Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635421 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:54am On May 26, 2015
birdman:

bros, you watched the game now. can you point to anything the cavs have done well in the last 3 games that makes them win 3 in a row against the hawks? Nothing! its literally lebron playing superman. and in my own mind, there is no way one dude can play well and win 3 in a row for his team, talk less 4. Anybody that says they saw the cavs up 3-0 at this point is lying. I will still be very surprised if the cavs win this 4-0 or even 4-1. it is possible but i would not bet on it. I am a Lebron fan but there is no way he is that good. The Hawks need to suck it up and play their game. tha cavs have no business being in the finals
Well the Hawks have arguably been worse! Its really not rocket science. The Cavs have been the better team thus far, they are getting more contributions from their role players and for the first two games at least shot the ball better than they ever did the entire playoffs

Of course no one saw the Cavs going 3-0 up but since the Hawks have failed to play like a #1 seed you can't blame the Cavs for handling bidness
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 2:24am On May 26, 2015
Donlittle:
no michael jordan? Thats an interesting list

He's starting
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:52am On May 26, 2015
birdman:

kliq u put kobe above jordan. u wan start fight lol

grin

My opinion Sir
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:55am On May 26, 2015
man, we won one! ill take it. i will take it. if the season ends come wednesday, so be it. it was a good run. Tonight, we celebrate wink wink
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:37pm On May 26, 2015
That was quite the shootout! 37 3-pts made from both sides

Good to see Steph Curry was able to recover from that nasty fall.

Statement game by James Harden. His shot selection was much better and he made the 3pters too

If the Rockets can shoot 17 3's every night maybe they would have a shot at making history but going back to the Bay they need to find another way to beat the Warriors. The crowd at Oracle Arena alone would make the task daunting

I see the Cavs completing the sweep tonight. That Game 3 loss was just too crushing a blow
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:23am On May 27, 2015
A40:

I see the Cavs completing the sweep tonight. That Game 3 loss was just too crushing a blow

Looks like it. The cavs are playing loose cuz they are up 3-0 and the hawks are second guessing their shots. Which is why scrub players on the cavs are looking like all stars angry Funny thing is how Lebron is feeling bold because there is no pressure tongue. Im rooting for the warriors next round - i dont want thomas and vallevadova getting a ring. dudes are already feeling too cocky
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 8:50am On May 27, 2015
Sometime you read some hate comment and you r like what kinda reasoning is this !
Full healthy atl hawks roster vs Full healthy Cavaliers roster,we know who's gonna win regardless forget pre-season records n all !
Never underestimate the heart of a champ

Cavs vs Gsw ! Honestly It would be tough cuz of dem splash brothers and the versatility of danny green BUT bron bron,he's an animal when it comes to finals

LeBron - "I can't guarantee the team a championship,but I'm very sure we would play our asses Off".
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:24pm On May 27, 2015
birdman:

Looks like it. The cavs are playing loose cuz they are up 3-0 and the hawks are second guessing their shots. Which is why scrub players on the cavs are looking like all stars angry Funny thing is how Lebron is feeling bold because there is no pressure tongue. Im rooting for the warriors next round - i dont want thomas and vallevadova getting a ring. dudes are already feeling too cocky
Whoaa! And there I was thinking you liked Lebron.

Anyway you have to wonder if the Cavs are so good or the Hawks are so bad. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Whatever happens if the Cavs keep getting solid contributions from guys like Smith, Thompson, Dellavedova and Mozgov they definitely have a chance

The Warriors would do well to finish off the Rockets tonight. The last thing they need is to drag this series longer than necessary and having to deal with a Cavs team riding high on confidence
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:29pm On May 27, 2015
A40:

Whoaa! And there I was thinking you liked Lebron.

Anyway you have to wonder if the Cavs are so good or the Hawks are so bad. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Whatever happens if the Cavs keep getting solid contributions from guys like Smith, Thompson, Dellavedova and Mozgov they definitely have a chance

The Warriors would do well to finish off the Rockets tonight. The last thing they need is to drag this series longer than necessary and having to deal with a Cavs team riding high on confidence

im a lebron fan, but i think the cavs have gotten to the top by luck of the draw. not taking anything away from lebron's performance but this is the most unconvincing ECF champion imo.

maybe if i observe my usual rituals the rockets win another and make it 3-2. I can dream smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2015
For the past two days I have been persecuted by the ridiculously insane anti spam bot, banning me from the sport section each time I attempt to comment on this thread..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:46am On May 28, 2015
Roland17:
For the past two days I have been persecuted by the ridiculously insane anti spam bot, banning me from the sport section each time I attempt to comment on this thread..

