Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1644460 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
Roland17: The losing streak is 3, they look clueless without CP3....lol @ dudes who were counting on the Clippers, i said it before today, that i am not sold on the clippers neither do i believe in the Knick's but for the sake of argument i would keep quiet until the playoff's commences.

clips are just meant for regular season, nothing else. They aren't that magnificent to rule playoffs. teams like G.S Warriors would eject them early if they are a tad good. CP3 needs to get back, even Griffin. Bledsoe is good but not great. All star weekend will turn to child's play if these 2 don't come back after Rondo Acl pulled him out cry

I think you're getting it wrong about Knicks.They're strong and with Stoudemire and Felton back, coupled with melo and Chandler up front and Jr from bench,phew
Best test should be against Boston tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:58am On Feb 06, 2013
Ok Kobe that's one bad asssssss dunk on em bro hahaha
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2013
No Howard, no problem. Lakers have Earle Clarke. Earle who? He's a throw-in to the Dwight Howard trade and fast becoming the most valuable Laker. I love it when a no name player steps up when the coach calls his number.

Have the Lakers really turned the corner? Well the "fire D'Antoni" noise has subsided of late. That's a good thing. no more panic.

More importantly, will they make the playoffs and even get out of the West? They won in it all in 2002 after a very horrible start. Can history repeat itself? You never know, just never know. Its the NBA! where amazing happens.

All the doubters (yours truly included) may end up eating humble pie in June.
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
A-40:

Personally I think they should trade him! Bad back bad shoulder! He is never going to be as dominant as Shaq! Kobe isn't 23
Dwight just doesn't seem like someone built for the pressure of LA you can see it in his face

They should do no such thing. That will be a panic move. Right now, they won't get equal value for him. A successful playoff run may change his mind and encourage him to stay.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:52pm On Feb 06, 2013
Well as it stands Gasol also got injured last night tear of plantar fascia. So the Lakers more or less can't trade anyone anyway.
Damn this season is star-crossed for the Lakers

Cantankerous Kobe mocking Dwight again lol! "He's never had to play through injuries in his career" grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
KG joined the NBA at 18 out of high school, fast forward to this day and the commitment and energy he brings to the game every night is just unbelievable..

The Wizards continue mauling the Goliath s in the NBA this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
A-40:
Well as it stands Gasol also got injured last night tear of plantar fascia. So the Lakers more or less can't trade anyone anyway.
Damn this season is star-crossed for the Lakers

Cantankerous Kobe mocking Dwight again lol! "He's never had to play through injuries in his career" grin grin
You just gotta love Kobe lol. See his words:

"We don't have time for (Howard's shoulder) to heal,"

"He just wants people to like him. He doesn't want to let anyone down, and that gets him away from what he should be doing"

"(Howard) has never been in a position where someone is driving him as hard as I am, as hard as this organization is," Bryant told MacMullan. "It's win a championship or everything is a complete failure. That's just how (the Lakers) do it. And that's foreign to him."

Chei! see as Kobe just finished him. Lol. One has to wonder how much more Dwight can take before he explodes and makes his own comments in public...Lakers Soap Opera is pretty interesting this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
JeSoul: You just gotta love Kobe lol. See his words:

"We don't have time for (Howard's shoulder) to heal,"

"He just wants people to like him. He doesn't want to let anyone down, and that gets him away from what he should be doing"

"(Howard) has never been in a position where someone is driving him as hard as I am, as hard as this organization is," Bryant told MacMullan. "It's win a championship or everything is a complete failure. That's just how (the Lakers) do it. And that's foreign to him."

