Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,624 members, 7,865,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:20 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1663923 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by r231(m): 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2013
A-40:
Ron Artest 1 point, 2 assists and one rebound in 36 minutes!! Smh

we won tongue tongue

thats the koko and your mavs will be lucky to make play-off grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
r231:

we won tongue tongue

thats the koko and your mavs will be lucky to make play-off grin
Relax! I'm just highlighting why you guys are on the outside looking in. I have since given up on the Mavs making the playoffs plus I'm a Kobe fan so I'm not exactly sad the Lakers won
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
I feel so bad for Doug Collins and the sixers, they came off worse in that stupid trade for Bynum, all the players they received from the trade are not playing, while dala with the Nuggets, Vucevic with Orlando are both putting huge numbers for their new teams.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
Roland17: I feel so bad for Doug Collins and the sixers, they came off worse in that stupid trade for Bynum, all the players they received from the trade are not playing, while dala with the Nuggets, Vucevic with Orlando are both putting huge numbers for their new teams.
I on the other hand feel no empathy whatsoever.

How can anyone in their right mind trade for the loose canon I-play-only-when-I-feel-like and make stupid on & off the court decisions that hurt my team? Especially trading to make him your franchise player around which you'll build your team? ridiculous. The sixers took a chance (one chance I personally wouldn't) and at least they can cut their losses and move on after the season. Let me see the next sucker that'll roll the dice on Bynum and sign him to anything more than a 10-day contract.

I know 'big men' are in high demand around the leauge but gambling on these kinds of players is like throwing money down the toilet.

Does this look like a reliable person? cheesy lol

[img]http://siextramustard.files./2013/02/andrew-bynum-600.jpg?w=600&h=435[/img]
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
And the Knicks? grin grin grin

I was not fooled by their early plays and i am still insistent on their first round at best second round exit...

The Knicks are always an accident to occur
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
JeSoul: I on the other hand feel no empathy whatsoever.

How can anyone in their right mind trade for the loose canon I-play-only-when-I-feel-like and make stupid on & off the court decisions that hurt my team? Especially trading to make him your franchise player around which you'll build your team? ridiculous. The sixers took a chance (one chance I personally wouldn't) and at least they can cut their losses and move on after the season. Let me see the next sucker that'll roll the dice on Bynum and sign him to anything more than a 10-day contract.

I know 'big men' are in high demand around the leauge but gambling on these kinds of players is like throwing money down the toilet.

Does this look like a reliable person? cheesy lol

[img]http://siextramustard.files./2013/02/andrew-bynum-600.jpg?w=600&h=435[/img]

Geez. No he doesn't. I thought the Lakers made a mistake off loading this guy; not anymore. Though I say judge not a book by it's cover. He may come back strong next year cos I believe if he puts his mind to it he can be a great player
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ahahahahaha this guy is on blue magic! I'd keep Bynum tho but there's no way in hell they should pay him the max contract he is looking for! How can a sicknote like Bynum be holding out for a five year 100million dollar contract! Over 50 games this nigga has not played one and still wants top dollar? Kai imagine if one of us missed 50 days of work in a year! If my unborn child no take up sports walahi e go hear am!

@occam
A healthy Bynum is still one of the best centers in the league lol the keyword is healthy! With Jrue Holiday running the point they would make a good inside-outside combo. I think some performance incentive has to be agreed! I'm all for player financial security but some of these guys are just robbing teams blind
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:18am On Feb 28, 2013
Bynum was/is a nutcase....Love the guy though

Sad that he has Degenerative knees.

I always liked the guy, and his mind. A Real Cerebral Brotha, very opinionated, as well as unapologetic

What Up Big 40~ Long Time Brah.
cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:30am On Feb 28, 2013
My man Stephen Curry is going Crazy here at the Garden Tonight....49 points with 4 minutes left in the fourth

GawtDamn.....

#Warriors

#RemindsMeofReggie

#BestShooterInTheGame

#BoutToPlay2k....

#TheYay....

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 28, 2013
OMFG...Another 3.....11 threes....
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:36am On Feb 28, 2013
54......He's going for Kobe's MSG Record......

This Shitt is Cray....what a performance.

#TwitterIsExploding....

#NewYorkisLiveTonight....

#ImRoastingKnicksFans....

***Upd

..Knicks Sneak out with a win.....Jack started ball hoggin, stealin steph's shine and bricks 2 threes...smh@jealous niqqahs

Good Shitt Though Steph.

54 Points....

18-28~Fg
11-13~3pfg
7-7~Ft

...Cold Azzz Niqqah
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: Bynum was/is a nutcase....Love the guy though

Sad that he has Degenerative knees.

