Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1718859 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:35am On May 28, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
as I said what antics? Beating his chest has nothing to do with anyone and him showing emotions comes with the game angry tell me what he does that no one or team does AM WAITING MAN!!! U JUST WITCH HUNTING angry angry especially calling Westbrook humble just proves u r witch hunting angry
but Westbrook as always been like this,
Kobe picked Westbrook as his successor for a reason.
Curry as earned the right to be cocky,a lot of people expect him to stay the same but he didn't and that is all right.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:32am On May 28, 2016
SIRcumalot:

who do you think as been the best player in this warriors-OKC series so far?
Kevin Durant
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:40am On May 28, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Curry as earned the right to be cocky,a lot of people expect him to stay the same but he didn't and that is all right.
so what is now the problem I don't get undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:41am On May 28, 2016
birdman:
okc deserves to go ahead and they are a better matchup. this cavs team will maul the warriors. okc has a backcourt that cannot only score, but can get physical. plus durant and westbrook are due one ring i think. did i mention they (westbrook and durant) are also humble, not dancing and beating their chest after every play. or chewing their mouth guard like its gum angry
Lmaooo just wait till Westbrick shows up. Better matchup my a$$

This Cavs team cannot beat Golden State.

It is in the best interest of we LeBron haters for Golden State to keep the whole thing bouncing

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:47am On May 28, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
so okc has been gracious and humble?? undecided Westbrook is one corky fellow... Ever watched any of his interviews? Curry beating his chest has a meaning angry he has been doing that since college so what is your problem angry Westbrook shows nasty emotions and taunts on the court, LBJ does that too... CURRY shouting Am back is hell necessary... Birdman You done fall my hand with this your talk angry can you point to one thing the warriors do, that no other player or team does undecided WESTBROOK HUMBLE MY ASS MTCHEWW angry angry
That I'm back rant people don't even know the origin. There were Blazers fans that made a shirt with Curry's fall and subsequent injury in the Rockets game who were seated in the stands
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:50am On May 28, 2016
A40:

It is in the best interest of we LeBron haters for Golden State to keep the whole thing bouncing
OKC sef no go easy.
they have gone up one level in This playoff.
Westbrook won't shoot jumpers if na kyrie dey guard am he could just blow by him for easy layups.

I didn't watch game 5,but Westbrook as been the best so far though Durant two way game in this series make brain.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:51am On May 28, 2016
SIRcumalot:

they will remember the final records and not the final conferences sometimes I wonder myself how strong was the east in Jordan's time? as it always been this weak ?
from what I know a Celtics and Detroit became too old the Riley's Knicks for awhile shaq and Penny in Orlando and Miller's pacer. none of them lasted very long,maybe the west as always been this crazy.
I think one thing to consider when it comes to LeBron his he has gone into this finals as the underdog three times out of six.

It produced two Championship teams. What is pertinent to note is M.J was 6-0 so nothing to compare really

Nope he only went in as the underdog twice in 07 and last year
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:55am On May 28, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
so what is now the problem I don't get undecided
curry seemed to be humble before,now,
not so much,though I am fine with it,winning 73 and a ship will do that to anyone. undecided

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:59am On May 28, 2016
A40:

It produced two Championship teams. What is pertinent to note is M.J was 6-0 so nothing to compare really

Nope he only went in as the underdog twice in 07 and last year

you've got to give me the 2014 finals where the spurs blew them out of the building.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:02am On May 28, 2016
A40:

That I'm back rant people don't even know the origin. There were Blazers fans that made a shirt with Curry's fall and subsequent injury in the Rockets game who were seated in the stands
can you imagine and BIRDMAN faults him... Troll oshi angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:21pm On May 28, 2016
birdman:

its more than that bro. all the "im baaack" and dancing etc...you realize the reason even durant is playing pissed is all the extra-curricular crap these guys do. I bet you the most of the warrior starting 5 dont have many nba friends... when you showboat excessively, you rub the general nba family the wrong way. but lets leave that alone..if you can make curry's incredible shots, beat your chest all you want.

On to technical issues. You say OKC dont match up well with cleveland. At which positions? Because the backcourt of OKC >>> than backcourt of cleveland both on offense and defense.

And the cavs stretch 4's lose their advantage. Love and Frye can stretch you defense and knock down 3's but guess what? OKC has 3-4 forward-centers who are happy to run around all day. And they are the leagues top rebounding frontcourt this playoffs, negating Love and Thompson's offensive rebounds.

So where is this matchup favoring cavs other than the position Lebron is playing

Before I say anything, let me state unequivocally that you are one of the reasons threads like this exist but in this aspect, I respectfully disagree. I think you are a bit biased in your analysis.

