Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627992 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:18pm On May 20, 2015
2015 DRAFT LOTTERY ORDER
1. Minnesota
2. L.A. Lakers
3. Philadelphia
4. New York
5. Orlando
6. Sacramento
7. Denver
8. Detroit
9. Charlotte
10. Miami
11. Indiana
12. Utah
13. Phoenix
14. Oklahoma City

#LakersNation cool
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 6:20am On May 21, 2015
CAVS leads 1-0
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 2:25am On May 22, 2015
Okay
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:43am On May 22, 2015
chai! na so dem wan do me? cry
Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 4:58am On May 22, 2015
Damn! Harden played well all night but that last play.This is a team that came down from 3-1 though, so count them out at your own peril.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:14am On May 22, 2015
It would be selfish of me to apportion any blame on Harden, I think he had the play on his head but over thought it after the first drive was doubled and he retreated, probably should have called a time out but he was the best player on the night, the Rockets do stand a very good chance, Curry enjoyed laxed defense in the first half especially the first quarter and made the Rockets pay by hitting tons of threes, I seriously think that was the difference, the first quarter scoring by Curry.
Re: The NBA Begins by bigsam2010: 2:03am On May 23, 2015
There is a secret of how to win a sportbet, that most stakers does not know. Most people want to win big at once, while I always take my time to calculate very well and win little day-by-day.

After all my researches and calculations, I found MERRYBET to be the best to make cool money among all other sportbet companies here in Nigeria.

Follow me on my Merrybet Link (http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate197881), create, fund your account and let us begin a cool deal.

After creating and funding your account with merrybet, try to download an ICQ CHAT on your Desktop, Laptop or mobile phone. Create an account with your merrybet username. Search for my PIN NO. 672549047 and add me

Note: Only a registered member on my Merrybet affilliate link with be accepted.

I wish you a best of luck.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:59am On May 23, 2015
CAVS up 2-0
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:47am On May 23, 2015
Wow I almost feel sorry for the Rockets. They easily could have picked up both games in the Bay but Steph Curry is playing out of his mind rn even though James Harden was a beast in Gm 2 he ultimately got outfoxed by Steph when it mattered most

Going to the East and at the risk of sounding like a Lebron hater that conference is just too WEAK. No Love no Kyrie yet they have beaten the supposed best team in their conference twice in their own building! No disrespect to the Cavs (contradiction I know) but they are not crossing 2nd round in the West
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:27am On May 24, 2015
Massive victory for GSW now 3-0,Curry had a big night....coming up with 40pts as well postseason record for 3s(64 3pointers)
Can Houston survive this 3-0 hole?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:22pm On May 24, 2015
I have always insisted the Cavs are at best a C+ team with Lebron in the lineup, he is the difference and that of course has everything to do with being in a pathetic eastern conference, they are playing this post season without Love, JR Smith was suspended for couple of games and Kyrie banged up injured, it is simply impossible to achieve same feat in the west with one injured super star.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:54pm On May 24, 2015
Lol people said Warriors in 3 and I thought it was all fun and jokes but now we can see why.

I've always felt it is more important to be able to shoot the 3-ball because it makes all other aspects of your offense simpler. That's the difference between Curry and Harden who relies on getting to the foul line and making mostly contested long 2's some nights he is great (Game 2) other nights he is the epitome of inefficiency

How do you win when your best player is shooting 3/16?

Just how easy Curry makes it look sometimes! He even out-hustled Dwight on rebounds twice
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:03pm On May 24, 2015
I am not surprised the warriors are up 3. People keep underestimating these guys because you see all the pretty shots Curry takes. Watch their rotations guys. They play almost like the spurs. Houston doesnt have its x's and o's down yet. As the series goes on, they learn more of rockets tendencies. Harden and co will find out game 4 will be even harder to win. I will watch the massacre though...cant abandon my boys as the ship goes down

