Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,941 members, 7,841,616 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1648550 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (2240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:26am On Jun 10, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Don't worry SmooshCHN they will run away tonight again mtcheww
cheesy cheesy Abi na.. Ain't worth the time..
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:29am On Jun 10, 2016
drinkmorewater:
Come all U GSW fans crying about who or why we support Cavs in the finals, We don't have to like them for 10 years before we support, we can just support em just because we have the right!

And if U calling Cavs supporters bandwagon fans, what bout yall GsW's eh.. When did even Gsw start making waves in the NBA, prior to recent years they've been one of the worst teams in NBA if not for curry draft or that monta ellis back then wetin dey make guys watch them? so u all supported the worst ugh?

Abeg make we just enjoy the game as one while it lasts.. Till Oct or Nov now before it begins.. sigh.
Hahaha, you know the answer to that already, a team that last won a ring in 1975 now has a huge fan base last season and this season... Before the ring they won last year, youll only find a warrior fan in oakland, but now omg, a massive bandwagon fan base everywhere. The team that has alot of fans in california before was lakers and clippers, but now its warriors both in cali and every other places.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2016
Major basketball title rather
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:28am On Jun 10, 2016
After cleveland browns, a NFL team won 4 NFL title and 4 AAFC title, making 8 altogether. People still think the city of cleveland hasnt won any major sport title.. smh

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2016
more memes here

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:54am On Jun 10, 2016
SmooshCHN:
He said "I lost my job but they post the game, who really lost??".. That's pathetic.. He was trying to slide in her DM cheesy cheesy cheesy.. They're fans base is one serious one owing to the fact the city has never won any major sport's title..

BTW, Steve Kerr's daughter was punched in the head yesterday by a fan..
Very brutal city, no wonder Joachim Noah hates their ass. "Have you ever heard anyone taking a vacation to cleveland"-Naoh lmao grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:11am On Jun 10, 2016
lolawilliams:
After cleveland browns, a NFL team won 4 NFL title and 4 AAFC title, making 8 altogether. People still think the city of cleveland hasnt won any major sport title.. smh
Ah! babe dont bring that one oo...When you want to make an argument, you bring in valid and solid facts. You mean the down placed losers Browns....What year dd they win those championships you are talaking about To date, the Browns' overall win-loss record since 1999 is 87–185. last championship win was in 1964 thats 52years ago.....Talk about tales by moonlight stories....Yester-years glory. undecidedThey are yet to appear in Super bowl since then.They are in the bottom scrubs league with a 3-13 win -loss record.Now this is the team you decided to pick to make your point. undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Ah! babe dont bring that one oo...When you want to make an argument, you bring in valid and solid facts. You mean the down placed losers Browns....What year dd they win those championships you are talaking about To date, the Browns' overall win-loss record since 1999 is 87–185. last championship win was in 1964 thats 52years ago.....Talk about tales by moonlight stories....Yester-years glory. undecidedThey are yet to appear in Super bowl since then.They are in the bottom scrubs league with a 3-13 win -loss record.Now this is the team you decided to pick to make your point. undecided undecided
Im not talking about stat. I just want you to know that the city of cleveland have won a major sport title.. Its in the record for life.
You call cleveland a brutal city, so you left chicago, memphis nd detroit and called cleveland a brutal city. I think joakim is about leaving bulls for minnesota, have you heard anyone going to minnesota for vacay?
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:24am On Jun 10, 2016
lolawilliams:

Im not talking about stat. I just want you to know that the city of cleveland have won a major sport title.. Its in the record for life.
You call cleveland a brutal city, so you left chicago, memphis nd detroit and called cleveland a brutal city. I think joakim is about leaving bulls for minnesota, have you heard anyone going to minnesota for vacay?
I just want you to know the city of cleveland hasnt won any major title in the 21st century....they are bottom scrubs, and nothing fun happens in cleveland grin grin grin grin........id pick minnesota for cleveland anyday, anytime
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:37am On Jun 10, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
I just want you to know the city of cleveland hasnt won any major title in the 21st century....they are bottom scrubs, and nothing fun happens in cleveland grin grin grin grin........id pick minnesota for cleveland anyday, anytime
hahaha. Now youve changed it, the city of cleveland hasnt won any major title in the 21st century?? No one cares about that, they won 8titles, its in the book of history.
If u gon pick minnesota over cleveland. No problem then cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:55am On Jun 10, 2016
lolawilliams:

hahaha. Now youve changed it, the city of cleveland hasnt won any major title in the 21st century?? No one cares about that, they won 8titles, its in the book of history.
If u gon pick minnesota over cleveland. No problem then cheesy
Changed what undecided undecided undecided undecided You are picking a scrub team to make your point. No one cares about that? Then why do u want cavs to win....cleveland should be ok with the 8 titles now cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:56am On Jun 10, 2016
The fans are desperate for this nba title.. That's all I'm trying to say whether I'm wrong about the title stuff which I accepted I am or not.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Changed what undecided undecided undecided undecided You are picking a scrub team to make your point. No one cares about that? Then why do u want cavs to win....cleveland should be ok with the 8 titles now cheesy cheesy cheesy
We're not talking about a scrub team or stats, the city of cleveland have won a major sport title, that's all i'm after.
8titles is not enough. They need more of it
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
lolawilliams:

We're not talking about a scrub team or stats, the city of cleveland have won a major sport title, that's all i'm after.
8titles is not enough. They need more of it
SMH youu just said no one cares if cleveland hasnt won any title in the 21st century lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided so Now they care enough to want more of it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by drinkmorewater: 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Yes you have the right to be a Fan.. cheesy

grin grin grin

My brother U dey look for trouble oh, don't worry I gat U!
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2016
drinkmorewater:

grin grin grin
My brother U dey look for trouble oh, don't worry I gat U!
We dey here together..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2016
drinkmorewater:
Come all U GSW fans crying about who or why we support Cavs in the finals, We don't have to like them for 10 years before we support, we can just support em just because we have the right!

And if U calling Cavs supporters bandwagon fans, what bout yall GsW's eh.. When did even Gsw start making waves in the NBA, prior to recent years they've been one of the worst teams in NBA if not for curry draft or that monta ellis back then wetin dey make guys watch them? so u all supported the worst ugh?

Abeg make we just enjoy the game as one while it lasts.. Till Oct or Nov now before it begins.. sigh.

Nobody is crying about anything. Bandwagon is not necessarily a bad word depending on the context in which it is used.

I was a bandwagon Spurs fan in 2007 when they played Cleveland because Cleveland had beat the Detroit Pistons 4-2 in the ECFs and between 2001- 2007 I staunchly supported the Pistons.

Bandwagon in this context was because I knew I wouldn't lose sleep if Spurs lost. I just wanted his Travelness to lose that final- and he did.

Just like SmooshCHN said, a bandwagoner is not emotionally invested in the team. They only act in support of the team when the going is good.

You saw posts from me and Mizzzbeee talking about praying for GSW to win certain games. That's emotional investment. You should read posts from A40 when he talks about his beloved Bayern Munich or Sircumalot when he talks about Manchester United.

Again I have nothing against Cleveland bandwagoners but I was just paying Lola in her own coins as she was the one who was so quick to brandish others as bandwagoners, when in actual fact, she is the Mother of all bandwagoners.

Watch her turn ghost Saturday morning as I have predicted again.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
Legendary boxer, Olympian, activist, and humanitarian Muhammad Ali passed away last weekend at the age of 74. Widely regarded as “The Greatest,” Ali was a champion both in the ring and across the globe as he fought heavyweight title bouts as well as race and political issues for decades.

The legend’s funeral is being held today, beginning with a procession through his native Louisville. The occasion is meant for those to reflect on his life and achievements, as well as the impact he has made on the American culture as a whole.

Dirk Nowitzki has a unique connection to Ali. In a 2011 interview following the Mavs’ first championship with Spiegel, a German news organization, the Finals MVP revealed the details (translated from German):

SPIEGEL: Did any German politicians call to congratulate you?

Nowitzki: I think that (German Chancellor) Angela Merkel called my adviser. I’m not totally sure. But do you know what made me the happiest?

SPIEGEL: What?

Nowitzki: Muhammad Ali sent me a package.

SPIEGEL: What was in it?

Nowitzki: A boxing glove with the inscription: “You are the greatest.” Please don’t ask me immediately about the political meaning of the gift. I was simply happy and sent Ali a golden basketball with a similar inscription.

Yesterday in Frisco Nowitzki spoke on Ali’s impact.

