Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617585 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
SIRcumalot:

why are you guys not giving Chandler parson the maxs. ?

and that your 06 team was a 60 win team,a 60 win can't be full of scrubs.
Parsons played one playoff game in two seasons. Cant pay a glass player that kind of money
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
lolawilliams:

I really don't know much about WNBA though, do you?
same here nothing
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
nairamaniac:

You also have a point. But if you watched both their eras, you are likely to clearly place Malone ahead of dirk.

Malone in terms of physic, strength, power was only bested by shaq for several years. Malone was so stronnnng, God damn it.

In terms of muscle and all I mentioned above, he was to his position all through his era, what Lebron has been to his position for past years.

As tough as Dennis rodman and Charles Barkley were as power forwards, Malone made them look like kids in the paint, in terms of defence and offence.

Guess what, he was also very defensive. 3times all defensive 1st team. I doubt dirk was ever considered for a defensive team. Malone looked so heavy, but he could leap for dunks and blocks so effortlessly. Only problem is that he never looked athletic due to his over-muscular frame.

Malone is 2nd all time nba scoring leader. Hope you know that. I love olajuwon, but hope you know olajuwon won those 2rings when Jordan decides to play baseball? Hence you can't give him credit of winning them in Jordan's era. He won them "in between Jordan's ERAS".

Malone dominated his era much more than dirk did. Do you know that for like 9 or 10 straight seasons, Malone was in all NBA 1st team? I believe that's a longer stretch than dirk had.

Malone had some wonderful seasons. There was one that stood out. That was in 1998 season. He led the jazz to sweep the Lakers. The Lakers had clearly the better team that season. The had 4 baaad aaas allstars in Shaq, Eddie Jones, nick van exel and a young Kobe(though a bench player still then).

The Lakers were hot and strong that year. Eddie Jones was really good and so was shaq. Eddie Jones was benching Kobe as at then.

The Lakers had a great bench in Eddie Campbell, derrick fisher and Kobe.

But for yet - to - explained reasons, the jazz swept Lakers.
This isn't as easy as lebron's cavs sweeping Atlanta. The Lakers were really good. That was Lakers best season since 1990.

Dirk had a good shooting technique, but so did Malone.

Well, its debatable no doubt. But I put Malone clearly ahead of Malone. How do you explain all NBA 1st team? And other two seasons around those years he wasn't there, he was in 2nd second team.

Malone was a hybrid of a Tim Duncan(fundamentals, technique) and SHAQ (body dominance). That's a deadlest combo iv ever seen in a forward.

The closest I have seen having this combo is Karl Anthony Towns. But I'm just so scared he may play soft, cause he's too nice, humble and respectful.

Malone was a beast.
It depends on what appeals to you as a lover of the game. You might like brute force and power and I might like technique and finesse.

Dirk has dominated the league in his own unique way. He has a move that has been labelled unguardable. Its a common joke that the NBA ought to change its logo to his patented one legged fadeaway, you know you have been dominant when your competitors are trying to learn your move with varying degrees of success. From Kobe to LeBron to K.D the list is endless

They even met head to head to head in the playoffs and guess who ran out winners? Dirk

Talking about defense. Dirk was no defensive stopper but he played much better defense than people give him credit for and in his prime years gave you 8-10 rebounds a game. Much better 3pt shooter and free throw shooter too

I would not even talk about the fact that Malone had the privilege of playing with an all-time top 3 PG in John Stockton all his career while Dirk has mostly played with a young Nash and a past his prime Jason Kidd for less than half his career

When you talk of dominance it is also necessary to consider the caliber of competition you are facing. You brought up ALL-NBA First team appearances well In Dirk's early years he contended with Duncan, K.G, Webber etc. In the latter stages of his career you had LeBron, K.D also entering the picture. So his not making the list isn't as much lack of dominance but more on the tightness of the competitionn. He was either in the First or second team from 02-2011 and that is no mean feat

I wouldn't call Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel badass. They were good but compare to Dirk who swept the two time defending Champion Lakers, Or beating the Spurs on their home floor in 06, A 3 time Champion over the last 6 seasons prior to when they met the Mavs for that matter.

The legendary German is too underrated and of all the guys he frequently gets compared with he has done the most with the least.

Go and check Dirk's numbers in playoff competition. Only Dirk, Hakeem, Pettit have averaged more than 25 points and 10 rebounds in the playoffs

In 14 elimination games he has scored 30 or more points, which ties him with Jerry West for most all time. Of the top 100 elimination game performances in the last 20 years, Nowitzki has had the best performances in 8 of them, more than any other player in the NBA. Dirk is arguably one of the most clutch performers of all time.

