Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632291 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:25am On May 27, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Mood.. All we need is the same Attitude. And Being Careful.. We can do it.. cheesy
MORE ENERGY!! Haven't seen steph mode for while now!!What we witnessed is steph from Earth... His alter ego Steph from Mars hasn't been around since the 17points OT Vs blazers embarassed. I hope he shows up! @lolawilliams your joke of the century is gradually turning into a "reality" rite tongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 9:10am On May 27, 2016
If Warriors win this series, the thunder will be mocked for a long time.I don't care who wins in the west though, as long as they can keep kicking Lebron off.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:56am On May 27, 2016
GSW vs CAVS for finals that's all I want. I know Cavs want the same too.. smiley

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 10:41am On May 27, 2016
what's the game stats for CAVS and RAPTORS please
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:14am On May 27, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
MORE ENERGY!! Haven't seen steph mode for while now!!What we witnessed is steph from Earth... His alter ego Steph from Mars hasn't been around since the 17points OT Vs blazers embarassed. I hope he shows up! @lolawilliams your joke of the century is gradually turning into a "reality" rite tongue
well i wont lie, Straight out, gsw played great, KD carried the whole team. westbrook helped. But Durant made some mistakes during the final 2 mins too. But then again, it was expected that GSW would win this
game, but OKC made them earn it and there were some silly calls by the refs. They won't win at OKC's turf tbh. i'll still take it as a joke of the century.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:14am On May 27, 2016
Derrickfresh:
what's the game stats for CAVS and RAPTORS please
cavs leading the series 3_2
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:20am On May 27, 2016
SmooshCHN:
GSW vs CAVS for finals that's all I want. I know Cavs want the same too.. smiley
only cavs that like to lose,
most of them they pray for OKC.

I need a favor about that tencent video app can I change it to English?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:40am On May 27, 2016
SIRcumalot:

only cavs that like to lose,
most of them they pray for OKC.

I need a favor about that tencent video app can I change it to English?
No.. And there's no English version. Commentary is also in Chinese..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:51am On May 27, 2016
Where is that ninja that said Curry cannot guard Westbrook

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:55pm On May 27, 2016
Mizzzbeee:

I totally agree and even Skip Bayless said same. There was a patch in Game 2, 3Q where he cooked and looked otherworldly, save that, he has pretty much looked like 2013 Curry.

The only difference yesterday was that he played with more attitude. It was refreshing to see him beat the big man and go for the lay-up during Isolation plays, instead of looking for a stupid pass like he did in games 1, 3 and 4.

I am looking for the 12-3pts-in-one-game Curry. Cross-over-step-back- hit-a-swoosh-shot Curry. cry

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:01pm On May 27, 2016
A40:
That Bini boy has been powerless to stop Durant so far.

OKC didn't play their best yet they could have stolen this game. That missed 3 by Durant late and two key defensive plays by Curry.

If the Warriors want to steal Game 6. Chef and Klay need to cook early. Chasing an elimination game early on the road is a recipe for blowouts

The game was close because OKC outshot GSW at the 3-line.

As for Iggy, when refs have been calling stupid fouls since game 3, I am sure Kerr told him to just free KD.

KD is too great a player to be getting the easy fouls he gets.

Your last paragraph has been the difference in the game. They can't rely on the OKC of the regular season that couldn't close games. So GSW should aim for the lead from the 1st sec and play that way till the end.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:07pm On May 27, 2016
A40:
Where is that ninja that said Curry cannot guard Westbrook

Personally, I think Kyrie is a better 1 on 1 player than Westbrook. It is harder for Westbrook to beat Curry with skill or trickery because that is not his forté. West will rather blow past you and fly in the air. He is more comfortable when taller players mark him because that's when his skill works best.

Klay could barely mark him yesterday.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 1:59pm On May 27, 2016
Eruditor:

I totally agree and even Skip Bayless said same. There was a patch in Game 2, 3Q where he cooked and looked otherworldly, save that, he has pretty much looked like 2013 Curry.

The only difference yesterday was that he played with more attitude. It was refreshing to see him beat the big man and go for the lay-up during Isolation plays, instead of looking for a stupid pass like he did in games 1, 3 and 4.

I am looking for the 12-3pts-in-one-game Curry. Cross-over-step-back- hit-a-swoosh-shot Curry. cry
Yes this is what i am talking about.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:21pm On May 27, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Yes this is what i am talking about.
Game 4 and 5 2015 NBA Finals GSW VS CAVS.. Both 4th quarters finished me. embarassed embarassed embarassed Dellavedova did his best but the step backs were too much to handle.. You should watch that game again. wink

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 27, 2016
westbrook is a savage during the postgame interview. Lets see what curry does tomorrow night.

If lebron does not close this game out tonight, then game 7 would be tough regardless if its at cleveland. I think cleveland would win though, probably run that pick and roll with lebron, dellavadova, and frye that Raptors has no answer for.

Anyways, yesterday game was a game for the ages.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:59pm On May 27, 2016
Donlittle:
westbrook is a savage during the postgame interview. Lets see what curry does tomorrow night.

If lebron does not close this game out tonight, then game 7 would be tough regardless if its at cleveland. I think cleveland would win though, probably run that pick and roll with lebron, dellavadova, and frye that Raptors has no answer for.

