Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618482 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:58am On May 03, 2015
Damn good series. Spurs lost but they lost while giving it all. Cool....

Now Clippers Rockets.
Like seriously these Western conference matchups are something else
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 4:15am On May 03, 2015
Cometh the hour, cometh the man.Chris Paul!

So happy the Spurs' out.Yaaaayyy!
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:29am On May 03, 2015
Blake Griffin has really matured into a great player. He cost them game 2 but has paid his debts in the latter games. He filled up stat sheets in every department and rounded it up with a triple double. A MONSTER!!!!! Roland17, come apologise, lol

CP3 brought his A-game in this series and that running bank shot over Duncan.... Phewwww

Speaking of Duncan, he's the only highlight for Spurs even at 39. Other players were not present esp Parker and Ginobili. Leonard was blank in these last two games and didn't close down CP3 for a supposed defensive player of the year

Doubt Duncan would continue. He's a future hall of famer, 5x champion, 2x MVP. What more can he do? Him and Dirk are truly legends
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:34am On May 03, 2015
hopefully the clippers are emotionally spent. unlikely though..rockets are in for a battle.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:01pm On May 03, 2015
Decale:
Blake Griffin has really matured into a great player. He cost them game 2 but has paid his debts in the latter games. He filled up stat sheets in every department and rounded it up with a triple double. A MONSTER!!!!! Roland17, come apologise, lol

CP3 brought his A-game in this series and that running bank shot over Duncan.... Phewwww

Speaking of Duncan, he's the only highlight for Spurs even at 39. Other players were not present esp Parker and Ginobili. Leonard was blank in these last two games and didn't close down CP3 for a supposed defensive player of the year

Doubt Duncan would continue. He's a future hall of famer, 5x champion, 2x MVP. What more can he do? Him and Dirk are truly legends

Playoffs experience is inevitably important for the maturation of young players and Blake is learning the ropes and correcting his mistakes, I have never questioned his talent but in some series he was not up to par, but games bring consistency and opportunities to correct mistakes.

Let's have predictions for the next round guys..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:48pm On May 03, 2015
Grizzlies vs Warrirors

Old school vs modern day basketball, the grizzlies are limited in offense especially coming off the bench, they would look to slow the game down against the more mobile warriors, and hope to play some half court basketball as the Warriors can burn any team in fast breaks and transition basketball, they also posses some size and power and would look to pound the glass, the only hope the Grizzlies have is to make the splash brothers play some defense and get into foul trouble but I doubt that would occur as only the injured Mike Conley can match the speed from that position, would this be a tough series, you would hope but the offensive fire power of the Warriors would overwhelm the Grizzlies.

Warriors in 5

Houston Rockets vs LA Clippers.

The rockets come into this match up well rested and refreshed, the biggest question surrounding this series is who can defend James Harden and how serious is the hamstring injury of CP3, if the Clippers are to make any sort of run in this series it is important they have their leader CP3 on the court, DJ vs Howard would be quite interesting, but I think Howard would win considering he is an integral part of the rockets offense and also when smith comes in it changes everything as it opens the court more, this would be very tough series but too much Harden would prevail.

Rockets in 6

Cavs vs Bulls

Another very good series in the waiting, the Cavs I have always insisted are a C+ team without Lebron and now they would without two scoring options to start this series, the Bulls would look to stifle the Cavs and hopefully put some buckets to create some space in the score line, both teams have very poor bench so it rests on the first teams to do a lot of the scoring, rose must be well rested now and would look to continue his path to proving he is still a name to reckon with, if he is top of his game I doubt there is a player that can defend him, Jimmy butler would have the assignment of ensuring LBJ is quiet but that would affect his offense, the Cavs would depend hugely on Kyrie and LBJ for buckets. The Bulls have the perfect team against the Cavs but with LBJ surrounded with a lot of scorers it would silly to write the Cavs out.

