Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626857 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 4:54am On Jun 05, 2015
Big night for james: 44pts
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:56am On Jun 05, 2015
Would anyone be surprised if the Warriors sweep the Cavs?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:56am On Jun 05, 2015
If you ask me this Series is done. This was the game the Cavs had to win and had a legit shot of winning

Even with Kyrie healthy I don't see the Warriors not picking 3 out of the remaining 6 games bearing in mind they have homecourt

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:57am On Jun 05, 2015
[quote author=kliq post=34442049]Breathtaking

Game over...game 2 Sunday night

1-0 WARRIORS cool[/quote ] cool kyrie tho.... IT will be big loss for cavs if his injury is really bad embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:03am On Jun 05, 2015
The Internet is too FAST! Smh

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:06am On Jun 05, 2015
Once again questions about Lebrons Clutchness when it matters most.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:14am On Jun 05, 2015
[quote author=Mizzzbeee post=34442064][/quote]

Not sure about the extent of the injury...updates should come in on that.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:15am On Jun 05, 2015
A40:

So crazy grin damnnnn!
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:17am On Jun 05, 2015
Roland17:
Once again questions about Lebrons Clutchness when it matters most.
Lebron did little about controlling the team as he was more all about making his shots.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:17am On Jun 05, 2015
A40:
They can't chase us out of our thread jare.

Its the NBA Finals! Let's talk about the game we love

Make Lebron beat you: Sounds wacky but there is a method to the madness. You want Lebron taking 20, 25 shots or more. This not only shuts out other guys like Kyrie who can drop 50 on a night or J.R Smith who can make 6-8 3's but it also takes a toll on Lebron defensively. You can't completely shut down Lebron but as the best defence in the league you can make him inefficient and its smooth sailing from there

Bench guys: The Warriors have the best bench in the league. Gast to make it count

If all else fails just turn off the Air Conditioner lol

44 pts but he needed 38 shots to get it
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 5:19am On Jun 05, 2015
A40:
LeBron chocking grin dats wat happens when you make it a one man team... Always wanting to play the hero tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:36am On Jun 05, 2015
I told my coworkers, Iguodala is going to guard lebron, yeah he might get 40 points, but Iguodala is such a good defender. didnt even think lebron scored on him

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:47am On Jun 05, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
LeBron chocking grin dats wat happens when you make it a one man team... Always wanting to play the hero tongue
Lol make him play hero ball.

Lebron tried sha tbh. What puzzles me is his shot selection in the clutch. He tried to make a fall away jumper. Does he think he is Dirk Nowitzki?

@Donlittle
You can't completely shut down Lebron its a waste of time and energy. Just make sure if he's making 8 assists he is turning it 6 times. If he's scoring 35pts he's shooting 30 shots. Limit his efficiency. Finish
Re: The NBA Begins by Seamareggae(m): 6:16am On Jun 05, 2015
I think these Nba finals might break a record for the most foul during an offensive rebound...

That Thompson is just a beast going for offensive rebounds.... But too many isos from James might kill the team spirit... Nd Kyrie not being fit...

Well.. Since my team Lakers dey sleep for house.. I take Warriors to win it all...

I love the team spirit, there swag, nd the crowd...

O bobby... Na 400mb i take stream the game... Nigeria network thoo... Waiting for game 2 on Sunday...
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 6:23am On Jun 05, 2015
Lebron pulled a Harden

You keep the team going but that particular clutch time, you decide to miss the shot and then go 1/3 with 2 silly TOs angry

Curry had the backup, loved that crossover though
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:19am On Jun 05, 2015
A40:

Lol make him play hero ball.

Lebron tried sha tbh. What puzzles me is his shot selection in the clutch. He tried to make a fall away jumper. Does he think he is Dirk Nowitzki?

@Donlittle
You can't completely shut down Lebron its a waste of time and energy. Just make sure if he's making 8 assists he is turning it 6 times. If he's scoring 35pts he's shooting 30 shots. Limit his efficiency. Finish
Lets bring Bruce Bowen and then you can make that statement again
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 7:22am On Jun 05, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
We all know Lebron is good. We all know what he can do but that guy can not play like Kobe and try to get all the points. The teammates has to be involved in the game for him to function properly in the finals. That's what he had going in Miami
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 8:04am On Jun 05, 2015
Honestly we all knew warriors were gonna take game 1 (Home court adv) same way if it was at cavs but what I like about this cavs team is the way they come out to play after losing,they prolly wld look at their mistakes and work on it just like they did with the bulls.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:26am On Jun 05, 2015
Seamareggae:
I think these Nba finals might break a record for the most foul during an offensive rebound...

