Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,897 members, 7,844,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1650223 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (2242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Goodmorning all, happy Sunday. I don't like to say it but boy! Wasn't Westbrook heavenly lastnight?
Piling up 22 assists for another triple double isn't the kinda Westbrook we have always described here. What has come over him? He completely brought his teammates into the game and it showed, cos they played better, the team had fun and the bench was happier for it.
I've been reviewing video clips of his passes, they were as dope as he was daring and brilliant. Esp the "shammgod" to Steven Adams, dude has got talent.
Reminds me of Dwayne Wade in his hey days
Dude has been so hot this season, Just raking triple doubles any how. I am tipping for MVP, though I don't like him

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I looked up GSW vs Portland replay in xvideos I was told rape wasn't allowed.. I found it on YouTube tho..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bswCtipo3eg

So scary to watch embarassed

GSW all the way baby
grin grin cavs fans won't be happy with this ... today is 21st already, 25th at d corner
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
ipledge10:
Dude has been so hot this season, Just raking triple doubles any how. I am tipping for MVP, though I don't like him
Well, I like his contribution to the game but no way is he getting anywhere near an MVP mention.
Even Harden still stands above him.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Well, I like his contribution to the game but no way is he getting anywhere near an MVP mention.
as my friend used to say, season is still young.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2016
sapiosexual1:

as my friend used to say, season is still young. We still have long way to go

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
ipledge10:
as my friend used to say, season is still young. We still have long way to go
You're right, I agree with you. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Please, You guys should always read undecided I was talking about if late start to the game of basketball or Nigerian background of poor nutrition has anything to do with Festus injury history. Has had almost 3 career threatening injury. No one compared him to Hakeem in terms of skill. I also have issues with my back after playing for a while so I was wondering.

nah, its not that serious. it was half in jest. i just dont even want ezeli in the same sentence. Thats my own lol. Now let me get back my beatdown embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
These basketball social media pages be wilding out on twitter

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
Donlittle:
These basketball social media pages be wilding out on twitter
cheesy grin These guys..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
Don't see any team stopping GSW this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
Ochillary:
Don't see any team stopping GSW this season.

clippers if they can stay healty and out of scandal for once. That team is a bad matchup on many levels. With Durant I can see warriors having an edge but it is still a close call.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
birdman:

clippers if they can stay healty and out of scandal for once. That team is a bad matchup on many levels. With Durant I can see warriors having an edge but it is still a close call.
clippers are only strong at home ground. GSW will defeat any team right now at any ground.. Spurs and cavs are the only side that might stop GSW.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 23, 2016
George Karl...
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:33am On Dec 23, 2016
Nets of all Teams! And we have Pistons next. Jeez. GSW sabi fall pesin hands.

I am going to bed joor. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:29am On Dec 23, 2016
Eruditor:

u no watch the game finish abi?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:52am On Dec 23, 2016
Eruditor:

O yea men of little faith!!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 23, 2016
Roland17:

As in ehn, anyone who writes off an NBA game when a team is down even as much as 20 with a whole quarter to play (let alone the GSW) has very little faith.
The GSW showed their independence on any player but I dare say they wouldnt be gifted such comeback against stronger defences of the Spurs and Cavs.
Congrats Draymond Green!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 23, 2016
By the way, anyone watching the clippers - spurs? Lovely stuff going down there, playoff stuff
Re: The NBA Begins by RT101: 7:03am On Dec 23, 2016
Mynd44:

Lmaooooo

What's up dude.. I see ya'll are still holding it down after all these years. smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:50am On Dec 23, 2016
SIRcumalot:

u no watch the game finish abi?

I did not oh. When Nets started leading by 16points I went to bed fearing another L.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:51am On Dec 23, 2016
Roland17:

LOL. I feared another Memphis game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 10:03am On Dec 23, 2016
RT101:

What's up dude.. I see ya'll are still holding it down after all these years. smiley
Reality? shocked shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:20pm On Dec 23, 2016
birdman:

Clippers? Golden State go beat am like thief! Even their size might not matter when DeAndre cannot play the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter
Re: The NBA Begins by RT101: 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mynd44:

Reality? shocked shocked shocked

cheesy Yea homie, I remembered ya'll and decided to stop by. Where is everyone else.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:32am On Dec 24, 2016
George Karl is a badt man grin. Dude no send at all. Going in on Carmelo, K.Martin and JR Smith. I guess it's every man for himself when it comes to selling books. The lack of a Father Figure should really have been a no go area with regards to Anthony.
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 10:12am On Dec 24, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Goodmorning all, happy Sunday. I don't like to say it but boy! Wasn't Westbrook heavenly lastnight?
Piling up 22 assists for another triple double isn't the kinda Westbrook we have always described here. What has come over him? He completely brought his teammates into the game and it showed, cos they played better, the team had fun and the bench was happier for it.
I've been reviewing video clips of his passes, they were as dope as he was daring and brilliant. Esp the "shammgod" to Steven Adams, dude has got talent.
Reminds me of Dwayne Wade in his hey days

SmooshCHN:
the teammate Westbrook.. That's who I like

Lol. Warriors fans are really really funny....

When he has 13, 14 assists, he's selfish but when he dishes out 22 dimes, he's now a team player.

No, let us not give credit to the teammates that were more efficient with the passes. No, why should we? Afterall, when WB was doling out 10+ assists a game, the teammates weren't on the court. Right?

You know what? Let the "team" Westbrook start averaging 20+ assists and let's all be good.

In the meantime, let the team CP3 averaging 9 assists a game start averaging 20 assists. He should do that since he got players like Griffin, The Truth, The 6th man of the year, hot shooting Reddick and alley oop Jordan. 20 assists ain't hard, izzit?

And someone here is still placing Harden above Westbrook this season after the last few games. Okay...

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 10:13am On Dec 24, 2016
Decale, your Wolves did it again...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 24, 2016
OohMpa:

When he has 13, 14 assists, he's selfish but when he dishes out 22 dimes, he's now a team player.

No, let us not give credit to the teammates that were more efficient with the passes. No, why should we? Afterall, when WB was doling out 10+ assists a game, the teammates weren't on the court. Right?

You know what? Let the "team" Westbrook start averaging 20+ assists and let's all be good.

In the meantime, let the team CP3 averaging 9 assists a game start averaging 20 assists. He should do that since he got players like Griffin, The Truth, The 6th man of the year, hot shooting Reddick and alley oop Jordan. 20 assists ain't hard, izzit?

And someone here is still placing Harden above Westbrook this season after the last few games. Okay...
Common man, dont be spooky, heheheh grin
Over the past 5-6 games, Westbrook has lifted his game to an entirely new level, not hitherto seen. Perhaps it's the chase for Oscar Robertson's single season triple double record that has motivated him.
Right now, he is up there with the very best in the league, if not the hottest , and if he keeps this up all season, deciding for the MVP would be a close call.
It's not like Harden isn't playing well ATM either but Westbrook is simply superfluous.
The NBA is day-to-day, over the next 10 games, I may have reason to yet again eat back my words. That's the beauty of the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:25am On Dec 24, 2016
OohMpa:
Decale, your Wolves did it again...

I'm a Bulls fan oooo. Though, I feel for the Wolves fans every game, they have something in common with Arsenal cry

And it happened as I predicted, Lavine dropping 40, Wiggins 15. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 24, 2016
Again, it's not just about playing well, a star player should also motivate his team to finish as high up as possible and compete for the ring.
James wouldn't be considered up there if with all his amazing stats, he couldnt push the Cavs all the way last season.
That's MVP and an all star stuff
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:08am On Dec 24, 2016
OohMpa:

Did you watch that game?? I guess no. If you did you'll see instead of his 12/40 FG he shot less and involved others.. That's what we're saying.. No one hates him as you insinuate.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:29am On Dec 24, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Again, it's not just about playing well, a star player should also motivate his team to finish as high up as possible and compete for the ring.
James wouldn't be considered up there if with all his amazing stats, he couldnt push the Cavs all the way last season.
That's MVP and an all star stuff

Don't mind OohMpa. In that 22 assists game I believe WB did not even make any significant points all game till the end of the 2nd quarter or beginning of the third quarter. When his first few shots did not fall he turned provider and was dishing out- which is exactly what Harden has been doing all season and why Harden's team sat 3rd in the West compared to WBs team at the time.

WB is a good player at least perhaps only Mark Cuban does not think he is a big deal. We have all consistently said his motivation to be MVP should be such that he helps his team win more games not to be averaging 40ppg with a losing streak.

Every top 20 player in the NBA can score 40+ ppg when they take 40 spg. But how many of them can afford to do it while their team keeps winning games and leading a conference? That's a different thing entirely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (2242) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.