“He was a pioneer, he was inspirational,” he said. “He was controversial at times, but always stood up for what he believed in, and from that standpoint, (he was) an absolute role model and he meant so much.”

Nowitzki, a notorious sports fan, appreciated Ali’s gift on a deeply personal level. Ali is considered one of the best and most dominant athletes of all-time, so for him to send Nowitzki not only his regards, but also a signed glove, shows the respect was mutual. It’s a gift the Mavericks forward will surely treasure forever.
Ali sent Nowitzki a package after his finals run in 2011. Dawg, I am going to fawking cry, Freaking Hell embarassed embarassed

The inscription said you are the greatest. Freaking Hell embarassed embarassed cry

RIP Ali!

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Donlittle:
Ali sent Nowitzki a package after his finals run in 2011. Dawg, I am going to fawking cry, Freaking Hell embarassed embarassed
The inscription said you are the greatest. Freaking Hell embarassed embarassed cry
RIP Ali!
That's another level of respect.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by NRepublic: 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
Looking forward to Game 4 Gentlemen and Ladies.

I have a poll setup for fun. Let's see how you all vote. Obviously it's anonymous and your pride still be intact even if your vote is wrong. Purely for fun.

Also would like feed back on how you like the poll feature. (directed to our emails of course or added to the post)

Here is the link to the poll
http://www.forum.naijarepublic.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2016
Today the Big day.

Lemme start with Steph Curry and the Warriors and what they need to do. Its really simple. Steph needs to come out and show why he is the MVP. If there is one thing I would give LeFlop from time to time he comes out to silence his doubters, this is what Steph must do to climb that stratosphere of the truly elite. He is not taking what the defense is giving him and that is really disappointing to watch. If they chase you from the 3 or make it tough on you then switch to your other strength. Take the goddamn ball to the hoop. I recall the 3rd game in the regular season against the Spurs he did just that after the Warriors were stifled in San Antonio and the results were awesome. The Warriors need him to be Steph, he can't be taciturn and leave this all to fate. He has to impose his will on this game

Secondly if the Cavs go small then Bogut has to go. I think Kerr left him on a little too long in the last game. His lack of mobility really hurt Golden State on both ends

For the Cavs its simple really, don't start Love
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
clevermob:
I'm so happy I'm seeing this thread, thought I was the only huge bball guy in this football crazy country...I'm guessing the general idea is that Cleveland might be back in the series, what do I think? they can't beat a 73 win team 3 times out of the remaining 4 games...
Welcome. I agree with you though stranger things have happened. This is the game to win if you are the Warriors just to suck the life out of the Cavs
Re: The NBA Begins by NRepublic: 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
A40:

For the Cavs its simple really, don't start Love

hahaha Love is winning the poll

http://forum.naijarepublic.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Oh Please.. Don't play the "sexist card.. Everyone here has been respectful to the female folks. No one is try to chance her. And if you're saying it just so she can can cool down, it's still wrong. This thread has always be void of "gender" factor. And she used the "Bandwagon" word than anybody on this thread.
Calm down baba. E never serious reach like that nah

This una Hillary Clinton/ Donald Trump back and forth sha
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2016
NRepublic:

hahaha Love is winning the poll

http://forum.naijarepublic.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121
Just a terrible matchup and next to useless when his shots aren't falling. Plus he isn't even great at creating his own shots
Re: The NBA Begins by NRepublic: 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
A40:

Just a terrible matchup and next to useless when his shots aren't falling. Plus he isn't even great at creating his own shots

I hear you man. I'm sure LeBron secretly wishes they had kept Wiggins.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 11, 2016
We either praise curry tonight, or slam the him. Which one is it gonna be?
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 2:29am On Jun 11, 2016
Cavs are playing good defense this game. Irving been aggressive and balling. Let's see if they win this

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 11, 2016
Manutd19:
Cavs are playing good defense this game. Irving been aggressive and balling. Let's see if they win this
Both teams are playing good defense, and curry is doing his job right now, not scoring, but his pass to assist is on point.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:38am On Jun 11, 2016
A40:

Calm down baba. E never serious reach like that nah
This una Hillary Clinton/ Donald Trump back and forth sha
No mind me jare. No vex cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:39am On Jun 11, 2016
I am watching the game. Go Cavs. I must admit, the warriors are quite impressive. But I doubt they take this G4.

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (2240) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m), etidy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.