That Thompson is just a beast going for offensive rebounds.... But too many isos from James might kill the team spirit... Nd Kyrie not being fit...

Well.. Since my team Lakers dey sleep for house.. I take Warriors to win it all...

I love the team spirit, there swag, nd the crowd...

O bobby... Na 400mb i take stream the game... Nigeria network thoo... Waiting for game 2 on Sunday...

Super Sports showed the game live,SS9 and a couple of them.

#LakersNation
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:27am On Jun 05, 2015
Mynd44:

We all know Lebron is good. We all know what he can do but that guy can not play like Kobe and try to get all the points. The teammates has to be involved in the game for him to function properly in the finals. That's what he had going in Miami

That's the G.O.A.T cool

Kobe!
Re: The NBA Begins by Seamareggae(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2015
kliq:

Super Sports showed the game live,SS9 and a couple of them.

#LakersNation
No dstv here.... So using what i have... Thanks
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2015
Seamareggae:

No dstv here.... So using what i have... Thanks

Oh I see smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 10:15am On Jun 05, 2015
the warriors took d cavs best shot and are still standing. warriors in 6
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
Mynd44:
Lets bring Bruce Bowen and then you can make that statement again
Bruce Bowen cannot stop this present Lebron oo my gee
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
A40:

Bruce Bowen cannot stop this present Lebron oo my gee
That question is a matter of relativity. If Bruce Bowen can shut him up for 4 straight games, then he can be kept within 25 points by a good defensive play if they play good defence. I will have loved to see Lebron go toe to toe against a Rasherd wallace...

But seriously bro, LeBron needs to use his teammates more.
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2015
Roland17:
In the coming days this thread would most possibly be hijacked by strange handles owing to the NBA finals but before the temporal surge in comments, I would love to duly appreciate everyone who has consistently through intelligent arguments, previews and overall discussion kept this thread active.

In no particular order

A40, Kliq, Donlittle, Sircumalot, BIRDMAN BIRDMAN, Joephemzyz, Decale, Justkay3, Ewuro4, Bobbieydey, r231, Oohmpa, Myndd44.

Thanks buddy.

The morale is high, the adrenaline rush is uncontrollable... These teams are unexpected finals duo anyone could ever guessed but the most anticipated tournament in NBA history.

What a great season.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
Mynd44:

That question is a matter of relativity. If Bruce Bowen can shut him up for 4 straight games, then he can be kept within 25 points by a good defensive play if they play good defence. I will have loved to see Lebron go toe to toe against a Rasherd wallace...

But seriously bro, LeBron needs to use his teammates more.
He was like 22 or 23 then. Definitely not yet at his peak. Lebron scoring 44 pts doesn't necessarily mean the warriors played bad defense. He took 38 shots!
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
A40:

He was like 22 or 23 then. Definitely not yet at his peak. Lebron scoring 44 pts doesn't necessarily mean the warriors played bad defense. He took 38 shots!

Which is why I said it relative.

I don't even know who I want to win, I am just loving the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
A "One man team" ain't all bad Kobe proved that but Lebron has Irving for goodness sake.

The last time Lebron was in the Finals with the Cavs, the Spurs blew them out cos Lebron has still not understood that he cant do it alone. While at Miami, he had Bosh (as ridiculous as that sounds) and Wade. He should use his teammates.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 2:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
Mynd44:

A "One man team" ain't all bad Kobe proved that but Lebron has Irving for goodness sake.

The last time Lebron was in the Finals with the Cavs, the Spurs blew them out cos Lebron has still not understood that he cant do it alone. While at Miami, he had Bosh (as ridiculous as that sounds) and Wade. He should use his teammates.
yea he shud use his teammates the more.... The Guy is proud abeg always making taunts and faces after scoring points angry #THEKINGWILLBEDETHRONED cool

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
yea he shud use his teammates the more.... The Guy is proud abeg always making taunts and faces after scoring points angry #THEKINGWILLBEDETHRONED cool
I don't care if he is proud though. As long ad his pride taunts the opponents and does not cost the team games......he should keep it up
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
Mynd44:

What are you saying?

Kobe had Shaq in the three peat and Gasol in the last two. When Gasol left, he's either swept or never made playoffs.

NBA isn't a one man army

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.