Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,713 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627817 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
lolawilliams:

Top 25? well I still doubt that. Since it's next to impossible for him to do that for two more seasons. Top 50 is certain, but I doubt top 25

If he wins two more rings averaging 20+ppg, he'd be in top 20. And you know this is very likely going to happen. You think LeBron winning one more ring didn't take him to top 5? LeBron would be fighting top 10 if he lost last season.

Ray Allen is better than Reggie Miller. Miller is just a Klay Thompson veteran in my opinion. Curry's last 2 seasons are better than Miller's career ejoor. E be like say you no know how many records that boy and the team break in just two years, his clutch shots sef. The only reason analysts are putting Miller higher na the 3 point record.

Other players saving grace na Durant wey go drop Curry form. Make Curry just play last season again or 2 more times, win ring, no surprise if you see am for top 10..

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
Roland17:
I have defended Curry's talent on this thread numerous times, however, i am being pragmatic when i say, until Curry replicates his regular season dominance in the post season where all time greats are made, i would not replace Reggie Miller with Curry or have him in my top 25.

We may as well include James Harden on that list if Curry is that great to be a top 25.

I desperately want to go into specifics in this argument but its a subjective topic that divides opinion.

Curry dominates in playoffs. The NBA ish is the finals.

Check his stats 2 years running from conference rounds up to wcf, you'd see he plays better than everybody even James. He loses his touch in the finals. This is where your subjectivity comes into play

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2016
If we go by that logic,
Durant hasn't done enough to be on that list then too.
Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
lolawilliams:
Fox Sport 25 Greatest Basketball Player All time.
25- Charles Barkley
24-Elgin baylor
23-Reggie Miller
22-Kevin durant
21-Dirk Nowitzski
20-John Stockton
19-Karl malone
18-kevin Garnett
17-Dwayne Wade
16-Scottie Pippen
15-Julius Erving
14-Jerry West
13-David Robinson
12-kobe Bryant
11-Oscar Robertson
10-Hakeem Olajuwon
9-Larry Bird
8-Wilt chamberlain
7-Bill russell
6-Magic Johnson
5-Tim duncan
4-Shaquille O'Neal
3-Kareem Abdul-jabbar
2-Lebron James( He came back from a 3-1 deficit against a team that dominated the league grin. No one has ever come close to combining his dominance, athletism, versatility, and intelligence into one package)
1-Michael Jordan.

Please who can tell me what KD is doing on that list?? Melo should have taken that position.

I feel kobe is ranked low. But after looking at 1-8 again. kobe cant be ranked above anyone there. So he should be at the 9th spot.

How come the ranked Reggie and Dirk above Charles barkley. A40 shey Dirk better pass Barkley grin??

Allen Iverson should have also been on list, they can take away Wade but Allen deserves a spot on that list.

Guys, is that list ok to you or some players dont deserve some spot on that list??

Only God knows the index used to rate the players...however kevin does not belong on that list......and melo is a capital NO....good offense....however....he his poor defensively and also his team hardly goes to the playoffs....which is suppose to be the big boys dance.....I think shaq is arguably the most dominant center in recent time....but the greatest is kareem.....i dont know what wilt played like but i know shaq was a handfull,ask dikembe mutombo....i guess the only person that could mark shaq comfortably that i remember was ben wallace..... My iverson is not on the list.....quite painfull....freak of nature he was.....
Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
SIRcumalot:

You just one vex people. cheesy

Reggie Miller doesn't do much for me,
He plays like JJ reddick,running around screen for 20sec before he finds an open shot. I dont like that as my first option on offence.
i get what ou are saying....however...you have to remember that reggie was not a point guard.....which automatically translate to offence not starting with him.....and second point.....reggie cast can not be compared to curry caste o........the golden state warriors team is so deep....so that means it would be easier to take shoots o......and their are alot of shooters on the team......so you can not cheat.....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
lolawilliams:
Fox Sport 25 Greatest Basketball Player All time.
25- Charles Barkley
24-Elgin baylor
23-Reggie Miller
22-Kevin durant
21-Dirk Nowitzski
20-John Stockton
19-Karl malone
18-kevin Garnett
17-Dwayne Wade
16-Scottie Pippen
15-Julius Erving
14-Jerry West
13-David Robinson
12-kobe Bryant
11-Oscar Robertson
10-Hakeem Olajuwon
9-Larry Bird
8-Wilt chamberlain
7-Bill russell
6-Magic Johnson
5-Tim duncan
4-Shaquille O'Neal
3-Kareem Abdul-jabbar
2-Lebron James( He came back from a 3-1 deficit against a team that dominated the league grin. No one has ever come close to combining his dominance, athletism, versatility, and intelligence into one package)
1-Michael Jordan.