The Bulls in 7

Atlanta Hawks vs Washington Wizards

The Hawks proved me and everyone who are unbelievers right against the Nets, the Nets pushed them farther than anticipated and the fear that a jump shooting team without a super star player can't streak too far in the playoff, against the Wizards it's pretty much going to be tougher, the Wizards are more mobile and do have some stars and experienced players capable of taking over games when it matters, with Beal and Wall they posses the best back court in the East add "THE TRUTH" and Nene and the resurgent bench with Porter and Gooden who gained so much prominence in the series against the raptors then you have a powerful offense that can crash the board and also defend the perimeter, the only chance the Hawks have is if they make their jumpers consistently which is almost impossible.

Wizards in 7
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:01pm On May 03, 2015
Hawks vs Wizards (Wizards in 6)

The Hawks are the Spurs but not on steroids. They struggled in a couple of games in round one and their FG percentage was piss poor. Korver, Teague and Millsap need back their regular season mojo cos they fail to realize it's the playoffs. The only good highlight about them is Demarre Caroll. Wizards on the other hand have a stronger bench, better PG by a landslide, a clutch player and a good road record. What they lack is defence.
Can Hawks handle THE TRUTH?

Cavs vs Bulls (Cavs in 7)

This should be Cavs in 5 but the absence of Smith and Love will go tough on them especially their first 2 home games where both starters would be absent. They still got the players: The King who knows how to beat the Bulls, Kyrie who has been superb this post-season and Shumpert when he wants to play. Granted Love would leave a big hole in the defence, it's time for LBJ and Mozgov to step up.
The Bulls on the other hand got a stacked team from starters to the bench. Rose hasn't proven his mettle yet and Butler has been off and on. Noah hasn't been defensive this year and Mirotic doesn't get enough minutes. These 4 players need to step up their games if they want to be at the ECF

Warriors vs Grizzlies (Warriors in 6)

Nothing long here. Warriors got the Splash brothers, Grizzlies got the paint brothers. Warriors got the best defence, Grizzlies got the 2nd best defence. Warriors got the "MVP" while grizzlies are missing Conley. Both teams will win their 2 home games, Warriors nick it in games 5 & 6

Rockets vs Clippers (Clippers in 6)

Rockets have had enough rest and they're out to prove why they are the division champs. Every single Rocket player has been on steroids this post season. They got a healthy Dwight and an "MVP", a star sixth man and their 3pt shots speak for them. They've done more of attacking the paint this post season though but pretty sure they'll go back to status quo seeing Jordan and Griffin at the board
CP3 has never been to a conference final before and got a better odd than ever before after the huge upset on the defending champs. Hamstring or no hamstring, he doesn't care and he's going blood after murdering Leonard (DPOY). Jordan has to step up his FT shooting after seeing Griffin go 10/11 in game 7
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:42pm On May 03, 2015
Hawks vs Wizards: I'm really not carried away by the sweep of the Raptors. I don't think they competed and hence the Wizards haven't tasted adversity. They would get that with the Hawks who have the best offense in the East. Of course they have Paul Pierce, John Wall, Brad Beal and Gortat but the Hawks have weapons of their own with Demare Carroll, Kyle Korver, Jeff Teague. Paul Millsap and Al Horford. They also have the better bench and I've seen the Wizards offense stall too many times during the regular season. It would be a tough series the Wizards defense is solid and can decide this round but I think the Hawks offense has too much firepower for the Wizards

Hawks in 6

Warriors vs Grizzlies: With Mike Conley this series could go to 7 games without him it would probably end in 5. Still the Warriors showed some weaknesses against the Pelicans they won't win so many offensive rebounds that's for sure and the likes of Tony Allen can also be deployed to slow down the Splash Brothers. However the Warriors do have a weapon of their own down low with Andrew Bogut. His health has pushed GSW from pretenders to contenders and should ensure Gasol and Z-Bo don't have it sweet in the paint. The Warriors can play at a speed the Grizz can't match and this would be the difference maker

Warriors in 6
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:23pm On May 03, 2015
Roland17:

Atlanta Hawks vs Washington Wizards

The Hawks proved me and everyone who are unbelievers right against the Nets, the Nets pushed them farther than anticipated and the fear that a jump shooting team without a super star player can't streak too far in the playoff, against the Wizards it's pretty much going to be tougher, the Wizards are more mobile and do have some stars and experienced players capable of taking over games when it matters, with Beal and Wall they posses the best back court in the East add "THE TRUTH" and Nene and the resurgent bench with Porter and Gooden who gained so much prominence in the series against the raptors then you have a powerful offense that can crash the board and also defend the perimeter, the only chance the Hawks have is if they make their jumpers consistently which is almost impossible.

