Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629838 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
Decale:

We know Love is what TT is trying to be but you're overrating those teams most esp Wizards

Wall needs help. Beal is good but sadly he's no game changer and injury baked. Wizards should get an all star or at least an SF/PG that duly attacks that rim before they can truly compete.

Celtics have improved but they can never take Cavs to 7 games. Last year Raptors was better and that didn't change anything. Celtics can contain to an extent but can they produce the points to overcome?

I no dey worried about Cavs. I understand your doubt cos you're a fan.

Na Warriors, the only team that can beat Cavs convincingly wey dey worry me

They need to get their shit together first. Something tells me Utah Jazz fit surprise us cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:58am On Mar 11, 2017
Muna15:

They need to get their shit together first. Something tells me Utah Jazz fit surprise us cheesy

hahahaha...ol boy that will be a funny day. for warriors enemies at least grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:06am On Mar 11, 2017
utah always beat lebron teams for some reason must be something in the water for that state.
kawhi misses tomorrow game,which kinda sucks
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:40am On Mar 11, 2017
Curry, please cut down on the TOs and attack the rim more. 10 points down in the first quarter. Good start from Klay. Seems he might save us today.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:41am On Mar 11, 2017
SIRcumalot:

who asked you to stay in the wild wild west ? cheesy.
my concern is for the Cavs to play the smallest amount of games possible in the EC then patiently wait for who ever comes out of the west.

if the wolves Solo una Tonite start remembering KD in your prayers.

KD will be back for the playoffs. Now praying we keep top seed by some chance.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:09am On Mar 11, 2017
Smoosh where are you? Second chance points and bad 3 point shooting affecting us again. The NBA needs to do something about all the foul calls Curry doesn't get. It is sickening to watch. Wiggins literally held Curry's jersey till the lay up and the refs unlook.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:26am On Mar 11, 2017
These refs are the most useless things about the NBA.. What the hell??
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:31am On Mar 11, 2017
These refs again shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:32am On Mar 11, 2017
SmooshCHN:
These refs again shocked shocked
zaza fouled him there make we see wetin kerr go do
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:36am On Mar 11, 2017
SIRcumalot:

zaza fouled him there make we see wetin kerr go do
No!! That was a previous foul..
Eruditor:
Smoosh where are you? Second chance points and bad 3 point shooting affecting us again. The NBA needs to do something about all the foul calls Curry doesn't get. It is sickening to watch. Wiggins literally held Curry's jersey till the lay up and the refs unlook.
You see these refs. They didn't want to call a foul after Klay held RuRush after the missed clutch
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:38am On Mar 11, 2017
More than 34 free throws for Timberwolves cheesy Thanks NBA cheesy This one is strong

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:39am On Mar 11, 2017
wolves almost forked up this game for themselves.
pray for KD warriors may lose this first seed without him.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:42am On Mar 11, 2017
SmooshCHN:
No!! That was a previous fouls..You see these refs. They didn't want to call a foul after Klay held RuRush after the missed clutch
they called the jump ball.
curry didn't get anything from the ref sha still didn't do too well i was hoping he go nuclear in KD absence.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:54am On Mar 11, 2017
SIRcumalot:
They almost did thanks to the refs. Next game is Spurs. Kawhi isn't playing but I'm not expecting anything spectacular. Just that 1st seed. sad

Steph, Draymond, Klay and Andre AR resting tomorrow.. Psychological rest grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 11, 2017
It appears I'm the only one more interested in who clinches the final playoff spots esp in the East. It's gonna be an interesting 4-way slugfest.
For a while now, Top of the table doesn't really give me the fibs. Somehow it's gonna be Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, & Cavs in that order. Clear as daylight, isn't it?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:34am On Mar 11, 2017
SmooshCHN:
No!! That was a previous foul..You see these refs. They didn't want to call a foul after Klay held RuRush after the missed clutch

After 3rd Quarter I went to bed. The kinda foul calls Curry does not get worries me because Harden and WB get calls for people breathing around them.