really? i thought this thread was low impact. certainly nothing in your other posts that even looks crazy (some were really thoughtful). hopefully you didnt inadvertently offend some mod
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:18am On May 28, 2015
birdman:

really? i thought this thread was low impact. certainly nothing in your other posts that even looks crazy (some were really thoughtful). hopefully you didnt inadvertently offend some mod
these mods are crazy lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:21am On May 28, 2015
who do you guys have for the championship? cant really say cavs or gsw, lebron is playing out of his mind and so is the splash brothers
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:07am On May 28, 2015
and so it ends. it was a good run. it was frustrating to see harden lay another egg though. Harden was spotted partying the nigth before game 3. Tongues are going to start wagging again. I tip my hat to Ariza, Brewer and J Smoove who gave 100% all game every game
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:09am On May 28, 2015
Donlittle:
who do you guys have for the championship? cant really say cavs or gsw, lebron is playing out of his mind and so is the splash brothers

Im thinking warriors. They have a ridiculously deep team, and lots of energy guys that can match up against vallevadova, thomas and the other scrubs. Kyrie wont be healthy enough so I dont see him doing much to slow Curry.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:32am On May 28, 2015
James Harden. 13 turnovers. Lolololololol that's a playoff record

The Rockets did start well but once the Warriors picked up on offense the Rockets couldn't cope. They really need to work on their defence if they want to contend for anything.
James Harden can't keep yoyo-ing from great to awful either needs to be a bit more consistent

Overall GSW were simply the better team, no shame in that

Steph Curry: 26pts 8rebs 6asts 5stls

If you are still asking why he's MVP then you need your head examined.

birdman:

Im thinking warriors. They have a ridiculously deep team, and lots of energy guys that can match up against vallevadova, thomas and the other scrubs. Kyrie wont be healthy enough so I dont see him doing much to slow Curry.
Kyrie can't stop a nosebleed. I suspect they would switch Lebron on Curry and try to see if his size would throw him off balance. Not sure that's going to work anyway

I'm leaning towards the Warriors but stranger things have happened
Re: The NBA Begins by jaybee3(m): 5:38am On May 28, 2015
You gotta respect lebron.... He is truly a great and should be considered among the greatest to have played the game
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:46am On May 28, 2015
I think the finals is going to be about who shoots more....free flow and not much defense.

If this happens, the Cavs might take it cos you need to shut down LeBron.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by JustKay3(m): 6:00am On May 28, 2015
Harden:From a hunne to zero real quick.From sublime to ridiculous.But then we all knew the series was over in game 3 but unfortunately Harden will be remembered for this river of poo in spite of his great season.

Cavs against Gsw is 40/60 series.Depending on what LeBron shows up, the pendulum swings more in warrior's favour.I so want LeBron to win it just so "he can't do it without superstar's" mantra can be trashed once and for all, but something tells me it's a tall order against a warrior team whose bench will whoop 60% of NBA teams.

Ps:And Steph shows up at the podium with his daughter again..lol.Slash your throat Skip.lol

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 7:56am On May 28, 2015
A40:
Kyrie can't stop a nosebleed. I suspect they would switch Lebron on Curry and try to see if his size would throw him off balance. Not sure that's going to work anyway

Better defensive players have squared up against him: The Brow, Allen most especially

It didn't slow him down from knocking a clutch three pointer in game 3 first round...
It didn't stop him in game 6 in the second round and certainly Lebron won't stop him

The best Cavs tactic is to slow his pace and try not to give him space for those jumpers. Let him work by attacking the paint or spread play to other players. Shumpert might be the best on him.

Ooh Mpa wants to see a game 7, to any of them really. These 2 players have been the most outstanding this post season and surely deserve the ring. Ooh Mpa will most likely go with the Dubs. 40 years is a long wait, mate
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:29am On May 28, 2015
GSW's first trip to the finals since 1975

4 wins to the title....i go with Warriors in 6 cool

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:18pm On May 28, 2015
OohMpa:

Better defensive players have squared up against him: The Brow, Allen most especially
It didn't slow him down from knocking a clutch three pointer in game 3 first round...
It didn't stop him in game 6 in the second round and certainly Lebron won't stop him
The best Cavs tactic is to slow his pace and try not to give him space for those jumpers. Let him work by attacking the paint or spread play to other players. Shumpert might be the best on him.
Ooh Mpa wants to see a game 7, to any of them really. These 2 players have been the most outstanding this post season and surely deserve the ring. Ooh Mpa will most likely go with the Dubs. 40 years is a long wait, mate
My point exactly. I don't think Lebron can actually guard Steph. Maybe a guy like Shumpert can but Steph's style is difficult to guard. He shoots the 3, you can't foul him cos he would kill you on the free throw line, he's quick and elusive

It all depends on how much help Lebron can get from guys like J.R, Kyrie and co.

