Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630036 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:16am On Mar 09, 2017
Eruditor:

Kerr is poor when he looses then has good players when he wins. You can't make things like this up.

Anyways, it was a late game so I couldn't stay up to watch it hence I can't tell what really happened. The figures show it was an offensive rather than a defensive slump with an 86 point home game, 8 TOs 4th quarter and 12 points to show for it.

Again, the team bottles another close game because a bench has garbage shooters and the greater shooters which Klay and Curry are, are going through their worst shooting run since forever.

You are not telling us something we didn't know. GSW has been bad for the last 6 games atleast and I said that, even when we beat the Knicks.

Take your W and walk with it. Hope it makes up for what AFC did to you on Tuesday. GSWs implosion and possible slide to second seed will not take away the joy that Barca brought to me yesterday cheesy
I was watching the game and thought we had it and slept off.. Our offense isn't what it used to be. Curry and Klay are the only shooter we have now. Green didn't even attempt wide open 3s neither did he really attack the basket. Other guys can't shoot a jumpshot to save their lives or even create their offense. On Defense we were OK, forget whatever it is anyone here was saying. They offense stunk and we ain't moving the ball like we used to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:25am On Mar 09, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I was watching the game and thought we had it and slept off.. Our offense isn't what it used to be. Curry and Klay are the only shooter we have now. Green didn't even attempt wide open 3s neither did he really attack the basket. Other guys can't shoot a jumpshot to save their lives or even create their offense. On Defense we were OK, forget whatever it is anyone here was saying. They offense stunk and we ain't moving the ball like we used to.

Bro, other GSW fans said it. I read posts on reddit like 5 mins ago. The same things you are saying now is what they said.

One person said we are running the same offense we did when KD was around, only that KD is not here. I remember January when we played more PnRs with Curry and we were blitzing teams. Then Kerr switched back to accommodate KD more in February and he picked an injury now we are here; From averaging 119ppg we are now 87 and 86 in 2 of our last 4 games, that just shows an offensive slump of the grandest proportions.

Klay playing with the 2nd line up doesn't cut it too especially when teams set out to mark him and Iggy and co can't shoot for sh-t. Shaun Livingston is another really major letdown. He has been bricking since the Wizards.

Perhaps Curry may need to force more shots or drives (Like Russell does) since he is currently scoring with Russell's efficiency (sh-t, that's what I mean cheesy ). I can't believe an MVP takes only 1 shot in the 4th quarter when your offense is stagnant.
Re: The NBA Begins by allenmeist: 10:14am On Mar 09, 2017
[quote author=OohMpa post=54382890]

[color=#808000]Interesting list

Ooh Mpa's MVP list would be like:

Kawhi
Harden
Lebron
Westbrook
Thomas
Durant
Derozan
Wall
Lowry
Hayward
Gasol

CURRENTLY!!!!

If dem like talk say Harden go win MVP, Kawhi is superior currently cos:

His team is 2nd best in NBA just 2.5 games behind
He's the best 2 way player in the league
He's the 2nd clutchest player in the league
He's the highlight in a team that features grandpas and farmers, a first in a long while.
He's the second PER in the league for someone that averages few minutes

And again, his team is close to first.

we now 1.5 games behind....
Re: The NBA Begins by allenmeist: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2017
A40:

Westbrook has outplayed Kawhi and Lebron this year. Mark Cuban is not right anything.

Not a fan of Westbrook and his puerile antagonizing of K.D but to trivialize what he has done this year is unfair. His workload is sick

Give Kawhi and Lebron a team like the Thunders and they will do exactly what Russell is doing...Funny enough Kawhi isnt a lottery pick
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
This little warriors slump is very good for Durant,shows our dependent the warriors are on him even with green, Klay and Steph.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
Eruditor:

Kerr is poor when he looses then has good players when he wins. You can't make things like this up.

Anyways, it was a late game so I couldn't stay up to watch it hence I can't tell what really happened. The figures show it was an offensive rather than a defensive slump with an 86 point home game, 8 TOs 4th quarter and 12 points to show for it.

Again, the team bottles another close game because a bench has garbage shooters and the greater shooters which Klay and Curry are, are going through their worst shooting run since forever.

You are not telling us something we didn't know. GSW has been bad for the last 6 games atleast and I said that, even when we beat the Knicks.

Take your W and walk with it. Hope it makes up for what AFC did to you on Tuesday. GSWs implosion and possible slide to second seed will not take away the joy that Barca brought to me yesterday cheesy

You did not watch the game, yet you have made conclusions based off stats. Did your stat sheet show you Kerr's tactics for each quarter? or the adjustments Kerr made if any?

Did your stat sheet/ game summary tell you how Jay Crowder made consecutive 3's because the Warriors were everywhere but away from him?

