Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,744 members, 7,844,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1649900 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (2242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Top memes this week.. cheesy
Lmao. To be fair to Lebron he has racked a lot of miles the last 5 years
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
ipledge10:
She start claiming GSW are stat whores grin grin don't mind Lola it will shock her that cavs won't win the conference title
Hmm.. Stat whores?? I won't even go there.
A40:

Lmao. To be fair to Lebron he has racked a lot of miles the last 5 years
Well, since I sit or lay on my bed and watch matches for free, I can't get mad if Curry, Klay and Green sits.. If I travelled and paid to watch and Big 3 and Curry sits or as LeBron said (I've paid my dues), I swear He won't feel it but Damn. It's going to be crazy!! Well, It's my fault I wasn't that talented cheesy but Damn those front row tickets or $500+ sits and you is not playing?? Bruh!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
people dont know it yet, but lebron peaked physically like 2 seasons ago.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
birdman:
people dont know it yet, but lebron peaked physically like 2 seasons ago.
It's hard to believe tho. That block on Iguodala still haunts me in my sleep.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
SmooshCHN:

everybody got chills on that play. igyy probably has that nightmare on repeat lol
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
SmooshCHN:

Ever since that chase down block. Iguodala hasnt gotten himself till now.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
Revisionist I know but Iggy should be going for the jam there not a layup. JR or not
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
A40:
Revisionist I know but Iggy should be going for the jam there not a layup. JR or not

In your opinion as a Mavs fan, what direction should your Mavs be headed? Rebuilding with draft picks or Free agency?

Dirk does not want to be a part of a rebuild, however, he has missed 21 games this games and has not been healthy enough to contribute. The roaster lacks the depth in quality to compete in the West.

Rick Carlisle remains one of my favorite coaches in the league especially during the run to the championship. However, he is working with little or nothing at the moment.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:51am On Dec 18, 2016
Roland17:

In your opinion as a Mavs fan, what direction should your Mavs be headed? Rebuilding with draft picks or Free agency?

Dirk does not want to be a part of a rebuild, however, he has missed 21 games this games and has not been healthy enough to contribute. The roaster lacks the depth in quality to compete in the West.

Rick Carlisle remains one of my favorite coaches in the league especially during the run to the championship. However, he is working with little or nothing at the moment.
I don't really know tbh. The Mavs aren't exactly a free agent destination but on the other hand the Front office's draft record has been atrocious. You have to go back to Josh Howard in 2003 for the last time the Mavs drafted a guy that made an all-star game.

What Dirk wants at this point is irrelevant if he is not even going to be healthy enough to contribute. I don't think any team would take him with his salary anyway.

A full blown rebuild might be the only way out. I don't know who in their right mind would expect the Mavs to compete with a plodding perma-crock like Bogut at Center for example
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:08am On Dec 18, 2016
A40:
Remember he has back issues during the series. But I felt he should've tried it and force a foul. Hopefully there won't be a game 7 this time
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:12am On Dec 18, 2016
I swear I hate to see Nigerians struggling especially international or professional sport bodies. Festus Ezeli to have another season ending knee surgery. Makes me wonder, does his late start at basketball 14yrs have to do with this? And since he started late, did the poor Nigerian Nutrition factor also affect since he actually never knew he'll be playing the sport?
And Aminu is struggling also. I hope he gets his groove quick.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I swear I hate to see Nigerians struggling especially international or professional sport bodies. Festus Ezeli to have another season ending knee surgery. Makes me wonder, does his late start at basketball 14yrs have to do with this? And since he started late, did the poor Nigerian Nutrition factor also affect since he actually never knew he'll be playing the sport?
not really, Hakeem didn't start till he was 16 or 17 assuming he didn't even use Nigerian age and all of that.

Body na body, chikena. This is the first time aminu has been injured though, like serious injury.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 18, 2016
Goodmorning all, happy Sunday. I don't like to say it but boy! Wasn't Westbrook heavenly lastnight?
Piling up 22 assists for another triple double isn't the kinda Westbrook we have always described here. What has come over him? He completely brought his teammates into the game and it showed, cos they played better, the team had fun and the bench was happier for it.
I've been reviewing video clips of his passes, they were as dope as he was daring and brilliant. Esp the "shammgod" to Steven Adams, dude has got talent.
Reminds me of Dwayne Wade in his hey days
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I don't think it has much to do with starting late, though we generally begin late, but they've been on special diet since whenever and they're exposed to the best physios and facilities the game can offer.
I think it's just one of those sad moments in sports that every athlete has to go through.
I mean, only a few can boast of not having serious injuries, just a few.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2016
sapiosexual1:

I don't think it has much to do with starting late, though we generally begin late, but they've been on special diet since whenever and they're exposed to the best physios and facilities the game can offer.
I think it's just one of those sad moments in sports that every athlete has to go through.
sapiosexual1:

OK then, I just wanted to know what you guys think.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
45 point blow-out but haters will say Aminu didn't start. grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Goodmorning all, happy Sunday. I don't like to say it but boy! Wasn't Westbrook heavenly lastnight?
Piling up 22 assists for another triple double isn't the kinda Westbrook we have always described here. What has come over him? He completely brought his teammates into the game and it showed, cos they played better, the team had fun and the bench was happier for it.
I've been reviewing video clips of his passes, they were as dope as he was daring and brilliant. Esp the "shammgod" to Steven Adams, dude has got talent.
Reminds me of Dwayne Wade in his hey days
the teammate Westbrook.. That's who I like

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
Can the Wolves trade for a PG?