Please who can tell me what KD is doing on that list?? Melo should have taken that position.

I feel kobe is ranked low. But after looking at 1-8 again. kobe cant be ranked above anyone there. So he should be at the 9th spot.

How come the ranked Reggie and Dirk above Charles barkley. A40 shey Dirk better pass Barkley grin??

Allen Iverson should have also been on list, they can take away Wade but Allen deserves a spot on that list.

Guys, is that list ok to you or some players dont deserve some spot on that list??
When has Fox ever come up with anything sensible bar The Simpsons

When I see David Robinson ahead of Dirk, Stockton, Pippen, Malone I have to question the mental health condition of the compiler of this sh!t list

Btw K.D better than Melo at scoring and on defense. Pretty much everything

Lmaoooo Kobe at 12. LeBron at 2. Why didn't they kuku put LeBron at 1. Awon oniranu

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
Donlittle:
Draymond green took a shot at The Truth today. Someone tell that temper tantrum kid to watch it please angry angry
Paul Pierce is a hypocrite. He needs to shut up. He, K.G and Ray Allen were one of the originators this superteam business. Abi na convenient amnesia dey worry am?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
carbonado:
i get what ou are saying....however...you have to remember that reggie was not a point guard.....which automatically translate to offence not starting with him.....and second point.....reggie cast can not be compared to curry caste o........the golden state warriors team is so deep....so that means it would be easier to take shoots o......and their are alot of shooters on the team......so you can not cheat.....
who would you rather build your team around?
Reggie or curry.
I really don't want to start defending curry I have a reputation to maintain cheesy.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
lolawilliams:

Curry is one hell of a shooter I wont argue about that but I feel he hasn't maintained his level of play long enough to be considered the best shooter. Reggie Miller and Ray Allen were great shooters for a longer period of time... If he can perform the way he did last season for two more seasons, then he can be in the top 50 grin

Ooh Mpa thought after Cavs ring, this geh will take it easy on Curry sef cry

Reggie doesn't cut 25 as well as Curry. However, if you do a top 50, Curry should be ahead of Reggie and behind Allen. Yes, Curry right now is in top 50. Playing longer doesn't translate better especially if you ain't consistent.

Same thing goes for Durant. CP3 should be ahead of Durant in any list.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
Lolawilliams will never allow Curry.. What has this guy done to you? I thought LeBron proved his dominance and Curry isn't his match any longer? Now won't you take it easy?
Take a moment to go through this record by Curry and tell me why he doesn't deserve a spot ahead of Reggie and Ray Allen.scoring

NBA

NBA champion: 2015
2× NBA Most Valuable Player: 2015, 2016
3× NBA All-Star: 2014, 2015, 2016
2× All-NBA First Team: 2015, 2016
All-NBA Second Team: 2014
NBA scoring leader: 2016
4× NBA three-point field goals leader: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
3× NBA free-throw percentage leader: 2011, 2015, 2016
NBA steals leader: 2016
NBA Skills Challenge champion: 2011
NBA regular season record for made three-pointers (402)
NBA record for most consecutive regular season games with a made three-pointer
NBA record for most consecutive playoff games with a made three-pointer (58)
NBA record for most three-pointers made in a single playoffs (98 – tied with Klay Thompson)
NBA record for most three-pointers made in a game (12 – tied with Kobe Bryant and Donyell Marshall)
NBA record for most points scored in an overtime period (17)
Warriors franchise leader in three-point field goals made
Warriors franchise record for most three-pointers made in a game (12)

All these while playing PG and you still won't allow him? If it was Klay with all those records we'd say he mostly feed off Curry's hustle but here is Curry who makes up most of these shots himself. Aunty this season you must calm down, all Curry needs to do this season and next season is to show up in the playoffs. But so far, you shouldn't compare his Regular Season performanbig most PGs and yes don't worry, he'll show up in the Playoffs since he doesn't have to worry about fatigue from epic regular season performances.

Curry has changed the game everywhere in the world, it's a new revolution with his stellar shooting. Go to the park and you'd see guys working on handles and range even big men.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SagePAUL(m): 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
guys guys I'm frustrated o