Free Baba Dirk na Legend. Me I choose him over Malone

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
nairamaniac:
my sister, iv not heard anything ohhh. I'm not expecting Any big trades to the favour of cavs this season. Except we trade like 4 like with other teams. I would gladly trade j.r smith for any of those 2players I mentioned. Lebron played out of his comfort zone to win cavs the last finals. He doesn't like being the go-2 guy rather than being involved in every other thing else.

I'm not scared of loosing Mozgov or delly. I'm more scared of not getting a natural perimeter shooter/scorer.
clippers wld never leave reddick and take shump, they'll accept delly but delly. I still feel JR shouldnt leave, we all withnessed his greatness this season. Cavs wont trade both of them, to get a perimeter shooter, it wld one of them and shump. Maybe we shld forget about bradley, we got the highest payroll already, cavs wont go for him and he has agreed on a $128M deal with wizards.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
A40:

Let Chandler Parsons take his china made glass knees elsewhere. If you were a GM would you pay that perma-crock max money?

I didn't call them scrubs but they aren't exactly HOF bound. Besides I recall a lot of Cavs fan swearing LeBron played with scrubs even when they won 66 games and had the best regular season two seasons straight.

got me on that LeBron stuff.

but you guys are going to have to pay somebody,
if Barnes land for Dallas I go too laugh.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Bombshell: NBA announces that free agent O.J. Mayo has been banned from league for violating anti-drug policy.

When your village people decides to visit your case grin

The guy village people really plan him case well well..see timing!!!!When him mates they enjoy free money, imagine Mazgov for over $60M..

THERE IS NO WAY IN THIS WORLD MY SON/ DAUGHTER (WHENEVER DEM DECIDE TO COME) WOULD NOT PLAY COLLEGIATE/ PROFESSIONAL SPORT... DEM MUST PLAY ONE, IT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE angry angry angry INFACT NA ME GO CHOOSE angry angry

Imagine the money these guys are playing around with to play their hobby in God's own country.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
SIRcumalot:
got me on that LeBron stuff.
but you guys are going to have to pay somebody, if Barnes land for Dallas I go too laugh.
Ol boy if Dirk move na any team he join I go support

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
Stephen Curry is officially the 873rd highest paid player in the NBA cheesy

MY BOY WOULD BE TOP 10 NEXT YEAR

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2016
Mathew Dellavedova $38M/4yrs Milwaukee Bucks.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
Roland17:

The guy village people really plan him case well well..see timing!!!!When him mates they enjoy free money, imagine Mazgov for over $60M..

THERE IS NO WAY IN THIS WORLD MY SON/ DAUGHTER (WHENEVER DEM DECIDE TO COME) WOULD NOT PLAY COLLEGIATE/ PROFESSIONAL SPORT... DEM MUST PLAY ONE, IT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE angry angry angry INFACT NA ME GO CHOOSE angry angry

Imagine the money these guys are playing around with to play their hobby in God's own country.
over $1billion has been spent in just one day it's insane

Whiteside last season 980, 000
Whiteside this season 98,000,000
Dude went to the zoo to "talk to animals" some hrs after the deal... Wat luxury

Evan Turner signs with blazers wats your take? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Paul..

Here are their Wives.. wink They all got that booty..

And here's Lebron's Wife Dancing..
https://instagram.com/p/BHVWOFrh2I5/

These players know how to enjoy.. OJ Mayo should come learn. undecided

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
DeMar Derozan $138M/5yrs.. shocked shocked

Please how do I restart my life??
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
SmooshCHN:
DeMar Derozan $138M/5yrs.. shocked shocked

Please how do I restart my life??
Lool. These players are damn rich
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
lolawilliams:

Lool. These players are damn rich
Curry is just sitting somewhere like Damn!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Thanks Evan Turner for the time at the Garden.

Turner just agreed a 4 year/ $70M with the Blazers.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16679933/evan-turner-agrees-four-year-70-million-deal-portland-trail-blazers
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Curry is just sitting somewhere like Damn!!!!
Curry deserves more, warriors better get ready to pay him at least $25M per year when his contract ends

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
God help me if I don't get a heart attack today..

Memphis Grizzlies and Mike Conley agrees to $153M/5yrs..