I don't know how a team with 2 rookies of the year, a potential top shooter cannot even close out a game for the umpteenth time.

Lavine, Wiggins and KAT are the future but are the most inconsistent players I've seen this season. It's either KAT drops 40 today and other 2 barely reach 15 or Wiggins/Lavine dropping their own while the remaining struggle. You'd think because they got 3 players in their roster averaging 20+ppg (like Warriors and Cavs) that they drop 20 every single game.

They need a leader and Rubio isn't cut out for such role. Wall, Lillard, Westbrook, D.Will can leave their inconsequential teams and put their talents to real use. I will even take Teague and Jennings over Rubio.

After getting a good PG, move Lavine to the bench as a 6th man. His shots mostly fall in a stretch, right after he puts his behind on the bench in a quarter. Plus, to be honest, they need that "Oomph" from the bench. Move Dieng too. Rotate between Aldrich and Dieng as 5 leaving KAT at PF. Hin dey hard? Mtchewwwww

They have the money with all these peanuts they're paying their players. Or don't they? And to convince point guards won't be hard with the right options.

I don tire for these Wolves honestly.
#End of rant

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2016
Portlan. The D is silent
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
A40:
Portlan. The D is silent
Eruditor:
45 point blow-out but haters will say Aminu didn't start. grin
grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
I looked up GSW vs Portland replay in xvideos I was told rape wasn't allowed.. I found it on YouTube tho..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bswCtipo3eg

So scary to watch embarassed

GSW all the way baby

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I looked up GSW vs Portland replay in xvideos I was told rape wasn't allowed.. I found it on YouTube tho..

So scary to watch embarassed

GSW all the way baby

Im thinking blazers partied friday night. ridiculous
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
Can't the Mavs go for Nerlens Noel? Injury prone but at least young and with a higher upside than Bogut
Re: The NBA Begins by redarrr(m): 12:17am On Dec 19, 2016
first of all,lebron chase down block is like a normal thing to me because he did it wen he was first in cavs,miami nd nw in cavs so nothing new abt it...

i always tell pple neva compare that time to this time i.e olajuwon to festus ezeli because at that u cn afford to mke some mistake while playin on d court nd they were not really competition(individual competition) at that time compared to nw
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:44am On Dec 19, 2016
ppl mentioning ezeli and hakeem in the same sentence. I dont even know where to start. Ezeli is a big body to clog up the middle., Nothing more. He got exposed to some fame because he played as the big guy on a team that plays small ball. Other then that, dude is not worth the mention. Ike Diogu is 2 times better than this dude any day. even on sunday undecided

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 19, 2016
Man bird man said even on Sunday

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:54am On Dec 19, 2016
Donlittle:
Man bird man said even on Sunday

lol my guy no quench o
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:51am On Dec 19, 2016
redarrr:

i always tell pple neva compare that time to this time i.e olajuwon to festus ezeli because at that u cn afford to mke some mistake while playin on d court nd they were not really competition(individual competition) at that time compared to nw
birdman:
ppl mentioning ezeli and hakeem in the same sentence. I dont even know where to start. Ezeli is a big body to clog up the middle., Nothing more. He got exposed to some fame because he played as the big guy on a team that plays small ball. Other then that, dude is not worth the mention. Ike Diogu is 2 times better than this dude any day. even on sunday undecided
Please, You guys should always read undecided I was talking about if late start to the game of basketball or Nigerian background of poor nutrition has anything to do with Festus injury history. Has had almost 3 career threatening injury. No one compared him to Hakeem in terms of skill. I also have issues with my back after playing for a while so I was wondering.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:20am On Dec 21, 2016
Career high 44 points for IT, he took over the offense tonight..

Getting a W at the FedEx home court is huge especially since the Grizzlies played with full strength.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 21, 2016
IMHO, the GSW are flat track bullies grin. Beasting a team like Utah by 30pts while still shooting 33% is atrocious. They would only find their match in teams like Houston rockets, Spurs and the Cavs. Those are the only teams that can stand up to them now, I fear
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 21, 2016
And hey, congrats to King James on moving past Malone for 8th on the scoring list.
Many of us don't rate him highly but would take him into our fantasy teams in one breath.
Can he score a thousand more points this season to go past Shaq? Certainly, yes.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:08am On Dec 21, 2016
the ending to the spurs-rocket was just too funny!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (2242) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.