Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633980 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 10:49am On Oct 06, 2016
Derrickfresh:
yo guys, I saw this interview on Iverson and the dude said something which makes me ask this who do you think has the best crossover........Allen said it's him tho, so who do y'all think??
Definitely allen iverson.....a.k.a the ANSWER,little big man...derom williams also has good cross overs,i think kyrie irving does it once awhile,but allen, almost every game....you see grown men being crossed.....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2016
I do like to ask if you guys had to choose your top 5 players...{personal preference}...who would be in in...i do like to pick guys i watched play.....not guys that i saw their highlights....here goes....
1) Micheal jordan....saw i little bit of micheal....at chicago.... and the old him at wizard.
2) Kobe bryant.....i just have a feeling he changed his number from 8 to 24 because of jordan...after 23,24 is next..
3) Allen iverson....this guy is a pitbull, he his so competitive...u wonder if had a little bit more size what he would have done.
4) tracy macgrady.....this guy should be named the smooth operator....just too smooth......
5) vince carter...a.k.a air canada,a.k.a...half man,half amazing....freid weis of france would not forget this guy.
I love players that have that "hump". Pitbull style.... grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 11:12am On Oct 06, 2016
carbonado:

Definitely allen iverson.....a.k.a the ANSWER,little big man...derom williams also has good cross overs,i think kyrie irving does it once awhile,but allen, almost every game....you see grown men being crossed.....
the one that made me love Allen was the cross on MJ.....gosh that was damn good
Re: The NBA Begins by Kwallon: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2016
Pre-season: LA Clippers 75 Vs 120 Golden State Warriors - Full Game Highlights

http://www.kwallon.com/2016/10/la-clippers-75-vs-120-golden-state-warriors/
Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
Derrickfresh:
the one that made me love Allen was the cross on MJ.....gosh that was damn good
yeah...i know that cross over,it was his rookie year....however.....my best cross over of his was on a timber-wolves guard....cant remember his name,he crossed the guy the first time,the guyfell,A.I hesitated and the guy had time to stand up,he gave the second cross the guy fell again....then he went for the rack.....such amazing talant. To me,he his the best small player ever.....i know they say it IS Isaiah....because Isiah....had rings and his attitude was cool,however A.I had no ring and had problem with the way he said things in his early days...However....i go with allen......
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
carbonado:
I do like to ask if you guys had to choose your top 5 players...{personal preference}...who would be in in...i do like to pick guys i watched play.....not guys that i saw their highlights....here goes....
1) Micheal jordan....saw i little bit of micheal....at chicago.... and the old him at wizard.
2) Kobe bryant.....i just have a feeling he changed his number from 8 to 24 because of jordan...after 23,24 is next..
3) Allen iverson....this guy is a pitbull, he his so competitive...u wonder if had a little bit more size what he would have done.
4) tracy macgrady.....this guy should be named the smooth operator....just too smooth......
5) vince carter...a.k.a air canada,a.k.a...half man,half amazing....freid weis of france would not forget this guy.
I love players that have that "hump". Pitbull style.... grin
No chef curry,
am disappointed.

Except this na for only retired player but Vince still dey active.
Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
grin
carbonado:

yeah...i know that cross over,it was his rookie year....however.....my best cross over of his was on a timber-wolves guard....cant remember his name,he crossed the guy the first time,the guyfell,A.I hesitated and the guy had time to stand up,he gave the second cross the guy fell again....then he went for the rack.....such amazing talant. To me,he his the best small player ever.....i know they say it IS Isaiah....because Isiah....had rings and his attitude was cool,however A.I had no ring and had problem with the way he said things in his early days...However....i go with allen......
yea I know that cross too but why I love the one on MJ was the manner he did it... He first dropped a bait cross and saw that MJ would go for it before he went for the main one despite the fact that MJ and JH are sharp contrasts in defense grin
Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
SIRcumalot:

No chef curry,
am disappointed.

Except this na for only retired player but Vince still dey active.

Naaa,no steph curry.....first of all,this guys are almost all retired,except for vince who is a shadow of himself,besides,this are my top 5....and i want you to look at that list again and tell who steph is better than....this guys played ball in the bad boys era...when basketball was intensely physical.....you could role some tapes...or watch some highlights...to survive then......was something else.....steph is a good ball player..great shooter and would go down as a hall of famer....however......i think N.B.A has lightened up,the intensity is not what it use to be, his just not on my list....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:28am On Oct 07, 2016
Folks, step right up! naira league is open for the season. Use link below to join - this year we have 3 disivisons of 4 people each to make things more interesting. If you had joined last season, when you click, your name should still be present. You just have to confirm you want to play this season.

https://yho.com/nba?l=65135&k=7136ee36288af2c5&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=59b97f5bd3b86612

playoffs are towards the end of the season - 6 teams out of 12, comprising 3 division leaders and the next top 3.

and please, skywalker and joephemzyz, no jazz this year grin. no more attempts at 10-0

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
birdman:
Folks, step right up! naira league is open for the season. Use link below to join - this year we have 3 disivisons of 4 people each to make things more interesting. If you had joined last season, when you click, your name should still be present. You just have to confirm you want to play this season.

https://yho.com/nba?l=65135&k=7136ee36288af2c5&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=59b97f5bd3b86612

playoffs are towards the end of the season - 6 teams out of 12, comprising 3 division leaders and the next top 3.

and please, skywalker and joephemzyz, no jazz this year grin. no more attempts at 10-0

Hehehe my man!
No super teams o!
Ready for y'all
Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
birdman:

would this be a physical league,please enlighten me....
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
carbonado:

would this be a physical league,please enlighten me....