The biggest mistake Spurs made was lose to OKC the other day. I suspected the NBA would find any way to make today's game more important than it should be. Anyways, Since it is a back to back, I endorse the rest. Even with an L, GSW will still be ahead by half before the next game. That game is the decider because I think they will shake this bad run off soon.

I know they claim Wolves had improved since the All star game, but really, apart from GSWs slumpy shooting and loss of points to second chance putbacks by Wolves, the foul calls were incredible. See the softest Tech Draymond received for his tackle on KAT- when Curry barely got to the line all game (in fact zilch when I was watching).
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:41am On Mar 11, 2017
SIRcumalot:

KD makes us win games more convincingly and that's about it. We lost 3 close games when he was still fit and we have lost close games again in his absence. That's what is actually disconcerting; the fact that Playoff games are close games for the most part. And we still haven't figured out how to win it. Yet Spurs tend to do that so effortlessly and consistently.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:47am On Mar 11, 2017
SmooshCHN:
They almost did thanks to the refs. Next game is Spurs. Kawhi isn't playing but I'm not expecting anything spectacular. Just that 1st seed. sad

Steph, Draymond, Klay and Andre AR resting tomorrow.. Psychological rest grin cheesy
that ref wasn't good to curry at all.
KAT and Wiggins had periods in the game were they both played horribly

I wasn't going to watch the spurs game because of kawhi absence but Kerr don make the game dey alright by resting four warriors to balance out kawhi cheesy.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:06am On Mar 11, 2017
Eruditor:

KD makes us win games more convincingly and that's about it. We lost 3 close games when he was still fit and we have lost close games again in his absence. That's what is actually disconcerting; the fact that Playoff games are close games for the most part. And we still haven't figured out how to win it. Yet Spurs tend to do that so effortlessly and consistently.
makes you win game period.
has it even be ten games since he went down against the wizards ?
we all would like to see the warriors fire on without KD (to show he joined the easy road) that hasn't happened.
lastly all that bullshit fouls curry doesn't get,KD gets them all the time.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:10am On Mar 11, 2017
sapiosexual1:
It appears I'm the only one more interested in who clinches the final playoff spots esp in the East. It's gonna be an interesting 4-way slugfest.
For a while now, Top of the table doesn't really give me the fibs. Somehow it's gonna be Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, & Cavs in that order. Clear as daylight, isn't it?
Coach spo is the story in the east. remember when we talked about him not getting the respect he deserves with bron on his roster well his doing it with a roster I can only identify maybe three people Max.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2017
SIRcumalot:

makes you win game period.
has it even be ten games since he went down against the wizards ?
we all would like to see the warriors fire on without KD (to show he joined the easy road) that hasn't happened.
lastly all that bullshit fouls curry doesn't get,KD gets them all the time.

I am not sure you got me. When he plays and we win, we usually blow teams out or have comfy leads. We never had that all game but whenever a game was close even in his presence we didn't win it. We have missed him easy but that game against Wolves was down to bad officiating (never mind how bad Curry has shot the 3 ball).

I just saw the video of the slide tackle Rubio put on Curry and even that wasn't called. Rubio had more FTs than GSW and Wiggins had 4FTs down the final stretch of possessions when Wolves couldn't make a bucket. This is painful.

My prayer goes to Curry though (slightly even more than KD). One of the reasons I went to bed was that I couldn't stand the sight of him bricking that many 3 balls. I really don't know what's happening in his head or home, but some thing is wrong.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:16am On Mar 11, 2017
SIRcumalot:

that ref wasn't good to curry at all.
KAT and Wiggins had periods in the game were they both played horribly

I wasn't going to watch the spurs game because of kawhi absence but Kerr don make the game dey alright by resting four warriors to balance out kawhi cheesy.