Wizards in 7
I think you're under-estimating how bad the raptors where we can't judge the strength of the wizards by that series.
If the nets got the raptors in the first round knowing what I know now my money is on the nets.
Deron,brook lopez, joe johnson and Co, stock may have fallen, but a few times they'll show you glimpse of why they got that massive contract which is why the hawks couldn't put them away quickly.
The hawks will defeat the wizard in six.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:46pm On May 03, 2015
It's the Second round,contenders have been separated from the pretenders.

Wizards taking the 1st game on the road against the Hawks 104-98 quite impressive

cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 10:42pm On May 03, 2015
Curry is unstoppable!
Re: The NBA Begins by tuffgongjo(m): 10:08pm On May 04, 2015
Ewuro4:
Curry is unstoppable!
For he is the MAN.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:55pm On May 04, 2015
Steph Curry is 2014-2015 KIA NBA MVP. Brilliant speech too

Cavs vs Bulls: The Bulls would never have a better opportunity to get past the Cavs and Lebron James. D.Rose this time at least has some help and the Bulls are out of excuses. Without J.R Smith for the first 2 games and Kevin Love for the season the Cavs have gone from NBA Champions in waiting to question marks. How do they replace his shooting, rebounding and sheer ability to spread the floor and allow Kyrie and Lebron to work? Teams would most likely clog the paint and dare them to shoot from outside. While the Cavs won the regular season 3-1 I like the Bulls with a healthy Rose, Pau Gasol and Jimmy Butler doing enough to get past the Cavs this time

Bulls in 7

Rockets v Clippers: The Clippers might be without CP3 for Game 1 and after the heavyweight bout with the Spurs you just have to wonder if the Clips have anything left. The Clippers have no one who can really guard James Harden and Dwight Howard would make it tough on the inside for DeAndre and Blake Griffin but DeAndre is also a one man wrecking crew at the other end as well. What the Clippers have shown is heart and it would be silly to write the Clippers off especially if Paul is healthy. The Rockets have the homecourt advantage and a deeper team but they were not pushed as hard by the Mavs. Lack of experience with adversity can hurt a team in the playoffs and I think it just might here

Clippers in 7 (if CP3 is healthy)
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:55am On May 05, 2015
this cavs coach is useless. if not for lebron just running into the paint this should be a 20 pt lead. they literally are scoring 100% off lebron. no ball movement, no hockey assist. lol
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 2:18am On May 05, 2015
That stupidity by JR in the first round and the absence of Love is seriously doing the Cavs in.

But for Lebron, this will be a white-wash.
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 2:46am On May 05, 2015
No Chris Paul.I just hope the game against Spurs has not drained the Clippers
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:51am On May 05, 2015
birdman:
this cavs coach is useless. if not for lebron just running into the paint this should be a 20 pt lead. they literally are scoring 100% off lebron. no ball movement, no hockey assist. lol

What exactly were you expecting for the Cavs without Love and Smith, those are double digit scorers one would be absent from the series, the bench is not deep either.

LBJ had over 6 turnovers if I am not wrong so he was not exactly the best player on the night, he did not light up the night as Butler did a very good job on him defensively. The night belonged to Kyrie....LBJ, Kyrie and maybe Imam who had a solid game have to do better tha. Just double digits if they have any hopes of upsetting the Bulls, even with Love and Smith the Cavs were not overwhelming favorites worth more now.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 11:03am On May 05, 2015
Clippers took game 1 interestingly without CP3....Griffin going for his 3rd tripple double of the post season 26/14/13

I wish they can go all the way
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:41pm On May 05, 2015
Blake Griffin has to be the MVP of the playoffs. Proving to be more than just a dunk machine with the grown man game he played against the Rockets

Doc Rivers would also be very proud of his son. He filled in admirably and it just goes to show what you can get done if you play the game and not feel sorry for yourself because of injuries

Never expected the Clippers to steal Game 1 without CP3 (who is looking like their 2nd best player now btw)

The Cavs are there for the taking like I said before. With Love out, a rookie coach even J.R Smith was rubbish as he usually is in the playoffs. Thibodeau only has himself to blame if he and the Bulls don't take advantage
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 2:48am On May 06, 2015
Basketball must be some game in which rest isn't much needed before or after game.lol

There is no night Dennis Shroeder isn't up in the club with his hookah even before important games in atl.