Anyways, yesterday game was a game for the ages.
pls link to that interview
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:37pm On May 27, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:42pm On May 27, 2016
3 of 9 from the field and 7 turnovers when Curry was guarding you, Russ. I'd be laughing it off, too lol

grin grin grin

I have said it for the bulk of the WCFs the refs have given useless fouls and each time lopsided to favor the home team. All the 30+ and 40 points KD and Russell have been getting always constitute of 10-17 FTs per game. It is ridiculous.

I implore Curry and Klay to keep driving to the paint early in the game to get KD and Adams into foul trouble. After that, the game is done.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 27, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 27, 2016
Eruditor:
3 of 9 from the field and 7 turnovers when Curry was guarding you, Russ. I'd be laughing it off, too lol

grin grin grin

I have said it for the bulk of the WCFs the refs have given useless fouls and each time lopsided to favor the home team. All the 30+ and 40 points KD and Russell have been getting always constitute of 10-17 FTs per game. It is ridiculous.

I implore Curry and Klay to keep driving to the paint early in the game to get KD and Adams into foul trouble. After that, the game is done.
They are some cocky kids, those boys from chesapeake bay but i am telling you i love it. This is what we wanted from the ECF all along. The west do not bow to anyone, and it makes the game fun. Although, These kids from OKC makes me want to break my TV when they start their antics grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:05pm On May 27, 2016
Donlittle:
@Mizzzbeee
I hope Curry wipes that smirk off his face come Sunday angry
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:18pm On May 27, 2016
Let's end this today Cavs.. #Cavsnation #CavsPolitikin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:46pm On May 27, 2016
Donlittle:
They are some cocky kids, those boys from chesapeake bay but i am telling you i love it. This is what we wanted from the ECF all along. The west do not bow to anyone, and it makes the game fun. Although, These kids from OKC makes me want to break my TV when they start their antics grin grin

Don't mind them. Why don't they put KD and Westbrook on Curry as well? That's what they should answer.

The fact of the matter is, Curry is underestimated defensively and we have let pseudo-analysts run along with such travesty for a while.

Curry still ends up marking the best players because they always screen the player marking the so-called top PGs which means Curry has to switch to face the PG.

I don't know what they expect him at 6'3 to do. He is 3 inches shorter than the NBA average of players height. He will not be able to block many players. But what he is expected to do, he does it well. He steals the ball alot and garnered the best steal average in the regular season. Just this last game he stole the ball 5 times and 2 were very very important.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 9:38pm On May 27, 2016
SmooshCHN:
The interview https://www.instagram.com/p/BF6g_k8jBtG/

And Currys response.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF5trQ6IC3G/

KD,haba.and I thought u were quiet.you fall my hand.I love Curry''s response.so humble.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:41pm On May 27, 2016
That picture above tho cheesy looks like Queen Jamiu flopping grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:14pm On May 27, 2016
Eruditor:

grin grin grin

It shows that Russ relies more on his athleticism than his brains. That he was completely oblivious of the fact that he was shooting at 32% while being guarded by Steph Curry so far this series is exactly why I don't want Westbrick to face the Cavs because their probability of losing is higher than Golden State's.

I am quite confused as to why Steph is not finishing better at the rim

Skywalker5:

KD,haba.and I thought u were quiet.you fall my hand.I love Curry''s response.so humble.

Quiet ke. Baba no quiet again ooh. You didn't see the Mavs series
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:31pm On May 27, 2016
Eruditor:

Personally, I think Kyrie is a better 1 on 1 player than Westbrook. It is harder for Westbrook to beat Curry with skill or trickery because that is not his forté. West will rather blow past you and fly in the air. He is more comfortable when taller players mark him because that's when his skill works best.

Klay could barely mark him yesterday.
Kyrie has much better handles. You have to admire Westbrook's explosion and sheer force. His problem is inefficiency and a playing style that quite frankly I don't see ageing well

A guy like Livingston should be doing much better defending of Westbrook tbh whenever he is slotted into the lineup, The Warriors need to put their best players off KD and Westbrook to avoid foul trouble
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:48am On May 28, 2016
I used to respect Durant a lot but of late he's been very Cocky. I guess he's been trying to assume the leadership position in his team hence the constant trash talk. In game 3, I remembered watching him say "Bleep you man, Bleep you, pass me the fucking ball to Dion Waiters, when the guy didn't pass early, the Mark Cuban reply which to me was extreme and this yesterday's action from he and Westbrook.. They should just be ashamed of themselves.. He had better win game 6 cos they'll probably be guarding each other when KD leaves OKC. Now I respect his jump shots than I do him.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:20am On May 28, 2016
The Raptors are fighting hard but e just be like say this one pass their power
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:21am On May 28, 2016
A40:

Kyrie has much better handles. You have to admire Westbrook's explosion and sheer force. His problem is inefficiency and a playing style that quite frankly I don't see ageing well

A guy like Livingston should be doing much better defending of Westbrook tbh whenever he is slotted into the lineup, The Warriors need to put their best players off KD and Westbrook to avoid foul trouble
who do you think as been the best player in this warriors-OKC series so far?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:23am On May 28, 2016
lowry finds it so hard to distribute the ball. its disgusting
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 3:28am On May 28, 2016
A40:

Quiet ke. Baba no quiet again ooh. You didn't see the Mavs series

Yea but Cuban deserved that one

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.