Did your stat sheet inform you the Warriors did not lose because of a shooting slump, but because the Celtics played better defense? or that defensive stops from the Celtics led to consecutive points that stretched the lead?

Eastern conference teams average 100 points or less in victories, while Golden state averages 117 in win, yet in 2 of the 3 losses the Warriors were held to 87 points and below, while opponents averaged 99 points and above except the Bulls. In your book, the Warriors are bad because their offense has been poor, however, that is one myopic way of looking at the games.

Do yourself some good by scrolling through the pages of this thread and educate yourself about my perspective on Kerr, and the Warriors. In the past i have praised Kerr, however, i have never failed to call out his rigidity in tactics and ineptitude when the tide is different. If anything i have a Warriors bias in comparison to the Cavs, however, it should not becloud my sense of judgement when analyzing games.

Truthfully, i am not sure why Arsenal is necessary in this conversation, it only distracts your points if any and makes you sound too emotional.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
Roland17:

You did not watch the game, yet you have made conclusions based off stats. Did your stat sheet show you Kerr's tactics for each quarter? or the adjustments Kerr made if any?

Did your stat sheet/ game summary tell you how Jay Crowder made consecutive 3's because the Warriors were everywhere but away from him?

Did your stat sheet inform you the Warriors did not lose because of a shooting slump, but because the Celtics played better defense? or that defensive stops from the Celtics led to consecutive points that stretched the lead?

Eastern conference teams average 100 points or less in victories, while Golden state averages 117 in win, yet in 2 of the 3 losses the Warriors were held to 87 points and below, while opponents averaged 99 points and above except the Bulls. In your book, the Warriors are bad because their offense has been poor, however, that is one myopic way of looking at the games.

Do yourself some good by scrolling through the pages of this thread and educate yourself about my perspective on Kerr, and the Warriors. In the past i have praised Kerr, however, i have never failed to call out his rigidity in tactics and ineptitude when the tide is different. If anything i have a Warriors bias in comparison to the Cavs, however, it should not becloud my sense of judgement when analyzing games.

Truthfully, i am not sure why Arsenal is necessary in this conversation, it only distracts your points if any and makes you sound too emotional.
Deep!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2017
Roland17:

This is jibbyjabber. I know your position on the Warriors and Kerr but Kerr does not become a bad coach for losing to the Celtics anymore than Brad Stevens became one when Phoenix beat you guys.

With that said, you don't get a monopoly on what does not seem to be clicking about GSW. I know my team and I watch them thus my judgment is lucid enough and has been that way even before overreaching EC teams picked wins against them.

See that thing you call myopic? That's the consensus on GSW threads, Reddit columns and ESPN comment boxes. My guess is we should hire you to see what Kerr and his rigidity won't see.

As per how the game went yesternight, I guess Chicago Bulls played great defense too when Klay was bricking wide open 3s and layups in the 4th quarter enroute to GSW scoring only 12 points in that quarter. Analysis to Paralysis or is it Paralysis of Analysis is a bane in our social space.

The --> cheesy at the end of that tongue in cheek comment wasn't there to occupy space. I know full well that you an ardent supporter of both AFC and the Celts and since one hurt you, it was only right that I celebrated the one that gave you joy yesterday. Similar to me who supports FCB and GSW. That I had to even explain that last sentence makes me wonder if someone is posting through your moniker.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
Roland17:

On those loses to Bulls and Celtics, what were the points in those games? All below 100ppg. These loses are attributed to Durant's absence. Whoever typically watches GSWs play knows the offense keeps moving and stays fluid to create space and chances not in the case of with Green, McCaw and Zaza who can hardly make their own shot.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2017
SmooshCHN:
On those loses to Bulls and Celtics, what were the points in those games? All below 100ppg. These loses are attributed to Durant's absence. Whoever typically watches GSWs play knows the offense keeps moving and stays fluid to create space and chances not in the case of with Green, McCaw and Zaza who can hardly make their own shot.
am attributing it to Durant's absence.
have not watched any of your games since Durant went down but I will watch you guys against the wolves and the spurs to confirm what I already suspect.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:51am On Mar 10, 2017
you never know what you're getting with the Cavs anything you watch them. great win for the Pistons.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:56am On Mar 10, 2017
I know you was expecting Jr Smith return would change 2-5 in the last 7 games. Back to Back to Back Ls. Cavs and Warriors have been struggling of late. With their 'depth" Cavs should be good.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 4:05am On Mar 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:
you never know what you're getting with the Cavs anything you watch them.
great win for the Pistons.

LeBron and Kyrie had a decent game, Fyre also did a great job of getting rebounds and making his 3's but the same can't be said of others. We got slayed in the fourth quarter by a team that wanted it more.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:10am On Mar 10, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Tell me.. Who wanted you guys to get hurt here?? Even on GSW Bogut and Festus Ezeli were never fully healthy. I was surprised Cavs went after him. While Festus had knee ending surgery yesterday.