That said, like A40 said, Blake overall game has immensely improved.I remember saying 2 seasons ago he's just about the "dunks".....And it seems what doesn't kill you really makes you stronger, apparently the victory over Spurs has given the Clippers a great belief.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:00am On May 06, 2015
I have always maintained Mike Conley is the most underrated point guard in the NBA also considering he plays in the western conference.

Tony Allen is the best perimeter and one/one defender in the NBA, is that debatable?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:18pm On May 06, 2015
Roland17:
I have always maintained Mike Conley is the most underrated point guard in the NBA also considering he plays in the western conference.

Tony Allen is the best perimeter and one/one defender in the NBA, is that debatable?

Tony Allen yes. Mike Conley ehhh. He is a solid PG, but the team is also built to cover up his weakness, namely he has trouble with fast scoring point guards. Which is why the Grizz defensive scheme last night deserves applause. They iced Curry, and unfortunately Curry couldnt make them pay with assists (Conley was actually not much better)
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:53pm On May 06, 2015
Conley is about the only guy on their perimeter that gives you scoring and does so efficiently he is also careful with the ball and him playing means less load on Z-Bo and Marc Gasol. I was impressed with him and always felt the Warriors were suspect since watching the Pelicans series. If Conley is healthy the Warriors would be pushed to the limit

Injury to John Wall also put the Wizards in trouble they better hope his hands heal in time.

JustKay3:
Basketball must be some game in which rest isn't much needed before or after game.lol
There is no night Dennis Shroeder isn't up in the club with his hookah even before important games in atl.
That said, like A40 said, Blake overall game has immensely improved.I remember saying 2 seasons ago he's just about the "dunks".....And it seems what doesn't kill you really makes you stronger, apparently the victory over Spurs has given the Clippers a great belief.
Its the playoffs! Everyone is locked in. Plus you play the same team multiple times hence while you do make changes from game to game these changes are usually just minor tweaks.

You have to deal with some adversity and teams usually benefit from tougher matchups.

Blake has developed an all-round game. He is still an average defender and cannot stop a nosebleed but so long as Josh Smith keeps taking those awkward jumpers instead of attacking Blake the Clippers should be fine
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:47am On May 07, 2015
Jeeeez! 38-18 Cavs in the first quarter

Lebron ain't phucking around

Joakim Noah smh nigga is aging by the quarter! Complete liability on the floor
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:01am On May 07, 2015
How about the Bulls tanking in game 2 because they stole one game from Cleveland, LBJ was magical tonight, this is how aggressive he has to be without Love and even if Smith comes back for them to win this series.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:44am On May 07, 2015
all series tied up 1-1. any team could win anywhere and last year's champion is already out. the level of talent and parity is good for business tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:34am On May 07, 2015
Loving this 2nd round cool
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:54pm On May 07, 2015
Lol Lebron should always wear his headband
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 4:04am On May 09, 2015
Reporting live from staple centre

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:10am On May 09, 2015
D.Rose and the Bulls are definitely not kidding in this series, great adjustment, very tight game, I have always insisted the Cavs are a C+ team without LBJ in the eastern conference.

Good to watch CLUTCH Rose..
Re: The NBA Begins by raumdeuter: 6:49am On May 09, 2015
Clippers blowing outHouston
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:41pm On May 09, 2015
Austin Rivers has made his dad really proud.

James Harden with no free throws to pad his points isn't so effective

And that Derrick Rose shot. Jeeez!

Lebron taking too many shots and missing them. Kyrie is also non effectual they have zero hope of beating the Bulls if they keep playing this way

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: kendrick9(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.