Chei! see as Kobe just finished him. Lol. One has to wonder how much more Dwight can take before he explodes and makes his own comments in public...Lakers Soap Opera is pretty interesting this year.
I don't know if Dwight didn't do his research on just how ornery Kobe could get! Kobe also plays with injuries so people tend to listen when he talks. On this issue he does have a point especially as Dwight has still not committed himself to the Lakers going forward so he has not endeared himself to the members of the team who probably see the possibility of him leaving in the off season anyway! However I do sympathize with Dwight in the sense that his shoulders are the most important part of his game. They do the most work and receive the most punishment from the opposition! Its easy to tell people to suck it up but not everyone has the same pain threshold

Lakers vs Celtics tonight
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
A-40:

I don't know if Dwight didn't do his research on just how ornery Kobe could get! Kobe also plays with injuries so people tend to listen when he talks. On this issue he does have a point especially as Dwight has still not committed himself to the Lakers going forward so he has not endeared himself to the members of the team who probably see the possibility of him leaving in the off season anyway! However I do sympathize with Dwight in the sense that his shoulders are the most important part of his game. They do the most work and receive the most punishment from the opposition! Its easy to tell people to suck it up but not everyone has the same pain threshold
Abi oh. Don't mind Kobe. Dwight should risk his long-term health for a long-shot at a title and reduce his off-season chances at a mega-sega contract? Kobe needs to be realistic jor.

Sweet! I just scored some tix too. First time I'll be seeing Kobe play live...and hopefully Howard plays too. And if my jazzman is on point Celtics will extend the streak to 6 and send the lakers to further oblivion cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
Feelings are meant to be hurt. No big deal. Kobe and Shaq loathed each other but played hard together to win. Howard should just shrug off Kobe's rant.

Staying with the Lakers is Howard's best choice of winning a ring. Plus, money wise only the lakers can offer him the max $111 million. Other teams can only give $80 million as per the CBA
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2013
Who can stop the Heat? They've been under the radar all season. just cruising. Last night's match vs. Houston confirmed they may be unbeatable.

In the East nobody can outlast them in 7 games. The Pacers? perhaps. In the West they own the Thunder and the Spurs are no threat. Grizs? Clippers? nah

Can The Lakers beat the Heat? Don't look like that now, but if they get to the playoffs, despite all the drama...hmnnnn
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
occam: Who can stop the Heat? They've been under the radar all season. just cruising. Last night's match vs. Houston confirmed they may be unbeatable.

In the East nobody can outlast them in 7 games. The Pacers? perhaps. In the West they own the Thunder and the Spurs are no threat. Grizs? Clippers? nah

Can The Lakers beat the Heat? Don't look like that now, but if they get to the playoffs, despite all the drama...hmnnnn
I don't think the Heat are unbeatable. They are the best in the East but they are not unbeatable. A healthy Knicks team would push the Heat all the way. Problem is they would potentially have to beat the Bulls or Celtics or both to get there.
The Pacers can to if they get Granger back and Roy Hibbert plays to the size of his contract!! In recent years I've not seen a player challenge LeBron like Paul George has this season on both ends of the floor!!
The Heat are still a horrible rebounding team and get pounded regularly by any team with a decent frontcourt

occam: Feelings are meant to be hurt. No big deal. Kobe and Shaq loathed each other but played hard together to win. Howard should just shrug off Kobe's rant.

Staying with the Lakers is Howard's best choice of winning a ring. Plus, money wise only the lakers can offer him the max $111 million. Other teams can only give $80 million as per the CBA
If Dwight was smart he would be patient. Unless he simply cannot handle pressure which is what I fear might be his problem. He has never had to deal with so many injuries in his career before and that bit of self doubt tends to creep in after such beating. The difference was deep down Kobe knew he needed Shaq and respected him! The mutual respect was there. I don't think he respects Dwight enough not that its a bad thing as he hasn't earned it quite yet. To be fair
Dwight's numbers have not been horrible 17pts and 11 rebounds per game. That's above average for any center not named Shaq in his prime. Plus Kobe has taken over two times more shots than he has (bearing in mind Kobe is yet to miss a game)
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
A-40:

Oh yes, the big one. The most exciting match up in basketball or even in all sports. Maybe Barcelona vs Real Madrid is more intriguing

Anyway, I say Celtics win because:
- KG is playing championship ball and nobody to challenge him with Howard & Gasol out. Dropped 27 on Raptors last night
- The Celtics back court of Lee & Bradley have steeped up with Rondo out. They've hardly missed Rondo

Ok need to get my court-side seat asap. In front of my TV of course grin
-
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2013
occam:

Oh yes, the big one. The most exciting match up in basketball or even in all sports. Maybe Barcelona vs Real Madrid is more intriguing

Anyway, I say Celtics win because:
- KG is playing championship ball and nobody to challenge him with Howard & Gasol out. Dropped 27 on Raptors last night
- The Celtics back court of Lee & Bradley have steeped up with Rondo out. They've hardly missed Rondo

Ok need to get my court-side seat asap. In front of my TV of course grin
-
No Rondo,No Gasol,No Howard that game has lost some edge for me
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:02am On Feb 08, 2013
I love Kobe and i am arguably one of his biggest fan but i think its time for Kobe to shut his mouth, he is killing this team with all the trash talking..

First it was Gasol, bashing Gasol and now its Howard, playing through pain varies and i know Howard is doing that right now, Kobe played for a championship with a broken finger, but that in no way compares to a very bad back and a sprained shoulder which Dwight currently suffers and do not foget he's playing for a new coach under a new system.

Ask your self this question, when Nash was out injured for weeks, why did Kobe not call Nash out, why was his own injury treated with kid gloves, why was he not ranting about Nash in the media, is it cos Nash was no threat to Hollywood.

I am beginning to believe Kobe's reasons to attack Howard has become more than just basketball, Kobe is not used to sharing the stage in LA with anyone and memories of Shaq's time in LA comes to mind, i am guessing he wants to force Howard out of LA with all these attacks, like it or hate it, Howard is a Superstar in the NBA, over rated or under rated that's up anyone to decide.

When the choice for a new coach came, Kobe preferred Mike D' Antoni and not Phil cos Phil would not tolerate his big ego, especially bashing his team mates in public..

So can Kobe please shut the heck, we know about the rings and all the fame but with his utterances and attacks its obvious he does not want Dwight in LA.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:42am On Feb 08, 2013
if Gasol doesn't play this game, Kobe seems likely to play a huge fraction of the minutes

I'm seeing a double digit assist night already

would love to see one dunk over KG grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:55am On Feb 08, 2013
You can't beat the spirit of the Celtics, its soooo Contagiuos..

@Jesoul, na u i dey see on TNT screaming? have fun grin grin grin ...

I LOVE MY TEAMMMMM

Congrats to Doc for his 400th win last night against the Raptors
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:44am On Feb 08, 2013
Ahh that beatdown was epic!! I think we are seeing a balanced team now with no one trying to do too much and that's how it should be! I did mention that in Rondo's absence some guys just have to step up and at the moment that seems to be the case. Over time we would see if Rondo's absence is a blessing in disguise

As for Kobe I just think he doesn't respect Dwight! When asked about his tandem with Dwight compared with Shaq his response said it all. I think Kobe needs to remember it took them 3 seasons to finally win a title. With Nash its different because that one show am pepper for Suns.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:18am On Feb 09, 2013
Roland17: The losing streak is 3, they look clueless without CP3....lol @ dudes who were counting on the Clippers, i said it before today, that i am not sold on the clippers neither do i believe in the Knick's but for the sake of argument i would keep quiet until the playoff's commences.

Ol boy calm down nau! Their best player has missed 12 of the last 14 that's like OKC missing Durant,Heat missing Lebron,Spurs without Parker

Billups is back anyway
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:43am On Feb 09, 2013
A-40:

Ol boy calm down nau! Their best player has missed 12 of the last 14 that's like OKC missing Durant,Heat missing Lebron,Spurs without Parker

Billups is back anyway

Billups and CP3 are back yet they were sodomized by the Heat...

Can OKC go on winning streak without KD? i would say maybe, better than the Clippers would

Can the Heats go on a winning streak without LBJ? i would say yes

Can the Spurs go on a winning streak without Duncan or Parker? yes of course, infact they do it often..