Klay Thompson also had a concussion. He should be ready by June 4 anyway.

Lots of X-Factor guys as well like Barnes, Dellavedova, Draymond Green, Thompson, Mozgov and even Iguodala off the bench you have to wonder if he can slow down Lebron

Mynd44:
I think the finals is going to be about who shoots more....free flow and not much defense.

If this happens, the Cavs might take it cos you need to shut down LeBron.
I don't think they need to shut down Lebron. What they need to do is limit his efficiency. He usually gets his numbers but if he needs 6 TO's to get 9 assists and 27 shots to score 35pts then it plays into the Warriors hands
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:58am On May 29, 2015
Its been the most frustrating period of my membership on this forum, not because I have continuously been unjustly banned by some robotic system but the fact that we clearly have docile and irresponsible MODS managing this forum.

Severally over the past four days, I have attempted to communicate my problems with MODS on this section and the general forum section, I even have a post on that section in anticipation that someone would kindly explain this persecution or help with unbanning my handle yet no acknowledgement of my grievances worth more cogent explanations, it is very saddening.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:31am On May 29, 2015
Roland17:
Its been the most frustrating period of my membership on this forum, not because I have continuously been unjustly banned by some robotic system but the fact that we clearly have docile and irresponsible MODS managing this forum.

Severally over the past four days, I have attempted to communicate my problems with MODS on this section and the general forum section, I even have a post on that section in anticipation that someone would kindly explain this persecution or help with unbanning my handle yet no acknowledgement of my grievances worth more cogent explanations, it is very saddening.

na wa o. are you arguing on some forum somewhere or what? what you describe sounds personal, and that is scary to me at least
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:54am On May 29, 2015
Roland17:

Tag the MODS you wanna communicate with,that might draw their attention.

Good luck
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 29, 2015
cant believe curry is winning league mvp and might win finals mvp before cp3, cp3 hasnt even been to the conference finals, i think he needs to play in the east. cause he isnt coming to the finals next year in the west and i want him to win a ring so bad to cement his legacy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:09pm On May 30, 2015
Donlittle:
cant believe curry is winning league mvp and might win finals mvp before cp3, cp3 hasnt even been to the conference finals, i think he needs to play in the east. cause he isnt coming to the finals next year in the west and i want him to win a ring so bad to cement his legacy.

Seems the issue with my ban has been sorted, thanks to everyone in the house..

I am glad some else is understanding position on CP3 I stated this earlier and I think that is the only pragmatic choice and Chance a player with the talent of CP3 has to compete for a championship, next season is not would not guarantee him any favors from the west, western conference teams are not relaxing and the clippers don't possess the roaster to compete for the conference title.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:05pm On May 30, 2015
Where do you suggest he goes?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2015
A40:
Where do you suggest he goes?

Honestly no particular team comes to mind in the East...but if he were to stay in the western conference, the best team would definitely be the Rockets, ooo man, the Rockets can make do with a very dominant PG but we all know cap space and salaries would make that virtually impossible but if I was to suggest a team in the west it would be the Rockets.

but wait...how about the Pacers? they desperately need an experienced and dominant point guard..Paul George stays healthy, they keep Hibbert and West..then strengthen the bench with some sharp shooters..u can never tell.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:48pm On May 30, 2015
Roland17:

Honestly no particular team comes to mind in the East...but if he were to stay in the western conference, the best team would definitely be the Rockets, ooo man, the Rockets can make do with a very dominant PG but we all know cap space and salaries would make that virtually impossible but if I was to suggest a team in the west it would be the Rockets.

but wait...how about the Pacers? they desperately need an experienced and dominant point guard..Paul George stays healthy, they keep Hibbert and West..then strengthen the bench with some sharp shooters..u can never tell.

Heat won't be bad either

Bosh, Wade, Whiteside, CP3 with Dragic as 6th man or SF cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.