LOL @ 4 players. A loss to GSW will still have us a game and half infront plus I think it is a "middle-finger" to the NBA for the Wolves game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:08am On Mar 11, 2017
Make una leave NBA out of this one. Curry dey fire without FT, Wetin come happen?

Everybody was expecting fire from Curry in KD's absence now...
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:29am On Mar 11, 2017
Decale:
Make una leave NBA out of this one. Curry dey fire without FT, Wetin come happen?

undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Coach spo is the story in the east. remember when we talked about him not getting the respect he deserves with bron on his roster well his doing it with a roster I can only identify maybe three people Max.
Yes boss, personally I rate Spo second only to Popovic in respected coaches of the past decade.
Hez doing so much with an average Heat rooster with no superstars.
If they clinch that playoff spot (and I know they would)it would be a remarkable NBA story.
Having had to shake off the initial set back of loosing two all stars in Wade and Bosh.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
Decale:

I still stand by my previous assertion that Curry hasn't got the mental toughness to be the go-to guy in a superstar team when all eyes are on you. In no way can his leadership be compared to that of a LeBron or KD or Kawhi or Harden.
Curry is no doubt a talented player who rides on the crest of success but when the chips are down, he goes into hiding.
His fanboys would come at me again with bogus stats while quietly praying that he suddenly finds his range.
Hello fanboys!! grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
sapiosexual1:

I still stand by my previous assertion that Curry hasn't got the mental toughness to be the go-to guy in a superstar team when all eyes are on you. In no way can his leadership be compared to that of a LeBron or KD or Kawhi or Harden.
Curry is no doubt a talented player who rides on the crest of success but when the chips are down, he goes into hiding.
His fanboys would come at me again with bogus stats while quietly praying that he suddenly finds his range.
Hello fanboys!! grin

So where was Lebron's leadership when Dallas beat Miami 4-2?
Where was Kawhi's leadership when OKC drubbed Spurs 4-2?
Where was KD's leadership when a Curry-led GSW beat OKC (with Russell and KD) 4-3?
Where was Harden's leadership when a Curry-led GSW beat his team 4-1 in 14/15?

Go to your google searchbox and type "Curry foul calls" to see what people are saying online about how he doesn't get foul calls for a current MVP. Then bring any videos of Curry complaining about it.

I think my own previous assertion that you do not know what mental-toughness means still stands grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
Decale:

So wait, if a player is fouled each time he tries to score which prevents him from scoring, yet the foul is not called. He should go to the score board and give himself the point?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
eruditor you no curry isn't the first superstar to not get calls right?
Rose in his prime doesn't get them too and he drives all the time don't how things are with the Knicks now.

when I have the energy I go ask you how you arrive at this mental-toughness stuff.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
SIRcumalot:
eruditor you no curry isn't the first superstar to not get calls right?
Rose in his prime doesn't get them too and he drives all the time don't how things are with the Knicks now.

when I have the energy I go ask you how you arrive at this mental-toughness stuff.

Sure, never claimed he was the first but my issue with his own is that when he plays the same type of defence against the opposing PG he gets the foul calls which forces Kerr to bench him thus limiting his rhythm and productivity. I believe I also addressed his shooting slump which has taken a lot from his groove and confidence. But if we downplay the significance of FTs from the top FT shooter in the NBA, we would be remiss.

For evidence, see how many FTs LBJ got after game 4 in the Playoffs. I mentioned game 4 because it was after that game that Lue began to complain about Lebron not getting foul calls.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
Eruditor:

So where was Lebron's leadership when Dallas beat Miami 4-2?
Where was Kawhi's leadership when OKC drubbed Spurs 4-2?
Where was KD's leadership when a Curry-led GSW beat OKC (with Russell and KD) 4-3?
Where was Harden's leadership when a Curry-led GSW beat his team 4-1 in 14/15?

And where was Curry's leadership when his 73-9 team blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA-finals?

You forgot to add that wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.