I always liked the guy, and his mind. A Real Cerebral Brotha, very opinionated, as well as unapologetic

What Up Big 40~ Long Time Brah.
cool
Aye yo what's happening with it ma nigga?? Where u been? Was waiting for you to come and explain Tom Brady's chokejob grin grin

I knew Bynum was a bit of a hothead but didn't know he had this eclectic side! Nigga was looking like Prince and Andre 3stacks at a point
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: 54......He's going for Kobe's MSG Record......

This Shitt is Cray....what a performance.

#TwitterIsExploding....

#NewYorkisLiveTonight....

#ImRoastingKnicksFans....

***Upd

..Knicks Sneak out with a win.....Jack started ball hoggin, stealin steph's shine and bricks 2 threes...smh@jealous niqqahs

Good Shitt Though Steph.

54 Points....

18-28~Fg
11-13~3pfg
7-7~Ft

...Cold Azzz Niqqah

Good genes! And what's worse I think he is an even better shooter than his dad Dell. The funny part is they all have the same release and jumper mechanics
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:13am On Mar 01, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsYNYdPbBoc

This was just epic! All this for an airball? The commentator's reaction grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 01, 2013
^Lmfao Yo i was dyin off First Take Today....

Did you see ma Niqqah Fifty Admit Floyd Was Duckin Manny...lol

Both them niqqahs snakes to the core..

Tom Brady....Ahhh Yea....Ray and The Crew got both our Boys This Year.
cool

Lmfao@ "Dagger!!"
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: ^Lmfao Yo i was dyin off First Take Today....

Did you see ma Niqqah Fifty Admit Floyd Was Duckin Manny...lol

Both them niqqahs snakes to the core..

Tom Brady....Ahhh Yea....Ray and The Crew got both our Boys This Year.
cool

Lmfao@ "Dagger!!"
Naah I missed that! Was Floyd really ducking Manny?? Those guys are just b!tch made! Imagine Ali ducking Frazier or Foreman, Foreman ducking Frazier,Liston ducking Ali? Duran ducking Sugar Ray! Chavez ducking De La Hoya. No wonder boxing is a joke these days

Still pissed off that the Ravens won! I hope that ignorant cornerback Rahim Moore gets cut!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 02, 2013
Floyd Mayweather is one of the Most OverRated Boxers of All Time.

Taking advantage of a Boxing Era in which all the Talented Physical Marvels of the Supremely Athletic Negro Race in America Have chosen to Play Football{NFL} and Basketball

Leaving Behind a Boxing Generation full of Slow Twitch, Slow Footed, Short Armed, No Foot Speed Having, Mexican and Latino Cab Drivers Masquerading as "Fighters" who on the wide ranging scale of Athleticism are Far Inferior to the "Black Negroid" Male

*****Disclaimer******

If anyone is Hispanic or Latino Reading these comments and you have gotten offended, I honestly don't give a fucckk

But if it makes you feel better, My Papa Is Puerto Rican. grin

Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
Yes, it's the stretch run with 6 weeks for the playoffs to start

The Lakers are slowly catching the Rockets for a playoff spot. IF they clinch 8th spot, meet the Spurs and IF Tony Parker remains injured they may just reach the 2nd round. And who knows somehow get to the West finals. And IF they win the West we may see a Heat vs. Lakers final. Yes, I know I'm getting ahead of myself and many IFs have to fall in to place for Lakers to even sniff the 2nd round

Meanwhile, the Heat have a stranglehold on the East and yesterday showed the world that nobody can touch them. BTW, where are the Celtics these days?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
I don't think the Lakers would catch the Rockets I do think they would make the playoffs though either at the expense of the Warriors or the Jazz. The Rockets have too much firepower on offense not to get those W's

The Heat where lucky yesterday IMO the Knicks outrebounded them and pounded them in the paint they just didn't make their size advantage count! They mean business tho but in a 7 game series I still think the Knicks and especially the Pacers stand a fighting chance
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
Dwight Howard 6 pts in 37 mins smh
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 5:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
A-40:
Dwight Howard 6 pts in 37 mins smh
Lol. Lef the guy now. Why strain your shoulder for a team that's going nowhere & you're going to leave in a few months? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Afam4eva(m): 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
Pls is there still any Nigerian player in the NBA? Few years ago i knew of Emeka Okafor, Ike Diogu etc.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 6:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls is there still any Nigerian player in the NBA? Few years ago i knew of Emeka Okafor, Ike Diogu etc.
Oh yeah. This guy (rookie) in particular is actually a relatively coveted commodity.