Eruditor, A40, Mizzzbeee, lolawilliams, Sircumalot and we're here arguing statistics. cry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Paul..
Here are their Wives.. wink They all got that booty..
And here's Lebron's Wife Dancing.. https://instagram.com/p/BHVWOFrh2I5/
These players know how to enjoy.. OJ Mayo should come learn. undecided
LeBron's wife is fine and fly tho. He has taste I give him that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:04am On Jul 02, 2016
SmooshCHN:

Eruditor, A40, Mizzzbeee, lolawilliams, Sircumalot and we're here arguing statistics. cry
I have been in pain since morning reading these figures. I don't know much more I can take. The annoying part is even if you give am $300m its not like he would suddenly turn to Magic Johnson
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 12:11am On Jul 02, 2016
SmooshCHN:

Holy Hell!!! A point guard!!! Is the owner of grizzles crazy!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:33am On Jul 02, 2016
lolawilliams:
Holy Hell!!! A point guard!!! Is the owner of grizzles crazy!!!
Batshyte crazy lol
Dwight to the Hawks for 3 yrs and 70m
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 12:45am On Jul 02, 2016
A40:

Batshyte crazy lol

Dwight to the Hawks for 3 yrs and 70m

Maybe he wants to go to his city, Rockets also offered him $23.4M a year, he declined it. Surprised he accepted this price.
Hawks are crazy for bringin howard and letting hoford go.

A40, the free agency winner goes to mike conley, still surprised he'ld be given that huge amount of money

Not a single all star game but he has the biggest contract in NBA history, $30M per year!!!!! Barely in the top 10 point guards. Omg
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:03am On Jul 02, 2016
lolawilliams:

Maybe he wants to go to his city, Rockets also offered him $23.4M a year, he declined it. Surprised he accepted this price.

A40, the free agency winner goes to mike conley, still surprised he'ld be given that huge amount of money

Not a single all star game but he has the biggest contract in NBA history, $30M per year!!!!! Barely in the top 10 point guards. Omg
He's really been fed up with Rockets. I don't think Conley wins this FA, Durant has a stunt to pull.. 75M/2yrs with OKC cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:08am On Jul 02, 2016
lolawilliams:

Hawks are crazy for bringin howard and letting hoford go.

Mike Conley Is good,very very good if he was in the east he would be an all star.
and if you really think about it there is no better free agent point guard
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 02, 2016
Parsons averaged 13-3-5 last year and he's getting the max. lol

Welcome to the new Nba
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:10am On Jul 02, 2016
SmooshCHN:
He's really been fed up with Rockets. I don't think Conley wins this FA, Durant has a stunt to pull.. 75M/2yrs with OKC cheesy

Really $72M/2yrs, look like bill gates is the one awarding this contracts. Then curry or leBron can easily pull up a $40M contract for 1year.
Re: The NBA Begins by kabman: 1:17am On Jul 02, 2016
Madness.solomon hill getting 50 million.im very sure i can average 2 points.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:18am On Jul 02, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Mike Conley Is good,very very good if he was in the east he would be an all star.
and if you really think about it there is no better free agent point guard
According to his stats that I just checked now, this last season and his first season in NBA were is weak seasons, his 2013/2014 &2014/15 season werent has good as his 2012/2013 season, na that person I go give $153M??
Bro, welcome to the new NBA cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:23am On Jul 02, 2016
kabman:
Madness.solomon hill getting 50 million.im very sure i can average 2 points.
Hahaha, welcome to the new NBA
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:27am On Jul 02, 2016
lolawilliams:

Really $72M/2yrs, look like bill gates is the one awarding this contracts. Then curry or leBron can easily pull up a $40M contract for 1year.
I was just guessing. No price has been named for KD yet.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:41am On Jul 02, 2016
lolawilliams:

According to his stats that I just checked now, this last season and his first season in NBA were is weak seasons, his 2013/2014 &2014/15 season werent has good as his 2012/2013 season, na that person I go give $153M??
Bro, welcome to the new NBA cheesy cheesy
he broke his face in 14/15 and as suffered some injuries this season.
make no mistake about it,the guy Is good, I'll take him over most PG in the east.

everybody is getting paid,
expect for Lin who probably traded,less money for playing time.

who go pay Rondo? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:43am On Jul 02, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I was just guessing. No price has been named for KD yet.
I really want KD to join the warriors,the league needs a new villain like that big 3 Miami Heat.
that was fun.

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: larride(m), Kundistrict(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.