Cavs were feeling the pressure. And a bigman with some inside offense helps Lebron a lot. For some reason, Cavs big men with like to camp and shoot 3s lol
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:35am On Mar 10, 2017
Muna15:

LeBron and Kyrie had a decent game, Fyre also did a great job of getting rebounds and making his 3's but the same can't be said of others. We got slayed in the fourth quarter by a team that wanted it more.
that high pick-roll with drummond chop the cavs for like three straight possessions.
maybe na defence but something is wrong the playoff is almost here.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:37am On Mar 10, 2017
Muna15:

that high pick-roll with drummond chop the cavs for like three straight possessions.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:50am On Mar 10, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I know you was expecting Jr Smith return would change 2-5 in the last 7 games. Back to Back to Back Ls. Cavs and Warriors have been struggling of late. With their 'depth" Cavs should be good.

both teams made the finals last year. they know they probably will again and the target is on their backs. Regardless of how hard it looks like they are playing, I assure you they are coasting on star power, trying to end the season without getting injured, getting mentally tired and giving away plays. They are going to try and win no 1 seed if they can. But they know 2 or 3 seed is no biggie. warriors especially know they have a slugfest coming up. Cavs are going to get punched in the mouth a couple of times, maybe knock some teeth loose grin. Half the coaching staff is probably drawing up plays and matchups even now.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 4:50am On Mar 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Aside playing defense, I think the team need to move the ball more. I'm getting concerned about the playoffs as well, but I hope K.Love returns on time and the team get their chemistry back.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 5:23am On Mar 10, 2017
birdman:

both teams made the finals last year. they know they probably will again and the target is on their backs. Regardless of how hard it looks like they are playing, I assure you they are coasting on star power, trying to end the season without getting injured, getting mentally tired and giving away plays. They are going to try and win no 1 seed if they can. But they know 2 or 3 seed is no biggie. warriors especially know they have a slugfest coming up.

I disagree with you on this, birdman. The finals is not as sure for the Cavs and GSW as it was for them last year. Celtics and Wizards are balling right now and I believe the Cavs cannot take them for granted.

As for seed, it's very important abeg! TD garden is not an easy place to play especially during the playoffs.

Without KD, this GSW no fit beat Utah not to talk of SAS.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:23am On Mar 10, 2017
birdman:

both teams made the finals last year. they know they probably will again and the target is on their backs. Regardless of how hard it looks like they are playing, I assure you they are coasting on star power, trying to end the season without getting injured, getting mentally tired and giving away plays. They are going to try and win no 1 seed if they can. But they know 2 or 3 seed is no biggie. warriors especially know they have a slugfest coming up. Cavs are going to get punched in the mouth a couple of times, maybe knock some teeth loose grin. Half the coaching staff is probably drawing up plays and matchups even now.
three straight losses to Teams with losing records am not panicking just a little worried.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:34am On Mar 10, 2017
SmooshCHN:

It is always that absent player that is the reason Cavs lost. Not the coach; star players not doing enough; opposition defense good; opposition offense good etc. LOL. Always that missing player. Funny stuff.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 7:35am On Mar 10, 2017
Muna15:

I disagree with you on this, birdman. The finals is not as sure for the Cavs and GSW as it was for them last year. Celtics and Wizards are balling right now and I believe the Cavs cannot take them for granted.

As for seed, it's very important abeg! TD garden is not an easy place to play especially during the playoffs.

Without KD, this GSW no fit beat Utah not to talk of SAS.

You think Celtic and the Wizard has a chance against the Cavs in the playoff? I say they have zero chance. This comes up every season especially when the Cavs ain't playing well and people always forget playoff Cavs is much more different from regular season Cavs. I ain't worry, they will be in the finals. Same thing can't be said of the warriors as have not seen them experienced this in the past 2 season and they have Spurs, Rockets etc to worry about in the west.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:35am On Mar 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

three straight losses to Teams with losing records am not panicking just a little worried.

You don't have any SAS breathing down your necks that's why. That is not a team you want to gift home court to during what is sure to be a 7 game slugfest.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:42am On Mar 10, 2017
birdman:

Brother man, they are not coasting o. There is fire on the mountain. A palpable one. I know you know better than to claim this season mirrors the last 2 because it doesn't. At this point, Bron was being rested here and there which was precipitating the odd inconsistent losses here and there not this drove.

The only reason Cavs still have a great chance is Bron, weak conference and NBA. With this form, they literally drop to 4th seed in the West and even if by some chance they see Semi or even WCF, they would do it with bandaids on every part of their bodies and tired legs. And you know Lebron is not as young as he used to be.