Bro, it's basketball fantasy league o... grin
You get to own a fantasy team and call the shots.
Square up against friends weekly.

@birdman and @skywalker
Pls shed more light fa
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:33am On Oct 08, 2016
joephemzyz:

Bro, it's basketball fantasy league o... grin
You get to own a fantasy team and call the shots.
Square up against friends weekly.

@birdman and @skywalker
Pls shed more light fa

yup its not physical.

joephemzyz it looks like you registered twice lol. your old team and a new one...abeg remove the new ine...u wan do us 419 lol grin

actually i auto renewed your old one, so you dont need a new one - check to make sure you still have control of the old one
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:36am On Oct 08, 2016
and welcome aboard lolawilliams and olowu cheesy cheesy cheesy. Draft is october 23, sunday at 5PM pacific time. i think this is probably the most likely time that works for everyone.

We got 2 or 3 more spots!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 08, 2016
hopefully i don't miss the draft unlike the last time. I was terrible last season, i am always missing the damn draft lol

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
birdman:

yup its not physical.

joephemzyz it looks like you registered twice lol. your old team and a new one...abeg remove the new ine...u wan do us 419 lol grin

actually i auto renewed your old one, so you dont need a new one - check to make sure you still have control of the old one

Was wondering too grin
Lemmi see to it
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
birdman:

yup its not physical.

actually i auto renewed your old one, so you dont need a new one - check to make sure you still have control

Broski it appyas I dunno how to delete the new one.
I still have control over the old one tho grin
Which way?

I have figured it out sa
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2016
I've joined but I don't know anything about this fantasy league stuff. So you guys would help me. So far, I've got a hang of it but I still have no players and draft day is on 24th I guess
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 8:00am On Oct 09, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I've joined but I don't know anything about this fantasy league stuff. So you guys would help me. So far, I've got a hang of it but I still have no players and draft day is on 24th I guess

Twill be fun bro cheesy
Ensure that u don't miss the draft
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:15am On Oct 09, 2016
joephemzyz:

Twill be fun bro cheesy
Ensure that u don't miss the draft
Tell me how it's like.. What we need to do.. So me newbie knows what to do.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Tell me how it's like.. What we need to do.. So me newbie knows what to do.
Ha!
Last season I missed the draft, had to tune up my team via trades et, al.
The draft involves systematic player acquisition by all team managers in nairaleàgue.
When draft's done with, u get to square up against different managers every week.
You try to surpass your opponents in categories like points , assists, steals, rebounds et, al.
Nb: this is determined by how well your players perform in real life games that week.
I hope u feel me ?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
joephemzyz:

Ha!
Last season I missed the draft, had to tune up my team via trades et, al.
The draft involves systematic player acquisition by all team managers in nairaleàgue.
When draft's done with, u get to square up against different managers every week.
You try to surpass your opponents in categories like points , assists, steals, rebounds et, al.
Nb: this is determined by how well your players perform in real life games that week.
I hope u feel me ?
I understand the latter part perfectly.. Come to the draft, are we going to be selecting the players we want or we're going to be given by the computer system randomly?
Re: The NBA Begins by tex25: 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
Heat Fans in the house show some love cool
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:07am On Oct 10, 2016
tex25:
Heat Fans in the house show some love cool

boy, what a year to be a heat fan lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:36am On Oct 10, 2016
birdman:

boy, what a year to be a heat fan lol
hehehe wanted to ask him something but refrained
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 11:40am On Oct 10, 2016
birdman:

lol. I'm not sure if me and Joephemzyz actually got a clean sheet but there is no harm trying again grin grin grin grin . The warriors will attempt to go 80-0 this year so why shouldn't i grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thats ring was mine till you allowed in a contractor that stole my championship. Just like the warriors, i am here to reclaim my glory.

Hope you have removed that contractor? i no want make the guy come pour sand sand for my championship again. This is strictly Nairaland league. no expatriate or contractor allowed

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:40am On Oct 10, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
hehehe wanted to ask him something but refrained

I'm very sure it has something to do with LeBron sad
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
Skywalker5:

lol. I'm not sure if me and Joephemzyz actually got a clean sheet but there is no harm trying again grin grin grin grin . The warriors will attempt to go 80-0 this year so why shouldn't i grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thats ring was mine till you allowed in a contractor that stole my championship. Just like the warriors, i am here to reclaim my glory.

Hope you have removed that contractor? i no want make the guy come pour sand sand for my championship again. This is strictly Nairaland league. no expatriate or contractor allowed

Hehehehe skywalker o
80-0 bawo!
Make I cum slay una small this season ejoor
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
joephemzyz:

Hehehehe skywalker o
80-0 bawo!
Make I cum slay una small this season ejoor

slay me? let me games begin. We shall see. You tried and failed last season. The same thing will happen again.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2016
Skywalker5:

slay me? let me games begin. We shall see. You tried and failed last season. The same thing will happen again.

Hehe!!!
I owe u one lesson brodie
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:13am On Oct 11, 2016
Skywalker5:

ah bros, i removed the guy sharp sharp. that dude is a sniper.... grin. this time i even kept the league private - there are fantasy bball vampires out there lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:28am On Oct 11, 2016
Birdman, joephemzyz I asked a question and no reply. At draft day, are going to add players to be able ourselves or the system would give by default? And if it's self acquisition, would it be first come first serve? More info about draft day please. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (2217) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.