As for Lebron, the dude is flat out the best player in the league, and probably to ever play the game. The Hawks are the most disciplined and technical team in the East, and he made them look like the 8th seed. I said earlier this season that the basketball gods have a surprise for him. In spite of all the injuries to star players and missed time, Lebron is winning against the ball gods. I throway salute!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:15pm On May 24, 2015
birdman:
I am not surprised the warriors are up 3. People keep underestimating these guys because you see all the pretty shots Curry takes. Watch their rotations guys. They play almost like the spurs. Houston doesnt have its x's and o's down yet. As the series goes on, they learn more of rockets tendencies. Harden and co will find out game 4 will be even harder to win. I will watch the massacre though...cant abandon my boys as the ship goes down

As for Lebron, the dude is flat out the best player in the league, and probably to ever play the game. The Hawks are the most disciplined and technical team in the East, and he made them look like the 8th seed. I said earlier this season that the basketball gods have a surprise for him. In spite of all the injuries to star players and missed time, Lebron is winning against the ball gods. I throway salute!

You just lost the argument there..that argument has been done and dusted long ago...he might be amongst the greatest but he himself knows he is not the greatest..ask Michael Jordan..

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:28pm On May 24, 2015
Roland17:

You just lost the argument there..that argument has been done and dusted long ago...he might be amongst the greatest but he himself knows he is not the greatest..ask Michael Jordan..

Even Jordan is watching Lebron right now. Best believe Kobe is watching Lebron right now. Becasue no superstar in recent memory has been able to dominate without a partner. The cavs have no business being in the playoffs with no kyrie, no love. Yet they are in ECF after beating a tough Bulls team. The Hawks are like the Warriors, Spurs clones. And teams that are well coached and disciplined dont go down like that.

Here i what I expect. Hawks will bounce back and eventually win this series. I can put money on it! But if somehow (impossible imo) Lebron manages to win this series, the GOAT crown is his. Simples
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:30pm On May 24, 2015
by the way, before the anti lbj crowd shows up, you need to show me your GOAT winning all the way to ECF or WCF without sidekicks. Winning with a team that is more like NBDL than NBA
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:36pm On May 24, 2015
birdman:

Even Jordan is watching Lebron right now. Best believe Kobe is watching Lebron right now. Becasue no superstar in recent memory has been able to dominate without a partner. The cavs have no business being in the playoffs with no kyrie, no love. Yet they are in ECF after beating a tough Bulls team. The Hawks are like the Warriors, Spurs clones. And teams that are well coached and disciplined dont go down like that.

Here i what I expect. Hawks will bounce back and eventually win this series. I can put money on it! But if somehow (impossible imo) Lebron manages to win this series, the GOAT crown is his. Simples

I would resist the temptation of delving into this argument again, this topic has been trashed extensively, I mean extensively with stats and crazy mature arguments 3 and 2 seasons ago on this thread, if you back track the thread you might find it..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:54pm On May 24, 2015
birdman:
Lol the Clippers would have made it a tougher series. The Rockets are 0-7 vs the Warriors and its not by accident

Credit to Alvin Gentry too he is the mastermind behind that offense. Enough is also not said about their defense. Its rare to see a team where the entire starting 5 are capable defenders

birdman:

No disrespect to Lebron but atm Steph Curry is the best player in the game. Best ever not even close but then again you have a right to your opinion

The Hawks barely squeaked past the Wizards who were missing their best player and struggled horribly vs the Nets, even the Bulls flattered to deceive

I know it sounds like we are salty and you can only beat what's in front of you but you and I know these Cavs are not getting past the 2nd round in the West. They won a series with Lebron shooting below 40% against the 3rd seed! Not happening with the West

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:59pm On May 24, 2015
birdman:
by the way, before the anti lbj crowd shows up, you need to show me your GOAT winning all the way to ECF or WCF without sidekicks. Winning with a team that is more like NBDL than NBA
He is winning because his conference is WEAK!! There's a reason he is 2-3 vs the West in the Finals. Even with 3 HOF as teammates he suffered a gentleman sweep.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:07am On May 25, 2015
birdman:

He's had Kyrie for the first two series. Love has zero playoff experience no biggie about that

The koko is can Lebron beat the Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Rockets or Warriors without Kyrie and Love? If he beats the Warriors in the NBA Finals then we can talk about his greatness

