Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,022 members, 7,821,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633482 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:31pm On May 26, 2016
Can we not bring Jordan's name up? No player in this era is worth mentioning his name along wit.
Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 10:06pm On May 26, 2016
wow... am so happy to find a thread like this here....can't explain how boring it is just to be seeing those soccer threads.... @OKCvs@RAPTORS final.......is there a WhatsApp group for this thread?? if so please add me
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:27pm On May 26, 2016
Derrickfresh:
wow... am so happy to find a thread like this here....can't explain how boring it is just to be seeing those soccer threads.... @OKCvs@RAPTORS final.......is there a WhatsApp group for this thread?? if so please add me
lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 10:34pm On May 26, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
lol
why u laughing at me Na??
Re: The NBA Begins by drinkmorewater: 11:21pm On May 26, 2016
Pre Game Forecast;

Curry to have at least 28p from at least 4 3pointers, at least 2 3pointers in 1st Q

Durant to have at least 25p with at least 7 rebs

Ibaka with less than 14p

Keep in mind the foul situation can greatly tip the scales

If OKC gets caught too many times being over aggressive on the pick and roll defenses, things can change, I'd look for them to stay aggressive on the interior screening but be careful on the perimeter until they can gauge how the ref will call the game. Regardless, OKC has proven that if they can wear down Curry's legs early on with aggressive defense, his shot can falter late, the key is his legs, no legs no shots!

I also would look for ibaka to have a lot of scoring opportunities in the 1st half. The Ibaka_Roberson inversion tactic worked brilliantly in game 4, and GSW can't afford to give Robes so many shots at the rim, plays involving Ibaka in the corner will/ should be frequent early on

Prediction: GSW win

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:21am On May 27, 2016
lolawilliams:
Deandre over KD!!!! Nba is bleeped up. Meanwhile congrats to king james on his 10th nba all first team, im not even biased here and haters are always going to hate. Think about it, this is being named one of the 5 best players in your sport for at
least the 10th time... and he's not even done. If Curry's threes aren't falling, can he play every position, rebound, and pass better than any point guard? The guy isn't Michael jordan or Magic Johnson, he's a freak mix of both
You really have to stop mentioning Curry when giving props to James, like stop comparing everytime. Give yourself a break. No one even argues who's the better player among them. First and foremost They play different positions, different body builds, different Heights. No one is going to remember James Shooting 3s and Curry power driving to the Basket. They rule every current player in their respective positions today. So Just enjoy the greatness from both players. the only problem is today they are sharing the spotlight and you can't change that. Your constant comparison won't change that either. Cos in the next 20yrs everyone would be talking about KD, Westbrook, James, Curry, CP3 and the likes.
2 Guards, 2 forwards (Small Forward, Power Forward) and 1 Center. That's how an nba game is played. Either LeBron or Kawhi comes off for KD.. I think the later two were picked cos they play 2 way basketball well.. I'd pick Cousins over Andre Jordan though.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:40am On May 27, 2016
lolawilliams:

Shaq oneal flopped twice vs howard and dirk.. No one cares about extensive flopping. Flopping is flopping
Shaq is bigger than lebron

https://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=NG&hl=en-GB&v=hb0a8moqWYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb0a8moqWYs&gl=NG&hl=en-GB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZpGKC62qvs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fSlLdXNzPw

Your boi The King of Flop. LeFlop Floppybird. The legendary travelling is a topic for another day

http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-15-biggest-floppers-in-nba-history/?view=all

http://www.therichest.com/sports/basketball-sports/the-10-most-valuable-floppers-in-the-nba-today/?view=all

http://www.prosportstop10.com/top-10-floppers-nba-2014/

A well known flopper with articles and youtube clips to back it up.

Show any article or conversation where Shaq has been renowned for flopping. Your clip was 4 seconds yo grin grin grin

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:17am On May 27, 2016
lolawilliams:
Deandre over KD!!!! Nba is bleeped up. Meanwhile congrats to king james on his 10th nba all first team, im not even biased here and haters are always going to hate. Think about it, this is being named one of the 5 best players in your sport for at
least the 10th time... and he's not even done. If Curry's threes aren't falling, can he play every position, rebound, and pass better than any point guard? The guy isn't Michael jordan or Magic Johnson, he's a freak mix of both
Loool at DeAndre making All NBA First Team. Based on what criteria? Its quite a bad joke

Stop this LeBron can play every position myth and urban legend

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:46am On May 27, 2016
A40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZpGKC62qvs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fSlLdXNzPw

Your boi The King of Flop. LeFlop Floppybird. The legendary travelling is a topic for another day

http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-15-biggest-floppers-in-nba-history/?view=all

http://www.therichest.com/sports/basketball-sports/the-10-most-valuable-floppers-in-the-nba-today/?view=all

http://www.prosportstop10.com/top-10-floppers-nba-2014/

A well known flopper with articles and youtube clips to back it up.