1. I was going to explain the history of "I'm back" but since A40 has already hinted at it, it won't be necessary. I don't know why I can't shake the feeling that the explanation won't have mattered, and to be honest, I'm let down.

2. If KD is playing pissed (which he isn't) it will be just like the case of the small dog with potentials that every big dog liked until that small dog became a bigger dog and in a flash the other big dogs hated him.

I have seen an interview where KD said he knew Curry as a 10 year old in 98 when they where in a particular summer camp and he was taken aback by the fact that a small light-skinned (KD actually thought Curry was white) guy could shoot the ball from 35 ft and he was making them. That he is not surprised at Curry's range today many years after. Now 2 back to back MVPs after, KD is now throwing shades.

3. Warriors are actually one of the most liked teams. Kobe, called Green after game 4 to give some pep talk. This is Kobe the snob we are talking about. If he can like you, you must be LIKEABLE. And this is Green whom we all agree is quite dislikeable.

4. Lol @ back court. Andre Roberson and Westbrook better than Kyrie and JR Smith? Westbrook will score his buckets, but he cannot mark Kyrie. That's a given. JR Smith will shoot Roberson off the building. It is not even fair.

Thompson rebounds as well as Adams. Sure as a team OKC rebounds better but they shoot significantly poorer. Cavs will use Frye and Love to shoot Adams or Kanter to smithereens or stretch the defence.

KD and Lebron match up evenly. KDs jumpers are absolutely unstoppable. Lebron in the paint or to the rim is the same- unmarkable.

So let's talk about, home court, Cavs have it. 3pt shooting %, Cavs. Lebron vs KD? Lebron defecates on KD. I think like 17-4 or so.

The bench is even more worrisome. Waiters for all his athleticism, was let off by the Cavs. Delly defends better and his 3pt shooting is actually better. Jefferson has been big coming off the bench all through the post-season. The matchup isn't close.

Serge Ibaka has been underrated all P/Os but he has been decent. Problem is, Love prefers him marking at the perimeter, and Love won't have 4 straight bad games.

I feel like I am rambling. OKC to probably win 2 of their home games. But it smells like a 4-2 loss and the Cavs wins ahome may be imperial blow-outs.

I am sure you know this, because you are a Bron man. You want him to win that ring. Well, if he faces OKC (which looks increasingly likely, he will get that ring).
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:26pm On May 28, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Curry is not cocky. Jeez. He danced at the end of a dramatic win. Russell dances at the beginning of important games. Even Barkley says Russell is annoying.

Kobe picked Russell because they are both aggressive volume shooters and they learned from baba Allen Iverson grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:31pm On May 28, 2016
SIRcumalot:

who do you think as been the best player in this warriors-OKC series so far?

KD and Ibaka. Ibaka has been underrated so far. He has shot really well and hit big 3s.

Russell is decent. He puts big numbers but he is so inefficient. Any decent player will average 27ppg if they shoot 28 shots per game.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:54pm On May 28, 2016
Eruditor:

Curry is not cocky. Jeez. He danced at the end of a dramatic win. Russell dances at the beginning of important games. Even Barkley says Russell is annoying.

Kobe picked Russell because they are both aggressive volume shooters and they learned from baba Allen Iverson grin
more than anything his very competitive nature and his ability to not care or adapt his game to Appease anybody.

am not against curry dancing or flexing his tiny biceps most players do this and he probably has been doing this stuff for years he is just in the spotlight more now.
people with less achievement,are doing worse.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:03pm On May 28, 2016
Eruditor:

KD and Ibaka. Ibaka has been underrated so far. He has shot really well and hit big 3s.

Russell is decent. He puts big numbers but he is so inefficient. Any decent player will average 27ppg if they shoot 28 shots per game.
he has scored efficiently in some games not counting the last.
his rebounding and assist numbers are very high that makes me forgive the inefficiency
ibaka also has shot the ball well.
K.D is doing very well on the defensive end but his missing some shots he could make blindfolded.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 2:33pm On May 28, 2016
Eruditor:

Russell is decent but his turnovers are a problem.if he keep that low,that will be help his team.Still not sure they can't handle Cavs.all I need from the west is the team that will win the series.I know KD is ready but not sure about RW.His turnovers drives me mad.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:34pm On May 28, 2016
A40:

may the best team win. i am not so invested in an LBJ ring that I want them to play a weaker team. If you play the best team possible and you dont win, guess what, you are NOT the best. Shikena.