They need that big man in the center to help defensively. This was clear way early into the season.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:52am On Mar 10, 2017
Eruditor:

Brother man, they are not coasting o. There is fire on the mountain. A palpable one. I know you know better than to claim this season mirrors the last 2 because it doesn't. At this point, Bron was being rested here and there which was precipitating the odd inconsistent losses here and there not this drove.

The only reason Cavs still have a great chance is Bron, weak conference and NBA. With this form, they literally drop to 4th seed in the West and even if by some chance they see Semi or even WCF, they would do it with bandaids on every part of their bodies and tired legs. And you know Lebron is not as young as he used to be.

They need that big man in the center to help defensively. This was clear way early into the season.

Lebron peaked like 2 seasons ago no doubt. I will say raps, wiz, celtics can beat anyone this year in 7 game series...for real. After warriors, Spurs and Rockets, the west looks crappy (sorry clippers, but i know you are going to dissappoint with another injury). The only team that is a matchup nightmare and definite loss for the cavs in the west in Rockets. They have enough firepower to play their style...way too fast for a lbj led team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 10:21am On Mar 10, 2017
Manutd19:

You think Celtic and the Wizard has a chance against the Cavs in the playoff? I say they have zero chance. This comes up every season especially when the Cavs ain't playing well and people always forget playoff Cavs is much more different from regular season Cavs. I ain't worry, they will be in the finals.

The Current Cavs team is not the same as that of last year. Last year, Our Players had no injuries entering the playoffs, we had a big man and the team chemistry was good. JR was also better last season than he's been this season (Even before he got injured).
Celtics and W.wizards have also stepped up this year and their main men (I.T, Beal, Wall, Crowder,etc) are as hungry for success as LeBron and Kyrie.

I've got great believe in the team and I know they can do wonders in the playoffs but from what I saw in the last few games, I think we've got some work to do and I hope K.Love returns on time. We kinda miss his 3's and rebounds
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2017
Eruditor:

You don't have any SAS breathing down your necks that's why. That is not a team you want to gift home court to during what is sure to be a 7 game slugfest.
who asked you to stay in the wild wild west ? cheesy.
my concern is for the Cavs to play the smallest amount of games possible in the EC then patiently wait for who ever comes out of the west.

if the wolves Solo una Tonite start remembering KD in your prayers.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

who asked you to stay in the wild wild west ? cheesy.
my concern is for the Cavs to play the smallest amount of games possible in the EC then patiently wait for who ever comes out of the west.

if the wolves Solo una Tonite start remembering KD in your prayers.
So you gave up on your Celtics already and supporting the Cavs? Saddens me you lost confidence in your Celtics. Well, I have faith they can do something about Cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2017
Cavs need that support when Bron and Kyrie are resting. Love to me is the problem they aren't syncing now.

Warrior haven't figured out a way to fill Durant's shoes. These 2 players are the major reasons; nothing more.

That aside even without Love, Cavs will be at the finals. Nobody has their firepower regardless of Love's absence.

Same can't be said about Warriors. Everybody has the firepower
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
SmooshCHN:
So you gave up on your Celtics already and supporting the Cavs? Saddens me you lost confidence in your Celtics. Well, I have faith they can do something about Cavs.
never been a Celtics fan. na Roland be that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
Decale:

That aside even without Love, Cavs will be at the finals. Nobody has their firepower regardless of Love's absence.

I think you're underrating the Celtics and the wizards here. Love had to put up 39points for us to win against the wizards and we lost to Celtics without him.

I agree with you that the Cavs have enough to get to the finals but I think Love needs to be in the team in order for them to have a greater chance of winning. We can't rely on TT and LeBron alone for rebounds especially when we've got to play teams with good rebounders.

For instance, TT had just 4reb yesterday in a game where Drummond had 16 and He(TT) also had around 8rebs against the Celtics.

We need Love, man.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
Muna15:

I think you're underrating the Celtics and the wizards here. Love had to put up 39points for us to win against the wizards and we lost to Celtics without him.

I agree with you that the Cavs have enough to get to the finals but I think Love needs to be in the team in order for them to have a greater chance of winning. We can't rely on TT and LeBron alone for rebounds especially when we've got to play teams with good rebounders.

For instance, TT had just 4reb yesterday in a game where Drummond had 16 and He(TT) also had around 8rebs against the Celtics.

We need Love, man.

We know Love is what TT is trying to be but you're overrating those teams most esp Wizards

Wall needs help. Beal is good but sadly he's no game changer and injury baked. Wizards should get an all star or at least an SF/PG that duly attacks that rim before they can truly compete.

Celtics have improved but they can never take Cavs to 7 games. Last year Raptors was better and that didn't change anything. Celtics can contain to an extent but can they produce the points to overcome?

I no dey worried about Cavs. I understand your doubt cos you're a fan.

Na Warriors, the only team that can beat Cavs convincingly wey dey worry me

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.