Show any article or conversation where Shaq has been renowned for flopping. Your clip was 4 seconds yo grin grin grin
He did it in a game vs raptors. Evn the media has forgotten about it. Dunno why youre still all over it. shaq has done it bfore, no one cares about flopping.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:47am On May 27, 2016
Oracle is WILDDDDDDDDD! cheesy cheesy I've not seen Warriors this way in a long long time.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 2:51am On May 27, 2016
SmooshCHN:
You really have to stop mentioning Curry when giving props to James, like stop comparing everytime. Give yourself a break. No one even argues who's the better player among them. First and foremost They play different positions, different body builds, different Heights. No one is going to remember James Shooting 3s and Curry power driving to the Basket. They rule every current player in their respective positions today. So Just enjoy the greatness from both players. the only problem is today they are sharing the spotlight and you can't change that. Your constant comparison won't change that either. Cos in the next 20yrs everyone would be talking about KD, Westbrook, James, Curry, CP3 and the likes.
2 Guards, 2 forwards (Small Forward, Power Forward) and 1 Center. That's how an nba game is played. Either LeBron or Kawhi comes off for KD.. I think the later two were picked cos they play 2 way basketball well.. I'd pick Cousins over Andre Jordan though.
Read it well. I try to compare curry to other point guards like westbrook, lillard Nd not lebron.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:55am On May 27, 2016
lolawilliams:

Read it well. I try to compare curry to other point guards like westbrook, lillard Nd not lebron.
But you still have to compare him to James at the end of the day. Don't bother. Let's forget.. I like James consistency BTW..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:57am On May 27, 2016
Come!!! Anyone notice this boy Tristan Thompson. He played his 320 consecutive match.. His last missed game was in 2012. I wish all nba players could be that healthy. How would the league be without Injuries? That's just something else.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:03am On May 27, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Come!!! Anyone notice this boy Tristan Thompson. He played his 320 consecutive match.. His last missed game was in 2012. I wish all nba players could be that healthy. How would the league be without Injuries? That's just something else.
Wow! draymond green also is very healthy. P.s Warriors are playing OK.. Well better than last two games smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:03am On May 27, 2016
Green still has a lot of defense to play and Bogut need to be present on every offensive rebound..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:03am On May 27, 2016
OKC 50-GSW 58 2nd quarter
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:07am On May 27, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Wow! draymond green also is very healthy. P.s Warriors are playing OK.. Well better than last two games smiley
Yes.. I know. I think the body build has a lot to do with that and a bit of luck.. I'm saying If injuries would just go away that'll be nice smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:17am On May 27, 2016
I kinda miss David Lee cry He would have been a solid factor! Who is Draymond's replacement? Barnes must be booted out after this season angry
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:21am On May 27, 2016
These silly refs have started with the horrible calls.. Durant here flopping too undecided and not calling fouls
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:35am On May 27, 2016
Bogut and Thompson really holding it down for the Warriors
OKC hanging in there. They want to close this tonight boy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:38am On May 27, 2016
You have 4-2 advantage on fastbrake and still go back for a 3 undecided If not for Green.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:46am On May 27, 2016
OKC out here flopping big time.. And these silly refs won't hesitate to give the whistle away
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:49am On May 27, 2016
SmooshCHN:
You have 4-2 advantage on fastbrake and still go back for a 3 undecided If not for Green.
it was Green that passed for the 3 before he rebounded and got the bucket
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:01am On May 27, 2016
That bucket by Iggy very timely. Plenty time left
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:19am On May 27, 2016
That Curry block on Durant braaaah
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:36am On May 27, 2016
A40:
That Curry block on Durant braaaah
strange things dey happen for this game o.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:41am On May 27, 2016
Curry blocked durant. Lovely. I just want a game seven and i do not care who wins in the game seven
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:42am On May 27, 2016
120-111

What a game.

We want Game 7 bitte. Even if you hate the Warriors you gotta admit this is a sweet series. Even the blowouts were interesting

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:43am On May 27, 2016
Credit "Black Mamba" Kobe for texting Draymond and talking to him. Wires where in the right areas in his head this game. Careless 3Q by MVP Curry almost let it slip with some carless Turnovers but stability was re-established.

This is an argument again for who wanted it more. The only difference between this game and the blow out losses was attitude.

The playoffs is truly about adjustments and strategy. I am convinced that if KD can get into foul trouble early on in game 6 GSW can steal a win. To beat OKC one just has to make sure the 2 superstars don't play well.

The bench did the job for GSW today. I could have taken a half-point win. Just like Curry said, GSW have to go to Chesapeake and play the game of their lives. It will really be difficult but not impossible.

I still believe.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:14am On May 27, 2016
That Bini boy has been powerless to stop Durant so far.

OKC didn't play their best yet they could have stolen this game. That missed 3 by Durant late and two key defensive plays by Curry.

If the Warriors want to steal Game 6. Chef and Klay need to cook early. Chasing an elimination game early on the road is a recipe for blowouts
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:15am On May 27, 2016
Mood.. All we need is the same Attitude. And Being Careful.. We can do it.. cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by drinkmorewater: 7:20am On May 27, 2016
It was a good game, for the neutrals, but really OKC should've somewhat closed this game 5, they just couldn't buy a bucket in the first Q and then screwed up by allowing that 8-0 in the beginning of the fourth

Also GSW need to clean up on their dumb mistakes and give Bogut the ball more in the post for crying out loud!

The refreeing though... Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (2217) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.