I think the warrior love is clouding many people's judgement - OKC is by far the stronger playoff team. They have multiple ways to beat you. Take away transition bball from Warriors and they look like any other team
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:45pm On May 28, 2016
Eruditor:

4. Lol @ back court. Andre Roberson and Westbrook better than Kyrie and JR Smith? Westbrook will score his buckets, but he cannot mark Kyrie. That's a given. JR Smith will shoot Roberson off the building. It is not even fair.

Thompson rebounds as well as Adams. Sure as a team OKC rebounds better but they shoot significantly poorer. Cavs will use Frye and Love to shoot Adams or Kanter to smithereens or stretch the defence.

KD and Lebron match up evenly. KDs jumpers are absolutely unstoppable. Lebron in the paint or to the rim is the same- unmarkable.

So let's talk about, home court, Cavs have it. 3pt shooting %, Cavs. Lebron vs KD? Lebron defecates on KD. I think like 17-4 or so.

The bench is even more worrisome. Waiters for all his athleticism, was let off by the Cavs. Delly defends better and his 3pt shooting is actually better. Jefferson has been big coming off the bench all through the post-season. The matchup isn't close.

Serge Ibaka has been underrated all P/Os but he has been decent. Problem is, Love prefers him marking at the perimeter, and Love won't have 4 straight bad games.

I feel like I am rambling. OKC to probably win 2 of their home games. But it smells like a 4-2 loss and the Cavs wins ahome may be imperial blow-outs.

I am sure you know this, because you are a Bron man. You want him to win that ring. Well, if he faces OKC (which looks increasingly likely, he will get that ring).

Yeah. I stepped into a hornets nest with that one grin. Let me leave the personal side and concentrate on d game. I agree KD and LBJ match up evenly, not skill-set wise, but their overall effect on the game. Durant has been playing stellar D this playoffs, using his length the way we all though he could.

As for 3pt pct, KD by himself will beat the whole Cavs team. You can live with LBJ, Love even Kyrie making open 3s. They are not pure shooters and they rarely will get hot from the 3. If you let Durant hit two or three open shots and he gets hot, game over.

Now you could argue that warriors are even much better at the 3. Yes, but you cant replace length. Durant's length will always distort defense and offense in a way warriors cannot.

Bottomline: if the warriors are the better team, they will find a way to win the series. I think both teams have taken their best shot at this point
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 8:23pm On May 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Dancing/In game celebration and chewing mouth guard is now a criteria for who's not the better match up for a NBA FINALS. Or the same Backcourt that eliminated Cavs in 6 in last year's Finals?? Or Westbrook that did his pre-game dance competition with Cameron Payne or his teammates in every playoff games?? what what has chewing your mouth guard or in game or pregame dance or humility got to even do with Playing and Qualifying for a NBA FINALS?? Manc, I never expected you to say something this sort.

Seconded.... ..
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:28pm On May 28, 2016
R.I.P to Pelicans guard Bryce Dejean-Jones...

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:29pm On May 28, 2016
lolawilliams:
R.I.P to Pelicans guard Bryce Dejean-Jones...
Still waiting for updates.. It's painful.. That team really had a rough season.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:31pm On May 28, 2016
Lolawilliams, how did you celebrate your win today?
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:32pm On May 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Still waiting for updates.. It's painful.. That team really had a rough season.
Man. So painful.. Heard he was shot dead
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:36pm On May 28, 2016
lolawilliams:

Man. So painful.. Heard he was shot dead
If true, then these guys need to stay away from stuffs like this. Markief Morris was arrested yesterday for a drug related offence..
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:39pm On May 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Lolawilliams, how did you celebrate your win today?
Lool, everyone around me wasnt a cavs fan.. I just had to turn up all alone. Waiting for who imma meet next.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:41pm On May 28, 2016
SmooshCHN:
If true, then these guys need to stay away from stuffs like this. Markief Morris was arrested yesterday for a drug related offence..
Most of these nba baller are gang affiliated.. Remember when they shot knicks cleanthony on the leg too.. Like they really need to stay outta it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 2:27am On May 29, 2016
This OKC crowd ehn can dampen someone's morale embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:10am On May 29, 2016
OMG DONT TELL ME shocked no one is around cry cry undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:13am On May 29, 2016
DRAYMOND GREEN IS ON A POSTER... HOLY grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:18am On May 29, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
OMG DONT TELL ME shocked no one is around cry cry undecided
Everyone is glued to their TV right now grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:01am On May 29, 2016
Those refs are s*cking durant's thumb right now.. How was Green's steal a foul? No replay even.. Livingston and Speights and Curry need to get their shots in.
Re: The NBA Begins by Bobbieydeey: 4:05am On May 29, 2016
Kevin Durant on steph has been really tough for steph, dude has the footwork to go with the length

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.