Korver is out, Demare Carroll isn't a 100% I'd advice you don't put money on a Hawks revival
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:44am On May 25, 2015
a40, roland17,
you guys have points i cant argue. bron did have kyrie most of the way. you know what, lets see if the cavs get to the finals. likely they will be playing the warriors. it should clear stuff up one way or the other. as for my rockets...man they need to win one and not go down like 0-4 punks angry angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:58am On May 25, 2015
birdman:
a40, roland17,
you guys have points i cant argue. bron did have kyrie most of the way. you know what, lets see if the cavs get to the finals. likely they will be playing the warriors. it should clear stuff up one way or the other. as for my rockets...man they need to win one and not go down like 0-4 punks angry angry angry

If there was any game in this series the Hawks deserved to win, it has to be tonight's game, tons of home cooking calls for the Cavs, quick question why was Dellavadovia issued a technical foul if his fall on Horford's leg was not intentional? Questionable officiating, the Hawks gave it all they got tonight, I think they have conceded the series tonight.

The argument of LBJ being the greatest of all time is massively flawed, let it go.... he might make it after the top 5 for some but definitely not on my top 7 list, Top 10 I can't even vouch for, a lot of factors go into consideration , he is playing in a hyped era where social media does not even help issues.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:46am On May 25, 2015
undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by will007: 8:52am On May 25, 2015
Roland17:

If there was any game in this series the Hawks deserved to win, it has to be tonight's game, tons of home cooking calls for the Cavs, quick question why was Dellavadovia issued a technical foul if his fall on Horford's leg was not intentional? Questionable officiating, the Hawks gave it all they got tonight, I think they have conceded the series tonight.

The argument of LBJ being the greatest of all time is massively flawed, let it go.... he might make it after the top 5 for some but definitely not on my top 7 list, Top 10 I can't even vouch for, a lot of factors go into consideration , he is playing in a hyped era where social media does not even help issues.

I respect the way with which you analyze,dissect,discuss the game of hoops, its awesome...respect sir...But, I would love to know your top 10 G.O.A.T
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 12:03pm On May 25, 2015
will007:

I respect the way with which you analyze,dissect,discuss the game of hoops, its awesome...respect sir...But, I would love to know your top 10 G.O.A.T
1 Kobe
2 Jordan

Etc cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 2:56pm On May 25, 2015
Line Up: Magic Johnson (PG)
Kobe Bryant (SG)
The Dream (C)
Michael Jordan (PF)
T-Mac (SF)

Bench: LeBron James (PF)
Tim Duncan (C/F)
Allen Iverson (SF) 6th man
John Stockton (PG)
Shaquille O'Neal (C)

Didn't see Kareem, Wilt or Larry Bird so fück em angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 25, 2015
OohMpa:
Line Up: Magic Johnson (PG)
Kobe Bryant (SG)
The Dream (C)
Michael Jordan (PF)
T-Mac (SF)

Bench: LeBron James (PF)
Tim Duncan (C/F)
Allen Iverson (SF) 6th man
John Stockton (PG)
Shaquille O'Neal (C)

Didn't see Kareem, Wilt or Larry Bird so fück em angry
no michael jordan? Thats an interesting list
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:20pm On May 25, 2015
Birdman just winding us. How can you say the Cavs were going to drop this series after going 2-up on the road
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:55pm On May 25, 2015
Roland17:

Lool haba e go dey top 10 nau. I do think he has benefited massively from playing in a weaker conference hence why he's played in so many Finals
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:27pm On May 25, 2015
A40:
Birdman just winding us. How can you say the Cavs were going to drop this series after going 2-up on the road

bros, you watched the game now. can you point to anything the cavs have done well in the last 3 games that makes them win 3 in a row against the hawks? Nothing! its literally lebron playing superman. and in my own mind, there is no way one dude can play well and win 3 in a row for his team, talk less 4. Anybody that says they saw the cavs up 3-0 at this point is lying. I will still be very surprised if the cavs win this 4-0 or even 4-1. it is possible but i would not bet on it. I am a Lebron fan but there is no way he is that good. The Hawks need to suck it up and play their game. tha cavs have no business being in the finals
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:28pm On May 25, 2015
kliq:

1 Kobe
2 Jordan

Etc cheesy

kliq u put kobe above jordan. u wan start fight lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.