9days to the Nba 2016/2017 season and i don't see how we can enjoy live matches. Startimes have removed Nba tv from their bouquet list. Please who knows how to watch live matches apart from streaming it online.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Curry with a scoring title and back to back MVP's not better than Allen and Reggie Miller? Haha abeg make una stop am. Curry has surpassed them already if he retired today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
Re: The Draymond and Paul Pierce quanta. I side with Draymond over Paul Pierce the hypocrite. When the originators of the superteam formation. Barkley (joining Olajuwon, Drexler) and Pierce (K.G & Allen) are joining to condemn Durant, I'm sorry I can't take them seriously. If it were say a Malone, Dirk, Stockton, Webber dishing the criticism I for still hear but Pierce's defense is invalid and highly hypocritical.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
Donlittle:
Harrison Barnes will not kill me
That boy is a trash player that was hiding on a great Warrior team. I had pointed this out eons ago and people thought it was just beef. Still can't believe Cuban paid him max. That guy's jazzman is the real MVP
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 8:44am On Oct 18, 2016
A40:
Curry with a scoring title and back to back MVP's not better than Allen and Reggie Miller? Haha abeg make una stop am. Curry has surpassed them already if he retired today

Correct talk broski cheesy
Ur head valid baje baje

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:29am On Oct 19, 2016
7 days to go cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 8:55am On Oct 19, 2016
guys what's your choice

Re: The NBA Begins by mrkmiz(m): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
Derrickfresh:
guys what's your choice
Cp3, McCollum,kwahi, LeBron, Davis
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
YO @A40 you watching the Dallas game tonight, Haven't watched the Pre-Season at all, but we are playing Houston so i will catch the game just to see what to expect this season.

Honestly, the thing i am excited about this season is watching seth curry play. Hope he proves me right this year.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
SmooshCHN:
7 days to go cheesy

grin what's ur team name sire
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
Donlittle:
YO @A40 you watching the Dallas game tonight, Haven't watched the Pre-Season at all, but we are playing Houston so i will catch the game just to see what to expect this season.

Honestly, the thing i am excited about this season is watching seth curry play. Hope he proves me right this year.
I no really send pre-season like that. Not caught up on any of the games

Looking to see what Justin Anderson and Powell can deliver as well. Seth Curry has always had talent, motivation has been his issue

Cautiously optimistic this year. The general consensus is Los Mavs are not a playoff team but I trust Rick to pull a rabbit out the hat. From 4th to 8th seed is open season IMO

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 20, 2016
A40 Harrison Barnes bro. This is pathetic
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:03am On Oct 20, 2016
Donlittle:
A40 Harrison Barnes bro. This is pathetic
Cuban shoulda gone for Rudy Gay, Jae Crowder. Anybody but that wasteman. Its incredible that he does a show like Shark Tank and cannot spot a suegbe dud
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 20, 2016
A40:

Cuban shoulda gone for Rudy Gay, Jae Crowder. Anybody but that wasteman. Its incredible that he does a show like Shark Tank and cannot spot a suegbe dud
I think Rudy Gay would have been better, but we have nothing to trade for him. Would have been way better.

With his level of play, if he continues, We are going to end up amnestying this guy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:35am On Oct 20, 2016
NBA teams may have to build a wall once the Warriors cross the half court with possession. Better still, NBA teams should consult or hire the likes of Mourinho, Simione and Tony Pulis.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:09am On Oct 20, 2016
joephemzyz:

grin what's ur team name sire
Warriors of you're talking about NBA
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Roland17:
NBA teams may have to build a wall once the Warriors cross the half court with possession. Better still, NBA teams should consult or hire the likes of Mourinho, Simione and Tony Pulis.

Most teams have improved their squad. We dey stand gidigba for Warriors this season...

Though the losses would be rare, but every loss will be like...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:04am On Oct 20, 2016
Donlittle:
I think Rudy Gay would have been better, but we have nothing to trade for him. Would have been way better.

With his level of play, if he continues, We are going to end up amnestying this guy.
Give them Barnes and a draft pick. Gay is older sef so just make it a straight swap

Who are the scouts and talent evaluators for this team? They suck! No wonder they have not drafted any decent player since Josh Howard
Re: The NBA Begins by RENOWNED2(m): 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Repping Milwaukee Bucks And Okc Thunder!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Kwallon: 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2016
WNBA Final Game 5: Nneka Ogwumike's Sparks Vs Lynx ( Fri: 1am)

Will be live on our platform. www.kwallon.com/sports/live.

Currently drawn at 2-2, this will be the final match. Let's support our own (Nneka).

Ensure your adblocker is installed on your PC.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:19am On Oct 21, 2016
Spots still open yall. I think olowu signed up twice so ima open one spot (killrhymz) up lol

https://yho.com/nba?l=65135&k=7136ee36288af2c5&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=59b97f5bd3b86612

I havent heard from abifoluwa or richard. Not sure if they are playing. If you want to join the league and we ran out of spots give me a heads up here and ill try to work it out
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:01am On Oct 21, 2016
Im hearing Reggie Miller's name too much angry There are at least a hundred players better than Reggie. Just because hes on TNT all the time and they keep trying to pump him up doesnt change the facts. What else is he known for other than being a nuisance to the knicks in a few games?

This list is bananas

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.