http://www.nba.us/playerfile/festus_ezeli/

2012-13 Statistics
PPG2.5 RPG3.70 APG0.3 EFF+ 5.02 Born: Oct 21, 1989
Height: 6-11 / 2.11
Weight: 255 lbs. / 115.7 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country:
Vanderbilt / Nigeria
Years Pro: R

Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 6:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
Then there's also Aminu who played for the Nigerian team at the Olympics but he was born in the US.
http://www.nba.us/playerfile/al-farouq_aminu/
Born: Sep 21, 1990
Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 215 lbs. / 97.5 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country:
Wake Forest / USA
Years Pro: 2

He is also notoriously famous for embarrasing us like this:

Nigerian Olympic Star: I've Never ACTUALLY Been to Nigeria! -- Al-Farouq Aminu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwC449Ni1M

Chai! dude why did you have to say that ehn? lol.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls is there still any Nigerian player in the NBA? Few years ago i knew of Emeka Okafor, Ike Diogu etc.
Many! Though they don't exactly flaunt their Nigerian-ness
Andre Iguodala (Nuggets)
Al Farouq Aminu (Hornets)

JeSoul: Lol. Lef the guy now. Why strain your shoulder for a team that's going nowhere & you're going to leave in a few months? cheesy
Lmaooo! He's been a big flop jor! He should drop that Superman tag from here on out! With his non free throw shooting a$$. He would probably go to the Rockets or sumn
Re: The NBA Begins by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
A-40:

Many! Though they don't exactly flaunt their Nigerian-ness
Andre Iguodala (Nuggets)
Al Farouq Aminu (Hornets)
Apart from Andre Iguodala who doesn't even identify as a Nigerian, others are not really prominent. I followed Emeka Okafors career from his days at Charlotte bobcats but his team never made it to the playoffs(i hope that's what it's called). Even now that he's in New orleans, i've not really seen his team.

What about Kelenna Azubuike? is he still there?
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
A-40:
Lmaooo! He's been a big flop jor! He should drop that Superman tag from here on out! With his non free throw shooting a$$. He would probably go to the Rockets or sumn
Superman - with a cunning brain cheesy. Seriously, we all know he doesn't have the killer/dominate every game instinct so why should he pretend otherwise? I don't think he has much to play for in LA so why bother exerting himself for little to no returns? who be mugu? cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
[b]Apart from Andre Iguodala who doesn't [/b]even identify as a Nigerian, others are not really prominent. I followed Emeka Okafors career from his days at Charlotte bobcats but his team never made it to the playoffs(i hope that's what it's called). Even now that he's in New orleans, i've not really seen his team.

You even have to go back to "The Dream" and after that no Nigerian players has been relevant. Olowakande was picked #1 in 1998 draft yet he was a flop. Guess basketball is not a Naija thing
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
JeSoul: Superman - with a cunning brain cheesy. Seriously, we all know he doesn't have the killer/dominate every game instinct so why should he pretend otherwise? I don't think he has much to play for in LA so why bother exerting himself for little to no returns? who be mugu? cheesy grin
He would make the most money in LA! No basketballer worth his salt would not want to play for the Lakers cos they are always in the mix or thereabout year in year out! He's a phony Superman if he's not up to the LA challenge

Afam4eva:
Apart from Andre Iguodala who doesn't even identify as a Nigerian, others are not really prominent. I followed Emeka Okafors career from his days at Charlotte bobcats but his team never made it to the playoffs(i hope that's what it's called). Even now that he's in New orleans, i've not really seen his team.

Well Olajuwon is the only prominent Nigerian that has been in the league more or less
Okafor was never really a star! Won a college championship but that's about it!
There are more Nigerians in the NFL
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:19am On Mar 07, 2013
If u think the Celtics don't stand a chance. think again!! What a coach Doc is!!!! that last minute play call by Doc was just Magical...
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2013
Roland17: If u think the Celtics don't stand a chance. think again!! What a coach Doc is!!!! that last minute play call by Doc was just Magical...
Lol. Very nice win by the C's. Doc actually gave credit to one of the assistant coaches for calling the play for Jeff Green. I was practically screaming at the tv during the play as Jeff fumbled the pass before finally laying it in with 0.5secs to go! phew! nice win. I miss these kinds of close competitive games.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
"Kobe don't pass the ball" "Kobe is a ball hog"

42-7-12 last night! This is his 17th year in the league! You guys should pay homage

Heat are coasting though! Maybe they need to slow down a bit before they burnout come playoff time

But really if I where Mitch Kupchak I woulda told Dwight to either commit before the trade deadline or have a jolly good w@nk on his way out of LA and tried to land Nicola Vucevic! That kid is a rebounding beast! And this is only his 2nd year

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (2260) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.