Can the Celtics go on a winning streak without Rondo? we are already seeing that.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:01am On Feb 09, 2013
Roland17:

Billups and CP3 are back yet they were sodomized by the Heat...
Yes first game in how many and you expect them to be back to top form!
Incase you forgot the Heat are the defending champs with Lebron playing outta his mind

Roland17:
Can OKC go on winning streak without KD? i would say maybe, better than the Clippers would
Can the Heats go on a winning streak without LBJ? i would say yes
Can the Spurs go on a winning streak without Duncan or Parker? yes of course, infact they do it often..
I would like to see OKC,Heat and San Antone going on winning streaks without Durant,Lebron,Parker and Duncan for 12 games bearing in mind at least 7 have been on the road (in a row)

Roland17:
Can the Celtics go on a winning streak without Rondo? we are already seeing that.
The only good team you beat in that stretch are the Heat the Lakers don't count grin grin the other teams you beat have a combined record of 48-100
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2013
Nice servings of nba games today...Clippers vs NY should be fun. That hot mess the clippers put up in Miami was just ....and Miami should put another nail in the lakers coffin smiley.

Roland17: You can't beat the spirit of the Celtics, its soooo Contagiuos..

@Jesoul, na u i dey see on TNT screaming? have fun grin grin grin .. .

I LOVE MY TEAMMMMM

Congrats to Doc for his 400th win last night against the Raptors
hehe...it was probably me cheesy. It was a beautiful thang...Boston spanking LA like that, gosh I enjoyed every second lol. Kobe is even more impressive live, chei! The shots he hit, now I understand even better, the guy is simply unstoppable. And there were so many LA fans in the house....geez, who sold tickets to them? Lol. Speaks to how intense the Boston-LA rivalry is. Got some nice pix...hope to share with you guys.

Now let's extend that streak to 7...Denver is going to be a tough challenge.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
Heat vs Lakers tonight

Clippers laid the smackdown on the Knicks
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
A-40:

The only good team you beat in that stretch are the Heat the Lakers don't count grin grin the other teams you beat have a combined record of 48-100

We added the scary Denver Nuggets last night... that was some game, triple overtime shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
Roland17:

We added the scary Denver Nuggets last night... that was some game, triple overtime shocked shocked
Lololol you do realize you where at home right??

Superb game from Pierce (na who una wan trade be that?) And KG who has since joined the 25k club! I did expect certain ninjas to step up. Bradley,Lee,JET,Green with Rondo out they have no hiding place and the reaction has been just what the Dr ordered
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
Lol @ Dwight!! Did not want to play till Kobe pushed his a$$ now he is crying to play in the All-Star Game

The Spurs beat the Bulls without Duncan,Parker,Ginobili. How is it that these Spurs can't get into the NBA Finals?

Barbosa tears his ACL!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
This season is a night mare, first we loose Rondo, Sulinger follows and now Barbosa, abeg which kain winch dey follow us this season? since when did we become Portland Trailblazers?
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
^for reals... Celtics are cursed this season. I feel particularly bad for Barbosa...this was his chance to get some good playing time and ink a nice deal. To come back from ACL and back to a tough market, tough tough luck.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Roland17: This season is a night mare, first we loose Rondo, Sulinger follows and now Barbosa, abeg which kain winch dey follow us this season? since when did we become Portland Trailblazers?

JeSoul: ^for reals... Celtics are cursed this season. I feel particularly bad for Barbosa...this was his chance to get some good playing time and ink a nice deal. To come back from ACL and back to a tough market, tough tough luck.
Lot of options dey! Mike Bibby,Delonte West,Gilbert Arenas grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 8:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
A-40:

Chei! you are evil lol grin why not add Allen Iverson to that mix too grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
A-40:

The same bibby that was walked out by cops from his sons game for arguing with the ref over a mere call!!! i know say u hate us, but small small na..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
Roland17:

The same bibby that was walked out by cops from his sons game for arguing with the ref over a mere call!!! i know say u hate us, but small small na..

Lool that doesn't mean he can't be productive off the bench! You could throw in Kenyon Martin as well

JeSoul: Chei! you are evil lol grin why not add Allen Iverson to that mix too grin
Why not? Is he older than Grant Hill grin The ninjas I mentioned are still relatively young (Arenas,West) you guys just need to hire a clinical psychologist to work with them grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Skrrrrrrr and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.