all those my memes and the beautiful basketball moments San Antone gave us is gone just like that

If I'm Dirk I'd pretty much be asking for a trade! What kind of asinine GM trades for phucking Raymond Felton? Teams literally start winning the minute he leaves their locker room! While they are both poor defenders Calderon is a far more efficient passer and is a far better shooter than Felton. Its also laughable that they traded back for a Chandler they shouldn't have let go in the first place! With no first round draft picks the Mavs are pretty much screwed if they don't land Lebron or Melo

Wiggins 1st pick Jabari 2nd pick Embiid 3rd pick I find it interesting that the Sixers pick another injured center after picking Noel last year rather puzzling if you ask me

The Lakers made a smart move drafting Julius Randle kid has mad potential

Lebron opts out and it looks like Kyle Lowry might be joining the Heat. If Kyle joins I suspect one of the big three might walk

Timmie D is also on deck for his 18th season. I kinda think he shoulda retired on top cos the dropoff in performance might be ugly

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:28am On Jun 29, 2014
Lol @ A-40,those NBA finals moment gone but then life must go on.

Wade,Bosh,James and Haslem opted out.....creating a salary cap space of $55m(wow)
I just hope the Heat's bandwagon(plastic) fans won't follow suit by also opting out too. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2014
tongue

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
kliq: Lol @ A-40,those NBA finals moment gone but then life must go on.

Wade,Bosh,James and Haslem opted out.....creating a salary cap space of $55m(wow)
I just hope the Heat's bandwagon(plastic) fans won't follow suit by also opting out too. grin
They are free-agents as we speak. I heard the Raptors are going really hard to get Bosh back and are ready to give him a max deal
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
A-40:

They are free-agents as we speak. I heard the Raptors are going really hard to get Bosh back and are ready to give him a max deal

Sounds good,now that they got two rings together,they should consider the business aspect of the game and get the right pay by not having to take a pay cut every free agency period.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:39am On Jun 30, 2014
wow! the whole season gone.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:22am On Jun 30, 2014
Melo is meeting with the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday as they try to lure him to the Windy City which would be a perfect fit albeit some aspect of his game has to change.
Re: The NBA Begins by davidif: 5:36am On Jun 30, 2014
birdman: wow! the whole season gone.

Yes o.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Roland17: Melo is meeting with the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday as they try to lure him to the Windy City which would be a perfect fit albeit some aspect of his game has to change.

Heard he's meeting with the Lakers on Thursday
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:49am On Jul 02, 2014
I think Melo is ending up in chi town.That cast will get to ECF every year and likely whoop the Heat's current roster
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:29am On Jul 03, 2014
Congrats to Avery Bradley as he resigns with the Celtics to a 4 year extension..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:44am On Jul 10, 2014
Ill bet $100 Melo is staying with the knicks. Dude has satisfied his need to be wanted. No way he plays for Lakers and shares the ball with Kobe. And he would never get along with thibodeau even though chi town is his best chance for a ring
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:54am On Jul 10, 2014
Other than htown rockets, I have never really been a fan of any team. I follow players rather than teams. That said, if Lebron plays for Dan Gilbert again, he will lose my respect. My main reason for championing this dude was how he stood up to the billionaire, in a way Kobe or MJ never did. In other words, understanding the game outside the game,. If he goes back to the "owner" who has already made his racist views on Lebron known in the past, I will have been mistaken in thinking Lebron became a man by leaving the Cavs. We go see by the end of this week angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.